#TO MANAGEMENT OF THIS COMMUNITY#

monoftalm
monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
I wish you guys start to realize how important some small things for us are are w/o even going into major engine stuff that is crying for years.

-- reset the map on time
-- stop killing small and medium size guilds by DEMOTIVATING them to Partake in xTW/TW - PAY out for xTW like you used to do
-- do more QUALITY and Rewarding GM HANDS ON EVENTS
-- increase drop rates in TEAM RUN instances

We didnt quit yet and since I been here for a decade - i have seen it all - good luck!
<3

Comments

• aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Agreed. I'd also add on the point about small/medium sized guilds to PLEASE take a look at trials difficulty for our version of the game. As it stands, only 4 factions on Tideswell (used to be only 2 - but 2 factions have recently been formed/strengthened enough to do them) can fully go to Trial 10. My faction can get 20 people together reliably for trials, 25 if we have a really good day for turnout, but there are some serious gating issues with the difficulty on Trials 1, 4, and 7 (and maybe higher, we've not been able to clear trial 7 yet). I know Trial 1 got nerfed a bit which was what allowed us to beat it finally, but trial 4 and now 7 seriously can hold small/mid factions back. Without the nuke capability that big guilds bring to 7, having to do the mechanics takes a bare minimum of 27-30 people. Our inability to clear this content, despite having some very dedicated organizers and participants, has cost us members time and again who keep migrating to the big factions on the server. It's bad enough the pvp season's just been completely ignored, but issues like this are just killing motivation to log in and try anymore with this game.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I'm half on side of relaunching the players tw season, Tho with no rewards this seams rather down to luck. The same is true for events.

I have no problem doing so but I'll be fair a bit of GM support would be a wonder.

As for the trials this really comes down to timezones again or having enough people in a guild on at that timezone. One thing I will say is lucky it's not time locked.

I dono about trials from any other point of view it's hard to take into account everything.

Thanks.
  • aradriel
    edited March 2019
    aradriel wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd also add on the point about small/medium sized guilds to PLEASE take a look at trials difficulty for our version of the game. As it stands, only 4 factions on Tideswell (used to be only 2 - but 2 factions have recently been formed/strengthened enough to do them) can fully go to Trial 10. My faction can get 20 people together reliably for trials, 25 if we have a really good day for turnout, but there are some serious gating issues with the difficulty on Trials 1, 4, and 7 (and maybe higher, we've not been able to clear trial 7 yet). I know Trial 1 got nerfed a bit which was what allowed us to beat it finally, but trial 4 and now 7 seriously can hold small/mid factions back. Without the nuke capability that big guilds bring to 7, having to do the mechanics takes a bare minimum of 27-30 people. Our inability to clear this content, despite having some very dedicated organizers and participants, has cost us members time and again who keep migrating to the big factions on the server. It's bad enough the pvp season's just been completely ignored, but issues like this are just killing motivation to log in and try anymore with this game.

edit: My specific suggestions for these trials would be: trial 4 should require fewer hex source dispells per room. It should be dropped from 4 to 3. Since there's 4 rooms, currently you need 16 diggers (who are all 100% on point) minimum. 12 would be much more forgiving. Trial 7's a bit tricky since we've not fully worked it out, but it should have a lower requirement on the number of players needed to stand on the rings. Right now it can say Outer Ring > Inner Ring > Central Ring > 6 players, which sounds like you'd need a minimum of 24 players (7+8+9 per ring) I think. It's just way too much, and making this change wouldn't make it "easier" for big factions, because they ignore the mechanics altogether.

[btw, sorry for the 2nd post... I'd meant to edit my original post, not quote and reply to it... you can delete this if you want heero]

Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User

edit: My specific suggestions for these trials would be: trial 4 should require fewer hex source dispells per room. It should be dropped from 4 to 3. Since there's 4 rooms, currently you need 16 diggers (who are all 100% on point) minimum. 12 would be much more forgiving. Trial 7's a bit tricky since we've not fully worked it out, but it should have a lower requirement on the number of players needed to stand on the rings. Right now it can say Outer Ring > Inner Ring > Central Ring > 6 players, which sounds like you'd need a minimum of 24 players (7+8+9 per ring) I think. It's just way too much, and making this change wouldn't make it "easier" for big factions, because they ignore the mechanics altogether.

[btw, sorry for the 2nd post... I'd meant to edit my original post, not quote and reply to it... you can delete this if you want heero]

Provided you have some clever people who are used to multi-clienting, trial 4 can be done with 4 people total. Whaaaat you say. Yuh man. I haven't seen it done before, but I've done the 1/4th part of it before as proof of concept. I'll explain how its done, then explain less hardcore versions up until the way it is normally done by guilds. You can pick the version that suits the # of players you are able to get and work from there.

Hardcore version: You have 4 players. each of the 4 players has 3 clients logged. Those 3 characters would ideally consist of: 1) healer, 2) physical dps, and 3) magic dps. You don't look at the healer client at all; you simply need to tab back and forth between your physical and magic dps.

a) stick all 3 characters into 1 room (so essentially, 1 room per person)
    b) make a nice healing macro for the healer. Put it into auto cultivation. This will tank the boss when the damage dealers leave room to deliver the crystals. Both cleric or mystic have good options for this.
    c) when crystals spawn, dig a crystal each on physical dd and magic dd. You only need to check one character to see which room they are going to, because they will 100% be going to same room.
    d) move those 2 characters to the required room and use crystal on hex. USE HOLY PATH on BOTH.
    e) in this new room, have each of the 2 characters dig a crystal. On one of the characters, check which room you are going to. Pray that it isn't diagonal.
    f) move to this new room. USE HOLY PATH/speed apoth if necessary. (suggest: high vit genies for 3x holy path back to back)
    g) use crystal on hexes
    h) return to your original room where your cleric/mystic is auto cultivating away. Damage the boss.
    i) repeat until trial 4 is done.

Somewhat less hardcore version: You have 8 players. 4 of those players have a 2nd client logged; this is the healer who auto cultivates away. If set properly, this client doesn't really need to be looked at. (Most damage in trial 4 is a % of your hp, so low-geared healers are fine as long as they deliver powerful enough heals.)

a) 2 people per room. One of those players has 2 clients; the healer + their damage dealer. Ideally you distribute people to end up with 1 physical and 1 magic dmg dealer per room.
    b) rest is same as above, except nobody has 2 characters running crystal. When it is just 1 character delivering 2 crystals, it is far easier to immediately run to the crystal, dig it, and use it on a hex. With practice most people can manage to deliver 2 crystals with 1 character. Again, use a genie with lots of vit to get the 3x back-to-back holy paths if necessary.

Normal version: 20 players = 20 characters. 5 characters per room. 1 stays behind to tank; the other 4 each deliver 1 crystal each and return to their room afterwards.

Easy mode: you have excessive # of players and you can have more than 4 people delivering crystals (just in case somebody derps and uses their crystal on same hex as somebody else) and still have people left over to stay in the starting room and damage boss.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• aradriel
    Hey Aeliah - yeah you're right, it certainly could be done that way. Ultimately we were only able to beat it because a couple of our members were able to dual client dig/run and carry us through the trial to make up for missing numbers. I guess the same principle could be applied to trial 7? But tbh we're not sure how that mechanic plays out through the HP of the boss.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    I might be minority with my opinion but I think guilds shouldnt be able to do them trials if they cant pull 30-35 ppl least, cant really remember our lowest count of toons we did them with. While I understand it sucks for smaller guilds, making them any easier will just result them being a complete roflstomp content. Trial 1 change actually triggers ppl on larger guilds, its stupid, makes the trial take like 20mins? Hooraaah, smaller guilds can now complete it at the cost of factions of the size intended for trials holding each others dicks for majority of it.

Now I wouldnt be opposed to them making easy mode of trials with less rewards for smaller guilds but touching difficulty of the current mode is only going to make ppl less interested in them.
  • venosuck
    venosuck Posts: 2 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    I might be minority with my opinion but I think guilds shouldnt be able to do them trials if they cant pull 30-35 ppl least, cant really remember our lowest count of toons we did them with. While I understand it sucks for smaller guilds, making them any easier will just result them being a complete roflstomp content. Trial 1 change actually triggers ppl on larger guilds, its stupid, makes the trial take like 20mins? Hooraaah, smaller guilds can now complete it at the cost of factions of the size intended for trials holding each others dicks for majority of it.

Now I wouldnt be opposed to them making easy mode of trials with less rewards for smaller guilds but touching difficulty of the current mode is only going to make ppl less interested in them.

See the problem with your logic is this:
    Larger guilds prosper at the cap of 200 members.
    Lesser guilds and up coming players (the biggest benifiters of trials ) cant get the things they need to become stronger. The larger guild wont let them in due to number cap or gear minimums (typically spirit now) The problem is, the rich and strong shouldn't be the ONLY ones getting stronger. Bigger factions already ROFLSTOMP the trials while the players busting their asses to get through it and building up their toons get a nice giant smack to the face. The trials DO need to be lowered. All well if you larger factions happen to have to sit there with a circle jerk for 20 mins. Is YOUR time worth more than mine? You nuke it, im actually sitting there dealing with mechanics, i think the LEAST you can do is sip some coffee while your faction steam rolls it. I find that EVERY event in the game is subject to the BIG factions and ONLY them.
    Trials = large factions
    Money event 600m = biggest faction
    Thursday Night Fights = Biggest faction wins
    TT key event = Biggest faction gets the boss
    TW = largest 3 factions ( though this is NEEDED for the function of this event, its another to the lsit.)

May the strong get stronger and the weak remain weak because the self centered **** holes of the game cant stand a 20 minute wait timer when they can cash their **** off to victory!!!
  • datsang
    venosuck wrote: »

See the problem with your logic is this:
    Larger guilds prosper at the cap of 200 members.
    Lesser guilds and up coming players (the biggest benifiters of trials ) cant get the things they need to become stronger. The larger guild wont let them in due to number cap or gear minimums (typically spirit now) The problem is, the rich and strong shouldn't be the ONLY ones getting stronger. Bigger factions already ROFLSTOMP the trials while the players busting their asses to get through it and building up their toons get a nice giant smack to the face. The trials DO need to be lowered. All well if you larger factions happen to have to sit there with a circle jerk for 20 mins. Is YOUR time worth more than mine? You nuke it, im actually sitting there dealing with mechanics, i think the LEAST you can do is sip some coffee while your faction steam rolls it. I find that EVERY event in the game is subject to the BIG factions and ONLY them.
    Trials = large factions
    Money event 600m = biggest faction
    Thursday Night Fights = Biggest faction wins
    TT key event = Biggest faction gets the boss
    TW = largest 3 factions ( though this is NEEDED for the function of this event, its another to the lsit.)

May the strong get stronger and the weak remain weak because the self centered **** holes of the game cant stand a 20 minute wait timer when they can cash their **** off to victory!!!

Lol. I said they should make easy mode for trials for smaller guilds but touching the difficulty of current trials is just stupid. If you make trials easy enough for 20 ppl with subpar gear being able to finish them, they might as well put the rewards in login rewards. Trials are supposed to be a challenge. not something everybody who happens to want the rewards can get with no real effort.

But like I said, I am prolly on minority with that line of thought - Thank god there are communities, where ppl expect to work for their rewards.
  • aradriel
    Lol. I said they should make easy mode for trials for smaller guilds but touching the difficulty of current trials is just stupid. If you make trials easy enough for 20 ppl with subpar gear being able to finish them, they might as well put the rewards in login rewards. Trials are supposed to be a challenge. not something everybody who happens to want the rewards can get with no real effort.

Just to be clear, I was never talking about making the trials "easy." Our faction has put tons of effort into them over the past year, and we've only hit major roadblocks at 4 and 7. We enjoy the challenge of trials as they are. All I'd advocate for is MINOR tweaks of the numbers "gating" aspect of these two, simply requiring one less player per room in 4, and less in 7. Changes to trial 7 mechanics would make zero difference to large factions, since they 100% ignore mechanics there. I'm surprised anyone would argue against something like that.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
  • datsang

Just to be clear, I was never talking about making the trials "easy." Our faction has put tons of effort into them over the past year, and we've only hit major roadblocks at 4 and 7. We enjoy the challenge of trials as they are. All I'd advocate for is MINOR tweaks of the numbers "gating" aspect of these two, simply requiring one less player per room in 4, and less in 7. Changes to trial 7 mechanics would make zero difference to large factions, since they 100% ignore mechanics there. I'm surprised anyone would argue against something like that.

The response you quoted wasnt directed at you, was it?

Changing mechs in 7 I dont care bout, its a complete joke for larger factions and if thats a roadblock due numbers, I dont care if it gets changed. But the comment I replied to seems to be advocating making trials easier in general, which I`m against. Trial 1 change was completely stupid imo, it was easy as it was before the change. But I can promise you trials 8, even 9 and certainly 10 will be extremely difficult if you try to run them with 20 ppl or so. So idk how much good even changing thhe 7 would do for you even if I`m not against changing it.
  • aradriel
    No, you're right it definitely wasn't aimed at me - I just didn't want the discussion on trials changes to veer into something unrealistic and way off what I was originally proposing, that's all.

I realize 8+ is very difficult. The reason why I bring up 7 in such a way is that it really is a hard roadblock requiring major numbers - and of course 7 is where we would be able to start to earn tempers as a faction. This is what we've been slowly working toward as a faction for a year, and this is the point that costs us members to the larger factions who can complete this content with relative ease. I would love to see these mechanics looked at a bit so midsize factions (20-25 at trials) can get tempers as well without having to leave communities we love.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard