NEW SKILS WITH GLITHES MARCH 2019

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    A ton of ppl who quit veno will return to it as well as buy venos and many who rerolled from archers and other classes to db will return to those classes or quit.

You exaggerate the greatness, but it doesn't matter. Have you seen what they did with immune? Whoever wants to return to veno, will be unpleasantly surprised monkey-2.gif

As for ironwood, it stays appoximately the same danger wise, the only issue is that all venos will have it, not only stubborn old school ones pig-47.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    A ton of ppl who quit veno will return to it as well as buy venos and many who rerolled from archers and other classes to db will return to those classes or quit.

You exaggerate the greatness, but it doesn't matter. Have you seen what they did with immune? Whoever wants to return to veno, will be unpleasantly surprised monkey-2.gif

As for ironwood, it stays appoximately the same danger wise, the only issue is that all venos will have it, not only stubborn old school ones pig-47.gif

​​

Actually know 3 dusk with 80 defense weapons who already said they give up on it and are working on farming for another class. If people who committed that much to it are giving up it wouldn’t surprise me if others do too but we shall see if they follow though right.

But that’s precisely the issue a near max gear toon instantly dying when they invest so much to defense it’s kinda insane and feels like defense is kinda pointless. I’m not saying I agree I can just see where people coming from.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • joeseiner
    joeseiner Posts: 9 Arc User
    skarthos wrote: »
    Update on numbers for duskblade skills

Divine Moonlight
    Range 20m
    Mana 100
    Channel 0.1 sec
    Cast 0.5 sec
    Cooldown 30 sec
    Cost 10 chi
    Earth dmg slight --> little?
    Yellow: Increase 40/60/80/100% weapon dmg as earth dmg
    Green: Increase distance by 2/3/4/5m
    Blue: 50% chance to trigger (斩鬼神)effect, deals additional 80/120/160/200% weapon dmg as earth dmg
    Red: Gain 5/10/15/20 chi
    White: In reaper form, range increase by 4/6/8/10 m

Umbral Stalker
    Self sealed --> Can not use skills, attacks, genie skills
    CD 120sec --> 300sec

Strength of Reapers
    Duration 30sec --> 10sec

Moon Chant
    Crit dmg reduction 45% --> 30%
    Dmg to non player targets 15% --> 20%
    Can be purged

Blood of the Nightshade
    Inverse of the current formula for dmg reduction calculation, the shorter the distance the more dmg reduced.

Annular Eclipse
    # of Cd on skills 2 --> 1

Slash of Pride
    Disarming effect removed
    White: In reaper form, target is disarmed for 6/7/8/9 sec ---> 1/2/3/4 sec

Relentless Drift
    Stun --> (Freeze or Frozen, likely Frozen as it just says immobilized)
    White: Paralyze --> Stun

Blinking Moment
    Gain 10 chi --> Cost 50 chi
    Red: Gain 15/20/25/30 chi --> 5/10/15/20 chi

That's not bad. They finally took the time to rework all that stuff? DBs can finally be countered by kiting away with anti-stun. Praise the Heavens, Praise the Sun! Those skill-less noobs will finally have to use their brains. A general fix to how paralyze works would have been good too, but this is not bad.

Also cutting off a bit of survival power is nice! They have way too overly tanky for being LA anyways. Finally DB will require Skill again and not just gear.
  • blazerboy
    skarthos wrote: »
    @blazerboy

Heres the one for sbs

Climate Shift
    Exchange ice and thunder charges. Chi gain 5
    Yellow: All charges change to thunder. Cooldown 45/40/35/30 sec
    Green: Gain 10/15/20/25 chi
    Blue: All charges change to ice. Cooldown 45/40/35/30 sec
    Red: If 3 thunder charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi
    White: If 3 ice charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi

I believe there’s some sort of error. For demon/sage climate shift the cooldown is 30 seconds. Does the patch show the cooldown? Because why would yellow stay reduce cd to 30 seconds at lvl10 if it’s already this way. It’s basicall a sage version at lvl10? What the hell? Lol
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    [...]I believe there’s some sort of error. For demon/sage climate shift the cooldown is 30 seconds. Does the patch show the cooldown? Because why would yellow stay reduce cd to 30 seconds at lvl10 if it’s already this way. It’s basicall a sage version at lvl10? What the hell? Lol

It's like Sanguine Mighty Swing for barbs - the effect is more powerful, but the cooldown is increased. You reduce the cooldown by equipping glyphs of higher level.
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    well at least now dbs can facetank sins and barbs and get no damage from them
  • yoabu#2667
    That change to DBs might actually be a good move. Barbs are running rampant, one shotting even HAs with similar gears. Perhaps DBs will have a way to counter them. Other than their !@#!%$!@#!@# CC-lock.
  • blazerboy
    yoabu#2667 wrote: »
    That change to DBs might actually be a good move. Barbs are running rampant, one shotting even HAs with similar gears. Perhaps DBs will have a way to counter them. Other than their !@#!%$!@#!@# CC-lock.

Most arcanes can stop barba now with very little issue after faith down so eh. Faith main issue is in xtw.

[...]I believe there’s some sort of error. For demon/sage climate shift the cooldown is 30 seconds. Does the patch show the cooldown? Because why would yellow stay reduce cd to 30 seconds at lvl10 if it’s already this way. It’s basicall a sage version at lvl10? What the hell? Lol

It's like Sanguine Mighty Swing for barbs - the effect is more powerful, but the cooldown is increased. You reduce the cooldown by equipping glyphs of higher level.

This literally doesn’t add up though. The skill doesn’t change at all but requires level 10 to get the non neverfall version? Absolutely rediculous by that logic if you’re sage you don’t get it at all because you’re increasing your cooldown for no benefit and demon is pointless because you’re increasing cooldown by 30 seconds for the promise of what it doesn’t cost chi? It cost 30 chi in demon. Even if you get a level 8 white than you’re increasing the cooldown by 30 seconds for a 40 chi gain? Ok maybe if it was a 150 spark gain but doubling the cooldown for either no gain (sage) with a level 10 yellow which is expensive or a gain of 40-50 chi via a lvl8 or 10 forchi and must give up another glyphed skill seems like the don’t even intend you to get this. See what I mean? It literallly is more of a loss for both demon and sage if anything lol. I hope it’s a translation error

• yoabu#2667
    [...]This literally doesn’t add up though. The skill doesn’t change at all but requires level 10 to get the non neverfall version? [...]
    The skill does change. The basic version exchanges ice and thunder charges - if you have 2 ice and 1 thunder and use it, you end up with 2 thunder and 1 ice. With yellow glyph, you end up with 3 thunder. With blue glyph, you end up with 3 ice. I guess it makes pulling off combos that require either 3 thunder or 3 ice easier as you can use whatever skills you want and pull off the combo instantly.

DISCLAIMER: I don't play SBand I based all of this on reading skill descriptions in this thread and on PWI Wiki.

• starfall#4900
    starfall#4900 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This guy from tideswell asked me to post this here... Thanks HeartBleed for ur time investment into this. https://beta.ohmydays.net/2019/03/06/newskills/

Mystics: Red Glyph on "Gaia's Blessing" will grant allies within 20 meters immunity to Purge/Spirit Blackhole for 15/20/25/30 seconds?????

If this is right then the next question here is will this be like the SB's anti-purge buff that blocks 1 purge attempt or will it be a continuous anti-purge for the glyph lvl's time duration?
  • kitty#6747
    kitty#6747 Posts: 1 Arc User
    @blazerboy there's only a ? Where the cd is for climate shift
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Actually know 3 dusk with 80 defense weapons who already said they give up on it and are working on farming for another class. If people who committed that much to it are giving up it wouldn’t surprise me if others do too but we shall see if they follow though right.

But that’s precisely the issue a near max gear toon instantly dying when they invest so much to defense it’s kinda insane and feels like defense is kinda pointless. I’m not saying I agree I can just see where people coming from.

If they want to jump to another calss, veno is not the best decision. While ppl are trembling before veno's ironwood with 2min cd (which only debuffs but doesn't kill yet), another class deals deadly hit to the target with 40% or less hp with 30 sec cd (ignoring buffs, turtles etc). What to choose? :smiley:
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User

​​

I think we have roughly half of our DBs intending to re-roll. Rest are considering going defense shards, we were outlier server in having them offense sharded anyways but yea.

I think DBs needed nerf but they do seem pretty gutted with the update. The disarm was broken imo but if they are removing it from DBs, should do the same for BMs. The inconsistency is what bothers me with this update.

Ps. I heard ppl love our BMs, glad to announce most of those DBs rerolling are going for BMs, enjoy.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Comparing DB kit to a BM's ridiculous. DB are so beyond broken in their kit that all these changes only start to bring them in line with other classes. So, you cant smash your face on the keyboard as a DB and then successfully lock / kill / escape from everything any longer. The class will be fine: it will just require a small modicum of thought to play--unlike now where you can mindlessly use a macro.
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2019
    datsang wrote: »

​​

I think we have roughly half of our DBs intending to re-roll. Rest are considering going defense shards, we were outlier server in having them offense sharded anyways but yea.

I think DBs needed nerf but they do seem pretty gutted with the update. The disarm was broken imo but if they are removing it from DBs, should do the same for BMs. The inconsistency is what bothers me with this update.

Ps. I heard ppl love our BMs, glad to announce most of those DBs rerolling are going for BMs, enjoy.

At the end of the day I think more ppl are more upset they nerf db to the floor but once again NOTHING IS DONT ABOUT SINS. Atleast reduce their ulti to 10 seconds SOMETHING nah what 3 glyph updates and each one more damage? “Tidal got increase by 30 seconds” I keep hearing. Umbral stalker 90 sec cd then 120 now 300 and you have the nerf to complain sins are funny as hell XD. I’m really sad bms getting more damage but hopefully more atk dbs so they are easier to deal with

I really agree they should have removed disarm from bms as well but hey what do we know
    Post edited by blazerboy on
  • happyhail
    Yeah... no. Disarm is one of the few things that a BM has going for it. Removing it would be horrible at this point. AoE disarm is about the only useful thing that a BM can do effectively that no other class can't do better. As for the "damage bonus?" Lol really? If I read those skills right, and if the translations are accurate, BM is getting a slight boost to metal damage on two skills that are sword / pole-arm / fist based. Who cares? How many BMs actually have swords and pole-arms and fists that are are damage-based, not rank 8 defensive weapons, and actually refined? Do you really think that we're suddenly going to see a proliferation of g17 third cast swords and polearms and fists with zerk just to take advantage of a small metal boost on two skills?
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Umbrella stalker

d76d8df2bd924523e52bfec264c718a2.jpg
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • datsang
    happyhail wrote: »
    Yeah... no. Disarm is one of the few things that a BM has going for it. Removing it would be horrible at this point. AoE disarm is about the only useful thing that a BM can do effectively that no other class can't do better. As for the "damage bonus?" Lol really? If I read those skills right, and if the translations are accurate, BM is getting a slight boost to metal damage on two skills that are sword / pole-arm / fist based. Who cares? How many BMs actually have swords and pole-arms and fists that are are damage-based, not rank 8 defensive weapons, and actually refined? Do you really think that we're suddenly going to see a proliferation of g17 third cast swords and polearms and fists with zerk just to take advantage of a small metal boost on two skills?

A friend of mine said it pretty well, "Any bm that ever complains again might as well go uninstall

Bc it takes one helluva dorkobrain to not realize they’re broken"

Now with the coming update you get metal dmg so no more getting cockblocked by expel. 20m para. On top of casually hitting LAs for 50k BMs already doing w/o this update. Roar is just broken, even if you avoid stun you cant do anything cause you are disarmed. M.Marrow makes BM extremely tanky even against magical dmg and endgame BMs are roughly capped at both defenses. Only class, which might actually deal with BMs somewhat I feel like is seeker but even thats gonna be one difficult match to land a kill on.
  • blazerboy
    zentfamily wrote: »
    Umbrella stalker

d76d8df2bd924523e52bfec264c718a2.jpg

LMFAO! Nice caught me with my pants down 😂
  • blazerboy

A friend of mine said it pretty well, "Any bm that ever complains again might as well go uninstall

Now with the coming update you get metal dmg so no more getting cockblocked by expel. 20m para. On top of casually hitting LAs for 50k BMs already doing w/o this update. Roar is just broken, even if you avoid stun you cant do anything cause you are disarmed. M.Marrow makes BM extremely tanky even against magical dmg and endgame BMs are roughly capped at both defenses. Only class, which might actually deal with BMs somewhat I feel like is seeker but even thats gonna be one difficult match to land a kill on.

No offense but the max gear bm on our server hits the max gear seeker 40k+ lol no sir you are incorrect bms are erasing us all like sins lol
  • datsang
    edited March 2019

No offense but the max gear bm on our server hits the max gear seeker 40k+ lol no sir you are incorrect bms are erasing us all like sins lol

Well that 50k comment was just from somebody in guild. Pretty sure they said that was w/o HF as in casual 50k on LAs. But I`m too lazy to go to check logs on what exactly the basis for that statement were. I think the point stands the dmg BMs deal is completely bonkers.

Edit: And meh, I was thhinking seeker might have the defenses not to get 1shot and in turn have a shot killing the BM back. Never got my seeker up, got bored so I dont have real hands on experience with that match up.
  • happyhail
    You guys are talking about a full second rebirth Nuema Portal BM with fifth cast g17, full devil stones, and a dedicated attack chart. Right?

And think that's representative of the class as a whole?

lol. Wow.

I'll say this again since you both seemed to skip over it: No one has alternate weapons dedicated to damage. Maybe the single person you're using as representative of the entire class and every other BM in the game. I don't know what he has: I haven't asked. But there's no way that two skills which use an unknown amount of metal damage are suddenly going to make the class OP.

• blazerboy
    edited March 2019
    You guys are talking about a full second rebirth Nuema Portal BM with fifth cast g17, full devil stones, and a dedicated attack chart. Right?

lol. Wow.

I'll say this again since you both seemed to skip over it: No one has alternate weapons dedicated to damage. Maybe the single person you're using as representative of the entire class and every other BM in the game. I don't know what he has: I haven't asked. But there's no way that two skills which use an unknown amount of metal damage are suddenly going to make the class OP.

It’s a representation of max toon vs max toon it’s not indicative of the whole class but it’s an example of the potential of geared bm vs geared seeker bm still has a good shot of success. I believe we can all agree there. Also at the rate they are increasing bm raw damage I’m sure it will correlate to how they have treated sins in the past couple updates going big since bms are perky the new poster child. Even just non rb deity np bms are hitting some good index nowadays not just the max ones. Though they aren’t too tanky an 80 def wep or multi 3rd weapon can help circumvent such issues. Which yes it’s true it’s not a representation as a whole but having options like that does give the class sizeable potential.

Well that 50k comment was just from somebody in guild. Pretty sure they said that was w/o HF as in casual 50k on LAs. But I`m too lazy to go to check logs on what exactly the basis for that statement were. I think the point stands the dmg BMs deal is completely bonkers.

Edit: And meh, I was thhinking seeker might have the defenses not to get 1shot and in turn have a shot killing the BM back. Never got my seeker up, got bored so I dont have real hands on experience with that match up.

There’s one bm who roams about from ET with Tisaster he’s not max clearly but his damage indexes I’ve taken were pretty above average so I definitely believe LA taking damages like that are totally possible

• datsang
    edited March 2019

lol. Wow.

Yea, the casual 50ks on LAs are from a serenity BM w/o dedicated offensive chart as far as I know. You dont need to be maxed in offense to deal ludicrous dmg as a BM.

Dragon rising will be 20 meters para trough metal dmg. The point is, you cant expel the para any longer, you can kinda expel most of the following dmg but you will be locked trough expel. You will have to AD or HoS(/Faith), though HoS will leave you open for all the other shenanigans a BM can pull. Thats a massive buff for the class but sure, its not gonna kill ppl with hthe metal dmg. King Kong is a new, strong, survival. Not like BMs needed more. And red glyphs are all BM needs to deal dmg to actually spike ppl down.

The class is getting stronger and stronger with each update. If you cant see it, you are just a dorkobrain I`m wasting my time in talking to.

Edit:

There’s one bm who roams about from ET with Tisaster he’s not max clearly but his damage indexes I’ve taken were pretty above average so I definitely believe LA taking damages like that are totally possible

Lul blady. The kid isnt completely horrible and he wouldnt have trouble getting into guilds if he had somewhat tolerable personality. He is like Joe meet puberty meet toxic wasteland. But honestly speaking, he isnt even scary compared to some Et BMs. I`d be more terrified of the NP BMs we got roaming, think last NP promo added one or two in guild.

But he isnt **** geared either, iirc +12 jades, 20 aptitude and no idea on cards. I could be wrong, I try to keep my distance on ppl who have nothing else in their life than talk trash over this game.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Barbs are absolutely terrible right now. You can't look at their faith skill and be like ''this is what barbs are like now''. That skill has a 20% uptime, and yes, during this 20% they are very potent, but the other 80% of the time they are also barbs, and they are completely useless. Same reason why I don't get that sins are considered super OP, yes, during tidal they are busted as fk, without tidal they are trash. Borrowed time mechanics are stupid as fk cuz its not interactive and it feels very boring to play against, but dont judge a class based on ONLY their powerlevel during the borrowed time, but also judge them on their powerlevel afterwards.

Saying barbs are running rampant is like these people that wanna duel for a ''damage test'' and then blow all their chi/genie/apo/ulti to get the highest number they can possible get on you and then be like ''look how strong I am''. No one can actually be that stupid to think it's worth blowing so many resources on overkilling a single target in a real scenario. If a class is Arma -> AFK for 5 minutes then its not a strong class :wink:

• happyhail
    Are you talking about a fully-geared BM hitting HH99 LA classes?

Or does my BM just naturally deal 1/5th the damage of every other BM in the game and I'm just now finding out about it?

If a purged target were to stand still with no saves and let me run a full combo I might hit it. Against equally-geared LA classes in actual pvp? Nope. Not even close. So, one of two things: My BM naturally does 1/5th the damage of every other BM in the game or BM does not casually deal 50K against LA. Please explain to me which of these scenarios you're actually talking about.

• datsang

Or does my BM just naturally deal 1/5th the damage of every other BM in the game and I'm just now finding out about it?

If a purged target were to stand still with no saves and let me run a full combo I might hit it. Against equally-geared LA classes in actual pvp? Nope. Not even close. So, one of two things: My BM naturally does 1/5th the damage of every other BM in the game or BM does not casually deal 50K against LA. Please explain to me which of these scenarios you're actually talking about.

Idk, is R9+12 full RA2 Morai set, 20 aptitude considered HH99? Sure my gear has not been upgraded in bout a year or two but short of NP and +3 shards it used to be pretty high up in there. I have not actually tested recently what some of my friends on BMs would hit me nowdays but I remember getting 1shot by a guildie with like jades and 15 aptitude chart and maybe RA1 Morai set. Granted me at NW pot was only ~35k hp. This was before red glyphs meet paramount meta.
  • happyhail
    There's a huge difference between "I stood there unbuffed, never used genie, never used a pot, and let someone damage test on me, and he used every combo in the book for max damage" and "An equally-geared class hits a fully-buffed target for 50k one out of three times in an actual combat situation while spamming normal skills." "Casually hits 50K" implies the latter.
  • datsang
    There's a huge difference between "I stood there unbuffed, never used genie, never used a pot, and let someone damage test on me, and he used every combo in the book for max damage" and "An equally-geared class hits a fully-buffed target for 50k one out of three times in an actual combat situation while spamming normal skills." "Casually hits 50K" implies the latter.

Who said it was dmg test in which the guildie 1shot me? I didnt quite expect to get popped like that but it was a 1vs1. Archer vs BM 1vs1 has gone, to me personally least, going 5-10mins at it with slight chance of landing a kill but usually dying to some ZC chains to getting 1shot nowdays with no real chance of winning. Well I should say, w/o GoF bow that is. I have toyed enough with other servers to say archer gets a massive boost in power with GoF bow. Not that its gonna matter much soon if BMs just keep getting more ways to lock ppl down to 1shot them with red glyphs.

• blazerboy

At this point I’m good to agree to disagree. Maybe attack bms (it’s becoming slowly more popular lately) are getting good zcs and maybe ulti helps so your experience must be different. In my experience quite a bit of bms have been hitting 15-20ks which I normally would expect that from a sin or archer but now I’m coming to expect it from bms too. Who knows maybe it’s lucky hits w/e the case bms are bridging that gap with sins in damage due to true damage skill implements.

Who said it was dmg test in which the guildie 1shot me? I didnt quite expect to get popped like that but it was a 1vs1. Archer vs BM 1vs1 has gone, to me personally least, going 5-10mins at it with slight chance of landing a kill but usually dying to some ZC chains to getting 1shot nowdays with no real chance of winning. Well I should say, w/o GoF bow that is. I have toyed enough with other servers to say archer gets a massive boost in power with GoF bow. Not that its gonna matter much soon if BMs just keep getting more ways to lock ppl down to 1shot them with red glyphs.

Archer is one of those classes you NEED a pretty sizeable budget to really be making a difference unlike certain classes with current meta. GoF on archers is pretty much a must now imo anways.