NEW SKILS WITH GLITHES MARCH 2019

Comments

• souljaboy776
    souljaboy776 Posts: 2 Arc User
    They really need to fix dbs nerfs this isn’t at all fair, the umbral stalker cd is the same as an ulti and our ulti is only 10 seconds long ?.... we don’t have condensed thorn like assasins or tidal or even the damage like a sin to really fight a heavy class the disarm was essential to dealing necessary damage to finish off heavy classes we have a charge stun that last 2 seconds that’s rediculous and yet Venos get 100% 0 pdef with a fast cd any veno can pull off a kill with their own 0 pdef skill and everyone knows venos can do 0 pdef so to assist target off them will be simple. It seems all these changes are to compliment the new classes coming out if they need such a crutch they shouldn’t have been made in the first place ... gg Pwi
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    fury85 wrote: »
    [...] Barbs are good enough with glyphs. I actually have no space for all the skills i want with glyphs, if penetrate add more debuff nothing will change since we already don't use green Stomp that add more debuff.

It's good though! Having more good skills to glyph than you can fit makes your decisions meaningful.

I'd like to see some of the power of Golden VT and Cornered Faith shifted to other skills.
  • peterprus
    peterprus Posts: 8 Arc User
    I say hold your horses. The translations are sometimes really bad. The skill says they are recalculating the range dmg reduction buff, not reversing or removing. Currently the dmg reduction on the passive is around 67%. If they nerf it down to lets say 30-40% still not going to get one shot ore massively destroyed by ranged classes. They will be a little squishier than before but don't get your hopes up of them reversing it completely. That is just wishful thinking on ranged classes side.

The reduction on our ulti is understandable as currently even an end game Psy with G17R5 +12 wep hits a DB on max range with ulti for about 200-300 dmg which is way too OP so a little nerf there won't really matter.

What I am more upset about, is the removal of the disarm. Let's see if the glyphed version still offers the disarm on reaper. But that was our one skill in mass pvp to make several psys and sins useless for a few secs. There was no need to remove this as other classes like bms can still do it.

But like I said wait for the English version to come out. I remember when the last changes were implemented, people were saying that Night Howler was supposed to get nerfed when they actually made the skill more OP with giving us an AOE buff on top of the speed buff. So chill until the skills are actually implemented.
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    btw i am just saying that 3v3 arena it's going to become a joke with lvl8 crush vigor plus 100% 0def venos... it's already 2 granted kills right at start
  • elcopete94
    elcopete94 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Wizards skills translate(kinda?)

Essential sutra(can be glyphed)

Consume 2 sparks recovers 20% mana and remove channeling time for 6 sec
    Gold:cost 3 sparks, increase time effect 6 sec and makes BT,MS and BIDS cost no chi
    Green: more time effect i think?
    blue:no clue, something about not removing channel time and giving something, maybe chi?
    red: heals after cast
    argent:"increases immunity action limits" anti stun or immunity?

Magical overload(ulti)
    reworked from 50% more damage 50% damage taken to 50% more damage 30% damage taken(they change the selfbuff subsea from sage to demon XD)

True ice shield?(elemental shell and ice prison combined become a new shield)
    Consume all the true value for 10 sec(all chi?) at the first 5 seconds seal itself and is invincible. During the shield, it is hurt. When the shield disappears the enemy within 12 meters is frozen for 4 sec and the enemy is Damaged by 130%

• weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Dbs you guys keep forgetting up close in range are weak to locking just like everbody else is .....yeah you cant stand back and nuke like everthing else so you get up close and do it

But also if a Db galemark is blocked then they cant spam in reaper form either negating almost all their skills as options

I'm a seeker and we have generally the worst ability at locking anything (which is why gravelstun should be para instead, the cd is around what barbs get for a cd yet we have to hit 2 skills or a spark to stun) (Because science and complications apparently

But db can be locked with less an issue up close ......you can't bank on that with a tidal that sins have...ask yourself ....why does it take on average 10+ skills on average dropped, just to proc 1 skill debuff vs a class that with a combo of multi stealths, insta kill regulatory, and power ups on every single expansion?

Is that just dumbluck sins avoided windblade/northern sky debuff, charm debuff+hf pot+fortify+qpq+edged blur(back to windblade because its off cd and you)have to apply it because it missed before) +disarm combo+stun+summon angels and use stun +immobilize heartseeker transposition combo?

That combo can be performed in under 10 seconds right?.....with blade affinity.....

Did ya see that list? Because a sins tidal can and will eat that 60% of the time

I have 50% crit rate on my seeker and I rarely miss crits

That means a Sin Rarely gets debuffed at ALL

Now add s5 untarget and purge on them.....

Not to mentioned they are one of only classes to actually benefit from s4 upgrade g17 because of aps

Yeah there is a few classes with slower chan then mine that have issues with Sin because they cannot penetrate they defense because they have to debuff too

But they at least have saves

Seeker has 0 saves

The utility we lack is CC and anti CC

Idky we always get damage upgrades or ones that actually break our debuffing ability because we need both and no other class gets treated like that

And that's of a much slower rate than any sin has attack options, disables, or ability to pop to stealth, stun teleports, infinite chi(then add paramount 2 spark chi gain) and the passive ability to straight dodge attack debuffs

People complain about Barb faith which yes is stupidly broken and annoying but barb dont have teleports, alot of barbs are useless without arma combo, because thats just how they gear, only to arma...

But Barbs defense is still weak to damage and they can just be killed during faith mode, you can tell when a barb knows hes taking to much because they will kite to africa and away from you

I still find the faith they get fair.

Because they are not unnaturally tanky on top of faith in this mode and a couple of skills still get through their faith

People like to use the barbs faith vs tidal arguments but there isn't one in favor for the barb and they cannot use stealth time like sins (which makes you invincible if you cant attack them in stealth)

What seeker needs is para on parchblade dance or gravel blade(we already have to use 1 skill to activate stuns)

And some ignore all cc at least on our ulti (this means you too disarm)
    (We cant cast any skill while disarmed so seeker is effectively useless they could at least fix that)

Other physical classes get to smash their face against a keyboard and do an infinate stun combo(cept archers but now they wont be nerfed on range as much so SEE ? They are working to at least solve archer issues)

Archer technically only needs 1 stun because they are shotting you from range so idc if its para or not

That leaves seeker with no updates since the classes existence that did not give us utility .....the game is revolving around infinate stunlocks, getting 1 shot combos off(venos will only add to it) hiding in plain sight (untarget) and our "tanking" other classes do it better and with skills without the need of use of their genie

(Other classes have pots, genie, as well as skills+antistuns purify ect....they may not all be equal but at least its somthing)

Seekers are still trying to tank with gear ....yeah how long does that last even with max endgame serenity gears?(Bm, Barb tank better anyways and also have defensive skills or stuns to get them out of a problem)

Even La has defensive skills

(And some can tank damage better than an Ha)
    And now mages(though some classes a lesser extent)

If you are debuffed and comboed it's bascially you die now a days

If you get stunlocked infinitely then you die(or dont die) thats still a loss

You can just go make sandwhich in the kitchen at that point because a bm or whatever is locking you endlessly doesn't matter how many def lvs you have

Thats still a loss if you cannot break a lock to help your team or do anything

And def lvs at this point.....are less comparable to spirit, which is attack and def lvs , def lv debuff is our ONLY debuff since we dont poison or whatever have you

So again whats the point of seeker when we have nothing we excell at nothing and other classes specialize in nigh everything?

This update is obvious that devs know 0 about seeker....and also dont care .
    Vae Victis.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    weapon762 wrote: »
    So again whats the point of seeker when we have nothing we excell at nothing and other classes specialize in nigh everything?

This update is obvious that devs know 0 about seeker....and also dont care .

Seekers are probably the hardest class to kill if they have a clue of what they are doing. They got ridiculous dmg on top of those defenses. They got likely the strongest debuff in game. They lack CC but giving them something like para, all they`d need to do to kill ppl is burn AD from genie, para, edge blur and watch ppl die. Seeker dmg is comparable to sin dmg, if they had no downsides they`d be beyond broken.

Seeker is one of the strongest classes in game currently.
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    Do we know when this will come to our servers? This spring? This fall during our traditional major content update, or some other time? So 1 month, 3 months 6 months, a year?
  • funnymanha
    funnymanha Posts: 10 Arc User
    I say archer is weakest. Archers need more skill or something if you going complain about seeker being weak...
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    geochris wrote: »
    Do we know when this will come to our servers? This spring? This fall during our traditional major content update, or some other time? So 1 month, 3 months 6 months, a year?

The TT 4-1 content update hit PWCN on 2018-08-21 and hit PWI on 2019-01-09, 4 months and 19 days later.

The new classes were released in PWCN on 2018-10-31 so if the pattern holds we are scheduled to get that on 2019-03-19, pretty soon.

This class balance stuff was released in PWCN on 2019-03-05 so is scheduled to arrive here on 2019-07-24
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    ...seeker crying, dbs crying...holy moly. You dont see all the other classes crying despite psy, archer and wizard still being massively weaker than all the other classes and lightyears away from a DB, Seeker, Barb, BM and sin.

Seriously. Dbs will still be broken and just as tanky as before, seeker are broken anyways due to the reason mentioned before. Sure, being able to tank 5+ endgame ppl at the same time..damn, poor dbs and seeker, so weak. So god damn weak. How about revamping ulti to 5 min immunity with a 3 min CD? Does that sound better? LA is supposed to die when ganked...heck any class dies when ganked by CC and Debuffs.

Seeker no saves? What the actual...Blade Affinity sure as hell is a very decent save and gets you out of most situations, same as transposition and you know, you could also use Voidstep to jump out of harms way..and you can even reset that...qpq can also save you if used right..but how can you expect to use it for def? Amirite?

I said it before and I say it again because ppl are being ridiculous again. Play all classes, literally ALL CLASSES competitively. If you then still feel that your broken class needs more BS to make them even easier and broken, sure, speak up friend. Otherwise keep your uneducated nonsense opinions to yourself. I swear. Ppl are so friggin biased...it is just stupid. Think about what you currently have, what strengths your class has and compare it to the others and dont be like: oh!! There is 1 out of 12 classes that seems better than mine so mine needs to be even better! Balancing much?
  • elayn
    elayn Posts: 7 Arc User
    Veno+bm in 3v3 area going be broken lol 0pdef everyone and bm cc/kill them
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    The veno change I consider a downgrade. A slight downgrade but a downgrade.

Chi management:

If your goal is to get an iw proc, with the new green glyph, you need to reserve 2 sparks. This new iw can be done every 2 minutes. With the old iw, the chance is 20%, the cd is 8s (lets say you can get an ironwood attempt off once every 10s), and so on average if you are trying frequently, you'll get an iw on average once every 5 tries, so sometimes within the first minute of fighting, if you try every time for the iw proc, you'll on average get an ironwood proc, for a total chi cost of, on average, 1 spark. However, that isn't quite the whole story; with a guaranteed proc, 4 of the iw-proc attempts aren't necessary; they could be venomous scarabs (25 chi each, lets say) instead, so thats 1 spark gained. So in terms of chi-management, they are about the same.

Outcome: similar before and after

Ironwood procs/time

As mentioned above, on average 1 iw proc per minute if attempts are made at every opportunity, which means around 2 procs per 2 minutes on average, if all opportunities are taken. This is superior to 1 guaranteed proc every 2 minute. Now, I already know what you are thinking; but if you were to try constantly for iw procs for 2 minutes, you'd use a full 2 sparks of chi to get those 2 procs on average, and 9 of those could be venomous scarabs instead for a chi gain of 2.25 sparks. And yes---when you are attempting to get more than 1 iw proc per 2 minutes, the chi management is superior for new version. However it does not discount the fact that you can still get more iw procs on average with old demon iw.

Outcome: 6 of one, half a dozen of the other

Predictability:

New iw proc will be super predictable. Prior, there is always that moment of hesitation by both the veno casting it, and the person responding. Both of them are waiting to see if the debuff stuck or not. More often than not, it did not, but there was always that small hesitation. With the new proc, people will be expecting a guaranteed debuff. Venos will be pressing on arcane antimony following the ironwood proc. But also, enemies will be watching the veno and learning the animation of the initial channel of iw proc, and may, no, they will be reacting as or even before the debuff is cast. Thus, I would argue, that the new iw proc is more predictable, not less. The enemy only needs to react right once every 2 minutes, and is otherwise quite safe from it for the next couple of minutes. However, with the old proc, the enemy has to react correctly every single time. That is more times that they need to react correctly, on average, and is harder to pull off.

Outcome: benefit to demon ironwood

Luck:

The old demon iw is notorious among demon venos for being a fickle friend. It can fire off 4 times in 4 tries, or fail 30 straight times in a row. However, as much as bad luck for a veno sucks, when the good luck comes, boy does it change the outcome of a fight. I once had a fight with a seeker: first iw, he belief. Second, he apoth. Third... oh well he couldn't do anything that time he was all genied out. Game over. With the old demon iw, in small scale pvp, veno can use multiple times, and if luck plays its role, force the cds out of the enemy then commit their arcane antimony to the debuff they know the enemy can't get out of. With the new iw proc, there is no such possibility. When it procs, the enemy will know that this is 'the real thing' and that 'survive this, and get 2 min of relative safety'. So they can save their genir for it and be much safer than they would have been before, if luck rolled against them.

Outcome: advantage to demon iw

Opportunity cost:

The old demon iw is a fickle friend, but also a relatively cheap attempt: 20 chi. Not the end of the world either if you get the proc and the enemy does beat your reaction time: you can try again... and again... and again... and again. But with the new iw proc, the cost for attempting is high: 2 sparks, 2 min cd. Fail to get the kill, and thats a huge blow to your chi and your cd. For this reason, the opportunity cost for old demon iw is lower (also tying in with the lower-on-average chi cost to get it).

All told, the way iw proc will be used will certainly change, but you'll get fewer iw procs, they'll be more predictable, luck is no longer a factor, and opportunity cost increases. For these reasons I still somewhat favor the old demon iw. However, they are both still going to be very strong of course, and I would caution anybody freaking out that, its different, but not a disaster.

(Bonus: one of the favorite combos of a veno is to attempt an iw proc during paranova. That will be tougher to pull once iw is changed---you'll want to start with at least 3 sparks to do it fluidly. Previously, you only need just under 2 sparks to easily pull it off, assuming red-glyphed paranova).
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• conner#5457
    conner#5457 Posts: 9 Arc User
    There are like 4 ranged people on my server who go close range if they don't have to, and metal skills and leap pretty much make up for everyone else. The archer damage nerf removal is more of a pve than a pvp bump if anything.
  • mankiller
    mankiller Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Chi not really a problem if u have the new genie with broken chi skill+ can use another chi skill at the same time so veno wouldn't worry about chi. pretty sure in 3v3 area veno would be very broken as hell. In mass pvp like nw/tw may have some problem but veno probably use 0pdef a lot to kill barb since 0pdef kinda more overpower than bm hf skill at this point. Def lvl probably seem useless at that point or at least that what i think atm
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    If we still need better translations for the skills here is a dump of every skill description that was changed in the latest PWCN patch (in chinese)
    https://pastebin.com/raw/EbHWr0X6

and here is a comparison to the previous version of those skill
    https://www.diffchecker.com/sn02O28e

This should be easier to translate for clarity or specifics.
    I didn't really organize things because I think we did a pretty good job already.
    ​​
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    This guy from tideswell asked me to post this here for all to look at as his account on forums is to new and he cannot post anything at the moment. He spent alot time translating all skills so stop in maybe on tideswell and thank him! Thanks HeartBleed for ur time investment into this. https://beta.ohmydays.net/2019/03/06/newskills/ - everyone please check it out when you get time
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    asterelle wrote: »
    If we still need better translations for the skills here is a dump of every skill description that was changed in the latest PWCN patch (in chinese)
    https://pastebin.com/raw/EbHWr0X6

and here is a comparison to the previous version of those skill
    https://www.diffchecker.com/sn02O28e

This should be easier to translate for clarity or specifics.
    I didn't really organize things because I think we did a pretty good job already.
    ​​

Can you look at climate shift for sb?
    I looked it over and couldn’t understand the skill very well. Is the white glyph stating for each water charge it gives 40 chi (level8)? Or 40 total? If this is truely “a lot” of chi as someone stated earlier but without numbers then sb will be kind insane if it’s a attack level sb and sage in terms of sparking. Sage sb are pretty chi efficient and paramount along with 120 every 60 seconds quite op there. Even level 5 would be a lot

I just want to know the numbers For the skill. I found it translated but I can barely make that stuff out if you don’t mind assisting.

Also so is it truely 0 pdef on veno if so then yea 80 def weps and being tanky feel like it’s a waste of effort sadly.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    This guy from tideswell asked me to post this here for all to look at as his account on forums is to new and he cannot post anything at the moment. He spent alot time translating all skills so stop in maybe on tideswell and thank him! Thanks HeartBleed for ur time investment into this. https://beta.ohmydays.net/2019/03/06/newskills/ - everyone please check it out when you get time

Thank you to your friend but ask him if he can apply the actual numbers for sb the translation there but the numbers not.
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I looked it over and couldn’t understand the skill very well. Is the white glyph stating for each water charge it gives 40 chi (level8)? Or 40 total? If this is truely “a lot” of chi as someone stated earlier but without numbers then sb will be kind insane if it’s a attack level sb and sage in terms of sparking. Sage sb are pretty chi efficient and paramount along with 120 every 60 seconds quite op there. Even level 5 would be a lot

For white glyph, if you have 3 ice charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi after use.
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2019
    skarthos wrote: »

For white glyph, if you have 3 ice charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi after use.

40 chi? Holy cow that’s useless atleast demands gives you 30% chance of a spark 30 chi for a 60 second cooldown is worthless I’m honestly confused what ppl define a lot of chi.

Eh about every glyph update has been mediocre for sb this is normal ty for clarifying. Can you put the numbers for all the skills?

• hypnosian123
    why is sb the only class that has skills still not worth to be glyphed... -_-
  • skarthos
    edited March 2019

40 chi? Holy cow that’s useless atleast demands gives you 30% chance of a spark 30 chi for a 60 second cooldown is worthless I’m honestly confused what ppl define a lot of chi.

Eh about every glyph update has been mediocre for sb this is normal ty for clarifying. Can you put the numbers for all the skills?

Its what CN defines as a lot of chi xD
    I'll see if i can find the time to today.
  • skarthos
    @blazerboy

Heres the one for sbs

Climate Shift
    Exchange ice and thunder charges. Chi gain 5
    Yellow: All charges change to thunder. Cooldown 45/40/35/30 sec
    Green: Gain 10/15/20/25 chi
    Blue: All charges change to ice. Cooldown 45/40/35/30 sec
    Red: If 3 thunder charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi
    White: If 3 ice charges, gain 20/30/40/50 chi
  • blazerboy
    @blazerboy

Heres the one for sbs

Climate Shift

So just like demon lunar surge it’s not even worth making the neverfall version unless you’re sage? Lmfao 50 chi for a lvl10 glyph very affordable china. Oh well it’s very amusing how 2 glyph updates were worthless to SBs.

Sonic boom and supercell was good everything else useless tbh meh atleast it’s not a nerf

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    mankiller wrote: »
    Def lvl probably seem useless at that point or at least that what i think atm

Since when is it useless if it's separate stat from phys/mag defence and reduces damage you get no matter 0 pdef or not. Another question is you have enough of it to pull 0 pdef off without extra defences. Seekers and barbs tank it easily ;)

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2019
    shade13 wrote: »
    mankiller wrote: »
    Def lvl probably seem useless at that point or at least that what i think atm

Since when is it useless if it's separate stat from phys/mag defence and reduces damage you get no matter 0 pdef or not. Another question is you have enough of it to pull 0 pdef off without extra defences. Seekers and barbs tank it easily ;)

​​

I believe he/she meant it from the perspective having a lot of def lvl is ganna seem like a mute point because what will likely happen more times than not any squad with relatively any coordination will send sin/archers to drop squishy ppl and have venos 0pdef take care of the 80 def wep users / other moderately tanky ppl. Which if you think about it is easy if a sin and veno coordinate a veno can say casting 0 pdef and sin use life hunter 1 out of the multi hits will proc the 0 def target dead before he/she can even AD or anything it off defend even if you’re trigger happy. If a skill cast before AD I.E 0 pdef mid life hunter/ elimination you still take the DD therefore dying inside AD. So I’m assuming he means you may as well push a considerable amount of damage to enemies to get as much done as possible in a high mortality rate setting. I can’t blame them it makes a lot of sense tbh and I can see many ppl following this.

Most ppl who venos try to 0 def are arcanes/sin and a bm I’d be thoroughly confused if a veno is hell bent on trying to 0 def a barb which kinda insta dies or kites forever without faith if it’s a attack barb. A seeker? Don’t think that deserves priority for 0 def compared to backline dd and bms running in to cc. That’s my opinion anyways.

A ton of ppl who quit veno will return to it as well as buy venos and many who rerolled from archers and other classes to db will return to those classes or quit.
  • skarthos
    edited March 2019
    Update on numbers for duskblade skills

Divine Moonlight
    Range 20m
    Mana 100
    Channel 0.1 sec
    Cast 0.5 sec
    Cooldown 30 sec
    Cost 10 chi
    Earth dmg slight --> little?
    Yellow: Increase 40/60/80/100% weapon dmg as earth dmg
    Green: Increase distance by 2/3/4/5m
    Blue: 50% chance to trigger (斩鬼神)effect, deals additional 80/120/160/200% weapon dmg as earth dmg
    Red: Gain 5/10/15/20 chi
    White: In reaper form, range increase by 4/6/8/10 m

Umbral Stalker
    Self sealed --> Can not use skills, attacks, genie skills
    CD 120sec --> 300sec

Strength of Reapers
    Duration 30sec --> 10sec

Moon Chant
    Crit dmg reduction 45% --> 30%
    Dmg to non player targets 15% --> 20%
    Can be purged

Blood of the Nightshade
    Inverse of the current formula for dmg reduction calculation, the shorter the distance the more dmg reduced.

Annular Eclipse
    # of Cd on skills 2 --> 1

Slash of Pride
    Disarming effect removed
    White: In reaper form, target is disarmed for 6/7/8/9 sec ---> 1/2/3/4 sec

Relentless Drift
    Stun --> (Freeze or Frozen, likely Frozen as it just says immobilized)
    White: Paralyze --> Stun

Blinking Moment
    Gain 10 chi --> Cost 50 chi
    Red: Gain 15/20/25/30 chi --> 5/10/15/20 chi
  • hypnosian123
    @blazerboy

Heres the one for sbs

Climate Shift

So just like demon lunar surge it’s not even worth making the neverfall version unless you’re sage? Lmfao 50 chi for a lvl10 glyph very affordable china. Oh well it’s very amusing how 2 glyph updates were worthless to SBs.

Sonic boom and supercell was good everything else useless tbh meh atleast it’s not a nerf

sonic boom in reaper unglyphed should be 33% so not that really a giga upgrade
    cell well yea only for one glyph rest is useless