Names

I've been using Red Moons Echo and the name Red Moon for various games threw the years om online games and offline. 20 years to be exact. it'd be nice is everyone stopped using it like it was theirs.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately, you can't own a name.

Red Moon is two very common words put together, and with the latest set of classes, I can see how it would get used very easily by any random person.

By a similar aspect, I started out 25 years ago as "Black Thunder", and was working towards "Black Thunder Motorsports". Eventually that got changed into Silent Thunder. Later I found it needed to be more original and changed it to SilenThunder, and not long afterwards the "replace "i" with "y" was a fad. I've been SylenThunder for about 19 years now.

I do not mean to offend you in any way by stating your chosen alias is "common". You must accept though, that in a game where "Moon Shade" is a class, pretty much any two-word combination that has either "Moon" or "Shade" in it will most likely be taken in a matter of days after the expansion releases.

The game has been around over 8 years now. There isn't a lot of room left for originality. Which is why so many people put "X" "_" or whatever before and after their names. The original was already in use.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I've been using Red Moons Echo and the name Red Moon for various games threw the years om online games and offline. 20 years to be exact. it'd be nice is everyone stopped using it like it was theirs.
    Well, you did hit the nail right on its head:
    Stop using it like it was theirs.

This is kind of a case of: Take your own advise.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• bowtodovahkiin
    bowtodovahkiin Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is not related at all but i cant figure out how to make a new post do any of you know if there is a way to see a list of my characters without being in game
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Their is a button at the top "Create Discussion" that will allow you to start a new thread.

On the other question.

Use the Code system https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

Enter either the Jones or other active codes IE "ZpwEFQEJ"

Your then get a drop down list of all the servers, once selected you can see each toon you have on that server. It can take a while to update however if you have made a new toon.

Also I need to close this thread. Done.

Thanks.​​
This discussion has been closed.