Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Would I be banned if I just fixed the Force log issue myself? ... I'm starting to seriously consider it i'm tired of waiting. . . tiger-5.gif​​

Short of you having access to PWE`s servers you really cant fix it yourself. This thread has had some entertaining ideas regarding this issue but putting it in simple terms. The issue is server doesnt realize you DC when you do and the frequency server checks if you are still connected or not is pretty long. If PWE gave a flying ****, this issue would been fixed long ago as I have hard time believing they cant figure out how to replicate forcelog button or a button, which checks if somebody is still connected on the server. Then again I am still amazed at this company on how incompetent you can be and still get paid.

I've herd their has been a way found. Tho I would say it gonna be Tos.

Also sadly I will have to remove it should it be posted.

Thanks.

It de facto cant be fixed, lol. Like I understand you might not understand how internet works too well but when the issue server side not having information over DC, only things done on server side will have affect. This, of course, if you cant send packet to tell server to boot the account. You could do this for a while after arc login was implemented by bypassing arc, like you used to, force log your account and then log trough arc. They have since "fixed" this, which suggests they have no intention of ever fixing the issues raised int his thread.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Would I be banned if I just fixed the Force log issue myself? ... I'm starting to seriously consider it i'm tired of waiting. . . tiger-5.gif​​

Short of you having access to PWE`s servers you really cant fix it yourself. This thread has had some entertaining ideas regarding this issue but putting it in simple terms. The issue is server doesnt realize you DC when you do and the frequency server checks if you are still connected or not is pretty long. If PWE gave a flying ****, this issue would been fixed long ago as I have hard time believing they cant figure out how to replicate forcelog button or a button, which checks if somebody is still connected on the server. Then again I am still amazed at this company on how incompetent you can be and still get paid.

Thanks.

It de facto cant be fixed, lol. Like I understand you might not understand how internet works too well but when the issue server side not having information over DC, only things done on server side will have affect. This, of course, if you cant send packet to tell server to boot the account. You could do this for a while after arc login was implemented by bypassing arc, like you used to, force log your account and then log trough arc. They have since "fixed" this, which suggests they have no intention of ever fixing the issues raised int his thread.

Its been tested and it does provide a solution. At least from what I've seen and heard. The login problem is caused by arc and the token login system. It's not the server in full that is the problem.

I was hoping by now they would have sorted this issue. And it was well known the players would find a way around it at some point.

I can't say anything else on this. And like I've said if it's posted I'll need to remove it.

Thanks.
  • demysama#9223
    demysama#9223 Posts: 13 Arc User
    still cant login into game yet for near 6 months, i used to log via steam instalation. when they changed how u can log, i never be able to log in again.

installed arc again, login via that aplication an still getting "disconected from server"... also reinstalled game, but nothing happens... geez how u try to get players back and wont let them log again???
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    shaigrimla wrote: »
    still cant login into game yet for near 6 months, i used to log via steam instalation. when they changed how u can log, i never be able to log in again.

installed arc again, login via that aplication an still getting "disconected from server"... also reinstalled game, but nothing happens... geez how u try to get players back and wont let them log again???

Are you using a vpn?

Your starting via arc right?

Does the login say logging into game wait about 30 seconds then disconnect you?

If that's what is happening it would suggest your not launching from arc or your using the bypass which no longer works.

Thanks.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Would I be banned if I just fixed the Force log issue myself? ... I'm starting to seriously consider it i'm tired of waiting. . . tiger-5.gif

Thanks.

Fixed Force Log.

As per heero200 I won't post it here but I wish to make it available as some people have been waiting 9 months with 15 minutes "DC to Log" issues that needed to be addressed within the first few weeks of this incident. ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    Would I be banned if I just fixed the Force log issue myself? ... I'm starting to seriously consider it i'm tired of waiting. . . tiger-5.gif

Thanks.

Fixed Force Log.

As per heero200 I won't post it here but I wish to make it available as some people have been waiting 9 months with 15 minutes "DC to Log" issues that needed to be addressed within the first few weeks of this incident. ​​

Its server side problem, problem basically being the server thinks you are still connected with no means to boot yourself. PWE did go out of their way to interfere with the method I mentioned so I doubt forcelogging yourself would be as easy as to just sending a packet telling the server to do so. I suppose there is theoretical chance it to being possible but I cannot start to fathom how w/o doing on the server side.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I doubt they even want to fix the forced login. 9 months is a long time for fixing/finding an alternative. Especially when there are players out there that finds a workaround in a couple of weeks or so.
  • miauii#2400
    miauii#2400 Posts: 34 Arc User

Thanks.

Fixed Force Log.

Send me a pm, I want to know!
  • vendi#0954
    vendi#0954 Posts: 12 Arc User
    omg when will this 15 mins log in after dc gone D:
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    I'm just curious when they're going to own up to the fact that they blatantly lied about it.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    At this point I don't even care about multiclienting. There's an easy work around to it. What I would like for them to fix quickly is the force log. Oh, sure, there's the "try reconnecting" thing if you still have arc open, but most of the time that fails.

That's all I ask of them, but knowing how things go... I won't put any hope in it.
  • vandaheartloca#7518
    vandaheartloca#7518 Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @kalystconquerer#0876 said:
    > Hello PWI players!
    >
    > Due to the most recent update, the ability to multi-clienting will be impacted. While we work towards fixing this in the future, you may discuss this recent change here.
    >
    > All forum rules still apply. Any duplicate threads about this issue will be merged into this one.
    >
    > We thank you for your understanding while we work to get multi-clienting back.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > The PWI Crew

I'm a returning player of PWI who has obviously forgot the password, and I can't figure out how to change my password for my account. I've searched absolutely EVERYTHING and I've found absolutely NOTHING about how to change the password. Not even the old PWI website exists anymore to my knowledge. So now I can't even access my account. Little help here???
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    I'm a returning player of PWI who has obviously forgot the password, and I can't figure out how to change my password for my account. I've searched absolutely EVERYTHING and I've found absolutely NOTHING about how to change the password. Not even the old PWI website exists anymore to my knowledge. So now I can't even access my account. Little help here???

You could have clicked on Support which is in Arc, on the PWI website and in the forum. But since I don't want you to search for that function you can click here: https://support.arcgames.com/app/ask_login/iss/log

• guutzuu
    guutzuu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I last played the day ARC was implemented, as did like 50+ members of our guild. We left unable or unwilling to stomach ARC. all these years later, I dutifully downloaded ARC and came back in to see what had happened and if ARC was anymore stable than it was when I was forced to quit playing because of it. I had a high end toon on another account and put a considerable amount of money into it and others, but have never found a game since that I like as much, well, did find one that gets my money, but still PWI was SOOO good back in the day and I search for that still...

Onwards, I find everything is **** and worse than when I left. Stupid anime cats on a skateboard and what is that mount in the new area??? Going around to Arch and 1K, It's a ghost town compared to when last played, there is a scroll in the middle of the screen that is the most irritating thing I have ever seen in a game, it scrolls the same thing as in chat, so what the is the use?????????? I read the forums and farming and so many of the things you used to be able to enjoy, and items that helped are gone or neutered so bad as to be unusable. Still I held out hope that I could enjoy a little play time. But no I was on for two days and now I am running away as fast as I can again. I can't switch servers to other toons, get nothing but a logging in notice that lasts until it says I can't, have to close the window AND the arc client relog and hope account isn't still logged in 10 minutes later. And now this...NO MULTICLIENTING?????? Seriously? and some stupid excuse about protecting us? So little help to be had as no one much plays now, and so I need to help my baby toons some, as I thought to learn again and have fun, but I can't help or get help for them. PWI I can't even imagine the incompetence in your corporate structure to have taken a cash cow and **** it to pieces thinking, I am sure, you would get more money. I guess some still pay to play, but I am not one to throw thousands at a game and get so little back. Goodbye again :) I would say I'd check in in about 5 more years, lol, but I cannot imagine it will still be up and running that long. Ah, what a sweet game you were.

(think about doing what RIFT did and make a server with the game back at basics on a new server. They got a huge influx of players who wanted to relive the good old days. Like classes starting in their own areas vs. the cluster new starting area. Questing was hard but good, farming was boring but worthwhile, friends were made as we all took on the challenges. Now everyone takes a pill to get high level and pays a ton of money to gear and work the same instances over and over and it just is sad and the fun is gone.)
    Post edited by guutzuu on
  • smitus#1493
    smitus#1493 Posts: 7 Arc User
    PWI got a different view on 'temporarily' than what I do.​​
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    lol PWI doesn't care!!!! I ran a test on my 8.1 computer and found out ARC is NOT compatible with my PC. Which makes sense. Do the same and find out for your own PC. It does same thing everyone is having issues with. Like black out screen, crazy scramble colors instead of the picture. and freezing screen. Therefore, I just try and play best I can and then when finally had enough (which is very close now) with leave this game
    Again!!! PWI does not care if you are having issues playing the game, get it in your head people!
    And now its 2019, ( I think around February 20th) their holiday that lasts around months, takes place I assume. And you will not get any answers, responses from them. For all these complains, problems. (Although they hardly or never respond anyway right?) This forum appears to be only a venting forum so to speak, to help us feel better. Kinda like journaling, talk about it, purge it out by writing, so we feel better right? During their Holiday, like last year, they will post the same **** for sale over and over and over and over, for you to buy and that is all they are interested in. How do you think get all that money to go on holiday? LOl
  • sherbinshaw2012
    sherbinshaw2012 Posts: 1 Arc User
    memegirl2 is sooooo right they probably will ban her for telling the truth
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    lol PWI doesn't care!!!! I ran a test on my 8.1 computer and found out ARC is NOT compatible with my PC. Which makes sense. Do the same and find out for your own PC.

Tested it last year using XP, couldn't start Arc and the coin-sink game PWI. System requirements are Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 so already knew there was a possibility it wasn't compatible. Sad that we still need Arc to play PWI. And here it is: PWI does care... only PWE doesn't. :D
    boo4u wrote: »
    I have no clue why people keep spending on this game its hilarious

People just want a good feeling without spending too much time to get everything they need in this game. And since no one read the TOS everything they own in this coin-sink game is actually the property of PWE. Lol, PWE only need to shutdown the servers to make us all cry :D

edit: about the topic (MULTI-CLIENTING TEMPORARILY DISABLED - DISCUSSION). We just have to watch our screen to see all the bots and sometimes we can actually see people using multiple characters at the same time. So is it disabled? Only for normal people. :D

edit 2: (for message below). It's a good thing I blocked everything from Facebook :)
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jofooch#3941
    jofooch#3941 Posts: 3 Arc User
    why the hell would you start maintenance while we were still playing NW and where are our rewards i dont put money on this game anymore as i see its demise in the very near future.
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    why the hell would you start maintenance while we were still playing NW and where are our rewards i dont put money on this game anymore as i see its demise in the very near future.

Beyond that, we get all this new expensive gear, and they can't even have fixed the blessing codes yet!
  • bruinvis
    bruinvis Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Beyond that, we get all this new expensive gear, and they can't even have fixed the blessing codes yet!

Two different things. For blessing codes there isn't any designing/developing needed, there's no need to fix it. In the past there was also someone who wrote about the blessings in 'our' forum. Kinda odd that this thread (as for many other threads) disappeared.

Currently we can get a blessing via Wang Tsai but it will cost some in-game coins or real money (to buy packs) for the Lucky Coins that can be traded for a blessing.

As for the maintenance. Yes, it was a bit early this time but after all the years we could have known things like this could happen.

edit: (for message below). Yes, the blessing is for a short time but if someone really need a blessing who gives a f... how long it works. Since PWE doesn't write anything on the PWI twitter page, the Arc page and not even in the News on their website they don't care if people leave as long as the money keeps coming.
    Post edited by bruinvis on
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    bruinvis wrote: »

Two different things. For blessing codes there isn't any designing/developing needed, there's no need to fix it. In the past there was also someone who wrote about the blessings in 'our' forum. Kinda odd that this thread (as for many other threads) disappeared.

Currently we can get a blessing via Wang Tsai but it will cost some in-game coins or real money (to buy packs) for the Lucky Coins that can be traded for a blessing.

As for the maintenance. Yes, it was a bit early this time but after all the years we could have known things like this could happen.

Lol please do not even bring up the Wang Tsai blessing that cost lucky coin and lasts an hour unless you want 90% of the players to quit game. This blessing is irrelevant and bought mainly for events..
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Shhh...lol.. the God Of Fashion hereby declares, that there is now blessings codes in the codes section. Debate about codes is over your welcome lol
    Vae Victis.
  • dawapoth
    dawapoth Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I wish this game could go back in the 2010-2011 era... The gameplay feeling at that period was amazing... Nothing was easy - even leveling up was tough, but ... ohh man, what a game experience... And then all went down....
    Post edited by dawapoth on
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    This game went down when anniversary pack came out and they started to milk the cash cow.
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Milk the cash cow? I believe PWE calls it Bucketing the cash cow.
    Just put a bucket behind it, stand on it, put your pants down and... well, you know....

edit: New redeem code should be here in a couple of weeks so don't expect anything the next few months lol.
  • dawapoth
    dawapoth Posts: 2 Arc User
    I visit all servers and according to their time-zone, in the afternoon, it happens to fall in huge silence periods - none is talking... I remember the old good days when the chat window was moving like the Matrix screen... :)... Sadness for all those good days...
  • tovinothomas#3887
    tovinothomas#3887 Posts: 1 New User
    Is PWI worth playing casually?
    Like I understand that the game is heavily pay 2 win, but honestly, I'm not much for PvP anyway. I just want to play, my main concern though, is that I will end up taking the time to download and install, to find that I'm the only one in the freaking world playing. I've been playing a lot of GW2, and after 3 level 80s, I'm a little burnt out on it. I wanna play another mmo, which, feel free to suggest some to me. I'm gonna be broke for a while so I'd prefer free to play. Anyway back on topic, I want to be able to just kick back and relax while I play, which, if I remember correctly, PWI did that for me back in the day. I didn't play very far, wasn't a very high level but I've been thinking about playing it again, starting from scratch. But like I said, I don't want to find myself alone in the game. So, to sum this up