Returning player. 2 questions.

1. Best server for me to start on? I have no PvP aspirations.
2. I plan to main a EP. Is a farming character still the advised first character, or am I good to go with an EP?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    1. Best server for me to start on? I have no PvP aspirations.
    2. I plan to main a EP. Is a farming character still the advised first character, or am I good to go with an EP?

Thanks for your time.

Have to say that due a lot of reasons including a hard drive failure + laziness to download the game again, I been away for more than a month so take my advice with a grain of salt. But to answer your questions:

1) Depends where you are. As other people said in the past: Try to get a server that is close to your time zone.

2) Farming at low level is not much of thing nowadays, but assuming that you left years ago a good thing is that nowadays is more easy to level up than in the past.

Also I advice you to make more than one character. As I said before I been away from this game for more than a month so can't confirm if Jolly old jones is still there (so someone correct me if he was removed), but if he is still working you can make a few alts, level them to: 21. 31, 41, 51, 61 and 71 and with some of those do Jolly old jones quest, or just take the orders and the free coins since it would be a pain to do 7 quest on each character every day. At low level it is the more easy way to get money. And since you are not pvp, you don't really need billions for end game content.

More info about Jolly is on the pwi wiki: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Jolly_Old_Jones

Now, in case Jolie is still working and you decide to do the whole thing, the NPC use to be at the old starting zone of the 3 original races, but the most popular one was the Jolie from the untamed old starting area. Locations taken from the link above:

Inn of the Eagle, south of Etherblade City (422, 836)
    The Northern Pass, outside the north gate of City of the Lost (256, 690)
    Battlemark Village, north-east of City of the Plume (368, 461)

So my advice would be:
    - Make your main character and play it.
    - Make a few alts but remember that those can't have the same level range.
    - Take the orders with those alts and do a few daily quest with them if you want
    - Profit.

Now I know that some people may tell you to don't waste your time and a lot of negative things about the game, but if you are just playing for pve, leveling you character and doing basic pve stuff, this game is fine, you will just need help at the fb culti quests, And while is true that this game is way more dead than in the past, it is still posible to get help for those now and then. Also, as I said before you don't need billions or OP gear to do basic pve stuff. You probably would need good gear just for end game dungeons and if you are just starting, get there will take you some time.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Or wait till they give the option to make pillbabies again ,lvl 1-100 instantly, lvl 99 gear (bound), and rewawakening to 100 instantly. But you would wait a very very long time for that.