Why did PWI shut down Wednesday, January 2 evening?

Options
I've been looking on the news page, the forums, and the FaceBook page, but there's no communication at all about this extra shut down. Anyone have any information about whats going on?

Best Answers

Answers

• den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Cause preparing an automated blog post was too much of a hassle.
    they are only interested to sell they overpriced virtual ****, which totals up to amounts that you'd be able to buy expensive cars, houses and yachts.

• milkmatron2
    milkmatron2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for the info, obielle. But I do rather wonder: if they weren't going do maintenance Tuesday night, why didn't they just postpone the shut-down for the night maintenance is going be done.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Thank you for the info, obielle. But I do rather wonder: if they weren't going do maintenance Tuesday night, why didn't they just postpone the shut-down for the night maintenance is going be done.

Yeah usually they would delay it until the next week so I was a bit surprised to see the servers go down today. I would guess that there's a patch but there doesn't seem to be one at the moment. It's a bit difficult when we don't really get any communication on things :/
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    Didn't see a patch but servers are active again.

Have fun
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    den28nl wrote: »
    Cause preparing an automated blog post was too much of a hassle.
    they are only interested to sell they overpriced virtual ****, which totals up to amounts that you'd be able to buy expensive cars, houses and yachts.

Very true. They couldnt care less to communicate with their community unless its money related. It's become a joke. No blessing code still..just goes to show how much they care :(
  • copy1#8039
    copy1#8039 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Neverfall worldboss havent spawned on Tw server. Maybe its related to this off-time maint?
    COPY1
  • ilmforever
    ilmforever Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Very true. They couldnt care less to communicate with their community unless its money related. It's become a joke. No blessing code still..just goes to show how much they care :(

This. I don't know how people are being so blind to this. Why would you even want to spend your money on a project where there's no respect nor attention to a player. Plus the servers are becoming so abandoned and they're not even trying to bring some old players back by launching some promo with good rewards for returning players. They're just milking those who are still playing this, and don't even care to create a topic about maintenance or check the forum for player's feedback. PWE, maybe hire some people who would be responsible for the game's community? Cause right now it seems like there's two people in the office: one who posts cash-related news and reboots the server and the other one translates patches they install maybe twice a year.

• laluna1990
    laluna1990 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Options
    No Neferfall Worldboss, Snowmen on Mainmap gone, Christmas Event in Wonderland activated but bugged .... Ressource War didn't start for Dawnglory (didn't had it Wednesday)
  • koteto1991
    koteto1991 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    laluna1990 wrote: »
    No Neferfall Worldboss, Snowmen on Mainmap gone, Christmas Event in Wonderland activated but bugged .... Ressource War didn't start for Dawnglory (didn't had it Wednesday)

I wish they could do something to compensate all these issues... And all other issues in the last months...