Pan Gu Tome Exploit

As some of you may know there is an exploit to make Pan Gu, Creator tomes for a very low cost. In the past couple weeks the tomes have become 3x cheaper and certain people are getting rich abusing this exploit. The exploit originated on DA server and is crashing the tome market now on all of the servers. I encourage GM's to look into this exploit.

Comments

• miauii#2400
    miauii#2400 Posts: 34 Arc User
    What GMs?! lol
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I actually decided to send in a ticket to them yesterday about it but I don't actually have any details about the exploit so I wasn't exactly helpful...according to their response they have had reports but they believe things to be working as intended. I'm not sure if anyone's actually given them the steps to perform the exploit.

If people know about the exploit and how to do it the only way GMs are going to look into it is by sending a ticket. They don't really read the forums here, and probably don't play the game so much to find out about it.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • kittythecat2013
    kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
    I don't think there is any exploit.
    Seems like normal offer/demand of the market.
    Packs never get out of sale and the player base got smaller.
    Now all our mains have LUAD or higher and even the alts of our alts have some pangu, there is nowhere to put those items anymore so the prices are going down.
    Also there is so much lucky tokens around that they are stacking up so people are using the tokens to make something else and sell.
    One of the things they make is pangu tome glyphs etc.
    This is why no one is buying glyphs for more than 10m
    Would be cheaper to make from lucky tokens.
    WoA is cheaper too, again, cheap lucky tokens etc.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    just when you think the white knights died out in this forum.....

it is an exploit, the russians are abusing it like no tomorrow.
    we had a gm on the server to find out whats going on and apparently it wasnt important enough for them to take actions.
    eventually the price will drop to 50 million, at which point the russians dont make profit anymore, so who cares... :)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    just when you think the white knights died out in this forum.....

it is an exploit, the russians are abusing it like no tomorrow.
    we had a gm on the server to find out whats going on and apparently it wasnt important enough for them to take actions.
    eventually the price will drop to 50 million, at which point the russians dont make profit anymore, so who cares... :)

If anyone can tell me how this os being done I'll be happy to raise the issue.

PLEASE ASK ME TO PM YOU. Don't post on here direct.

Thanks.
  • ilmforever
    ilmforever Posts: 24 Arc User
    There's the same mechanic on chinese servers and it hasn't been fixed so far, therefore they're aware of the issue and do not consider it to be an exploit
    And even if it is, who cares, they completely gave up on the game and do not even post here on the forum anymore
  • mybm#5203
    mybm#5203 Posts: 10 Arc User
    lol so post step by step how to do it so all have pangu and they cant make coin off it obviously none of the devs care or anyone in pwi post it make sure no one can get rich off it and by the way its not an exploit if the company doesn't care so waiting i got my notepad out
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    im not exacly sure buying a useless tome will do.. hahaha. paid 200m for sot.. im good. pangu is useless and people buying it is also the same.. hahaha

• skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    you upgrade pangu with as bookless
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    skarthos wrote: »
    you upgrade pangu with as bookless

^this

Bookless transcript has been in the game for a long time now.
  • wishes8
    wishes8 Posts: 9 Arc User
    The thing is this exploit doesn't effect only pangu it's any tome higher than grade 4. If message me @heero200 can explain the thing.

Thing is though, this kinda resurrects delta for tomes again, which kinda helps baby chars grow up a bit easier as people are more willing to do delta again. As before the method to make stuff like pangu was around 300m via tokens and fragments, now it's around 50~70m
  • heerohex#3018
    wishes8 wrote: »
    The thing is this exploit doesn't effect only pangu it's any tome higher than grade 4. If message me @heero200 can explain the thing.

Thing is though, this kinda resurrects delta for tomes again, which kinda helps baby chars grow up a bit easier as people are more willing to do delta again. As before the method to make stuff like pangu was around 300m via tokens and fragments, now it's around 50~70m

Will do.

Thanks.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    As I understand it, the Russian GMs banned a ton of people for using this "exploit", then had to unban them when they investigated and discovered it is apparently an intended game feature
  • heerohex#3018
    As I understand it, the Russian GMs banned a ton of people for using this "exploit", then had to unban them when they investigated and discovered it is apparently an intended game feature

Something our team can check as well.

Thanks.