Returning player looking for advice

lolouis1
lolouis1 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Dear pwi community

I left this game somewhere in 2015.
I recently redownloaded it and find it to be a lot of fun.

I would love to upgrade my gear but i have no idea how people make money / how i could get better gear.

Would you guys please be so kind as to give some advice on how i can improve my gear / gameplay?
Now i just do my BH and try to get into an fsp dungeon once a day.

My gear (lvl 12 / lvl 15) is refined to +6
My weapon is refined to +7

https://imgur.com/a/Fpv4zZJ
Kind regards

Comments

• pal2002
    pal2002 Posts: 19 Arc User
    run as fast as you can away from this game and dont look back is my advice
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    To upgrade your gear you could ask people in your faction for help. Maybe they have some free molds etc. To make money you could visit the commission shop just to have a look what is sold and try to sell such items yourself. Easier is just to use real money and sell the gold to people (not via AH).
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    A lot depends on what you want to do in game. If you're at all interested in pvp - xNW/TW/xTW/ etc., spending real cash is a major barrier for entry unless you want to spend massive amounts of time farming money. If you're cool with not having that be a focus for now - I'd consider farming up a DPH set for yourself as well so that you can get accepted into some higher-level content. So that would be a full T3 set of gear. That means lots and lots of Warsong runs for molds and badges. You can also run xNW/NW just to grind some tokens - don't worry about being decent at the pvp aspect - it's just to sell the excess tokens off for coins for yourself. Some sins on my server sell FC bigrooms for coin - though that could vary a lot by server and it's not AT ALL as popular a seller as it used to be, but it's an option to check into.

Definitely a good suggestion above about joining a good faction to help too. They can join you for Warsong runs and assist. A good faction will also do regular UP (Uncharted Paradise) runs which is where you can make respectable coin daily, but that's only once your gear/passive skills/cards etc. are a bit better updated (full T3). Once you get into the new (for you) Neverfall maps and start doing dailies there, the squire badges you get as rewards can be turned into Acoustic Medias which sell very decently on my server (30-40m-ish) - though it takes a fair amount of badges to make 1. There's other ways out there but that's what comes to mind... good luck.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • wolfish11
    wolfish11 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Depends on your ability of your charater but here is a general list of things you can do to make coin:
    • Jolly old Jones (JoJ) - This is more for alts at lvls 21~80, where lvls 71~80 gives the most coin
    • EU - Books (can sell theses for like 2m or so depending on server)
    • AEU - Can sell the pots, as well as get other books which can sell also (1m or so)
    • D or J FPS - If you have rep under 35k I would advice you to run dfsp and get the 5k rep each day
    • Homestead - Requires 35k Rep, really easy daily to get coin and very fast
    • NW and xNW - This gives brilliant coin, but be careful when working out what item to craft
    • UP - AS mentioned above, depending on the slip you can get a 10th of skull shard price, at mo on DA that's 95m or so
    • DH - This sounds like something will be able to do later on so just noting it down, this gives decent coin
    • General Mercanting - Look for something that sells well with a decent gab between buying and selling price, looking at items that are farmable and new content (e.g. when neverfall came out you could farm lvl 1 glyths, theses started at like 5m and dropped over time to the current 300k (this on DA, ^^ made 300m with that))
    • TT - even farming lower lvl tts can give some decent coin which covers sub costs

Personal Recommendations to do:
    • Heavenfall Temple - For exp, spirit, cards, and starchart items
    • Do the chain in Neverfall (idealy in a guild squad for extra vitae), note this can also unlock more culti, you may need help though with the mobs, especialy later on in the chain

Off top of head cannot think of much else, but feel free to message me in game:
    KindaWolfish - on Dawnglory
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    wolfish11 wrote: »
    Depends on your ability of your charater but here is a general list of things you can do to make coin:
    • Jolly old Jones (JoJ) - This is more for alts at lvls 21~80, where lvls 71~80 gives the most coin
    • EU - Books (can sell theses for like 2m or so depending on server)
    • AEU - Can sell the pots, as well as get other books which can sell also (1m or so)
    • D or J FPS - If you have rep under 35k I would advice you to run dfsp and get the 5k rep each day
    • Homestead - Requires 35k Rep, really easy daily to get coin and very fast
    • NW and xNW - This gives brilliant coin, but be careful when working out what item to craft
    • UP - AS mentioned above, depending on the slip you can get a 10th of skull shard price, at mo on DA that's 95m or so
    • DH - This sounds like something will be able to do later on so just noting it down, this gives decent coin
    • General Mercanting - Look for something that sells well with a decent gab between buying and selling price, looking at items that are farmable and new content (e.g. when neverfall came out you could farm lvl 1 glyths, theses started at like 5m and dropped over time to the current 300k (this on DA, ^^ made 300m with that))
    • TT - even farming lower lvl tts can give some decent coin which covers sub costs

1. You need 100+ Alts all 71+ to have enough coin to get G16. So assuming you had a character who can solo fc for the worthless alts in the first place, it'll be about 3 months or more before you have enough coin for the g16 set.

2. EU books, is kinda useless too. Mostly veterans are left so they already have all the skills. The ones who do need it, can easily buy it in the Ah from just One NW session. The ones that dont do NW and need the skill....well it's most likely millions of other people selling that same skill you gotta compete with. i personally do not see this to be worthy on the list.

3. Same with 2, but to a much much lesser degree. Everything that was wrong with 2, get's scaled down even worse.

4. This one is a good idea, i never thought about getting 35k rep on an alt just for HS alone.
    5. Mostly a follow up to 4, How exactly do they "easy daily coins very fast" In the HS? Im asking out of curiosity only, i dont intend to have a debate, lol.

6. nation wars, and cross nw, You make the most by NPC'ing the tokens for 10k each now instead of crafting any items, If Profit was your gain. In fact, you can Actually Lose money(thats right Instead of spending 2 hrs to gain money increase, you can spend that time to Lose money/go into red). I had this happen with Seals of wars. I thought that if i sold tokens for 20k, and make them pay the craft fee, i come out a winner right compared to NPCing them. I dont remember the exact details, but i think i charged 1.3m per SOW and their craft fee. I ended up Losing 2m instead of gaining anything. I had no choice but to sell them for that low, because the server price was around that. Any higher and the catshop would be more efficient (was the mindset lol) personal needed items are a different story. But basically, NPC the tokens, because if you are on tideswell, SOW are not beneficial to craft if profit was your gain.

7. The average user does not have the gear to get into that, and when they do, The squad wants experienced users only. Alot of magically comments go around saying " all you need is g16 to get in up/dhd/whatever new instance" Reality is, you arent getting into that squad if you dont have already great gear. Unless you somehow-someway Know someone in it.
    8. SAME for 7.

9. I really do wish people stop throwing this imaginary concept around.
    This game's player base is allegedly declining right? Where are all of these people giving away free money at? What average user can wake up one day, Log on pwi, and buy an Item worth 100m for 50M, Just like that? Who is selling these imaginary merchanting items? i've actually tested this multiple times and usually when someone is selling an item, They either sell it for The current going price. Or Higher than.

Message those people, Tell them you want to buy it for Millions of Reduced price,(like a merchant would do) No response was the usual result. That's the reality of the merchanting concept. Not all of these people that tell you to Buy high and sell cheap. It's just not a conceivable option.

Now Lets say, you bought something off of that random person(and yes it would be a random person, Everyone on the server does Not sell items for Under value) you bought their item, Sold it for a profit. Not to exaggerate, but the stars would have to align for you to do that again. Those type's of people are not abundant. And if they were, You surely know you arent the only one Pming them dont you?

A user who stays online 24-7 or Most of that (20Hrs+) Has the best chance of getting this Rare person who's willing to sell a wanted item for half off, and can flip it for a profit Quickly.

A average user who loggs on daily, yaknow, anyone who isnt a 24-7 player. Has a very small chance at getting that rare user who's willing to sell the wanted item half off/Majorly reduced price.

In either option, of the state of the game right now, For this merchanting concept to yeild any profits, you Gotta wait 3years+ Of human Time out of you life. Or either already have 3 years in, Or already have magical billions of start up cost.

There is no such thing as "Oh just merchant" Or "buy high sell cheap" You gotta add the Rest of it to it.
  • copy1#8039
    copy1#8039 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    1. You need 100+ Alts all 71+ to have enough coin to get G16. So assuming you had a character who can solo fc for the worthless alts in the first place, it'll be about 3 months or more before you have enough coin for the g16 set.
    You dont need 1 character that can solo flowsilver, but a squad that can handle it together. Maybe it will take 3 months getting g16 set but you have to start somewhere. I can gear my own alts in g16 whenever i want now, but a couple years back i farmed every single piece from scratch for every alt i had then. All gold and green lunar/TT items, NW for the uncanny, warsong for molds, badges eod, etc. Yes, it took a long time, but its paying off now.
    4. This one is a good idea, i never thought about getting 35k rep on an alt just for HS alone.
    5. Mostly a follow up to 4, How exactly do they "easy daily coins very fast" In the HS? Im asking out of curiosity only, i dont intend to have a debate, lol.
    Probably one of the most profitable ways to farm. You can make the most money if you can afford upgrading the buildings and do higher prosperity quests and sell contracts, but as a start just stay low level (Lv2ish) and do Mulberry quests.
    8. nation wars, and cross nw, You make the most by NPC'ing the tokens for 10k each now instead of crafting any items, If Profit was your gain. In fact, you can Actually Lose money(thats right Instead of spending 2 hrs to gain money increase, you can spend that time to Lose money/go into red). I had this happen with Seals of wars. I thought that if i sold tokens for 20k, and make them pay the craft fee, i come out a winner right compared to NPCing them. I dont remember the exact details, but i think i charged 1.3m per SOW and their craft fee. I ended up Losing 2m instead of gaining anything. I had no choice but to sell them for that low, because the server price was around that. Any higher and the catshop would be more efficient (was the mindset lol) personal needed items are a different story. But basically, NPC the tokens, because if you are on tideswell, SOW are not beneficial to craft if profit was your gain.
    Then you must have done math wrong somewhere. Fee + 1.3m - NPC price = 800k more profit than if you are NPCing. Actually surprised you can sell it 1.3 over fee price. Now if you spent money on charms etc, that's a different story and you'll likely lose money regardless of what you do. I hate NW and I dont go unless I need the actual tokens.
    8. The average user does not have the gear to get into that, and when they do, The squad wants experienced users only. Alot of magically comments go around saying " all you need is g16 to get in up/dhd/whatever new instance" Reality is, you arent getting into that squad if you dont have already great gear. Unless you somehow-someway Know someone in it.
    Giving up early are we? Seen plenty of not-experienced users going. In my opinion a squad is not even worth it but that's a different story - focus on your own alt squad and solo it.
    10. I really do wish people stop throwing this imaginary concept around.
    This game's player base is allegedly declining right? Where are all of these people giving away free money at? What average user can wake up one day, Log on pwi, and buy an Item worth 100m for 50M, Just like that? Who is selling these imaginary merchanting items? i've actually tested this multiple times and usually when someone is selling an item, They either sell it for The current going price. Or Higher than.
    You are missing the concept of merchanting completely. No imaginary items are floating around that you can just re-sell easily. You can either set up a shop buying, and then those impatient people will sell to you for cheap, or you can buy items on the actual market price that are only temporary for sale and sell later outside sale for profit. I do the latter.
    In either option, of the state of the game right now, For this merchanting concept to yeild any profits, you Gotta wait 3years+ Of human Time out of you life. Or either already have 3 years in, Or already have magical billions of start up cost.
    That is not completely wrong. You need a good chunk of coins to start merchanting now. I still make most of my coins from reselling items that I farmed, and I didnt earn anything via merchanting untill I at least putted 1 billion coin to the side for merchanting, and that were barely enough to do anything at all. Now, my amount of coin is higher and I earn a little more as time goes on. Its just about being very patient. Then again, Im not a great merchant, Im just a farmer.
    COPY1
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    homestead makes 800k a day (selling bloodstones) on my server for the lowest lvl daily. if you sink 300m into raising the prosperity of your homestead it pays 50m a week.(selling woods)
  • yayoblow#4632
    homestead makes 800k a day (selling bloodstones) on my server for the lowest lvl daily. if you sink 300m into raising the prosperity of your homestead it pays 50m a week.(selling woods)

When you say selling bloodstones, or woods. Do you mean The hs itself gives you a item/items you can sell to NPC for around that much or do you have to depend on another player to buy it from you?
  • copy1#8039
    You get sigils which you can trade in for bound or tradeable mats. Tradeable cost more sigils but thats how you can resell them.
    Yes, you have to "depend" on other players. However homestead items are really populair, there is multiple shops buying and selling. It shouldnt be a problem to sell them.
    COPY1
  • yayoblow#4632
    copy1#8039 wrote: »
    You get sigils which you can trade in for bound or tradeable mats. Tradeable cost more sigils but thats how you can resell them.
    Yes, you have to "depend" on other players. However homestead items are really populair, there is multiple shops buying and selling. It shouldnt be a problem to sell them.

I see. But you would think something like this would have multiple videos on it happening? There are literately no Homestead videos on youtube. I counted about 6 (the same vids) with every search i did, and thats after clicking video's tab in google. I wish it was a way to see it from start to finish. Well after someone was to get the HS that is. So far from quest everyday i get Two sigils.
  • copy1#8039
    edited December 2018
    @yayoblow#4632
    Yeah 2 sigils for Mulberry quest

If you want higher quests your goal should be 4050+ prosperity. Thats 7 blue and 2 green sigils (greens needed to make "Profaned Wood" which sells pretty well)
    I prefer 5400 prosperity, which is the tier after 4050. Thats 7 blue and 4 green.
    I do not like the tiers before 4050 as they only give blue and anything but mulberry quest is already troublesome enough to do.

Quests requires items from different Mastery and you can only have 1. Thus I recommend alts, starting with 1 for each mastery.

If you need guides I would check out the PWI wiki here though I dont know how detailed the homestead guide is now but last year it wasnt that great, tho they been working hard on updating all pages for the past year. For videos, the only one I have watched about homestead are from Wyvelin's youtube channel.
    COPY1
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    If you need guides I would check out the PWI wiki here though I dont know how detailed the homestead guide is now but last year it wasnt that great, tho they been working hard on updating all pages for the past year. For videos, the only one I have watched about homestead are from Wyvelin's youtube channel.

Sadly it hasn't had any updates since you last saw it I think. I do have it on my list to update it (including adding the quests) but I have to wrap up a couple of other projects first. I'm more than happy to explain some stuff if needed since I have personally written a guide for it before but it is on my guild forums. Perhaps I can throw it into a google doc and share it in the meantime, but not sure how much more info it provides compared to the videos out there.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • yayoblow#4632
    I think it would be very useful to make a video on it explaining how to do it from start to finish. Well after you get the required prosperity that is. Looks like those wood things sell for about 30m on my server But of course everyone else is most likely selling the same thing, so probably have to reduce that to 20/25m . Takes about a week to craft the wood right? It's pathetic money but it's still the best option that's been listed so far i think.
  • copy1#8039
    A video that shows you how to do the higher prosperity quests? Its not different from mulberry quests other than the level of the item.
    COPY1
  • yayoblow#4632
    A video that shows you how to do the higher prosperity quests? Its not different from mulberry quests other than the level of the item.

No, The entire act of making 20-30m coin with Homestead. The quest are just button clicks if i remember right lol.