A way to force log in into game, without waiting 15mins

vacekira
vacekira Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Hello,

My internet been bad in last 3 days, but lets get to point, i figured a way to force log back in game:

And this is how it works:

You start ARC, start game and play.. and eventually you get disconnected.
So when you get disconnected you get a pop up box (in game) which says:

Try reconnecting: Yes / No.

What you need to do is:

1. Minimize game (using windows button)..
2. Wait for your internet to get back on.. and make sure your internet is fine..
How? Well open any browser you have and google something and if it works close browser.
3. Go back in game and press that "Yes" button, you will be logged back in game, without waiting 15mins.. This is a force log in.

Note: If you kill ARC in task manager, once your client is up.. and DC occurs without having ARC in background, you wont get pop up box to reconnect.
Note: If you start ARC, then client and log into game, then kill ARC and start ARC again with same account, it wont do any harm.
Note: If you are running multi clients, this will work but only for client that has ARC (associated with it) running in background.
Note: I have tested all of this multiple times and it works as i wrote.

Good luck and hope this helps you.
Tideswell
Post edited by vacekira on

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited December 2018
    To add onto this, you can log onto an Arc account even after you've killed it and it should still work, but only for the account logged in on the client that's associated with the Arc account that's logged in. I d/c on a daily basis (modem issues that I'm too lazy to look into) and I've been able to do that trick before to make sure my main account can log back in instead of an alt. I think I've only tried it once or twice though.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • vacekira
    vacekira Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yes,

if you are dual clienting you have to kill ARC after running 1st client, then you run ARC again and start 2nd client, then you kill ARC, and run ARC with account of 1st client. So if you DC, you can force log toon thats on 1st client (your main toon i suppose).

Also can keep main on last client you opened (together with ARC associated with it), to avoid the long way of open/close arc.

@obielle thank you for reply, i have updated my post to make it more clear.
    Post edited by vacekira on
    Tideswell