GPU/Compatibility Issues

bleather
bleather Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello i bough a new PC a few days ago and i'm having some problems with PWI after 1 min or so my ingame image freezes (i can hear the sound and everything else etc) and and i need to shut down the game client trough task manager , in my video setting of the client my GPU is only recognized as a 3gb graphic card and i have 2x RTX 2080 Ti in SLI sould be atleast 11GB of memory. Would really apreciate if someone can help me with this.

My System:

Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Intel I9 9900k
GPU: 2x NVidia RTX 2080 Ti from MSI
RAM : 32GB Corsair Pro 3200
2 x Samsung EVO 860 500 GB in raid 0
1 x Samsung Evo 960 Evo 250 GB for system only.

Windows drivers up to date same as Graphics and other drivers i also have a fresh windows installed and fresh game client aswell tried to lower the graphics doesnt work , run it in compatibility mode etc still nothing , the only thing that is working is when i set everything to min settings at a lower rez aswell its running the NVidia GPU not the integrated on and based on Afterburner stats display its only 25% of my gpu even at ultra high setting and triple monitor res 5760x1080 but still freezes.

Comments

• datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    This extremely weird issue as PWI doesnt really use GPU and thus problems affecting that shouldnt usually be noticeable.

But you say "in my video setting of the client my GPU is only recognized as a 3gb graphic card", which makes me wonder, you sure you installed your gpu correctly? Cause chances are your motherboard has some sort of crappy integrated video card on it, which would be used if there is nothing else to use.
  • bleather
    Yes im sure , the problem is that the client see it it as RTX 2080Ti (3GB memory) when it sould be 11GB for some reason it limits my GPU to only 3GB vram the graphic cards are installed correctly in all the other games are working fine its only the PWI that recognize it like that tried compatibility mode etc but nothing works what is wierd its that sees it at RTX 2080 Ti but limited to 3GB memory wich sould be more than enough for pwi tbh not saying that i have 2 GPU's in SLI but idk whats wrong with it.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    bleather wrote: »
    Yes im sure , the problem is that the client see it it as RTX 2080Ti (3GB memory) when it sould be 11GB for some reason it limits my GPU to only 3GB vram the graphic cards are installed correctly in all the other games are working fine its only the PWI that recognize it like that tried compatibility mode etc but nothing works what is wierd its that sees it at RTX 2080 Ti but limited to 3GB memory wich sould be more than enough for pwi tbh not saying that i have 2 GPU's in SLI but idk whats wrong with it.

I am out of ideas then. But even if it only recognized what you say and used that, it still should be enough to run this game w/o issues so I am not sure your GPU is the issue in the first place. Was just such a weird for it showing differently that I thought just maybe there might be issue like that in play.
  • bleather
    Yea i think might be compatibility issues or the PWI optimisation cuz no offence but its not great , i wonder if u guys have a GPU with more than 3GB vram and if shows correctly for u when u open the client. Thank You vm tough datsang.
  • bleather
    Game still gets stuck no matter what rez or settings i use... if anyone has any ideeas will be much apreciated
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Maybe PWI game just sucks! From all the people talking about ARC, freezing screens ect. Does it occur to anyone else that so many are having same issues playing on the same game? Several years ago PWI crashed and I had to have it repaired my desk top was just gone! Now with all these freezing, black out screens, not able to log in, I have to say its worrisome again.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    OH yeah, I been playing since PWI started and usually can log in after relogging about 2-3 times. Today, I have not been able to stay on due to it goes straight to log in and goes Black or freezes. I am tired and this takes all the fun away to play I am out!!
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    This is the upper limit of a 32-bit executable. PWI is not 64-bit software and can not access address space outside of this range. This is nothing to be concerned with really, as PWI never takes advantage of that kind of space anyways. It barely uses the GPU.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • moneyhess
    moneyhess Posts: 17 Arc User
    bleather wrote: »
    2 x Samsung EVO 860 500 GB in raid 0

off topic, but isnt a SSD in raid kinda pointless? The idea of a raid is that you write to 2 different drives.
    a SSD however already does this in 1 single drive no? thats why its so fast.

Or am i missing something?

For the rest, monster pc, i envy you xD sad that pwi cant deal with it
  • shaedan#4747
    shaedan#4747 Posts: 4 Arc User
    PWI doesn't like SLI, simply disable one GPU, then play to your heart's content. It hates my dual RTX setup too, have to disable one card and let PWI run on only one GPU - it doesn't speak 64 bit gaming rig very well LOL.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.