PWI Content feedback megathread

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited November 2018
    2) This one I have never seen happen with a GM before. I suggest you have events in world chat where people can guess questions or find a person, like hide and seek. The other night someone did that in world chat, he had people guessing questions and winner got 1million each correct answer. To a lot 1 million is not alot of coin but this is not so much as get rich off it but to have fun with the possibility of a small reward.

Actually Kalyst did a hide-and-seek event on each of the servers last year, but I think it was done as a pop-up shop event. She'd set up a catshop with items at various prices for people to find. There were some pretty good items and even some unreleased stuff (there was an untamed flyer but can't remember which one) but the downside was if someone rich came by and found the shop first then all the items would go to them. The event was more designed to be a coin sink than anything, but either way I did enjoy hunting around the map for her and figuring out where she was.

There were a few other events that happened last year too that involved GM interaction, like the GM pinata event they hosted a couple of times. That one didn't require you to have any money or even kill the GM, just be quick enough to pick up the items they dropped throughout Archosaur. That one also had some unreleased items like the Red Battle Panda mount.

It'd definitely be nice to see more events like these or maybe some different ones that have some simple GM interaction involved. I do remember there were some limitations and Kalyst was testing a few formats while discussing with the PWCN devs by doing some events too - for example there was a rare pet spawn event which was to test mob spawn events in general since people request those kinds of GM events a lot. I'm not sure what happened with the progress of that though, so it would be good to find out what happened.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    china needs to recode sins skill dmg calculations.
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    Can we have a Server stone that allow players to move from one server to another ? can we merge all servers in one big server with multi events at different time ?
    would love to see a cross server Commission shop or a cross server Auction house with no limit on selling gold.
    will be a great thing to be able to re roll class using the same gears.!!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    While we're on the subject, @sunnys1dework please tell the Chinese developers to save the Venomancer pets!

Currently a legendary pet that costs 100 gold is as useful in mass PvP as a level 5 pet you tame outside the starter cities. Alright, this is a bit of an exaggeration but the game has added a lot of new content, gear and stats while Venomancer pets are lagging behind.

I think the Inherited Stats of evolved pets should include a small percentage of Spirit. Nothing big that would make pets un-killable but being able to inherit some of the Venomancer's Spirit stat would help. Also, Heal Pet (Venomancer skill) should be able to give pets a buff that reduces the AOE damage they take from other players. Currently, this buff only works in PvE.

Venomancers have one skill (Natural Synergy) that can only be used if the pet is alive. They also have a skill (Venomous Scarab) that gets a damage boost if the pet is alive. We even have Glyphs for Venomous Scarab specifically for the damage boost when the pet is alive.

I believe the suggestions I propose won't have a big impact in PvP balance. The damage reduction buff would be strictly for AOE damage only so that pets can live a little longer in mass PvP like Territory Wars, Dragons' Conquest etc. Even with some Spirit added to pets, players will still be able to kill them pretty easily if they focus the pets (DoTs, multi-hit skills, APS, debuffs and so on).

​​
  • mankiller
    mankiller Posts: 30 Arc User
    Sin need some rebalance they hit too hard.Give archer a def skill or glyph blessing condor skill " 1000% dodge" 10sec to 60sec. Game need a coin sink too much ingame coin added from pack so we need something to reduce the coin. Maybe sell mirage chart for 1m each at mechant or something that player use everyday.
  • adc06
    adc06 Posts: 1 Arc User
    is any way the gm can announce a little event for low level venos and spawn dejan's pet??? so many venos keep camping that area for weeks and no one gets it...people comes to do quests and aoe everything sometimes killing the derjan pet.
  • reddragon961
    reddragon961 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would personally like to see a server merge, and/or the option to transfer servers. A merge would be nice to add some competition, rather than 1 guild per server dominate, and add some pk which is always fun. Server transfer options would be nice in case your rl schedule changes and other servers event times work better for you at that time.
  • you#5221
    you#5221 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Please dont encourage these new gold prices. Keep auction house cap where it is. Soon gold is gonna be like 20 mil(coin) for 1 ( gold).
    I think PWI should do something to bring these prices down and/or under control.

Can we get more event gold please. Its like the gift that keeps on giving.
    and cheaper prices on items most people use like charms, auto pots etc in the event store.
    Post edited by you#5221 on
  • mslove11
    mslove11 Posts: 5 Arc User
    The expansion hasn't been too bad. Adding the Royal Sky line with no additional skills or passives is a bust.

Tome refinement is way too expensive as it sits. Getting a +6 tome should not be that expensive. Yea higher refines should come at a steep price. And tomes should not bind upon refining when using unbound mats.

I agree that trying to gear up is next to impossible due to basic rewards being moved to higher geared instances. You leave too many players left in that middle ground.

I would love to see the rebirth of older instances. I.E. Nirvana, just as raps and cannys were used to forge g15 armors and weapons. Now that those are available through doing all forms of Nation wars, I would suggest a new type of mats dropped there to incorporate with the new Twilight Temple levels coming for g17 armors.

I would like to see the game engine updated to not have so many lag or dc issues after and expansion or sometimes even weekly maintenance.

The class system balance is ridiculously imbalanced. I understand more new classes means more money spent , but just as much can be spent on older classes with shard, refine, gear upgrades. The new classes are no where near on the same level as all toons before Tideborn expansion. Archers, wizards, psychics are a few to be named that can not compete with new classes.

Trust me , I know cash players make this server run and I'm grateful to them. But if we do not add more pve and farm game play added for f2p, they will leave because of not being able to stay comparable for p2w players. And if too many f2p players leave, there will be no one for p2w players to engage. I agree 100% p2w players should have an advantage, but not like this.

More fashion appearing in the boutique more often. Selling new fashion regularly along with dyes, not only makes players happy, but your pocket book too.

Return of the weekly events. We had Tigers on mondays, jungle ruins on tuesday, coa , tourney, and many more. Now some of those events are a bit dated for todays end game geared. But what if we had old events for players 99 and below. And new similar events for players 100+ with different rewards pertaining to those relevant levels.

Cross server commission shop is a very viable and great way to involve for a more even economy.

Arena should be open 24 hours a day from opening time on Wednesdays until closing Monday nights. This would allow everyone in all time zones to try to set up matches. This how ever would not guarantee that you will find matches to fight considering what time it is.

Poor venos have a hard enough time farming or even buying pets. They are very expensive and there isn't any tamable at higher levels other than the dino. Now even tho it is clearly understood that these special pets are not trade able, we clearly have people who regularly camp them and catch multiples. For what reason other than being a jerk, I don't know. Make the dino only tame able once per toon. and for venos to spend close to $250 on a boutique pet, having it one shot is clearly not worth the value.

I fear another server merge shall be needed in order to keep enough players per server, but if different ideas are not implemented, merging won't even matter.

Listen to your community, they mostly agree on a lot of topics. To me that warrants at the very least a group to explore these options. Build the community back, that's what keeps your players here. Offer more f2p options to compete with end game, but more comparable rather than instant one shot.

The ideas we bring you may seen to cut your profits and maybe that's why most had been brushed over.
    But I assure you a better player experience means more players in general.
    And yes a lot of players start f2p, but those same players end up being your biggest p2w customers as well.
    When players enjoy the content, find it just challenging enough, and the community is positive, those f2p ask for gift cards and even start spending their own paychecks.

thank you in advance
    A non factor psy from etherblade

• cosmicrays
    cosmicrays Posts: 4 Arc User
    you#5221 wrote: »
    Please dont encourage these new gold prices. Keep auction house cap where it is. Soon gold is gonna be like 20 mil(coin) for 1 ( gold).
    I think PWI should do something to bring these prices down and/or under control.

Can we get more event gold please. Its like the gift that keeps on giving.
    and cheaper prices on items most people use like charms, auto pots etc in the event store.

I say they make most of the items people buy untradable like packs, auto pots, so people have to get gold from auction house at regulated prices.

• sunnys1dework
    sunnys1dework Posts: 33 Perfect World Employee
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I'll be out of office starting tomorrow and will be back on Monday. Please keep the discussion going! I've forwarded the first batch of feedback to the developers, and I'll keep you all posted about any responses.
  • ichigo1555
    ichigo1555 Posts: 14 Arc User
    So this is gonna be like with Jade Dynasty, first you get all the feedbacks, then trying to do smth, and at last just gonna announce game shouting down? Well, at least make all boutique stuff for free, you'll see a lot of old players coming back
  • michael#1383
    michael#1383 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please make war avatar cards TRADEABLE, or at least Account Stash able. That's the point of Trading Cards, you know?
  • dafreeeees#4542
    dafreeeees#4542 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Please make war avatar cards TRADEABLE, or at least Account Stash able. That's the point of Trading Cards, you know?

Please, dont do that.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

Please, dont do that.

I wouldn't mind them being Account Stashable, though I can see why it could be a problem. Maybe make them stashable until you equip them.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Simple make smaller sets stashable but things like NP set and S card sets I would recommend against A card sets being stashable isn’t game breaking but S cards that’s a whole different story
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Would be nice to prepare for the Year Attendance rewards so they don't disappear for us on new year. Yet again. :|
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • mslove11
    mslove11 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Oh and we fix the title quest pop ups. even though i use the guide with coords and all, I still cant not mange to get most of the quests to pop up leaving me with many need 1 or 2 to complete which in turn does not give me the main title for that category.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited November 2018
    mslove11 wrote: »
    Oh and we fix the title quest pop ups. even though i use the guide with coords and all, I still cant not mange to get most of the quests to pop up leaving me with many need 1 or 2 to complete which in turn does not give me the main title for that category.

Which titles are you having trouble with? Sometimes the coordinates on the guides work better for some people than others, so I can dig around for different coordinates for you. Also make sure to try relogging if you can't get certain ones to pop up, they can be glitchy.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ailiadrake
    Talking about title quests. Sometimes there's this thing that you accept the quest, but you pass the coordinates by mistake and you get this "not in correct location" error thing (forgot the right message). And then, to get it again, you have to relog your toon. Not even leaving the map and returning there will work.

Can China maybe look into this? It's not a bad bug, but it's annoying as hell nonetheless.
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    @sunnys1dework
    Hey Sunny, there is an update comming in a near future that we can choose which gear combo use even changing gear. Can you please be sure our R9S3 (PWI EXCLUSIVE VERSION) br added to the combos we can keep even changing gear ?
  • saikuro
    saikuro Posts: 35 Arc User
    For now, being MIA in pwi for 4+ months all i can say is please for the love of all that is holy get rid of Arc. Fix the work around that worked last year(i think it still worked) or get rid of it all together. Please. Nevermind that I have been playing for 10 years and am still far behind anyone who farmed their gear in the 'old' days and anyone who cashes; arc is the biggest annoyance I have for this game. Period. Be gone.​​
    Playing since 2008

Saiiku - HT
    CarricaSin - HT
  • ailiadrake
    Now that I remember, talking about instances and keys.

If China is so bent on keeping their key system, can we please have at least UP and DH turned to something like EU? Where you go in but don't lose the key until you completed the whole instance? It's so damn annoying to get inside, use a key, and then figure out that you wasted it because people leave even before starting.
  • jyleelee
    jyleelee Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for making a thread to get feedback. It's nice to see PWI staff reaching out rather than us left feeling like we are in the dark constantly. Kalyst did her best to reach out, and honestly did a lot of things for us, but it was still lacking especially during the final months before she left.

Let's start with the positives:
    • Aesthetics - I think Neverfall is beautiful and I love the fun aesthetic of places like Wonderland.
    • Vitae gain is a LOT easier - I have several toons, all in different sky levels. I appreciate how much easier it is now for the lower tier toons to gain vitae. I'm almost at Twilight with all of them now and some only started recently. The vitae mobs were a fantastic addition! Perhaps there should be a vitae mob for the Royal Sky range since right now the highest range is only Twilight Sky mobs.
    • Questchains - As someone who enjoys PVE, when Neverfall was first released, I actually really enjoyed the long questline to explore this whole new area. It felt as though real effort had been put in to flesh out this new map with both the lore and history. I would have liked more questchains in the most recent expansion as I felt they were a little short.
    • Forum Lounge - I like this purely because it's showing us you're trying to engage with us. It's interesting to get some conversation going rather than just page after page of complaints about this and that not working. If more stuff like this is encouraged by PWI staff, then maybe it would make players want to come back and engage in discussions on forums.
    • Optimizations - I know a lot of people have complained about the dip in graphics since the latest expansion but it's been the opposite for me. It's actually helped my client run a lot smoother and better.

And now here are the negatives, or things which could be improved on:
    • PWI Staff - I'd like it if PWI staff actually were around to engage with forum users rather than you letting Heero (one of your mods) just fend for himself when he doesn't have the resources or the access to management to answer certain questions. He does more than any PWI staff I've seen around in years. If PWI staff put as much effort into forum engagement as they do in their weekly sales posts, then that would be a major improvement. This feedback thread and the new forum lounge topics are a step in the right direction. Maybe pop in game every now and again! Actually have GM toons online engaging with players. Many players already feel like PWI doesn't care about the players and it's a shame because a lot of us still love the game even after all these years but it's disheartening to see little to no interaction.
    • Bring back EVENTS - We use to have Celestial Tigers on Mondays, Jungle Ruins on Tue, City of Abominations on Wed. Now all those events have gone. Bring some of them back. They were fun events that one could even make coin from.
    • Royal Sky - The new sky levels does not offer any new skills or passives like the older sky levels. It only offers spirit and thus does not give much incentive for players to actively level it other than to not get left behind.
    • Arc Issues - Arc hogs an unnecessary amount of resources and just gets in the way of duel client. No other game would call it part of the game design to have to kill Arc just to open another client. This 'temporary' fix is looking more and more permanent by the day. Also, lets not forget the 'force log issue'. At times, I would dc from game but the server keeps my toon logged online. Because of Arc, the force log is now obsolete and I cant do anything but wait 15mins until my toon finally dc's from server to continue playing.
    • Adjust gold cap in Auction House - Due to inflation, it is no longer possible to buy gold in AH, making people resort to buyer off sellers in world chat, and thus making AH obsolete. It would be nice to have a place to easily buy gold again.
    • Tome Refinement - This is extremely expensive with only cash shop items so it's not viable for the majority of my toons. The binding isn't nice either as many people share tomes with their other toons.

And a bug which could be passed onto developers:
    • On-screen quest tracker autopath broken - The onscreen quest tracker has underlined links to certain NPC's/monsters to kill/area's to visit. Since the latest expansion, this has broken so that now you have to hover a little to the left or right of the actual link to click on it.
  • mikey442
    mikey442 Posts: 6 Arc User
    As for anything on the recent expansion, I haven't gotten to the royal sky section. Still on Astral Sky, but I do enjoy the sky levels. It keeps the end game more engaging.

Now since this the primary suggestion thread, I do have one small suggestion. Can we like reduce the amount of players needed to open Twilight Temple, Squad Mode? It takes only 2 players to open Lunar Squad Mode, Frostcovered City, Quicksand Maze, and even Warsong City. I don't see a reason why the 4-player requirement is still needed.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Im a humble person with humble wishes

If one char owns a ;
    Auto Potter
    Lightning Stone
    Teleport Bell
    please trigger a account wide buff to give the benefits of those items to every char on the account without the need to put it into account stash before. Quality of life improvement !

Rework Nirvana Palace and put in some good rewards

I want UNLIMITED MOUNT SPACE so i can finally start to collect as many mounts as possible

I'd like more bank space and inventory space

I'd like to bring TW and XTW back to the original vision were you needed to pull catas to hurt the crystal and to kill towers to weaken the enemy dragon in order to have a chance killing it. No more seeker SB clownfiesta that rofl trough the hp of those mobs and degrade this events into a pve expirience.

Burn down the wonderland and close the doors forever (ok im joking here dont forward that) :D

Fix force log in ! Quality of life improvement !!!!

Raise coin cap on Gold AH or limit coins flowing into game over keys and packs to a point were 4m is viable again.

Implement a destroy item in my inventory to insta destroy items that ain't dropable but can be sold to a npc!

Give us gear that match to current top gear on power but its account stashable. To limit endless farming abuse put a status condition to it that prevent you from getting any rewards for fsp, up, dh, 999 ect after you get it once per account per day. The idea behind it is to play and enjoy different classes in pvp without sinking another 5 years into gear and progress to make it endgame viable without breaking the economy by enabling high level alt farming instances over and over to ruin prices.

• cyberomega2012
    cyberomega2012 Posts: 16 Arc User
    I sorta wonder whether anything will change. Been playing this game for over 6 years and seen plenty of forums where PWI asked for areas of improvement and nothing gets done. Usually I see new expansions every 6 months and new classes every couple years and people forget the old issues and get distracted by the new ones. I see PWI flooding the market with coins through the Sarakkon (sp?) world boss on Saturdays with the #1 TW factions on Etherblade getting all the coins (600 million coins+) per week. People from the same faction are the ones buying the gold, amongst others. Also plenty of other things where PWI gives free coins. It used to be the cash shoppers relied on the free players, farming for coins, but atm, PWI is providing the coins. Games that are not subscription based need new free to play players to survive. PWI is making it harder and harder for new free to play players to get end game gears. Also, I look at the comments from some max out players and how they treat those who are new to the game. PWI might be on problem, but atm the player community is hostile toward each other, at least on the Etherblade server. Some who are maxed out, bully those who aren't. I might be wrong, but this is what I perceive based on observations and talking to others.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I sorta wonder whether anything will change. Been playing this game for over 6 years and seen plenty of forums where PWI asked for areas of improvement and nothing gets done. Usually I see new expansions every 6 months and new classes every couple years and people forget the old issues and get distracted by the new ones. I see PWI flooding the market with coins through the Sarakkon (sp?) world boss on Saturdays with the #1 TW factions on Etherblade getting all the coins (600 million coins+) per week. People from the same faction are the ones buying the gold, amongst others. Also plenty of other things where PWI gives free coins. It used to be the cash shoppers relied on the free players, farming for coins, but atm, PWI is providing the coins. Games that are not subscription based need new free to play players to survive. PWI is making it harder and harder for new free to play players to get end game gears. Also, I look at the comments from some max out players and how they treat those who are new to the game. PWI might be on problem, but atm the player community is hostile toward each other, at least on the Etherblade server. Some who are maxed out, bully those who aren't. I might be wrong, but this is what I perceive based on observations and talking to others.

I agree with you. This is perhaps the main reason why this game feels so dead now. Pretty much all ftp people that I knew quit during 2016-2018. And that is the time when PWCN and PWE became way more aggressive towards ftp people, completly destroying the in game economy. Also a lot of the moderate cashers and even some big spender left due their friends leaving or simply 'cause they felt the game changed too much in a bad way.

For me what killed this game and made me become a completly casual that logins now and then just to say hello to the few friends that still play was the game becoming what it is now.
    I do have good gear: r9s3 in multiple chars and a lot of g16 alts. I got most of my gear farming and being a merchant years ago. But I also put a good amount of real money in this game to speed up things.

But when you realize that the game has pretty much become a virtual casino with expensive chat and that there is no reward in playing it. That the most easy and fast way to get coin is lootbox RNG god. And the fact that almost all people you knew quit. Well there was no point for me to keep playing.

If the dev could fix the relation between ftp people and spenders, this game definitely could be saved. But as probably most people here know, China most likely would not listen. And of course there is the easy and fast money in the short term in the form of packs and keys generating billions in game that makes them ignore the real problems of this game, even if that means to shot their own feet and destroy the game.

If I could advice them to do something, it could be to make a way in which ftp non OP people can be part of the in game economy, a way of farming something that rich cashers need and that they can buy from other people. Something like how the old tt/warsong/nirvy used to be. Of course they would need to do this in a way that can not be abused.

But I guess something like that is too much work for them to even consider it.

Still, regardless of me not caring too much about this game anymore. I do hope they find a way to keep it alive, this mostly for the people that still enjoy it.

• hopeandkight
    hopeandkight Posts: 2 Arc User
    how come we didnt get a 4th spark for celestial saint. that cultivation was long..it would have been nice.
  • sunnys1dework
    sunnys1dework Posts: 33 Perfect World Employee
    Hey everyone, quick update: I should have some responses from the developers by the end of the week or early next week to share.