PWI Content feedback megathread

Comments

• dafreeeees#4542
    dafreeeees#4542 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Things that i think should change
    - Make more instances like the old DRAGON HIDDEN DEN (that instance had a lot of mechanics, beeing r9 or g16, if you did something wrong, u would die, but i did everything right you wouldnt die, which means everyone could do it as long as the player know how to play his toon). Our current dungeons are like if some1 do something wrong, every1 dies, not just the one who screwed and it isnt good.
    - New dungeons (should be more than one dungeon to farm the same thing, only one dungeon for a porpouse is boring).
    - Balacingg pvp (paralyse is way overpower, most classes cant even counter it like stun.
    - Veno pets are one shotted (if not by normal dmg, they get one shot by dot like WTF), making pets useless on pvp.
    - Bramble Guard and Bramble Hood should works on normal maps pvp (thats what they made for after all).
    - There should be new passives or even skills with the new boundary.
    - Increase the REWARDS of some instances
    - Change charm's price from event gold boutique (makes it same price as china exemple silver hp charm 6g and mp 3g, gold hp 10g and gold mp 5g)
    - Add dragon orbs to the event gold boutique (like china again, they have till +5)
    - Add exp mobs itens for low lvl players in the event gold (like china)

• kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I know this topic is about the latest expansion, but there is a problem that has existed since Wonderland, and it's still the same: the new Faction Base.

This new system is too arbitrary. Why such a ridiculous requirement of weekly points? Small factions have lost access to the base they've had work to do, and that's an injustice.

Why put only 3 Faction Goals and the worst possible dungeons?

A lot of people stopped playing because of this, and the devs does not seem to mind a bit about it.
  • hfdgrfd#6070
    hfdgrfd#6070 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please enable player to player Gold trade, for the actual Botique Gold. Auction House coin cap (4 mil) is long time outdated as Gold goes for 7mil. Players use Homestead to bypass this and are already selling Gold this way directly, but it's very complicated. Just enable direct Gold trading that withdraws 10% fee in the player-to-player trade window. Or remove AH cap
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    I know this topic is about the latest expansion, but there is a problem that has existed since Wonderland, and it's still the same: the new Faction Base.

This new system is too arbitrary. Why such a ridiculous requirement of weekly points? Small factions have lost access to the base they've had work to do, and that's an injustice.

Why put only 3 Faction Goals and the worst possible dungeons?

A lot of people stopped playing because of this, and the devs does not seem to mind a bit about it.

This. A million times this. Problem is, China doesn't care. China said that this system will not change. Not even be modified (lower points required to keep open, more points per run, etc) for our version.

They simply don't care about us in that way and the recent "design your mount" events feels more like a cookie given to us to keep us feel like we're considered.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Hey everyone, we're seeing a lot of great feedback, so keep it coming! I'll bullet point the issues being brought up come next week in the opening post.

I see that there's also some discussion happening about what kind of feedback the developers are looking for, so I want to clarify: Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion. The important thing for us is to make PWI more enjoyable for you.

Have a great weekend!

For everyone to know:
    post any suggestions in this thread.

Stop flaming a minute and try to explain your position calmly.

• sunnys1dework
    sunnys1dework Posts: 33 Perfect World Employee
    To be honest, I don't even know if China cares about PWI so I just roll with whatever we get. However, one thing PWE can do is to address the issues with Arc. I think it's embarrassing that the force log issue hasn't been fixed yet. Even if we keep Arc open at all times, the "reconnect" feature can fail and has failed. People get locked out of the game for 15 minutes or more. I know someone who got locked out of the game for an entire hour because he couldn't force log his account.

And now a personal annoyance: I don't know what Arc has done to PWI's game client but my old recording program wouldn't recognize the client after the forced Arc log in. I changed programs and after the recent issue of forcing people to re-download the game, my new recording program doesn't recognize the client anymore either. I found a solution in that the program recognizes PWI if I swap to fullscreen and then back to window mode (my preferred mode) but it's tiresome. I make guide/tutorial videos for other players so dealing with these shenanigans has been really annoying.

​​

Hey catgirldesu, sorry about your experience with the Arc client. I personally have a hard time with it as well. Have you or people you know submitted tickets about these issues? I have both our customer service team and engineering team working with me, so I can look into this and possibly escalate any fixes.
  • sunnys1dework
    aradriel wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    No idea why anyone is spamming suggestions when it's clearly asked for feedback of the current expansion...

No idea why you feel the need to call out people for offering feedback. Sunny did not say give feedback on the current expansion ONLY. He said to reply based on our "recent experience with the game." Yes, the questions he used as examples pertain to the expansion, but given the broadness of "recent experience" - I think a lot of us are taking this extremely rare chance to perhaps have our voices heard.

Honestly, this is a rare opportunity for the US/international team as well, as the developers are coming to us for the first time asking for feedback. I encourage all of you to voice your opinions about the game. Keep in mind too, that feedback about what you DO like can also help them take steps in the right direction.

I'm gathering these posts right now, and... wow, there's a lot.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    aradriel wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    No idea why anyone is spamming suggestions when it's clearly asked for feedback of the current expansion...

No idea why you feel the need to call out people for offering feedback. Sunny did not say give feedback on the current expansion ONLY. He said to reply based on our "recent experience with the game." Yes, the questions he used as examples pertain to the expansion, but given the broadness of "recent experience" - I think a lot of us are taking this extremely rare chance to perhaps have our voices heard.

Honestly, this is a rare opportunity for the US/international team as well, as the developers are coming to us for the first time asking for feedback. I encourage all of you to voice your opinions about the game. Keep in mind too, that feedback about what you DO like can also help them take steps in the right direction.

If you wanna have true and honest Feedback revolving PvP and the General Balance there...then I can give you one broken mechanic that should be fixed and I believe it would be rather easy for the chinese DEVs to fix this:

I am not sure if you know how the "STUN"-mechanic works in Perfect World. Stun makes it impossible for Players to perform skills, use pots and move. They can only use genie skills at most, only some of them, tho. Now, quite a few years ago the "paralyze"-mechanic got introduced into the game to counter-work some survival-mechanics and to lock People down even while they have them active, most prominently, purify spell/anti-stun. Anti-stun usually evades all stun and freeze effects, so you cannot be bound at place and not be stunned at all. Paralyze is OK, it is needed. You Need something to Counter the over-abundance of Anti-Stun some classes have. However, and now I am getting to the Point, paralyze in itself is too easily utilized and stacked and that is what is broken and needs to be fixed.

You see, when you use a stun effect and use another stun effect right after, before the other one expired, then the new stun will vanish. it does not stack. So if you wanna Keep someone in the "Stun"-state, you would have to use Timing to use the next stun perfectly after the old one runs out. This requires skill and encourages skill-full playstyles in General. The issue with paralyze is that it stacks. You dont Need Timing, you dont Need to coordinate it with your Team..if you have enough classes with paralyze then they can just all spam those skills and there will be absolutely no way for the victim to break free.

So what I am suggesting is: Make Paralyze work exactly like stun. This way People have to coordinate, time and are forced to Play better in General. Most People complain about Duskblades being too Broken and OP. Perform this one, simple fix, and they will be instantly perfectly balanced. So if they then use paralyze, they Need to wait before it runs out, otherwise they would waste a skill for nothing, just like it was in the good old days. Let me also remind you that some classes are still stuck with pure "Stun" skills..they cannot even utilize this mechanic at all. Paralyze in itself is way stronger than stun..due to the reasons mentioned above..but because it can just be spammed without any thought makes it ridiculously broken.

I know this might be overlooked..but in all honesty, this is the onyl truly broken Thing with PWI's PvP...well there is the genie block from mystics..but lets not get to that for now xD

Thank you for reading and considering my Suggestion! <3
  • sunnys1dework
    Hey everyone, I'm summarizing the feedback in the opening post. Please note that if you don't see something it doesn't mean the feedback was ignored, it just means either I haven't gotten to it yet or it's too specific, in which I have it documented offline.

This is all great feedback! I'm happy to see such specific and constructive suggestions, it speaks volumes about how dedicated this community is to the game.

There are a couple things here that I think I can address directly for the time being:
    • Arc Quests - This actually has been on my radar for awhile now. I'll talk to our Arc platform team to see if I can get some answers. Ideally I'd like to bring this feature back as well.
    • PvP Seasons - Working on it! Obviously with kalyst's recent departure some things are falling through the net, and unfortunately PvP Seasons is one of those things. I don't have a strict ETA that I can give, but please know that we're working on it to bringing it back.
    • Direct Q&A with developers - This might be a bit difficult given the language barrier, but I'll try to see if I can get some direct responses from them about some of these issues.
    • Arc Client - Forcing the Arc client was a direct response earlier this year to a flood of bot accounts on the platform, so we implemented it to prevent that from happening again. We're aware that this is negatively impacting a lot of users' experience, and I can say that we are actively working to resolve the issue. My team has been stonewalled on more than one occasion for the delivery of said resolution because of other priorities, but I'm hoping to get to this in the near future so everyone's lives can be a bit easier. The same can be said for the game reinstall problem (I even have the bug ticket open right now...).
    • Tome Refinement item pricing - Because Tome Refinement is a brand new system, we're not allowed to overly discount the items in the Boutique. Believe me, I'd love to fire sale these items as soon as I can, and hopefully all this feedback will make that time sooner than later. Unfortunately that's all I can do directly, and I'll have to find out more from the developers regarding other issues such as success rates and stat bonuses.

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @sunnys1dework
    It's good to know that you're on it and that (LE GASP!) China is considering us. All these problems comes from years and years and years of... I dare say "neglect" when it comes to our side of the pond. China does, but they have no consideration to our way of doing things.

Guild base locked behind points (a lot of small guilds either died or lost a lot of members due to this), key requirements for certain instances (i'd rather them lock down the daily reward with quest rather than locking the entire instance behind 1 key per day). Parties for Uncharted Paradise are nearly impossible to come across (especially if it's normal UP, or you just need first boss for culti), and even normal Dawnlight Halls falls into this problem (actually, no one wants to do normal DH. And deicide mode isn't exactly g16 friendly unless you have several r9 people to nuke it)

I'm sure there are other things that fall into this issue, but right now nothing comes to mind.

EDIT: Also, would have loved if we could craft A cards, since I'm still hunting that Mistress of Night for my cleric since the very moment cards came out...
    Post edited by ailiadrake on
  • moonizu
    moonizu Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Here is some positive feedback. I love all sort of events. They break your daily routines and give you something new to do and explore.

It's also nice to see new things added in Event Gold Boutique even if it's really rarely updated.

I also like the Transmutation system. It's really handy to get rid of useless items to get some useful items. This especially great for alts to make a little progress.

Post edited by moonizu on
  • sunlightfalls
    sunlightfalls Posts: 29 Arc User
    I havn't seen this issue addressed so i'd like to just mention it. Ancient Gifts. Yes I know at times they are added in as a charge reward item but not everyone charges. There are so many people who never got to take advantage of the Invite a Friend so they don't have tons of ancient gifts stacked up so they are a ways behind everyone else who can use them. Could ancient gifts maybe be put in at the same NPC where Lucky Coins are traded for useful items? At least the people who don't charge could buy lucky coins from catshops to use and trade for a daily ancient gift.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User

Thanks Sunny. I really do appreciate you making an appearance here and even just updating us on the status of some of these issues. Lack of communication since Kalyst left has been rough, so I'm grateful you're taking the time to come talk to us!

An actual response here from the devs on our biggest concerns would really be amazing as well - if you're able to get someone to be an intermediary and translate.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • sadlie
    sadlie Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hey everyone, I'm summarizing the feedback in the opening post. Please note that if you don't see something it doesn't mean the feedback was ignored, it just means either I haven't gotten to it yet or it's too specific, in which I have it documented offline.

This is all great feedback! I'm happy to see such specific and constructive suggestions, it speaks volumes about how dedicated this community is to the game.

There are a couple things here that I think I can address directly for the time being:
    • Arc Quests - This actually has been on my radar for awhile now. I'll talk to our Arc platform team to see if I can get some answers. Ideally I'd like to bring this feature back as well.
    • PvP Seasons - Working on it! Obviously with kalyst's recent departure some things are falling through the net, and unfortunately PvP Seasons is one of those things. I don't have a strict ETA that I can give, but please know that we're working on it to bringing it back.
    • Direct Q&A with developers - This might be a bit difficult given the language barrier, but I'll try to see if I can get some direct responses from them about some of these issues.
    • Arc Client - Forcing the Arc client was a direct response earlier this year to a flood of bot accounts on the platform, so we implemented it to prevent that from happening again. We're aware that this is negatively impacting a lot of users' experience, and I can say that we are actively working to resolve the issue. My team has been stonewalled on more than one occasion for the delivery of said resolution because of other priorities, but I'm hoping to get to this in the near future so everyone's lives can be a bit easier. The same can be said for the game reinstall problem (I even have the bug ticket open right now...).
    • Tome Refinement item pricing - Because Tome Refinement is a brand new system, we're not allowed to overly discount the items in the Boutique. Believe me, I'd love to fire sale these items as soon as I can, and hopefully all this feedback will make that time sooner than later. Unfortunately that's all I can do directly, and I'll have to find out more from the developers regarding other issues such as success rates and stat bonuses.

Glad to know that someone is finally willing to listen to our feedbacks. Population of the server is getting lesser and lesser everyday.

It is very difficult to find the squad or buy some stuffs. I've already stated some of the points that disappoints the players.

Pwi is a very good game and we love it. But, the game won't be fun with no or less number of players. I request you to consider all the feedbacks given by the players.

Save the game sunny, you are the only hope.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Honestly a long awaited fix is regarding auction house and a coin sink...
    My fix that I’ve pushed around for some time agrees with most of the player base last time I brought it up and even was stolen by some claiming the idea as their own...

Auction house gold buying/selling function has now become obsolete the reason being is that the end game items are pack based therefore raising the price of gold past he cap of 4mill, this and spend promos spend xyz gold get xyz item

Now solution, well before we get into that first things first too much coin in game check any active cat shop with a sin (10bill + in notes)

Now to solve it solution is... GM involvement
    What do I mean by this?
    Well during GM PK events items that GMs dropped sold for stupidly high prices this results in a coin sink to the community, except maybe the GM sells the items instead and for god sake not through auction house.

GM involvements also needed in the auction house say a GM logs and sells gold @10mill each through auction house during a spend promo magical the bills that people are sitting on end up on a GM toon resulting in coin stashes disappearing.

What would players buy with gold?
    Another suggestion is to sell dull zenith skulls in bulk and or a G17 4th or 5th cast item set to players for say I don’t know 10-15bill.
    Or to sell the full card set for warsong or lord of morai with 4 cards of each along with enough c packs to max out each card, this set would also include enough bloods to max out current active passives but would not give any sky lvl requiring players to farm for that bit and or buy lucky coins to achieve it
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    Honestly a long awaited fix is regarding auction house and a coin sink...
    My fix that I’ve pushed around for some time agrees with most of the player base last time I brought it up and even was stolen by some claiming the idea as their own...

Auction house gold buying/selling function has now become obsolete the reason being is that the end game items are pack based therefore raising the price of gold past he cap of 4mill, this and spend promos spend xyz gold get xyz item

Now solution, well before we get into that first things first too much coin in game check any active cat shop with a sin (10bill + in notes)

Now to solve it solution is... GM involvement
    What do I mean by this?
    Well during GM PK events items that GMs dropped sold for stupidly high prices this results in a coin sink to the community, except maybe the GM sells the items instead and for god sake not through auction house.

GM involvements also needed in the auction house say a GM logs and sells gold @10mill each through auction house during a spend promo magical the bills that people are sitting on end up on a GM toon resulting in coin stashes disappearing.

What would players buy with gold?
    Another suggestion is to sell dull zenith skulls in bulk and or a G17 4th or 5th cast item set to players for say I don’t know 10-15bill.
    Or to sell the full card set for warsong or lord of morai with 4 cards of each along with enough c packs to max out each card, this set would also include enough bloods to max out current active passives but would not give any sky lvl requiring players to farm for that bit and or buy lucky coins to achieve it

Assuming 75m skull shards, which his roughly average price across servers, you would spend 18.75b just on skulls for S4. So giving away S5 or even S4 for 10-15b would be ludicrous. What they could do, which I dont see CN disagreeing too much with, is set the skull shards on npc for like 80m. CN G17 mat prices are a fraction of what they are on our servers and they could even put it on their server w/o affecting anything there as nobody would be using said npc on their servers. Your suggestion would kill the last resort from farmers with HS and UP drops taking massive hit.

When time progresses they can cheapen skull shard prices as its already content thats been in game for years and imo the longer something has been out the cheaper it should become. And by that time we should have G17 armor patch, which will be something for farmers to farm instead.

Other than that, just remove the cap from AH and ppl can buy gold again, which should revitalize some markets.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    GM injected gold is what is needed
    saying 10-15bill for R4/R5 is just a bad estimate.... and I’m fully aware of that

Increasing AH cap will do nothing but cause the gold to go even higher resulting in more pricey items and in the end doing nothing.

Say a 3rd party such as a GM were to sell gold with an unlimited amount at 10mill per gold during a promo, not only would the gold get sold the coin itself is not re entering the game economy and is instead sitting on a GM toon which does nothing but stash gold and coins to inject and remove the stash from players in the game...

Let’s say we raise the cap to I don’t know 20mill not only will one greedy player go I want 20mill per gold that gold will eventually get sold resulting in the cap going up and eventually capping out once again which will then need another thread with a lot more QQ again and welp we back to square one.

Coding a simple script on a GM toon to say inject 10k gold during maintenance to be sold at 10mill each, through auction house, would eventually lower the cost of gold substantially as no player will be sitting on stashes of 10-20bill.
    You can also raise the cap to 10mill as well to give players the option to sell gold through ah as well but the GM injected gold would guarantee that gold price never rises over 10mill and eventually can be removed altogether.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Hey catgirldesu, sorry about your experience with the Arc client. I personally have a hard time with it as well. Have you or people you know submitted tickets about these issues? I have both our customer service team and engineering team working with me, so I can look into this and possibly escalate any fixes.

Thank you for the response! I've heard of other players who submitted tickets and more often than not the responses they received were "we're working on it" or "we'll look into it" so I considered it redundant to send one myself. I'm sure customer service is prone to getting flooded by the same type of tickets whenever an issue arises and this can make things harder/slower for them.

I really don't want to be disrespectful but sadly the truth is that Arc is a pretty bad platform and I know a lot of people who dislike it, myself included. PWE should invest more time/resources into improving it. Improvements should include the ability to turn off Arc Overlay so that it doesn't consume unnecessary resources, restore multi-client for the games that previously supported it, restore the force log function and probably look into the issue of Arc no longer recognizing PWI game files that were installed before the Arc era (currently the only known solution to this is through regedit). People just want to be able to easily log in and play without lag.

It would also be a good idea to bring back the Arc Quests and add more features that players actually want. We were promised a lot of things when Arc was introduced and we didn't get a single one of those things added.

​​
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    GM injected gold is what is needed
    saying 10-15bill for R4/R5 is just a bad estimate.... and I’m fully aware of that

Increasing AH cap will do nothing but cause the gold to go even higher resulting in more pricey items and in the end doing nothing.

Say a 3rd party such as a GM were to sell gold with an unlimited amount at 10mill per gold during a promo, not only would the gold get sold the coin itself is not re entering the game economy and is instead sitting on a GM toon which does nothing but stash gold and coins to inject and remove the stash from players in the game...

Let’s say we raise the cap to I don’t know 20mill not only will one greedy player go I want 20mill per gold that gold will eventually get sold resulting in the cap going up and eventually capping out once again which will then need another thread with a lot more QQ again and welp we back to square one.

Coding a simple script on a GM toon to say inject 10k gold during maintenance to be sold at 10mill each, through auction house, would eventually lower the cost of gold substantially as no player will be sitting on stashes of 10-20bill.
    You can also raise the cap to 10mill as well to give players the option to sell gold through ah as well but the GM injected gold would guarantee that gold price never rises over 10mill and eventually can be removed altogether.

Of course it will lower gold prices but you are never going to get PWE to agree to doing this. It will never gonna happen and as such advocating the "solution" is not only fruitless but takes focus of from things we might actually get to combat the problem.

You might be able to get them to setup npc to sell things at pretty hefty price - This would benefit both parties because big problem on our servers is there isnt simply enough supply of certain items like Zenith skulls. How is this gonna help PWE? They put npc at reasonable price to buy those from and ppl will charge to get them - Right now even if you charge its gonna take a while to buy your skulls for your wep, meaning less ppl are willing to do it.

I dont care as much bout gold price but the ability to buy gold at reasonable farming rate. Lower gold prices generally correlate with better farming ratio, if it takes ppl 1h to farm 1 gold or if its gonna take 2h for example. Thats, to me, what matters, not the arbitrary price of gold.

The fact you cant buy gold from AH is a huge problem on so many levels its not even funny any more. They need to fix it asap and hoping for "free gold from GMs" is not the answer. Would it be nice to have lower gold prices too as thats gonna help lower tier players? Yes but it shouldnt be the only or even main goal of why PWE needs to take action regarding AH cap.
  • sunnys1dework
    drheal wrote: »
    Hello thanks for asking! I'll provide a little feedback.

- Unsticky posts on general discussion. If ALL posts are sticked then None of them are.

Haha, good point. I'll get that taken care of.

• sunnys1dework
    I'd like to point out one thing which should answer some of the major overlapping themes behind a lot of the feedback I'm seeing.

A major reason for why rewards are constantly being moved to higher difficulty content, made untradeable, and with a lot of farming options removed, is the developers' attempts at combating Gold farming operations in China.

I'm not justifying their choices on this matter, but at least it's an explanation. For me, I question the effectiveness or even the necessity to begin with, and for sure the international market for the game shouldn't have this kind of problem, at least not to the degree where these kinds of design decisions need to be made.

This has been a hard-line stance the developers have taken for a long time; they want to make it as difficult as possible for Gold farmers to profit from the game. Unfortunately, this also means legitimate players like you and I will and have suffered for it.

That said, I'll keep pushing them on the subject. If they can be convinced then it will show as better content updates and patches in the future.
  • sunnys1dework

Thank you for the response! I've heard of other players who submitted tickets and more often than not the responses they received were "we're working on it" or "we'll look into it" so I considered it redundant to send one myself. I'm sure customer service is prone to getting flooded by the same type of tickets whenever an issue arises and this can make things harder/slower for them.

I really don't want to be disrespectful but sadly the truth is that Arc is a pretty bad platform and I know a lot of people who dislike it, myself included. PWE should invest more time/resources into improving it. Improvements should include the ability to turn off Arc Overlay so that it doesn't consume unnecessary resources, restore multi-client for the games that previously supported it, restore the force log function and probably look into the issue of Arc no longer recognizing PWI game files that were installed before the Arc era (currently the only known solution to this is through regedit). People just want to be able to easily log in and play without lag.

It would also be a good idea to bring back the Arc Quests and add more features that players actually want. We were promised a lot of things when Arc was introduced and we didn't get a single one of those things added.

​​

Understood! I'm aware that a lot of things have been said or promised in the past before regarding Arc. While I can't give any specifics or promises, my team is in a position to influence platform improvements and we'll continue to escalate these long-standing issues.

I'd personally be very disappointed in myself if I couldn't follow through.
  • sunnys1dework
    Here is one current issue which you never fixed from last year. Stop allowing the faction points to reset after a time change. We had a time change today and all the faction points are reset.

Yeah, that really is one of those problems that... shouldn't be a problem, but here we are anyway (and I don't have a clear answer as to why either!). I'm sorry this keeps happening. There's going to be a hefty compensation code rolling out some time this Thursday. It's not going to make up for the faction point loss, but I hope it's at least something.
  • sunnys1dework
    asterelle wrote: »
    Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion. The important thing for us is to make PWI more enjoyable for you.

Have a great weekend!
    Can I address some long-standing archer bugs that I've been complaining about but no action has been taken?

-Blazing Arrow self buff can not be refreshed. It lasts for 15 minutes but the skill has a 3 second cooldown. You have to wait for it to go out before rebuffing. Often times it goes out in the middle of a battle which is inconvenient! Allow it to be refreshed.

-Blessing of the Condor removes the Archer evasion buff. The evasion buff lasts some 30 minutes but it is overbuffed by a skill that lasts a few seconds. A 30 minute buff should never be removed by a buff that's a few seconds long. Assassin's bloodpaint for example is not removed by blood frenzy. Venomancer Bramble Guard is not removed by bramble hood. Barb's beast king inspiration is not removed by tree of protection. Switch the archer squad evasion buff to a unique icon.

-Holy path and other short speed skill removes Archer squad speed buff. This is the same category as the evasion buff issue. A squad buff is how a character contributes to the squad and is supposed to last for a long duration like 30 minutes. It should not be removed by any buff that lasts for a few seconds. Archer's squad speed buff shares the same icon as many very short but strong speed skills. Meanwhile veno and other classes have speed buffs that do not share icons. Switch the archer speed buff to a unique icon already.

-Whisper Shot seal lasts for 2 seconds instead of the advertised 3 seconds. The chinese skill description also says 3 seconds so this is a bug.

-A fully charged Argent-glyphed ΨStunning Arrow stun lasts 1 second shorter than advertised.

-Blood Vow needs a unique debuff icon so it doesn't a Blademaster's Heaven Flame. This one is more of a request but it fixes a lot of issues archers have in PVE squad content. Right now Blood Vow interferes with the BM's Heaven Flame skill and because Heaven's Flame is much stronger the archer skill is almost never used in squad based PVE content. You don't even want to do the risk of over buffing the BM skill. Because of this archer is not really able to contribute a useful debuff and combined with the lack of useful squad buffs and mediocre damage archers are generally seen as liabilities instead useful in late game squad content. If Blood Vow had a unique icon and didn't interfere with other debuffs archers would be able to contribute a 25% damage amplification debuff which is inline or lower than what other classes are able to contribute to squads.

Giving Blood Vow a unique debuff icon won't change PVP balance since control skills like stun and paralyze are generally used much more often than damage amplification debuffs so it is rare for two damage amplification skills to be used.
    ​​

Wow, thanks for this extensive write up! I'll get them to take a closer look at these bugs.
  • dafreeeees#4542
    dafreeeees#4542 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hey @sunnys1dework ,

I know what i'm gonna say and ask isnt all about PWI (yet) but here is goes.

Could you ask chinese team to check new classes (paladin and gunner) TT and LUNAR gear (they didnt made TT and LUNAR gear for those classes) before it comes to PWI so when it comes to PWI we can make a g15 or even g16 ?
    Any chance to ask them to fix paladin's shield (it looks upside down when they're flying) ?
    And most important, Any chance to ask them to upgrade BRAMBLE GUARD (Venomancer buff) for an AOE version? It sucks to buff one by one x.x
    Thank you so much.
  • sunnys1dework
    Hey @sunnys1dework ,

I know what i'm gonna say and ask isnt all about PWI (yet) but here is goes.

Could you ask chinese team to check new classes (paladin and gunner) TT and LUNAR gear (they didnt made TT and LUNAR gear for those classes) before it comes to PWI so when it comes to PWI we can make a g15 or even g16 ?
    Any chance to ask them to fix paladin's shield (it looks upside down when they're flying) ?
    And most important, Any chance to ask them to upgrade BRAMBLE GUARD (Venomancer buff) for an AOE version? It sucks to buff one by one x.x
    Thank you so much.

I'll forward them these suggestions. Thanks for chiming in!

I'm totally on board with making an AoE version of Bramble Guard. I remember the days of vanilla World of Warcraft when you had to buff your other 39 raid members one by one...
  • dchild
    dchild Posts: 16 Arc User
    just take ideas from final fantasy 11, that game release before this game and it still going.

1. ffxi, they made older content easier so that weaker or new players can solo alot of it.
    2. I'd say make it easier for people to make money with that shape the prices are in game... even just enough for teleports, gear repair, elysium daily upkeep etc. It like they keep adding stuff that eat up coin but not ways to earn it.
    3. I think the new dungeons are ridiculous, i say make normal mode for fsp, ddh and etc doable by g16. and remove instance kill stuff. Decide and judgement mode for peeps that like that stuff.
    4. another server merge?

thats my 2 cents take it or leave it
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    The auto attack on most of the BM skills need to be removed. You can't use regular attacks in things like UP and DH but almost all BM skills have an auto attack after it. And can we please have some upgrades, BM's have been left behind.
  • ilmforever
    ilmforever Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't know if this subject has been discussed so far, but i really want the developers to know that it is NOT okay to make new skills with new visual effects yet with NO sound. Particularly I am speaking about the recently added glyph-versions of skills, some of which featured new animations (e.g Ironheart Blessing, Venomous Scarab, Nature's Vengeance etc), but had sound effects missing. So not only you've replaced the good old animations, but there's also no sound when the skill is being cast. I think this has to be finally fixed.

Also, the funny situation with footstep sound effect being played at the moment when you're driving the car in Wonderland race, or when you're doing some of the Western Steppes dailys that imply wheat gathering in some sort of robotic machine. Like, can't you find some suitable sounds to be put there instead? I hope that could be fixed as well. Thank you.
  • justoutofhope
    justoutofhope Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been playing PWI for at least 9 years and have never wrote in forum. I read it always, but most points are addressed that I have had except for this time. So this will be 9 years of thoughts I have had, here it comes.

1) I do not think I am alone in this, but i have about 2+ rows of items from event items to turn in that i have saved waiting for PWI to bring back the event. And, every year they just make new ones and i still have old items. I personally love events and would like to see some old ones brought back like Celestial Tigers, Tsuchun's Treasure and more from the past. I know people who use to plan to sign in to PWI just to do Celestial Tiger, then end up spending a few hours or more after because they would start doing other things. My way of thinking, once you find something people sign in to do events , most will stay longer.

2) This one I have never seen happen with a GM before. I suggest you have events in world chat where people can guess questions or find a person, like hide and seek. The other night someone did that in world chat, he had people guessing questions and winner got 1million each correct answer. To a lot 1 million is not alot of coin but this is not so much as get rich off it but to have fun with the possibility of a small reward.

3) The instant level to 100 pills have slowly killed any new members staying, after they found pwi. What I mean by this is, your a brand new person and you join pwi for first time. You have no idea what class you are playing does, you have no idea about what skills to use and then you click the pill. Poof your 100 with no skills, no idea how to play and no coin since you did not do a quest to earn any. Your faced with 2 ways to do it first you could do auto to kill mobs and get coin, but you cannot do that cause mobs that drop most coins for your level are not able to be killed with lvl 99 tt gear and you have no clue how to kill mobs because you never took time to learn class your playing. Or, your second option is buy gold and get crafts books and level your crafts so you can kill stuff and level the armor. But here is the issue I see, why would a brand new player to pwi wanna spend real money on a f2p game enless they planned on staying a long time. But since they have no clue how to play and it takes time to farm mats to upgrade crafts and make g16 armor, that new to pwi player quits. Why do they quit because it was so easy to get to 100 by one click but so hard to do anything cause they are so weak. I have been in a faction and seen a new to game player start, faction help them with all their culti so they can do rebirth only to see them quit game because as most say to me ' Its to hard'. I think a pill from 50 or 60 to 100 would be better, at least let the brand new player get use to class before giving them free tt99 armor and fast levels. From what i see a lot of people use the pills only to do bh or farm jollys when they get toon back to 80.

4)Make something in the base so all levels can contribute. As it is now, in the faction I am in currently, we are a pve all level faction. We have people join us get rewards from all the hard work the higher levels have done and as soon as they are 100 rb2 they move on. The main reason I think they do that is, if at lower levels you cannot participate in keeping base opened and feel like your part of a faction, why would you wanna stay longer.

5)Communication with players on issues, problems and just keep lines of communication opened. I know you have an excellent staff when it comes to tickets, I have filed a few in the years I have been playing and always had it resolved fairly quickly. But, I would love to see someone more active in forum for issues like, the server reset of base points. No one has ever addressed that from this year or last. And the quicker someone addresses issues like that the better people feel. I myself sometimes think PWI dropped the ball and put GM and other help staff in other games, they forgot there is still a loyal base of people who play here. It would not take much time to write a few lines, that someone other then players are aware of issues and your loooking into it.

6) The new graphics are great but less chance to turn them down. Some people have older systems and have always relied on turning down graphics, with new update to turn them down does not make game run smoother.

7)Some older players do return to game around certain times of year, like anniversary and Christmas. Some after joining, remember why they quit and leave again. Some of them, me included when i quit for a year was frustration. New content is coming out in every update now, and enless your r9 or g16 +10 its hard to do. But you need to do instances to get items to upgrade your toon but you die or do not finish it. So then your faced with 2 options join a faction with op people and let them nuke everything for you, while you feel useless and even all the hours you farmed your gear its not good enough or you eventually get frustrated and quit game for a while or ever.

8)Please fix some issues before you add more new stuff. The on screen auto quester is not working, you click on it and it does not move you to where your suppose to go. So many skill descriptions are written wrong, to many to list here.

9) All things considered i like PW as a whole with a few changes written above it would be more fun. I know this was addressed but please fix ARC, look into ARC quests again and one thing i did not see was DQ points. I use to love doing that to get new clothes or pet or charms, that way drops worth 1coin become more fun to get. I know I did a lot of writing and I only hope someone who can change things reads this. Thanks for your time of reading my stories for each point lol.