PWI Content feedback megathread

Comments

• indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    Perhaps it would be useful to have the problems with arc fixed.
  • evilhearted22
    evilhearted22 Posts: 14 Arc User
    For the new expansion:
    Indifferent to the Royal Sky level, honestly.

Happy to see 999 as a MBH since I actually like the dungeon.

I like the aesthetic of the Cuteball Village. (I'm a sucker for cutesy things, but also for cutesy things with a touch of creepy)

Not a big fan of the tome refinement. Also I don't really think the language in the cash shop on the tome refine items was clear enough. I think there needs to be more ways to earn refinement aids. The animation is okay the first time, annoying the 10th time.

Wish there would be another weekly boss in NF, maybe with a quest to earn some of the new items.

Do not like the new walking quest making your screen go black and randomly stun you outside of sz. The ghost thing is cute, don't really mind walking quests themselves and it's an OK length.

Overall I just feel kind of "meh" about the latest expansion. :/

(Also, not your job as a Dev, but somebody at PWE REALLY needs to come and say something about the whole "ARC making people re-download the entire game" bug because it's not even clear if PWE Staff is aware or working on it; in a sticky/pinned thread maybe)
    Characters:
    JustAllEvils, Dawnglory veno
  • sunnys1dework
    sunnys1dework Posts: 33 Perfect World Employee
    Hey everyone, we're seeing a lot of great feedback, so keep it coming! I'll bullet point the issues being brought up come next week in the opening post.

I see that there's also some discussion happening about what kind of feedback the developers are looking for, so I want to clarify: Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion. The important thing for us is to make PWI more enjoyable for you.

Have a great weekend!
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Is it even possible last i check china owned and pwi is just renting the license there are a few small tweaks for are version but last i check we cant do anything major like getting rid of the rent for owning a guild the anointing monthly quota
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hey everyone, we're seeing a lot of great feedback, so keep it coming! I'll bullet point the issues being brought up come next week in the opening post.

I see that there's also some discussion happening about what kind of feedback the developers are looking for, so I want to clarify: Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion. The important thing for us is to make PWI more enjoyable for you.

Have a great weekend!

it would be amazing to have a cross server commission shop, that will make things easier to obtain and also if we can get cross server Auction house with no limit on the gold price.

• drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Hello thanks for asking! I'll provide a little feedback.

- Unsticky posts on general discussion. If ALL posts are sticked then None of them are.

- Switch to a model where if you can't farm something in game, then don't have it available in cash shop.

- More events for low cash shopping players, vs only weekly content for cash shoppers.

- Ability to run cat shop while offline OR reduce cost of commission shop. (Commission shop is how you can have a shop set up offline, but it costs a lot of cash shop money to run every day. So you have to turn a very high profit to own one.)

- New server, event, content, promises to have more players. Like MS2 committed to not being pay to win and as of yet are not.
  • akemaa#4373
    akemaa#4373 Posts: 17 Arc User
    add ability refine tome with orbs
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion. The important thing for us is to make PWI more enjoyable for you.

Have a great weekend!
    Can I address some long-standing archer bugs that I've been complaining about but no action has been taken?

-Blazing Arrow self buff can not be refreshed. It lasts for 15 minutes but the skill has a 3 second cooldown. You have to wait for it to go out before rebuffing. Often times it goes out in the middle of a battle which is inconvenient! Allow it to be refreshed.

-Blessing of the Condor removes the Archer evasion buff. The evasion buff lasts some 30 minutes but it is overbuffed by a skill that lasts a few seconds. A 30 minute buff should never be removed by a buff that's a few seconds long. Assassin's bloodpaint for example is not removed by blood frenzy. Venomancer Bramble Guard is not removed by bramble hood. Barb's beast king inspiration is not removed by tree of protection. Switch the archer squad evasion buff to a unique icon.

-Holy path and other short speed skill removes Archer squad speed buff. This is the same category as the evasion buff issue. A squad buff is how a character contributes to the squad and is supposed to last for a long duration like 30 minutes. It should not be removed by any buff that lasts for a few seconds. Archer's squad speed buff shares the same icon as many very short but strong speed skills. Meanwhile veno and other classes have speed buffs that do not share icons. Switch the archer speed buff to a unique icon already.

-Whisper Shot seal lasts for 2 seconds instead of the advertised 3 seconds. The chinese skill description also says 3 seconds so this is a bug.

-A fully charged Argent-glyphed ΨStunning Arrow stun lasts 1 second shorter than advertised.

-Blood Vow needs a unique debuff icon so it doesn't a Blademaster's Heaven Flame. This one is more of a request but it fixes a lot of issues archers have in PVE squad content. Right now Blood Vow interferes with the BM's Heaven Flame skill and because Heaven's Flame is much stronger the archer skill is almost never used in squad based PVE content. You don't even want to do the risk of over buffing the BM skill. Because of this archer is not really able to contribute a useful debuff and combined with the lack of useful squad buffs and mediocre damage archers are generally seen as liabilities instead useful in late game squad content. If Blood Vow had a unique icon and didn't interfere with other debuffs archers would be able to contribute a 25% damage amplification debuff which is inline or lower than what other classes are able to contribute to squads.

Giving Blood Vow a unique debuff icon won't change PVP balance since control skills like stun and paralyze are generally used much more often than damage amplification debuffs so it is rare for two damage amplification skills to be used.
    ​​
  • evilhearted22
    evilhearted22 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Oh, if it's ANY feedback..

I'd really like more fashion like the Festive Snowman set that has a little pet/animal that moves behind it. I'm not usually hugely into fashion but that one impressed me last year.

I want open world bramble back in PvP.

A personal pet in your HS like the faction base one that could give rewards would be cool.
    Characters:
    JustAllEvils, Dawnglory veno
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Against probably popular opinion, I'd love to see another Reawakening for the community, especially since more and more sky levels keep coming out.
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xymjuhi
    xymjuhi Posts: 5 Arc User
    "How do you feel about the Royal Sky boundary level?"
    It's ok but Royal Sky 1 and the following, should be able to get 20.000 Vitae from mobs aswell.

"How do you like Tome Refinement?"
    Way to pricey! Over 100 Gold for +6?! And you cant use the regular refining aids on those, not nice. but THE WORST, why does the tome have to BIND on refine?! Tradeable tomes were the last support you could give to your growing alts temporary. Don't we have enough bound gear already? Everything is bound: cards, r9, g17, starcharts, Arigora Colosseum gear and Twilight Temple made gears. Is Perfect World Games company trying to turn PWI into another game with no economy, no merchants besides the pack items flow? #UnbindTomes #UnbindWarAvatars Unbinding Stone for the win! I don't care if unbinding stone price was ridiculous, i would buy it.

"Are you enjoying the new areas in Western Steppes?"
    Can you make Sapphire Panther at Cuteball Village tame-able and lvl 100? They are too adorable. And entire Neverfall map doesnt provide a single new veno pet :(
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    xymjuhi wrote: »

"Are you enjoying the new areas in Western Steppes?"
    Can you make Sapphire Panther at Cuteball Village tame-able and lvl 100? They are too adorable. And entire Neverfall map doesnt provide a single new veno pet :(

If they ever going to do anything about pets, it would be good to add inherited spirit stat, cause pets don't have and after every expantion that add some spirit they are getting more and more obsolete, they are already 1 shots.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    so I want to clarify: Any feedback about the game is welcome, we want to make this an open-ended discussion.

I'm with my favourite topic.
    Is it possible to make arena opened 24/7 again? I know that many people (including myself) stopped attending it. And if for some reason it has to work only 12 hours, the time choice is bad for everyone. It closes approximately at 5am for USA. I wonder who in USA does arena till the time? For EU it's sometimes essential, sometimes just really bad. It affects everyone in the end: less people attending, less squads participating, less fun for those who come, less interest to the game in general.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    asterelle wrote: »

How come class balance is still not addressed? The old classes like archer and wiz have no tools to keep up with all the strong skills given to newer classes.

How about you guys host a Q & A directly with devs so we can air our balance grievances?
    ​​

Here is my suggestion for Wizards how about reducing the cool down of Distance Shrink to 5 seconds and also increasing the % of Element Shell to 50% chance to purify including yourself and team mates?

I think the cost of tome refinement is a bit much 100 gold for 100% chance +6 +7 +8 refinement is a bit much and it further increase the gap between F2P vs Paying players.

Stormbringer: Churning Vortex ground usable only.

The only GOP
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Okay, here goes: first off a question, wiil there be a permanent daily added after the map is unlocked, to get the additional two badges plus experience? Otherwise what's the point of this so called update? Most people have already said it, it was a pretty "meh" update. I do like the chance to get more badges(I don't do DHD and probably never will). I was hoping another questline would open up, with experience and not just vitae.

I'm going to add what others have already voiced, please fix the Force Log and enable multi-clienting! Also, since the addition of Adventure Kingdom update, just changing characters is slower. Maybe the screens are too busy now but it's a noticeable difference just going from character to character on the same account! And the gameplay has been even SLOWER since this last Royal Sky "Update". And only a county was opened up in the Western Steppes! I noticed the new map doesn't line up good with the old in Neverfall(you can see it in the mini map).

As for an idea, here's one I've had for a LONG time, introduce gear skins, some even rare, that can be Farmed and made from mats that drop and even additionally from dailies that can be done in OHT by anyone within, of course, a certain level. Make OHT viable for more than just culti. But the server would randomly move where the mats would drop(to different mobs and different quests) so no one could outfarm someone else and monopolize an area. Also, if you got full sets of gear with skins they could add a bonus, for say G13 and up or even G15 and up. Of course rare gear skins could have 2 bonuses and a slightly different look. And make the skins(before attaching) tradable. Another game I played before PWI had rare gear sets and in their expansion made them socketable as well. They gave you hints on where these might drop.

Anyways, it's a way for the free player(like in other MMORPG's) to get something that a cash player can't get or doesn't want to take time to get. Like more than a few people have already said, this game just keeps heading further and further from a balanced lower/mid level and high level game(when I first started over seven years ago) to high level/endgame gear PVP kind of game. I fell in love with this game and ALL it's content! I still have my very first OHT helm I ever made(on an alt) and it was old school OP(came out with Four Sockets Str +, HP++ :o

Okay, that's my two cents worth, I do hope their is more to do in the next area/update than just 1 or two dailies! B) Also want to add that I don't really think we need yet another cave/instance where just the "OP" players can go! Add more to the world maps or even more questlines(content) to all the maps now open(for level 100+)? :o
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    joshuason wrote: »
    Okay, here goes: first off a question, wiil there be a permanent daily added after the map is unlocked, to get the additional two badges plus experience?

Yep, we'll get the daily quest Reborn in Fire which should have the same rewards. You can see it from the calendar under the navmap that we will get it once the Permanent Ban Lifted phase is done.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sadlie
    sadlie Posts: 12 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

How come class balance is still not addressed? The old classes like archer and wiz have no tools to keep up with all the strong skills given to newer classes.

How about you guys host a Q & A directly with devs so we can air our balance grievances?
    ​​

Here is my suggestion for Wizards how about reducing the cool down of Distance Shrink to 5 seconds and also increasing the % of Element Shell to 50% chance to purify including yourself and team mates?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I wish they reduce the cool down of morning dew. It takes 4.5 seconds to heal and most of the time I die before I finish my heal :(

Also, it would be great, if we have purify stat with glyph just like mystic.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pwi should give some some quests that gives star chart stuffs for toons that hits 100. Now, they don't have any option apart from IU and, i don't see much IU squads recently. Pwi shouldn't have moved them from FSJ.

Arc issue must be addressed, some instances take about 2 hours of time and when we get dced, we should have the ability to force log and join the squad again instead of waiting for 15 mins. Most of the squads ignores the person who got dced and finish the run, before they login again. Honestly, It is annoying to redo the dungeon again.

New players must have an option to make some coins. Jolly jones quest is good, but it stops at 80. Most of the squad expect the players to have atleast g16, which cost over 300m. I don't think they have any option to make that much coins before they hit 100.

The current game is filled with old players along with their alts. New people are literally scared to try the game because it is too difficult to survive. This game should motivate the new players and get more players into this game.

Tome refinement is a pain. You shouldn't force the players to bind their tome. Most of they share their tome with their alt. Binding them, force us to buy more tomes.

New expansion is almost horrible. It is good to see new locations, but Royal sky doesn't give any passive skill upgrades. It simply gives us more work to increase spirit and stay along with others. Mobs that gives spirit is a pain in the ****. People with good gears can alone grind them, g16 toons take forever to kill them (not all g16 toons can kill them).

Developers should make a g16 wiz and try to kill one of them. The wizzy will lick the ground before finishing the 4.5 seconds healing skill.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Server lag is the other issue. Most of them face it. This must be addressed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You should give us an option to make babies after getting married. Someone called my husband infertile after 2 years of relationship.

* Skip it, that is a joke *

• joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    @obielle Thank you! :)
  • sadlie
    sadlie Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Please ignore this
    Post edited by sadlie on
  • shocky#9842
    shocky#9842 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi all,

The PWI development team would like to hear from you about your recent experience with the game. Consider questions like, "How do you feel about the Royal Sky boundary level?", "How do you like Tome Refinement?", "Are you enjoying the new areas in Western Steppes?", and many more.

Your feedback will greatly help them develop better content more suited to your liking.

As usual, especially in a discussion thread like this, please remain civil and refer to the forum guidelines on conduct.

Thank you everyone for your time, we're looking forward to what you have to say.

Meanwhile, please also redeem hQOZqHmo for 3x War Avatar Pack S. This code is redeemable once per account and will expire on 12/1/2018.

• shocky#9842
    shocky#9842 Posts: 3 Arc User
    The auction house gold buy price needs to be fixed, costs you money to try buy gold at 4 mill, yet its sold for 8mill outside auction house, so you just loose money, whats the use of it??
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    adding another one is about the issue of BIG WHALES of pwi. and Coin Sellers/ jenzo games.
    Those two add to the problems. big whales have nothing to spend money on. if they have 12 r9 alts.. that's it for them. they are the ones capable of selling coins to jenzo games coz the rest of the server/people in the server can't even get 10m daily lmao. they buy gold higher than everyone else. and they sell gold higher than everyone else also. so you know. these accounts who has billions of coins in bank should be investigated for coin selling.
    but i doubt pwi will do actions against these people. .. they buy gold occassionally so they practically immune to ban..

and also hero pls do a better job censoring the forum. hate inducing post of joe is not getting deleted and my post with just another word of **** is deleted.. ty . dont be cs'er friendly just coz joe spends tons of money in pwi. ty
  • silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    Okay here's some feedback.

On the Royal Sky boundary level: the experience with gaining vitae has been shortened somewhat and the dailies which remain after Royal Sky have been lessened, but you have left us with the longest and most tedious dailies. (Resistance Force Leader is nothing but absolute boredom, as is War O' Mine quest.) While I appreciate that daily quests are part of how you keep people logging in, at least give us something more interesting to do than journey around talking to NPCs everyday. By interesting, I do not mean PK, I mean kill quests where we get to actually enjoy the combat system.

The addition of vitae mobs is actually a pretty good idea and one of the better things about the update. It's actually really good that the mobs can still grant vitae to people outside of squad based on how much damage is dealt, so theoretically anyone can complete their daily limit and drama between players over "kill stealing" has been somewhat reduced (although not eradicated as some are still - understandably perhaps - touchy about getting all the vitae out of their mob kill). Not all of us love PK or thrive on drama, so we like friendly content that rewards strength without taking away opportunities.

Tome refining has been a much more mixed bag. It's extremely questionable that you made it a requirement to bind a tome to refine it, as this seems purely motivated by making us have to get another extremely-expensive tome for alternative accounts. In addition the sudden unexpected changes to the tome crafting system were unnecessary, unhelpful and over-complicated. Nobody has gained anything out of those changes, instead people are struggling to make new tomes. Although I appreciate increasing complexity and depth in how to improve our characters, both these changes were basically negative from the players point of view. Even people who adore PvP and who can afford to come close to maxing out a toon will not particularly appreciate needing to +12 yet another item, much less with how expensive it has been made to do so.

The new areas in the Western Steppes are gorgeous and interesting, and I must note some improvement in the stories we see in the vitae quest. I hope that the writing in PWI continues to improve and we get to do more general adventuring to keep the game fresh. As someone who holds a qualification in writing, I have to be blunt - the English grammar and spelling in PWI's quest text has never reached a good standard (I've found literally hundreds of basic mistakes over the years) and the writing has never been the strongest point in the game but this is improving recently. The quest text is a very effective (and cheap) area for PWI to improve with minimum effort, so I hope to see this continue. With stronger reasons to care about an NPC or character, we may feel more engaged with the quests we do.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • shade13
    This thread is gonna turn into complain-what-you-dislike-more-about-the-game topic, reach 938473 pages and get forgotten like any other. We have suggestion box section, where every problem can be discussed separately.

It would be better at least to divide discussion into several ways:
    - something only devs can change, not affecting overall game balance
    - balance issues
    - something PWE can change on its own, not affecting gameplay
    - /add yours/

Seriously, who remembers anything devs did on PWI players request? It's useless to talk about skills and quests changing. It's more productive to focus on the 3d point.
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mankiller
    mankiller Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    PVP need some rebalance. Sin/db mostly the one killing player while older class like archer can't live longer because lack of def skill or being LA.
    Post edited by mankiller on
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    This thread is gonna turn into complain-what-you-dislike-more-about-the-game topic, reach 938473 pages and get forgotten like any other. We have suggestion box section, where every problem can be discussed separately.

It would be better at least to divide discussion into several ways:
    - something only devs can change, not affecting overall game balance
    - balance issues
    - something PWE can change on its own, not affecting gameplay
    - /add yours/

Seriously, who remembers anything devs did on PWI players request? It's useless to talk about skills and quests changing. It's more productive to focus on the 3d point.

That is, the most intelligent post I've come across on this forum. A chance to offer constructive feedback to allegedly improve the quality of the product, alot may see it as silly as it sounds....a way to Insult the game or GMs/devs because they dont like the current product. Which would serve no purpose.

As for the feedback itself, I think everything is pretty much fine the way it is however, I think the Spirit stat in the game should be acquired more easily. I know the repercussions it might cause but i still think it's worth it overall. The main thing these users allegedly want are:

1. A way to make skill of the player be the deciding factor in PVP. For the most part at least, Users that spend real money on High end gear should always be the victor of course, But i've always found the One-shot mechanics in MMo's silly. I mean who wants their character to be put down like virtual trash and be Okay with it? lol

2. Challenging quest/dungeons/mobs. Not ones that just One shot kill you if you step on the wrong floor tile. Ones that get you to think about how to kill the bosses in it, maybe flood the place with challenging mobs on the way to the boss. Maybe give a bonus to a rainbow squad. Maybe the boss takes down a Percentage of HP with it's aoe/attacks instead of the usual One-shot death.

3. A stable economy, and a place where you can make reasonable in-game coin. Something like another user above mentioned, lets say 10m coins, that today would not be any real profit, but it's still something in that scenario. But this one here is alot more easier said than done.

I think if you can improve the experience of a new user as well as a returning one or one that even still plays at the same time, then that would make alot of the alleged unhappy users, happy again. However, alot just love to complain just for complaint's sake.
  • mrxluo
    mrxluo Posts: 7 Arc User
    I say sell a item to decrease ingame coin from mechant maybe something player need everyday
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Here is one current issue which you never fixed from last year. Stop allowing the faction points to reset after a time change. We had a time change today and all the faction points are reset.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »

I remember such doings:

1. In high level instances bosses now usually have anti-aps buffs.

PWI_Wiki wrote:
    High APS Damage Reduction

When the attack rate of your character is either 4.0 or 5.0 attacks per second, damage done by normal attacks is reduced by 5%. This damage reduction was added in the Descent expansion and does not otherwise show up in your character info window. There is also an unconfirmed 20% loss of accuracy with 4.0 and 5.0 attack rates.

3. Reduction of the DQ items value to 1 coin (death of bot induced inflation).

• shade13
    @magicsabre
    Reduction of the DQ items value was made because of a huge abuse of botting system in PWCN. PWI never had such problem, at least in comparison to China. As for anti-aps, I'm not sure, but suspect chinese playerbase also played the most significant role here.
    Sg4FlzA.png