Tideswell maintenance: amount and frequency

Does anyone has an idea why the other servers are happily playing and Tideswell is offline for hours at an end, every other week?

First time I thought the place was flooded, second time I assumed server had burned to the ground.. but then, these maintenance blocks are planned, so it can't be an accident. And then, how many accidents can happen at one server? So it is maintenance, but how much maintenance can ONE server be needing? The other servers are working wonderful... just Tideswell is offline a LOT....

Anyone a clue?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Based on the most recent news post for the maintenances, they are upgrading the Tideswell servers. Couldn't say how they are upgrading them exactly, but doubt we'd see many changes in-game because they'd probably be hardware-related. They probably need to do this a few times instead of doing it in one massive block.

Below is a quote from the news post:
    We will be performing two special maintenances that will affect our East Coast server, Tideswell. During these times, our engineers will be performing server upgrades and adjustments.

I haven't checked all other games, but east coast servers on Forsaken World have been getting these maintenances as well. I'd guess that they're upgrading multiple of their east coast servers across the platform. There was a similar thing happening with Dawnglory and other servers (probably also European ones) some months back.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • fruitigs
    fruitigs Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wasn't playing a few months back so I did miss this happening to the other servers.
    thnx Roxxannae
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Dawnglory had the same issues a few months ago :)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,805 Community Moderator
    fruitigs wrote: »
    I wasn't playing a few months back so I did miss this happening to the other servers.
    thnx Roxxannae

Hi, yes some of the other servers have had the same maint. These upgrades and or changes need to be done outside of normal maint times as they each have their own reasons for the downtime and maint.

I'm sure the team are doing what they can to minimise disruption.

Any other questions please feel to ask, if I or anyone else can help we will.

Thanks.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    I play on Tidewell and yes it is a disruption of our playing time. But, thank goodness they are hopefully repairing the various problems. I do wish they would tell us the kind of repairs being worked on like in the past. Also they would ask what if any problems we are having so they can be addressed. Because it is the players that are experiencing the various problems that need to be repaired.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Two words: duct tape
  • sunstroke#5323
    sunstroke#5323 Posts: 2 New User
    its Sunday and Tideswell is out again.. hadn't seen this even being anounced.. might have had to look better though.. been out for an hour...
  • sunstroke#5323
    sunstroke#5323 Posts: 2 New User
    ah!! on again!!
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Tideswell was down this time because of the Daylight Savings maintenance. Etherblade and Twilight Temple will be going down shortly for the same maint, so you guys aren't alone this time :p

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1209538/time-zone-us-maintenance-discussion-11-04-18-outstanding
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,805 Community Moderator
    Hopefully we will be back to normal on Maints after these.

Of course we get the unexpected ones and crashes.

Thanks​​