2 Classes Added in PWCN: Technician and Edgerunner

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Looking through the skills, demon pre NF, sage after. Absolutely broken class. EDGED Blur type skill that can be used while being CCed...rip all melee classes. They also have insane amount of debuffs and can even just switch to fire and get an elemental blur...combine that with spark (genie) skill and ppl die...also many saves that can be used while being CCed.

One downside tho, they need quite a bit of chi. If you have the new genie and manage your shield energy..absolute domination of everything. Cant kill with phys damage. Kill with elemental..xDDDD

Things I wonder about:

Is their any info on their level 2 ulti?

I wonder if the skills-turned-elemental can miss. This is something most ppl will overlook..but if that class can literally miss every skill then they will be garbage and completely RNG yet again. Many decent skills scale with base damage and it would be a shame to have to 300 Dex it, only upside is the extra-effect-on-crit glyphs. We'll see.

Overall interesting class. I expected a skill to insta recharge all shield energy..but since that is not the case you might be able to combine the ranged stun with the blur like skill if you reduce the energy cost...but hyper broken plays dont see possible. Overall decently balanced class.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Looking through the skills, demon pre NF, sage after. Absolutely broken class. EDGED Blur type skill that can be used while being CCed...rip all melee classes. They also have insane amount of debuffs and can even just switch to fire and get an elemental blur...combine that with spark (genie) skill and ppl die...also many saves that can be used while being CCed.

One downside tho, they need quite a bit of chi. If you have the new genie and manage your shield energy..absolute domination of everything. Cant kill with phys damage. Kill with elemental..xDDDD

Things I wonder about:

Is their any info on their level 2 ulti?

I wonder if the skills-turned-elemental can miss. This is something most ppl will overlook..but if that class can literally miss every skill then they will be garbage and completely RNG yet again. Many decent skills scale with base damage and it would be a shame to have to 300 Dex it, only upside is the extra-effect-on-crit glyphs. We'll see.

Overall interesting class. I expected a skill to insta recharge all shield energy..but since that is not the case you might be able to combine the ranged stun with the blur like skill if you reduce the energy cost...but hyper broken plays dont see possible. Overall decently balanced class.

In what way is a class that can use skills while being cced balanced lol? Atleast give all classes a skill like this to fend for themselves lol. The fact it can have a fire edge blue is just insane
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @blazerboy being able to use skills while being CCed is the special thing about this class. Most of those skills have a 90 sec CD and require 100 Shield energy tho...so at least you cannot spam them. Sure, class that already have low CC will have an insanely hard time catching them at all..but paladins also have quite low amounts of CC.

The only hardcore skills they have is a 5 sec stun/4 sec para that can be used even when they are CCed..but thats basically a save. It doesnt say that it breaks them free and it costs shield energy too..so you cant use a save and insta use that CC skill to follow up..and 90 seconds CD as well. The only other reliable CC is the 15 sec CD 3 sec aoe stun. For damage..hidden shadow slash with its 450% base damage surely is crazy strong. The ulti ofc with its blur like effect is also strong as hell. Shield of Smiting as another blur is also powerful and the option to use any element you want is tricky. If you use earth for example..no class but wizards can use earth immunity. Thst means if faith/AD are in CD and you get attacked by that on CC you basically die.

Another broken thing would be if you could combine shield of smiting (blur) with the ulti. I assume both are more like Blade Tornado than Blur..but if one of those just casts once and then has a continuous effect and you can use other skills meanwhile..that would be broken. 2 blur like skills at once with different elements (since you can nearly insta-switch elements in between) plus you can stick to your enemies with focused teleport by spamming random, fast, low CD skills...that combo would be insane. No immune pot and genie and you get the kill 100%.

We will see if it works like that but many combos I can already think off that are nice.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I wonder if Paladins can use their special skills when stuck mid-air. If not, then I expect some players will try to air glitch Paladins as much as possible.
    ​​
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Paladin for the win
    Post edited by thetruesinsz on
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Honestly Paladin wont be too strong in mass PvP, be it instanced or not. It lacks CC, it lacks debuffs, it lacks buffs which would make it tanky on the level of other HAs. Sure, fire dmg + spark combo and you are bound to find kills but thats single target kill pressure. The bluresque skills are nice and all but you really dont have means to keep ppl inside them.

Personally pretty disappointed as I was going to roll one as a main but the more I read bout it and tested it, the more underwhelming the class has become to me. If it were to get few CC skills into its kit, something to remove getting 1shot potential by magic dmg, it would be a very strong class. But right now it just isnt worth investing on for me personally.

Pairing it with a BM would make it pretty good but why would you use Paladin when you could instead use say Sin/DB/Seeker depending on situation? Its more or less never the best option, which is gonna hurt the class badly on playerbase.
  • blazerboy
    I wonder if Paladins can use their special skills when stuck mid-air. If not, then I expect some players will try to air glitch Paladins as much as possible.
    ​​

"Some players" ..by that u mean yourself. Tryhard lvl 100 xD

Nah she means seekers/duskblades/bm, cat plays a veno lol
  • blazerboy
    datsang wrote: »
    Honestly Paladin wont be too strong in mass PvP, be it instanced or not. It lacks CC, it lacks debuffs, it lacks buffs which would make it tanky on the level of other HAs. Sure, fire dmg + spark combo and you are bound to find kills but thats single target kill pressure. The bluresque skills are nice and all but you really dont have means to keep ppl inside them.

Personally pretty disappointed as I was going to roll one as a main but the more I read bout it and tested it, the more underwhelming the class has become to me. If it were to get few CC skills into its kit, something to remove getting 1shot potential by magic dmg, it would be a very strong class. But right now it just isnt worth investing on for me personally.

Pairing it with a BM would make it pretty good but why would you use Paladin when you could instead use say Sin/DB/Seeker depending on situation? Its more or less never the best option, which is gonna hurt the class badly on playerbase.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Yes it has damage but giving it many ccs would be overkill. It has ports and a ranged para skill while many skills to free itself from cc. Why give it a lot of cc? Kinda overkill don’t you think?
  • datsang
    blazerboy wrote: »
    datsang wrote: »

I disagree wholeheartedly. Yes it has damage but giving it many ccs would be overkill. It has ports and a ranged para skill while many skills to free itself from cc. Why give it a lot of cc? Kinda overkill don’t you think?

I really dont even have to play the class at this point to tell you the CC it has isnt enough. I am not asking permalocks like say BM but 90s CD para? LOL? Paladin can make 1 attempt on a somewhat of an lock after which it needs to wait that 90s CD for another one.

Its kill pressure is on too long CDs for the class to be effective, why would you even play Paladin over other stronger classes if it doesnt speak you to thematically? And outside of the kill pressure it really doesnt even CC ppl so whats the point of playing it?

It obviously has the "1shot combo" potential but it too is on 90s CD. To me the class feels like mix of few melee classes, just weaker than any of them.

But to each their own, I am surely making an alt one cause the class seems like pretty fun to play, just gearing it up feels like a waste if they dont add some things.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Paladin looks like it's currently in line with a seeker in terms of kill potential, so I have no doubt that it will find a home in PVP. I'd also make an argument that both the new classes have a good amount of burst-damage potential with the way their skills work and interact. They are stronger in a group than alone, even in mass, and this seems to be the way the game has been moving for some time. If you can't burst down a target, most classes have the ability to ignore / immune damage for days. The amount of stacking damage potential / damage buffs will be huge. Unfortunately, this type of gameplay really shines in mass PK or TW situations--both of which are sickeningly broken in our version of the game. In addition, I'll point out that a Paladin has the ability to AOE stun for 1-2 seconds every 15 seconds. In combination with the ability to freely teleport to targets at will without being locked down, this is going to be beyond obnoxious.

• b3arz
    b3arz Posts: 33 Arc User
    Does the paladin have any type of self buff. Because if it doesn't have magic marrow or bell, a 35 def level buff.. if no passive to reduce any type of dmg.. it will just get one shot. I read it had a reduction on anti stun with long cooldown.. but casters will just nuke the class with no problem if it has nothing to defend itself. It's cool it has alot of dmg potential but sounds like it wont matter if you get 1 shot by any caster. what is the incentive to start over to play it.. if it's not even equal to half the classes that already exist on pwi. Sounds dumb to me.
  • happyhail
    Paladin has numerous damage-reducing skills. Why would you assume that one class will get one-shot by casters when it doesn't have bell--a buff that increases physical resist--when there are currently eleven other classes that don't have bell and manage not to get one-shot? Only a few even have magical resist buffs, which is far more relevant.
  • datsang
    happyhail wrote: »
    Paladin has numerous damage-reducing skills. Why would you assume that one class will get one-shot by casters when it doesn't have bell--a buff that increases physical resist--when there are currently eleven other classes that don't have bell and manage not to get one-shot? Only a few even have magical resist buffs, which is far more relevant.

You do realize they were talking bout m.marrow and not bell, right? Basically barbs got extra hp in tiger, seekers got def levels, BMs got the mentioned marrow. Every HA class has something to make them tankier towards magic damage `cept Paladin. To try this you can just test with BM and have them not marrow for magical dmg and tell me "it doesnt hurt". Ppl were actually testing sin dmg on BM w/o m.marrow partially because of recent comments on this thread, both NP, BM took 50k+ ZC from toxic torrent.

I havent actually read all the skills with thought but doesnt Paladin only got 1 skill which reduces incoming dmg by 50%? With roughly 10% uptime? Cause if thats the case, magic dmg will just rip trough Paladin.
  • happyhail
    Okay. I'm sitting at 37K m.def unbuffed and 47K m.def with a spirit of defense. What caster do think one-shots me without magic marrow? For the record, that's on 2300 spirit and 155 defense levels, both of which I consider sub par. Paladin is no different. Once again, Paladins have numerous damage-reducing skills and more movement-speed / anti-cc than any other class. We have barbs running around in devil shards that somehow manage to avoid being one-shot by casters, and you think a Paladin is going to magically fall over for some reason? Barbs are not invoked / faithed / solid shielded 24/7 and they manage just fine. BMs are not perpetually in magic marrow, and quite honestly, they shouldn't be. I wish I had a 'use any time anywhere' break-stun / para / silence' skill with a huge damage absorber that I could pop on a whim. Paladin will be just fine.
  • datsang
    edited October 2018
    happyhail wrote: »
    Okay. I'm sitting at 37K m.def unbuffed and 47K m.def with a spirit of defense. What caster do think one-shots me without magic marrow? For the record, that's on 2300 spirit and 155 defense levels, both of which I consider sub par. Paladin is no different. Once again, Paladins have numerous damage-reducing skills and more movement-speed / anti-cc than any other class. We have barbs running around in devil shards that somehow manage to avoid being one-shot by casters, and you think a Paladin is going to magically fall over for some reason? Barbs are not invoked / faithed / solid shielded 24/7 and they manage just fine. BMs are not perpetually in magic marrow, and quite honestly, they shouldn't be. I wish I had a 'use any time anywhere' break-stun / para / silence' skill with a huge damage absorber that I could pop on a whim. Paladin will be just fine.

Any NP caster outside of def charms? And as for devil stone barbs, those do actually get pretty much 1shot if they are caught outside of survivals. Please name these numerous damage-reducing skills because I honestly thought there is 1 (Ulti)with pretty low uptime. There is the shield too but if you glyph it to para purify it loses the shield, which is likely going to be the meta choice.

Also, pop ulti on a whim with 5min CD? Okey.
  • b3arz
    edited October 2018
    I mean Barb usually just spams solid shield at free will or invoke when In danger. But other then that.. devil stone Barbs take a **** ton of magic dmg. Another thing you got to remember is a Barb also has def lvl increase skills, a deaden nervs that purfies and heals. As well as a 70 second faith. Most Barb's just glyph swap glitch so idk where you can actually compare a break cc with long cooldown and a 10 sec absorb as to what a Barb has on surv. Another thing you should notice is miss? The class has no never miss skills. All the skills are physical attack meaning if they turn to magic dmg most likely going to miss still. When you swap toxic torrent to pure wood dmg.. it misses still. Bm has leaps marrows cc out the ****.. infinite chi . Paralyze cost 0 chi.. I mean the class isn't even close to par with the bm. It has about as much cc as a seeker but can you really compare the dmg of a seeker with paladin. Seeker gots -90 metal debuff with -50 stacked from lv1 fortify. That's -140 elemental where genie spark isn't anywhere near that. Edged blur hits every second and being def build puts ur attack over 260 with swapping of gear. Paladin edged blur hits every 2 seconds with triple the cooldown. The class will get destroyed by seekers. It has really cool skills that are new which makes them look op.. but get real, this class is not going to outshine a Barb, seeker, or bm because the cooldown are way too long. It requires to much shield energy to chain **** together cost 100 which means to use next skill got to wait 10 seconds then if you use it instantly at 10 seconds got to wait 20 seconds to get back to 100. The paladin looks cool but disappointed in the cooldown time and lack of cc. No elemental debuff to stack with genie spark. Plus im pretty sure all the skills can miss. I hope you find what your looking for in the class if you believe its amazing. I'll love too fight it in 3s one day.
  • datsang
    b3arz wrote: »
    Plus im pretty sure all the skills can miss.

I really want to say they can miss, I didnt actually pay attention to look if I missed as in testing it but I could swear I was missing with wood buff on. But I`ll add that to the things to test when I log CN the next time.
  • b3arz
    Also the class has no disarm. Idk if you really know the value of disarm.. but -91 def -100 spirit plus a def proc on disarm alone. Disarm is one of the strongest skills in game because not only does it stop all g17 procs it removes all the def lvls from all the g17 def on the server. This game is about endgame tier. Not tt70 wanabe ha wizard. You should think about what it can do to what it can't at a end game tier. Your going to start over from square one with a class that won't stand par to prob 1/2 the classes on pwi. Might as well roll a bm, Barb, seeker, sin, db, veno, or sb. Because I believe all them classes are way above where that paladin is at. Might be close to equal with the other 5 but then again what do I know. I'm just a noob player with no real experience on this game. Just putting my 2 cents in to see if someone can convince me otherwise about this paladin. Cus from what I see, it's has no real incentive to roll it. If going to start over would just play one of the other classes.
  • blazerboy
    Really curious if gunner will have dual pistol fash weapon on release otherwise gg
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I don't think it would look good considering she always has both hands to one side, even if she's unarmed.
    The animations of both classes are kinda bad in my opinion.
    I'm sure they only gender-locked them to save money on development.
    ​​
  • firemercy#7420
    firemercy#7420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    I don't think it would look good considering she always has both hands to one side, even if she's unarmed.
    The animations of both classes are kinda bad in my opinion.
    I'm sure they only gender-locked them to save money on development.
    ​​

Seriously? It’s so expensive to make both genders for a class?
  • datsang
    Thanks for the translation again! Something to add for Paladin is that it does not look like they can get blood paint from a sin but their Wood Attunement provides the same effect. ​​

I didnt personally test this but somebody did and claims Paladin can indeed get BP.
  • dafreeeees#4542
    dafreeeees#4542 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Paladin can have bp, to whoever said that he couldnt. if he gets bp + wood buff he will heal 4% of its damage (i've tested already)
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Ohh ok, well that's some good news for Paladin. I made the error because BP's skill description hasn't been updated to include Paladin, Paladin had a functionally similar skill, and I asked a random Chinese player who knew some english but I guess he wasn't reliable.​​
  • dafreeeees#4542
    @asterelle i just figured out cuz i squaded with a sin to do 59 cult and he bped me (btw, all instance boss from cult are now outside dungeon (soloable with paladin) i`m lv96 now with mine, god already
  • firemercy#7420
    firemercy#7420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    @asterelle i just figured out cuz i squaded with a sin to do 59 cult and he bped me (btw, all instance boss from cult are now outside dungeon (soloable with paladin) i`m lv96 now with mine, god already

Quality of life I guess

• dafreeeees#4542
    I made my PWCN account before they insisted on mobile verification. I'm not sure how to get past that now.
    Maybe I should have asked some of the Russians and Brazilians I saw on the test server...
    ​​

All old accounts to.

Me and a few other brazilians that play have our account since they release SB/DB or in my case, even older account.
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm a bit sad that everyone seem to be excited about the paladin but nearly nobody talks about the new gunner class. Is there any good footage out on YT or somewere else that showcase the gunner on mid/high level with all skills unlocked yet ?

• drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Wonder when we can expect these classes to come. Going by the 3 month rule it would be january/febuary ish.
  • blazerboy
    drheal wrote: »
    Wonder when we can expect these classes to come. Going by the 3 month rule it would be january/febuary ish.

We been getting updates 6 months after CN. So Jan/feb would be rather quick