2 Classes Added in PWCN: Technician and Edgerunner

Comments

• lockdown#9307
    lockdown#9307 Posts: 21 Arc User
    hey guys, check this video showing up the 2 new classes and their skills..
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aBeNmun0-vM
  • frankyztein#1980
    frankyztein#1980 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    It would be cool if gunners have more weapon options besides that huge 2 handed gun. They should've at least given that class a dual pistols, sniper, or smg just like how archers have their bow, slingshot, and crossbow options. To add, at 0:26 of that YT video above me, am I imagining it or did I just saw a paladin attacking while riding on a mount?
  • ororo14
    ororo14 Posts: 8 Arc User
    It would be cool if gunners have more weapon options besides that huge 2 handed gun. They should've at least given that class a dual pistols, sniper, or smg just like how archers have their bow, slingshot, and crossbow options. To add, at 0:26 of that YT video above me, am I imagining it or did I just saw a paladin attacking while riding on a mount?

I originally thought the same thing, however take a closer look at the so-called mount. A closer look makes the mount look more like an energy projection similar to the Barb's Mighty Swing skill. Until we know for sure I'd place a bet that the mount itself is part of the skill animation. We're probably witnessing the second moving AOE this game has to offer with Blade Tornado being the first.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    ororo14 wrote: »

I originally thought the same thing, however take a closer look at the so-called mount. A closer look makes the mount look more like an energy projection similar to the Barb's Mighty Swing skill. Until we know for sure I'd place a bet that the mount itself is part of the skill animation. We're probably witnessing the second moving AOE this game has to offer with Blade Tornado being the first.

Its the Paladin ulti if I`m not mistaken. Its basically speed buff, antistun and blade tornado mixed in together.
  • frankyztein#1980

datsang wrote: »

Its the Paladin ulti if I`m not mistaken. Its basically speed buff, antistun and blade tornado mixed in together.

If that is true, then paladin is going to be so broken if played correctly.
  • datsang

Eh, right now Paladin skills are missing CC and debuff/buff. I expect to see more of those pop up when the class is released on CN in a week. I`d call paladin melee wizzie at this point - Tons of dmg and mobility but lacks CC to be constant threat.
  • frankyztein#1980

Eh, right now Paladin skills are missing CC and debuff/buff. I expect to see more of those pop up when the class is released on CN in a week. I`d call paladin melee wizzie at this point - Tons of dmg and mobility but lacks CC to be constant threat.

That class has to be nerfed or balanced somehow. If it does have tons of damage and mobility with added cc skills, it would be like fighting multiple classes all at once. On the other hand, it's quite a bummer that these two classes are gender locked.
  • datsang

That class has to be nerfed or balanced somehow. If it does have tons of damage and mobility with added cc skills, it would be like fighting multiple classes all at once. On the other hand, it's quite a bummer that these two classes are gender locked.

Nobody expects the class to be balanced, have you seen nightshade? More likely it will be broken to some extent, we`ll see how broken when the skill list is finalized but every class has some sort of buff you can throw on squad(except psy) so its more than likely to have one too. Every class has some sort of debuff/amp so its bound to have least one too. I am mostly worried bout the CC abilities of the class as those are pretty much shrouded in mystery still.
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    That clip of on the mount i'm guessing is for the changes to lower level PVs; which allows you to go through the instance on a mount to speed up the leveling process.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'm pretty sure it's just an "Edged Blur" type skill, probably this:
    51111 Mysterious call to battle      
    Mana: 450
    Channel: 0. 1 sec. | Cooldown: 120 sec.
    Weapon Restriction: Sword Shield
    The magic shield is shattered by a sandy wave, and the warrior whirls around with a drawn sword in a deadly cloud while playing.
    Increases movement speed by 100%, gives immunity to movement limiting effects, and reduces damage taken by 50%. Every second, inflicts base physical damage plus up to 450% equipment damage plus 8255 damage to all targets within 8 yards of the warrior. physical damage. Effect lasts [?] Sec.
    Requires 1 Spark to use
    Can be applied in motion.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    asterelle wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just an "Edged Blur" type skill, probably this:
    51111 Mysterious call to battle      
    Mana: 450
    Channel: 0. 1 sec. | Cooldown: 120 sec.
    Weapon Restriction: Sword Shield
    The magic shield is shattered by a sandy wave, and the warrior whirls around with a drawn sword in a deadly cloud while playing.
    Increases movement speed by 100%, gives immunity to movement limiting effects, and reduces damage taken by 50%. Every second, inflicts base physical damage plus up to 450% equipment damage plus 8255 damage to all targets within 8 yards of the warrior. physical damage. Effect lasts [?] Sec.
    Requires 1 Spark to use
    Can be applied in motion.
    ​​

Every second it proc? This better be max 5 seconds....
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    So weird..didnt check forums for 2 months and expected the new classes to hit earliest next christmas for us..but hot damn..if they are released now in CN then we might get them next march already..

Ok, ignore sin and stack some money. Pala has to be r9 and gunner maybe too. Must. Play. And. Perfect. Both. OCD hype.
  • datsang
    -
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    So weird..didnt check forums for 2 months and expected the new classes to hit earliest next christmas for us..but hot damn..if they are released now in CN then we might get them next march already..

Ok, ignore sin and stack some money. Pala has to be r9 and gunner maybe too. Must. Play. And. Perfect. Both. OCD hype.

Well December/January are out cause of holidays(And being too soon after CN launch), either ours of Chinas. February 1st is 3 months from CN launch, which is prolly when PWE starts teasing bout new classes. Another month or two and we should have them so March isnt a bad bet.

As for stacking money, I am expecting crazy black Friday sales as last year sucked balls and 2 bad years in a row is unlikely. Its guaranteed 25% zhen for large charges. So is charge rewards and spend promo, what those contain is harder to guess though. I want to say we get double charge reward points if not triple, black Friday would be perfect date for PWE to experiment with those kind of sales.
  • datsang
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20181023/80929.shtml
    Patch notes for the expansion ^^

The new classes will be released tonight on 2 servers on CN if and when I understood the notice correctly.

Havent read the notes yet myself as I thought to post link asap.
  • asterelle
    edited October 2018
    Alright I got it...

All Gunner / Paladin Skills: https://pastebin.com/raw/efrxnB7C
    Also the 2 new DB mirror skills of those classes.

A lot of the values look like they were changed from what was leaked before so I guess it's good no one translated that.

Who wants to be the cool guy / gal to put together a nice well formatted translation?

Other stuff...

New Icons: h8ShNEF.pngWmW7CNb.png

New Backgrounds: https://imgur.com/a/rJYxR2m

New Login Screen: iRKop62.jpg

The Character creator is a lot different... the new classes have almost no customization as far as I can tell. If you want to make the new classes it switches to a different interface than the old classes. Maybe that will change later. I'll try to get a video of that later.

EDIT: Ooo their hair waves when you move around... they get hair physics?!
    ​​
  • datsang
    edited October 2018

The Character creator is a lot different... the new classes have almost no customization as far as I can tell. If you want to make the new classes it switches to a different interface than the old classes. Maybe that will change later. I'll try to get a video of that later.

​​

The patchnotes said they updated the graphics engine or something. New classes only work in the new "HQ mode" if I`m not mistaken, old classes can switch back to old settings too. But its definitely lot more details on HQ mode making it look, least to me, a lot better.

Edit:
    And for some Paladin gameplay videos, apologize for butchering the English language though.

https://youtu.be/nQkWh0POTq4

https://youtu.be/_QVbkuOPnlc
    Post edited by datsang on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Alright I got it...

A lot of the values look like they were changed from what was leaked before so I guess it's good no one translated that.

Who wants to be the cool guy / gal to put together a nice well formatted translation?

Other stuff...

​​

If they fix stormbringer vortex to not break our computers I’ll actu try and get ppl to play xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User

Alright I got it...

Other stuff...

​​

Well guess I can start translating, but I surely won't be able to finish it all in one or two days (maybe at the weekend) since I also work and stuff. lol
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/-S_QVzPXVUU

Character selection screen and customization screen.

​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    My only question is... How are you guys managing to Bypass the phone number verification for PWCN account creation would love to test it but can't figure out how to get a +86 area code and or bypass the phone verification process
  • asterelle
    I made my PWCN account before they insisted on mobile verification. I'm not sure how to get past that now.
    Maybe I should have asked some of the Russians and Brazilians I saw on the test server...
    ​​
  • xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    I hope the game still lets you fully customise your character like previously.. cos looking at that video of the new character creation screen, there wasn't alot of options. I hate default chars, and looking like everyone else..
    K1WlJi2.png
  • datsang
    nunuator wrote: »
    My only question is... How are you guys managing to Bypass the phone number verification for PWCN account creation would love to test it but can't figure out how to get a +86 area code and or bypass the phone verification process

You would actually need access to the phone with said number in order to create the account as it will send the verification code into it. I tried making account for a friend and I did manage to guess some random phone number but even the "e-mail registration" requires you to go trough mobile verification. Short of you having friend in China, I dont really know how to get around that.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Yeah I managed to get around China Id with a random generator off google but only thing I could think of was call spoofing and that fails since you need a text verification.... I’ve tried spoofing my location in google voice to try and get a China number as well I think my only choice is gonna be to boot up bluestacks or my old phone and try and find a texting app via the China App Store, one that provides a phone number, to try and get a verification that way...

I’ll post if I have any luck with it that way gonna be a pain but eh if it works I’ll post a guide on how to do the full process
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    So I finished translating the gunner skills, but I'm not sure if they are complete.

I used the pastebin provided by Asterelle but the gunner only has 25 skills overall there and only 9 Celestial Saint skills (combined skills).

Normally classes have around 30-35 skills and 12 combined skills, so I'm not sure if this is complete or not.
  • datsang
    mymbarb wrote: »
    So I finished translating the gunner skills, but I'm not sure if they are complete.

I used the pastebin provided by Asterelle but the gunner only has 25 skills overall there and only 9 Celestial Saint skills (combined skills).

Normally classes have around 30-35 skills and 12 combined skills, so I'm not sure if this is complete or not.

I went and looked at gunner skill list and those numbers seem accurate. It does indeed only have 9 combined sage/demon skills.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    is the wiggling hair the reason for the limited customization?
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    I only glanced at the google-translated patch notes, but I seem to recall something about having to enable customizations on the new classes.

• asterelle
    edited October 2018
    In the gunner skill window in-game and discounting the sparks / passives I see:

lvl 1-79: 14 skills
    Lvl 79: 3 skills from apoc pages + the ulti from Homestead
    lvl 89-99: 16 sage skills
    lvl 100: 3 books from chrono pages + 1 Homestead upgrade + 1 Primal skill
    lvl 100+: 9 Glyph skills.

None of the skills are ever merged and I don't see Morai skills.

At the end of the day you will have 14 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 21 active skills plus 3 sparks / master li / town portal
    I guess that is a little low.
    ​​