[Maint] Server Maintenance 10/23/18 (complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If their is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Todays question.
What is your favorite place to chill in PW and why?

Short and sweet today. Please note other maints this week as well such as ti and eu DST maint.

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    so there was an arc update and now i cant click on "Play" anymore, only "Install", anyone else got that?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I've heard a few people have had that issue but I haven't personally experienced it myself. Hopefully it might be fixed soon especially with the upcoming special maintenances.

I'm not sure if this works, but try going into your PWI element folder and open elementclient.exe (example: "C:\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe") and see if that works. It should trigger Arc to open it. If that doesn't work, try the PWI patcher folder and open patcher.exe (example: "C:\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe").
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    Umm can we get titles fixed, still waiting for my 50,100 and 200 title from Colli and about 3 Wonderland Titles from rides!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    I've heard a few people have had that issue but I haven't personally experienced it myself. Hopefully it might be fixed soon especially with the upcoming special maintenances.

I'm not sure if this works, but try going into your PWI element folder and open elementclient.exe (example: "C:\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe") and see if that works. It should trigger Arc to open it. If that doesn't work, try the PWI patcher folder and open patcher.exe (example: "C:\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe").

thanks, i actually had to redownload the whole thing ;(
  • heerohex#3018
    Todays question.
    What is your favorite place to chill in PW and why?

My place to chill is in my Homestead out the way and where no one can see me.

In regards to arc issues. Launching it like has been suggested should also tell arc where its installed and should not ask again. Im guessing they have updated some of the arc file locations.

as for the Titles again im not really part of the team that deals with that, im sure they know about the issue tho.

Thanks.​​
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    There is a big patch for it ? Cause it started to downloaded like one .... any news above guys ? And anyone know when servers will be up ?
  • heerohex#3018
    ronie55 wrote: »
    There is a big patch for it ? Cause it started to downloaded like one .... any news above guys ? And anyone know when servers will be up ?

SoonTM

I believe its Shop Updates. I could be wrong but thats the odds.​​
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

Usually around this hour, but this time it feels longer than usual? Might be just my impression though.

As for where I chill... either south archo or east archo, very often near the banker. Sometimes near south neverfall banker, but that's not as often as in archo.

Either way, it's almost always near a banker, because I got loot to look at (and decide what is useful to keep or what to trash despite the whole "might come useful in the future" thing).
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Servers are back up now.

I haven't really chilled in particular spots lately. I usually just drop my character off in Magnier, my homestead, or wherever my char is when I get tired. If Adventure Kingdom is open I like to hang out there.

I used to hang out a lot more at south archosaur, either at the banker or a spot near the AH, behind the apothecary but I'm rarely in those spots now.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • jharde
    jharde Posts: 18 Arc User
    Fave place to chill is usually my HS, I go in from North Arch banker, that way I can pop in and out to sort com shop and bank if needed.
  • makeumad
    makeumad Posts: 19 Arc User
    what the F is this sht? i cant link my original old folder files and Arc wont recognized my PWI folder. and i need a **** Fresh installed to my drive C? what a whole piece of **** is this? 1st i installed my pwi in other drive for safety so if i newly fresh install the OS, im not gona redownload the whole and wait for the **** patcher for more than 24hours again. nice move Arc. pls hire a decent programmer :D
  • sahitan001
    sahitan001 Posts: 49 Arc User
    Patch Notes ????
  • goutteemalay157
    goutteemalay157 Posts: 2 Arc User
    aphrodita wrote: »
    so there was an arc update and now i cant click on "Play" anymore, only "Install", anyone else got that?

I haven't got this error at the first log-in time for today. But after I tried to re-log, I do not have the "Play" option, and Arc wants me to re-download the whole PWI game. Which is quiet unacceptable, it is going to take another 24 hrs or more for me to download. Is that a bug or do we really need to redownload?
  • ronie55
    I have the same issues and I don’t know what’s going on ...... how do we fix the problem cause game so game is the laptop already and Arc is asking to install where today in the morning when I started the game it was fine .....pease give answers immediately
  • gracesquarters
    gracesquarters Posts: 1 New User
    I do not understand why Tideswell is getting soooo much more maintenance than other servers... they can play and we have to wait... this (my morning) morning they were doing general maint.. now the others are up again.. Tideswell is after a period of being available.. now down again
    Why?
  • ronie55
    aphrodita wrote: »

I haven't got this error at the first log-in time for today. But after I tried to re-log, I do not have the "Play" option, and Arc wants me to re-download the whole PWI game. Which is quiet unacceptable, it is going to take another 24 hrs or more for me to download. Is that a bug or do we really need to redownload?

You still having the problem persisting or you could fix it by any way ?
  • wooooper
    wooooper Posts: 26 Arc User
    i redownload the whole game again. @ 97% for 15mins now. hopes faster in patcher too :(
  • ronie55
    wooooper wrote: »
    i redownload the whole game again. @ 97% for 15mins now. hopes faster in patcher too :(

So after download the game you need to update Patch too ?
  • wooooper
    wooooper Posts: 26 Arc User

yes its already done. all servers are up except tideswell.

• ronie55
    edited October 2018
    wooooper wrote: »

yes its already done. all servers are up except tideswell.

Okay how long did it took for the download the game and do the patcher ?
  • heerohex#3018
    I'll make a note on the Arc problems later.

Nice to see we have a solution. Yes long one but one that works.

Thanks.
  • august052016#8735
    august052016#8735 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue/ wants me install again. I. The past I just needed to run element client from the element folder and it would connect. That is not working however this time
  • august052016#8735
    august052016#8735 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling arc but that didn’t reconnect the element client disputes the fact that whole arc was uninstalled the element client prompted me to download arc. Ugh st redownloading game
  • makeumad
    makeumad Posts: 19 Arc User

Okay how long did it took for the download the game and do the patcher ?

it depends on your internet speed.(im using 50mb connection) the game is 15gb takes me 30mins to download and 15mins waiting for patcher to finish. i dunno why they did this. now i need to relocate my hotkeys in every toon i have and costumized ini. files
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    if kyrill is reading this sorry i can't trade u right now... coz darn arc wont let me login tyvm.. pls fix asap..
    patch problems.. so that;s the reason a number of people didnt login...
  • gadjra
    gadjra Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have same issue. Have to reinstall game even after trying to reinstall ARC. What's funny is this issue isn't a problem on a separate laptop, just my desktop.
  • sunriseblade34
    sunriseblade34 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having this issue as well, even though I've managed to log into a client of PWI. Re-opening Arc in the same account as the one I'm logging in (after killing it in Task Manager), the Install button is suddenly there as of about half an hour ago, even though I'm actually still playing the game!

This needs to be fixed. Some of us have very slow internet and missing an entire day does affect things like Check Ins which are highly rewarding in PWI and more so for those of us with lots of characters.
  • heerohex#3018
    I've noted the issue.

I know it's a pain but please log a ticket with support if your having or had this issue.

Thanks.
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    sadly i started redownloading everything... 1 day now.... fml
    i have to spend 50 euro to recharge my data.. sigh...
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    2018/10/25 06:23:32Patcher 开始运行ARC_DOWNLOAD_ERR:Load Library Failed, Dll Name is ArcClientSdk.dll
    2018/10/25 06:23:32ARC_DOWNLOAD_ERR:Get SDK Interface <CC_INIT> ERROR
    2018/10/25 06:23:32ARC_DOWNLOAD_ERR:Get SDK Interface <CC_NeedSkipPlatform> ERROR
    2018/10/25 06:23:32ARC_DOWNLOAD_ERR:Get SDK Interface <CC_ArcGameLauncherHasIntalled> ERROR

nice welcome present for me...
    currently no way to fix it since i don't wanna reverse engineer arc and get all the dlls and name and manually put them on a reg file.
    why don't you pay me pwi.. i will fix ur game for you.

one clue is they prolly messed up the patching...(earlier ones.. ) since my newly patched one doesnt have problem only my laptop which i left patching during maintenance...

download everything. .again.. the fix....
    if you have dirt poor connection see you next week or even 2 weeks hahaha.

another fail safe is always keep a working version on another computer that is 1 less late patch than your main ones... so unless the patching has problems there is still a way to fix it.
    gl..

maybe its a sign for us to quit already.. hahahah