New Vitae System

tbeinc
tbeinc Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
While the new way of getting vitae is great for players who have factions that are able to get together (as I do) is great it isn't so great for other players.

Those who don't fit into the above situation have a very hard time getting their vitae. They go to kill the vitae mobs then someone else shows up and starts aoe'ing them and the player no longer has a chance to get his/her vitae. To those ppl I say, you are totally inconsiderate of others.

I feel this setup is very unfair to many players out there and another arrangement should be sought. Disabling aoe skills on those mobs comes to mind.

Am I out here alone or does anyone else agree with me? If so, make it known here.

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Hum, i wonder if it's a server problem tbh, I see quite a few random ppl joining each other at the mobs in Tideswell, me too, when i am at a group and someone comes near i'll invite them.

Main problem is that ppl are jerks, which kinda makes me be a jerk to some too, like someone who was waiting for 30 minutes near the mobs afk, then i go there and he starts attacking, I asked how much he needed, 20k, i needed only 2k, told him to let me do the 2k and i'd be gone, he didn't xD started calling me names, bla bla, bottom line, I outDDed him, so, I just autocultied on them even past my 2k until he decided it wasn't being worth it for him :3

Bottom line is... Not everyone is a jerk, ask to join the ppl killing the mobs on AoE, more often than not they won't deny you.

Mr. Justice
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    I haven't done the mobs in a group. I try to be considerate and kill a mob at a time however when an individual or group is out there hoarding the mobs to themselves in all areas I just start AoE on all their mobs, I get credit for it so good enough for me.

If they don't like it then that's too bad.
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User
    Damn i hope i don't fall in this this category On my last stretch of the dailies i would usually just auto culti for the 5k while i still have gift running.. I just usually tab out untill i think i reached the mark,but i only do this when i see no one around a set of mobs.. So hopefully i dont want people think am being mean but i usually just tab out untill i reach the 5k mark
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    The new Vitae system is just fine. You deal more damage, you get more Vitae. Others AoE-ing mobs doesn't stop you from attacking them and gaining Vitae, even if they don't want to form a squad. At a slower rate, granted, but still.

Tip: if you're too squishy to AoE them on your own, you may be able to if somebody else tanks them for you.

DISCLAIMER: Some people are jerks and it's not the fault of the system that they behave the way they do.
  • sweetambrosia
    sweetambrosia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Yeah there is not any KSing the mobs so all you have to do is hit the mobs and "share" in the vita with whoever is AoEing. Bright side to this is you don't have to worry about getting agro! As I see it it seems fair that people that hit harder and do more damage get more vita. If you are in a squad and do it it works much the same only it "cuts" the share by the number in the squad and it doesn't matter who the damage dealer is everyone gets around the same vita "cut". So in a way being in a squad makes the person doing the most damage and then mostly tanking all the damage get less then if he soloed. (or she) So if you are worried you are not going to get vita that's not true you do it just gets split with whoever else hits the mobs.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    The system is designed to encourage PVP. The fact that we have carebear servers is the source of the problem.
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    i deleted my previous comments to facilitate my own change in judgement.. and everyone else.
    almost about 3 weeks/2 weeks since the vitae thingy going on. people now stopped camping these mobs lmao.
    they stayed for days thinking that they can get 100-99 vitae but realized they were wrong. ...
    "SPOTS ARE OPENING UP NOW" people partying/ squading... same thing happened to haspon when they thought they can get rewards multiple times.................op people i know don't even do vitae mobs now.. they said they just gonna wait for the huge pill for full royal sky ..
    perfect squad composition are psy,wiz,seeker,celeric. still is a perfect squad.u can add sb that will ulti every now and then and u got even more dd..
    Post edited by dbfarmer1#6868 on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I’ve done this alone on 3 toons on 3 different servers. I never have an issue, if the spot is occupied I come in 30-45minutes and I have a spot. It literally takes me 6minutes to farm too I love this new system idk how some ppl are struggling o.o
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • bootlegger69
    bootlegger69 Posts: 33 Arc User
    why do I need to AOE and kill more then one mob at a time i can be out there all day long 1 mob at a time the problem is the jerks who want to come and take all the mobs increasing the aoe killing you I have lost 3% at my lvl thats not a small amount of exp. Not everyone is R9 so it takes an hour or so to get the full amount of vitae but because you are and can that makes it ok to KS and cause someone to die and lose exp
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    why do I need to AOE and kill more then one mob at a time i can be out there all day long 1 mob at a time the problem is the jerks who want to come and take all the mobs increasing the aoe killing you I have lost 3% at my lvl thats not a small amount of exp. Not everyone is R9 so it takes an hour or so to get the full amount of vitae but because you are and can that makes it ok to KS and cause someone to die and lose exp

The Mentality of our player base in a nut shell

• bootlegger69
    what mentality not wanting to die and lose exp I bet your one of the people that come up when someone is grinding on the mobs an AOE's and takes them all
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    When I come up to a spot and see somebody grinding there I first invite them to a party. If they don't accept, I PM them. If they don't reply, I just start doing my thing. I have as much right to grind there as does anybody else. I'm ok with people just going afk if they can't handle the AoE damage. If that's the case, I'll grind it for the quicker than they ever would on their own.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Am I missing something? I’ve literally done this a week it takes me 6 minutes to get all 5000 I usually turn away twice because spots are taken up but once one is vacant I take it do it quickly and am on my merry way. I understand lower geared ppl it takes longer but ppl sound like there’s literally never a vacant spot. I do this on 3 servers and on 3 toons how in the world are ppl struggling >.<
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I’ve literally done this a week it takes me 6 minutes to get all 5000 I usually turn away twice because spots are taken up but once one is vacant I take it do it quickly and am on my merry way. I understand lower geared ppl it takes longer but ppl sound like there’s literally never a vacant spot. I do this on 3 servers and on 3 toons how in the world are ppl struggling >.<

Might or might not be a vacant spot at the twilight sky mobs. I also think you might be comparing the Millions of damage per second your 3 characters theoretically deal to the ones who can barely break 40k on them. Even if it wasnt 20 people at each mob spot with both squads full, The result is still the same though. The aoe of those mobs tear a average geared player who's unfortunate to find a squad to virtual shreds. With the entire ordeal taking hours i assume?

Also not every squad will invite anyone. Those are observations of course.
  • boogiebaby69
    boogiebaby69 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm not seeing anyone mention the use of the faction exp / vitae squad option.
    Regularly, my guild has 8+ people in a squad and whether some are afk or even in the area, it boosts exp / vitae, etc. doing this quest. If two of us are at the site and grinding, we get vitae wicked faster than trying it solo. I understand that not everyone is in a faction, or wants to be. But this is an option and it works.
  • bootlegger69
    you all talk about 5k I am still TS10 so its 20k and my bm only astral sky 8 and i wont even bother trying to to the vitae mobs period with her because its an absolute waste of time, it doesn't matter if its 5 or 50 min if I was there 1st it doesn't give someone the right to drop down n set up vortex or what ever n pull all the mobs and kill you in the process, I have lost a couple percent exp which at 103/102/102 is not a small amount of exp and spent a few million on guardian scroll because of this. I have already been warned once in here and and was threatened to be banned, I tried to put in a ticket and complain and of course the page wont load. WTF you take away most of the daily quest and replace it with this bs it shouldn't surprise me its obvious pw doesn't give a rats azz about the player base. I mean what did they think was gonna happen when you only put 4 locations with the hi lvl mobs for the whole server what rocket scientist came up with that bright idea.
  • bootlegger69
    you all talk about 5k I am still TS10 so its 20k and my bm only astral sky 8 and i wont even bother trying to to the vitae mobs period with her because its an absolute waste of time, it doesn't matter if its 5 or 50 min if I was there 1st it doesn't give someone the right to drop down n set up vortex or what ever n pull all the mobs and kill you in the process, I have lost a couple percent exp which at 103/102/102 is not a small amount of exp and spent a few million on guardian scroll because of this. I have already been warned once in here and and was threatened to be banned, I tried to put in a ticket and complain and of course the page wont load. WTF you take away most of the daily quest and replace it with this bs it shouldn't surprise me its obvious pw doesn't give a rats azz about the player base. I mean what did they think was gonna happen when you only put 5 locations with the hi lvl mobs for the whole server what rocket scientist came up with that bright idea.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I dunno. On dawnglory I never had this kind of issue when I went for the mobs

Maybe I'm just lucky
  • bootlegger69
    It actually just happened again me and another person that was already grinding on the mobs I stayed on the other side n we were ea doing our own thing n someone comes in and started pulling all the mobs 2 ppl were there n just felt they had the right to come in and just take the mobs from both of us this was not even 10 min into it. For me this is the last fu&king straw I left the faction i was in and logged off and don't plan on coming back F/U PW thanks for ruining the game for me
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I like the spot with 7 mobs on south-west of magnier.

If i see a group of players, like 7+-. I let it be.
    If there are just a few, I come by with wife + our alts, and steal the spot...

And killing anybody on white name on the process.
  • bootlegger69
    edited October 2018
    ballenato its azzwipes like you that are the problem. heero200 its idiots like this and that kind of mentality that i am talking about and this is what pw's bright idea of a broken system has created and you wanna claim that PWE dosen't tolerate bullying wake up and smell what your shoveling
    Post edited by bootlegger69 on
  • nunchakux2
    nunchakux2 Posts: 9 Arc User
    put the mobs in a instance or in the gb map
    reminds me of players ksing werewolf spearmen back in the dark ages of pwi
    (___________)o-o-o-o(___________)
  • bootlegger69
    you all talk about 5k I am still TS10 so its 20k and my bm only astral sky 8 and i wont even bother trying to to the vitae mobs period with her because its an absolute waste of time, it doesn't matter if its 5 or 50 min if I was there 1st it doesn't give someone the right to drop down n set up vortex or what ever n pull all the mobs and kill you in the process, I have lost a couple percent exp which at 103/102/102 is not a small amount of exp and spent a few million on guardian scroll because of this. I have already been warned once in here and and was threatened to be banned, I tried to put in a ticket and complain and of course the page wont load. WTF you take away most of the daily quest and replace it with this bs it shouldn't surprise me its obvious pw doesn't give a rats azz about the player base. I mean what did they think was gonna happen when you only put 4 locations with the hi lvl mobs for the whole server what rocket scientist came up with that bright idea.
  • bootlegger69
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Idk my comment got spam filtered or deleted so. It’s w/e. Gist of it was I come up and ask if you want help. If you ignore me or tell me I’ll move in and aoe because as db I have way more aoes and kill them way faster than one by one. Takes about four min for one toon or 12 for all my Alts. I stay to whoever is done and I kill faster than many so it’s on you if you refuse help- heals and a tank. Ts toons take about an hour for me to max their 20k after the initial 5k. It’s way slower than the first 5k but it’s nt so long that I won’t help. Should try accepting an invite sometime. Your right the number of locations is too low but for those of who don’t have all day to wait/ and offer help idk. One by one killing is extremely time in efficient for me. I prefer an empty spot but it isn’t always there and I only get so many play hours. Really can’t help stubborn ppl who say no this is my spot or “I’ll be taking those back” I always finish in fifteen min max for up to ten toons depending on how many random ppl join me- and the person who refused help is left there scratching their head on it because they got a lower cut of the pie with lower dmg/out of squad. Plus they wasted pots and charms that could have been saved by my bb and mystic heals.
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    I personally cannot even kill the twilight sky mobs, they kill me in 1 or 2 hits. I have g15 arcane lunar nirvana gear +3 (working on getting molds). I tried on both my veno and cleric and it was impossible for me to solo it it also killed my evolved herc in 2 hits. I went and killed one of the lvl below twilight sky (cant remember name), it took 10 mins to kill just one. So for those that aren't r999 +12 these mobs are impossible to kill without a squad. This seems to me just another way to push the free to play and light cash shoppers out of the game. I calculated it and in order to get r999 +12 you need to charge over $10,000 usd. I cant afford that I have children and they are more important then a game. I have also been playing since 2 months after the game came out of beta, with a 2 year rage quit when the molds came out and were untradeable. So I don't even bother with the mobs.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    kirstiein wrote: »
    I personally cannot even kill the twilight sky mobs, they kill me in 1 or 2 hits. I have g15 arcane lunar nirvana gear +3 (working on getting molds). I tried on both my veno and cleric and it was impossible for me to solo it it also killed my evolved herc in 2 hits. I went and killed one of the lvl below twilight sky (cant remember name), it took 10 mins to kill just one. So for those that aren't r999 +12 these mobs are impossible to kill without a squad. This seems to me just another way to push the free to play and light cash shoppers out of the game. I calculated it and in order to get r999 +12 you need to charge over $10,000 usd. I cant afford that I have children and they are more important then a game. I have also been playing since 2 months after the game came out of beta, with a 2 year rage quit when the molds came out and were untradeable. So I don't even bother with the mobs.

I dunno what you mathed but managing to spend 10k on +12 R9S3 sounds like an impressive feat. In reality the epenses are roughly 3,5k gold. Assuming you dont get any charge/spend promo stuff. Its still stupidly high number but not quite the 10k you talking bout.
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User

I dunno what you mathed but managing to spend 10k on +12 R9S3 sounds like an impressive feat. In reality the epenses are roughly 3,5k gold. Assuming you dont get any charge/spend promo stuff. Its still stupidly high number but not quite the 10k you talking bout.

Agreed. Aprox. 2500 USD, without shards. Far from 10 000 usd, 4x less ...
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User

Seems more like a way to force you to learn to play together instead of solo
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Seems more like a way to force you to learn to play together instead of solo

To be fair, this is an MMO.​​