PWI Ini Error (Both Character Creation and Folder Location)

Options
rezet#0955
rezet#0955 Posts: 11 Arc User
When I tried to go to my PWI character folder, it didn't show the usual folder that I was expecting when I normally edit my ini files. To add, when I was planning on making a new character on my newly made account, all the default Preset are either bald or not the usual thing that I have been seeing when making a toon. I have provided some images to show you guys what I'm talking about.

This is what I usually see when editing ini files.
HHI987e.png

This is what I'm currently seeing on my PWI folder.
eF6Y1UB.png

This is also what I'm seeing when making a new character on my new account.
x9v9JSj.png

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    You're most definitely missing files in there. Have you tried saving a preset when creating a character to see if the files pop up? There's a bunch of other files you're missing in there though, so I'd recommend verifying with the patcher just to make sure. Reinstalling the game would probably work but that's a last resort option.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • rezet#0955
    Options
    @obielle I have tried saving a preset when creating a character but the files doesn't pop up. I will try verifying the game and see if it works or not. But, if it doesn't work I can always re-download the game.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I recently redownloaded the game (this friday) and this is whats happening for me as well (the whole bald thing). I havent actually checked the folders but I'll take a look when Im home in a couple hours.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Verifying the game usually does the trick and repairs/restores missing files. I recently re-installed the game as well (couple of weeks ago). I was missing a lot of textures in Morai and other areas, but verifying the game files fixed everything. I'd advice to try verifying more than once, the community consensus is to do it three times.
    ​​
  • rezet#0955
    Options
    I just wanted to update you guys that I tried verifying the game and it solved my problem. Thank you guys for responding especially @obielle for telling me how to solve it.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Glad it's sorted.

Will move to support area.

Thanks.
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    Problem I am experiencing is after I log in and play, and want to change to another toon, All sudden the pixels, colors are scrambled all over in to all kinds of shapes and worse thing is just blank. Then when I try to start game again, on PLAY, of course takes me to the Circus to sign in again...they says, Client already logged in. Sign...what the heck? It is this game nothing is gong on at all on my PC. Now China or who is running this game has gone on Holiday on October 2nd and And therefore said no Maint. And you all know what that means. Last time they were gone for months not responding to this Forum. So upsetting.
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Options
    Problem I am experiencing is after I log in and play, and want to change to another toon, All sudden the pixels, colors are scrambled all over in to all kinds of shapes and worse thing is just blank. Then when I try to start game again, on PLAY, of course takes me to the Circus to sign in again...they says, Client already logged in. Sign...what the heck? It is this game nothing is gong on at all on my PC.
    This problem is not the same: no missing ini files. In your case the client is still active so you should find it in Task Manager. Also getting a scrambled screen could be an issue with the gfx-card you're using. Maybe installing a new driver could fix it.
    Now China or who is running this game has gone on Holiday on October 2nd and And therefore said no Maint. And you all know what that means. Last time they were gone for months not responding to this Forum. So upsetting.

They don't need to respond to this forum or even take some time to read it. It's us, the people who play the game, that are trying to help others. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't.