the light of safety quest

ramjot
ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
Anyone help me with the the light of safety quest.
get to the part where I need Bottle of Magical Substance to light the Ancient Lantern but have no information as to where this item comes from.
I believe it shuld have been given to me by the Eterninty Mushroom as the flouresent bottle containing the fireflies I captured but did not get it when I accepted the quest from him.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    You get the Bottle of Magical Substance from digging the Ancient Lantern at (355 706). You have to click around the ground underneath the lantern to get it.

EDIT: You will not see your cursor change when hovering over it. You can turn on quest tips through the optimization settings by clicking the wrench button at the top-left of your window which will help you find the right spot. Make sure the box is unticked.

Some of the more recent quests have wording that can be misleading. The egg event in Adventure Kingdom had the same issue. Pwdatabase did update recently with quest info which should help though there's no coordinates. I'm also working on a Royal Sky Quest Chain wiki page which includes quest objectives if you need help with other quests.
    Post edited by obielle on
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    Thank you. Dug on ground at location given by clicking item in quest.
  • bananaphone#0878
    bananaphone#0878 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    i've been spam click the ground underneath the ancient lantern for 2+hours. i can't find it. i am at (355 706) nothing works. i tried contacting gm and they are doing nothing too. this is so frustrating!!!

Edited because using all caps is rude.​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
  • obielle
    edited October 2018
    There won't be a cursor when you're looking for it, you need to hover somewhere below the moon. A handy tip as well is to make sure you have your quest hints turned on, which you can find from the Optimization settings (the wrench icon at the top-left of the window). It will show a popup of the quest objective when your mouse is hovering over the right spot.

Also, here's an image of where my cursor was when I was digging it which might help you. You can also see the quest tip on there. Nobody comment on my lack of Ancient Gift :#

MrxrGbt.png

If you still can't get it, let me know and I'll see if I can get another image since it's from a video recording.

• bananaphone#0878
    i believe im clicking the right spot, but i still cant seem to find it, there's also no hidden quest thing showing
  • obielle
    I made that reply while I wasn't in-game so didn't give a lot of details about the quest hint, but do you have "Mouseover - Hidden Quest Hints" box unticked in your optimization settings? That's what you'll want to get the little popup - I forgot for a moment that the setting works different from what you'd expect. Try aiming your camera the same way in the picture (facing slightly down towards the ground), it should be easier to dig. Also, try just moving your cursor slowly around the area under the moon and see if the moon lights up a bit when doing so, make sure to check just above the ground as well. When it lights up your cursor is on the digging spot.

I had a look at my recording but a lot of the angles in it are about the same as the one I gave you. Most I can really do is get another character to the quest and get some more pics at a better angle.

• bananaphone#0878
    https://ibb.co/guz4qf

:P Helppppppp :confounded:
  • obielle
    Yeah, uncheck that box because it's misleading. The quest hint popup should appear when hovering around the area after you've unchecked it and applied the settings.

• bananaphone#0878
    I've tried unchecking it, still doesnt work
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I've been able to dig the lantern very easily by turning to screen so that you look directly down towards the ground, stand on/near the spot, and then dig the lantern itself.
    Though Im confused because it seems like you have the quest and still need to do it, but the lantern is light up as if you already dug it?..
  • obielle
    Okay, so I got a character to the point of the quest and I've made a gif which hopefully can help. You can see me moving the cursor in and out and you'll notice the moon lights up a little, and I draw a circle with my cursor around where you need to click. The first angle isn't great, but I also show this from an angle facing towards the ground which is much easier to dig from. I did notice that while recording I did have to click a few times in the same spot to get it to dig, so you may have to click a few times in the same spot or move your cursor a few pixels.

https://i.imgur.com/S3jRlVn.gifv

Didn't want to embed it here because it was about 2.5MB or so. I hope it helps. If not then I'm not really sure what else to suggest other than making sure your inventory isn't full, or possibly trashing and retaking the quest.