vitea mobs

who else finds these really difficult to kill on there alts that are not super geared

Comments

• tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Killed them ona main for alts- took a lot longer for them to get it all but it worked
  • drgnpoison
    drgnpoison Posts: 10 Arc User
    yea that works except for the alts on mains account that i made with the main 10 years ago
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    There's different types of mobs btw, you don't need to go for the strongest ones.

EDIT: Oh, and you can aoe on the mobs someone else is tanking, you'll get vitae depending on how much dmg you deal, so, you don't need to kill them yourself.

Mr. Justice
  • drgnpoison
    drgnpoison Posts: 10 Arc User
    my wiz in full g16 gets 3 shots by the mobs of her lvl but yes im aware of all that
  • mom#1582
    mom#1582 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Get some passives or go with a squad or a healer. G16 sb +4-7 and I have no trouble. Assuming passives help a lot.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Do it in a group if you're having trouble. It's no worse than zen parties back in the day and goes fairly quick.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    mom#1582 wrote: »
    Get some passives or go with a squad or a healer. G16 sb +4-7 and I have no trouble. Assuming passives help a lot.

You say get some passives, as if the game is just handing them out at the npc for 50 coins each. In reality, it takes year/years to max those out, and The passive themselves require sky levels-which in turn, require vitae.
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    All my g15/g16 alts (+3 to +5) can handle the Arcane Sky mobs just fine, though it takes a while. My g16 +5 Seeker tanked all of them with bp in a party I joined yesterday. Took half an hour of constant Vortex to max out the 4k I have available.

The bottom line is - doing it in a group is the way to go, but if you can't find one try going for the easier mobs solo.
  • mechabeastmc666
    yoabu#2667 wrote: »
    All my g15/g16 alts (+3 to +5) can handle the Arcane Sky mobs just fine, though it takes a while. My g16 +5 Seeker tanked all of them with bp in a party I joined yesterday. Took half an hour of constant Vortex to max out the 4k I have available.

The bottom line is - doing it in a group is the way to go, but if you can't find one try going for the easier mobs solo.

That sounds logical. My bm can kill all of them by himself but it's a clear disadvantage to a squad, because it takes too long by himself. even if the vitae is reduced by half or more, If i can kill them 50% or even higher faster, then with a squad it would give better results. I knew it rationally, but just never got around to doing anything the past few days.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    I killed a few and it gave me 1 vitae for each. Not worth the time.
  • yoabu#2667
    On my main I was getting 55 for each mob at the spot near Magnier in a party of 5. Took us maybe 10 minutes to max out the daily limit. I had Ancient Gift running after doing dailies, though.
  • shabvendor
    shabvendor Posts: 1 Arc User
    my wiz is shifting sky 2 but her gear isnt very optimal g16+3 unsharded bc shes an alt wasnt really necassry to upgrade gear to high
  • bootlegger69
    bootlegger69 Posts: 33 Arc User
    why would I do it in a group if I go from 200 vitae to 19-24 vitae per mob please tell me how thats the way to go
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Option A: join a party
    Option B: APS the mobs one by one don’t aoe
    Option C: play it smart don’t aoe, aoeing gets all the mobs on you and eats the charms/HP pots
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    why would I do it in a group if I go from 200 vitae to 19-24 vitae per mob please tell me how thats the way to go

It is for those who can't tank those mobs by themselves or kill them fast.
  • bootlegger69
    I can kill them one by one no problem the problem is other people aoeing all the mobs while I am there grinding there for taking all the mobs and killing me in the process if I am not there babysitting my toon
  • mom#1582
    mom#1582 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Should prob babysit your toon then..
  • mechabeastmc666

Because it's like this: You have a set vitae gain limit. Lets use 20k for example.

No matter what, the more effective time to grind vitae is when that limit is not reached. And lets use my char for example but you can pretty much apply it to anyone who wasnt already maxed out with sky lvl's before they came. Personally, i can kill them by myself with just my own buff. However it takes way too long to do so compared to the squad.

So what are my options? Spend hours and hours there by myself to Reach the 20k gain limit, Or reach the 20k gain limit it in maybe a couple hours if i have a squad? That make sense right? That doesnt apply to someone who can One shot the mobs by themselves and takes 1 dmg from them of course.

Grinding vitae in the first place, should be a last resort. Only when u have no more quest that gives it. Overall i like the idea of it. Kinda reminds me of the old-zen days before everyone could instantly kill everything...well multiplied by like 200%

• bootlegger69
    He has no problems with the mobs one by one even playing the toon I can't fight more then one so I don't try to and I should be able to walk away for 10-15 min to get something to eat or drink have a smoke or heaven forbid someone has to go take a dump to come back to either someone atacking all the mobs and I am dead or barely alive oe atacking a mob and not getting squat for vitae cause they are using aoe and hitting all the mobs including the one I am atacking so again the fault isn't my toon but other people
  • mechabeastmc666
    He has no problems with the mobs one by one even playing the toon I can't fight more then one so I don't try to and I should be able to walk away for 10-15 min to get something to eat or drink have a smoke or heaven forbid someone has to go take a dump to come back to either someone atacking all the mobs and I am dead or barely alive oe atacking a mob and not getting squat for vitae cause they are using aoe and hitting all the mobs including the one I am atacking so again the fault isn't my toon but other people

Well how long in total are you over there? Because if you cant maxx out your 20k gain within maybe a Hour or so then you cant expect the rest of the server to just Skip their daily vitae gain because you need that day for you. Im not defending the KS, But im just saying, If end result is the same, why not do it quicker.
  • bootlegger69
    Usally about an hour maybe hour n a half depends if I have to go in and repair my dagz and I don't expect anyone to wait there are more the enough mobs for everyone to take one the problem is the greedy a holes that want to take all the mobs and it usually never fails someone will show up and cause an issue. There have been a few times where we actually shared the mobs chatted n friended ea other another time I was invited to the squad which I apreciated n thanked them but went from 200 vitae per mob to 19-24 per mob.
  • yoabu#2667
    You get less vitae but you kill the mobs quicker. If your gear doesn't allow you to AoE mobs, I imagine that most parties make the whole thing quicker for you rather than slower.
  • bootlegger69
    Please explain how having to kill ten to 12 mobs to equal the amount of vitae I get from killing 1 mob is faster I really would like to know how that works
  • kiania#3647
    kiania#3647 Posts: 4 Arc User
    hmm idk how much you are getting from mobs but i was in a party of 3 and grinded 5k of mobs for all 3 in 5-10 mins
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Sounds like he's Twilight Sky and possibly squadding up with people who are Royal Sky, so the amount of vitae he gains is nerfed plus his limit is 20k a day, so it would take a lot longer for him to hit the cap compared to those of us who are Royal Sky.

Hope I explain this part right, but from what I know total vitae gained (if you add all squad member's vitae up) from each mob is multiplied in a squad similar to the EXP multiplier and then split evenly among the squad, but I've found it only really does that if everyone is at the same boundary tier. I've only really tested that with 2 Royal Sky people in squad so I could be talking absolute fluff. I don't really know how it works when you've got players from different tiers squadded together but it doesn't seem to have a multiplier and vitae isn't split evenly.

Anyway, I couldn't really say whether it's faster or slower in this case. Maybe it's not as great if you've got a larger squad and they're mixed boundary tiers. My Twilight Sky char gets 46 vitae and my Royal Sky char gets 54 vitae without Ancient Gifts, and with my Royal Sky char being much stronger it might be faster for my Twilight Sky char (never tested), but introducing another Royal Sky char makes everyone's vitae go down a fair chunk.

You'll probably have a bit of a hard time being able to grind the Twilight Sky mobs alone without getting KSed while the expansion's new. Eventually people will max out on their sky levels or stop bothering with the mobs so much and it should clear out a lot more by then.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I can confirm that having a royal character in squad will nerf the vitae greatly. I can have a squad of 8x twilight sky characters that get around 52 vitae per kill, but as soon my sin jump into the squad (shes royal sky) the vitae gets nerfed to 10 per kill for everybody. The vitae doesnt change as much if its a twilight sky character that joins.

Im not sure about other tiers. I bot twice a day with two different full squad. One with all twilight sky characters which give 52 per kill, and last squad with mixed tiers (astral, shift, twilight, and royal) around 10 vitae per kill.
  • bootlegger69
    edited October 2018
    you all talk about 5k I am still TS10 so its 20k and my bm only astral sky 8 and i wont even bother trying to to the vitae mobs period with her because its an absolute waste of time, it doesn't matter if its 5 or 50 min if I was there 1st it doesn't give someone the right to drop down n set up vortex or what ever n pull all the mobs and kill you in the process, I have lost a couple percent exp which at 103/102/102 is not a small amount of exp and spent a few million on guardian scroll because of this. I have already been warned once in here and and was threatened to be banned, I tried to put in a ticket and complain and of course the page wont load. WTF you take away most of the daily quest and replace it with this bs it shouldn't surprise me its obvious pw doesn't give a rats azz about the player base. I mean what did they think was gonna happen when you only put 4 locations with the hi lvl mobs for the whole server what rocket scientist came up with that bright idea.
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Idk why you refuse help if you need 20k. I always come up with my alts, ask if there is a single person/ invite etc. yes that person often refuses so I will move my toons in because it literally takes eight minutes. Sometimes someone who needs 20k does except because I can kill them faster and it takes 15 for 5k- but until I’m maxed they gain at the same rate I do. I will then move alts out except the Healer and tank so the nerf isn’t quite as bad and will help up to an hour. YOur making it harder in you by being at the highest level mobs and refusing help. Their are mobs near plowshares that are easier to kill/ it might be less vitae but if you can kill them twice as fast with less pits it’s a better deal for you since you refuse help and made that clear.
  • bootlegger69
    Idk why you refuse help if you need 20k. I always come up with my alts, ask if there is a single person/ invite etc. yes that person often refuses so I will move my toons in because it literally takes eight minutes. Sometimes someone who needs 20k does except because I can kill them faster and it takes 15 for 5k- but until I’m maxed they gain at the same rate I do. I will then move alts out except the Healer and tank so the nerf isn’t quite as bad and will help up to an hour. YOur making it harder in you by being at the highest level mobs and refusing help. Their are mobs near plowshares that are easier to kill/ it might be less vitae but if you can kill them twice as fast with less pits it’s a better deal for you since you refuse help and made that clear.

I do get help sometimes but why ask for help when I don't need it bloodpaint n sparking every 17 sec i could be out there all day if i didn't have to repair my daggers and it wont even tick my charm why go from 200 vitae to 50 or less and it takes almost the same time and hold someone else up helping me n have it tick my charm and have to use pots. If you can get 5k in 15 min and I can get 20k in a little over an hour its not taking me that much longer to just do it myself, and these people don't offer to help they just run in and start attacking like your not there and no its not possible they didn't see me I spark every 17 sec.What did you think was going to happen when you take away 60% of the dailies and replace it with the broken system that they did 5 groups of mobs for the whole server.