Jolly Old Jone??

justdax
justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
Is this intentionally gone or just a bug? I don't see the NPC anymore with the expansion. I know some people raged about this and say it messes things up - we know your opinions, not seeking them here, please. This is an issue of a significant (for some people) change in the game that is unannounced and unexpected and, somehow no surprise, not included in the patch notes that I can tell.

Would appreciate knowing if this was intentional or not. Thanks.

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Think it's intentional: the multiple bots on all servers should be gone (unusable), the spam about buying 1kk coins should be gone (all versions of this spam) and the 2 Russian spammers should find other games to earn some money, PWE should get more money since players need coins (unless they search for other games lol).

Personally I would take other actions but since I'm no employee idgaf about this 'too easy' solution.

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I think it may have been intentional as well. Back when Kalyst was discussing things with PWCN devs she did make a thread for suggestions to give to them, and Jolly Old Jones was a point of discussion at one point. Most of the info is on the first page here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1207958/psa-important-possible-changes-and-updates-coming-to-pwi/p1

Basically though, the CN version of the game hasn't had the Jolly Old Jones NPC for quite some time and I guess they wanted to remove it from our version too. Kalyst did talk about wanting to replace him with a better option but it seems that it couldn't be accomplished before her departure.

Of course, it could still be just a bug until a staff member can confirm for us.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tenebraeimpera
    tenebraeimpera Posts: 2 Arc User
    For all the high level players they dont care but to me a person returned after 5 years n pulled in 3 new fresh noobs to their first mmo PWI this would be a very depressing fact we dont bot but this was an option that made us log in each day that made this game playable ...some daily we can start doing by early stage something thats soloable n dont need a million million coin gear to finish something that dont need a squad something that made us come to pwi . If its a bug ill be happy if they fix it .IF its not then i think PWI is unplayable n can have its R9 list of members the same ol batch n be happy with them
  • tenebraeimpera
    tenebraeimpera Posts: 2 Arc User
    plus also the graphics look very depressing now after update even at full quality .Cmon PWI have a heart give us a reason to log in pls
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    From what I was told it's permanently gone! The cashers cried until they got their way! This will more than likely do away with all the players that relied on Jolly Jones for ingame cash as the game is very expensive and next to no way of making significant coin in game now! I didn't use it much, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game! I've played 9-10 years and watched them slowly force us to either spend real cash or quit playing all together!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Ill ask the question to see if we can get a response im not making any promise tho.

Thanks.​​
  • daniylyanda
    daniylyanda Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think it was intentionally too, in fact in the thread posted before for obielle, someone mention that Jolly old Jones doesnt exist anymore in China either, since the launch of this update.
  • justdax
    darkv0id wrote: »
    From what I was told it's permanently gone! The cashers cried until they got their way! This will more than likely do away with all the players that relied on Jolly Jones for ingame cash as the game is very expensive and next to no way of making significant coin in game now! I didn't use it much, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game! I've played 9-10 years and watched them slowly force us to either spend real cash or quit playing all together!

This. If this is permanent and intentional, i'm afraid it's the last straw for me. Hate to say that because i've really enjoyed and still enjoy this game, but I can't justify continuing when there's no way to get toons started and geared without CS'g. Hoping it's just a glitch, but not holding my breath. :(
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    I agree and btw I used 1 toon to earn coins to buy my Refines. Since the last big upset when people left due to losing there faction bases, resulting in prices in catshops became so high average playing can hardly pay for needed items. So I started using Jolly Jones and and started saving coins to continue to play and up grade my R9 gears. And not a army of bots, like some narrow minded people think, just my 1 toon. I even saw lots of Tempest toons hanging out with their alts doing Jolly Jones quests for coins. They prob too embarrassed to admit this. Been on 9-10 years too and now after this last try to make coins and play PWI, I do not want to play. And the people that now run this game do not care about the players and those of us that have been playing for awhile know this. Newbies, still think PWI in this forum do care. So sad they too will have to find out the hard way. PWI does not care about people here. Only about Money. I personally think they have wanted to keep only their top cashers , and drive away lower levels without money. That's why they level up the newbies faster at the beginning, they either have the $$$ to continue to buy their way up in the game or not. Sigh I love my veno , but I not going to be depressed trying to have fun when I can't. Peace out all!
  • lichtbarb#2874
    lichtbarb#2874 Posts: 2 New User
    Can somebody confirm if He's (Jolly Jones) not coming back. The earlier the better. I just came back after several years of hiatus, forgetting my old toon's credentials. I created a new one and was OK finding DQ at 1 coin, however with skills not costing any more coin. Thinking at least Jolly is still there. Without him, I think, it will be gone for us too. No one, in their right mind, will play a F2P game that only caters for the top few.

In the past I do charge, but right now I am still observing the game and thinking if it's still "WORTH" to charge. And this could be the last straw. Why? Well, admit it or not, for us newbies or starting over again, the non-cash shoppers are the players who are willing to help. Try asking those end game r999 or G17 ones, Good luck. Anecdotal experience, but, I solidified it with the experience of others whom I chatted with.

So it's pure real cash now? My pocket says NO WAY! I would rather use the cash to some games (offline/steam) where I could enjoy permanently. I know running the servers needs money that's why as I said before, I do charge depending on how much I played in it. I do know my math, and I somewhat can extrapolate how much is needed to run the servers (I do work in the same field, btw, though not game servers).

I just want to enjoy and reminisce the past of doing PVE, so I (we) may look stupid leveling up little by little needing using coins from Jolly Jones and was thinking to CS for the first fashion (lol) could prematurely end the adventure again. Yeah, thanks to all those coming from other closed PW servers out there who helped me.
  • allley
    allley Posts: 12 Arc User
    lets start a save JoJ page and see if we can get him back into the game
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    Honestly, you all need to shut it about JoJ, he ain't the only way to make coin, and if he was removed it isn't going to drive me off.
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • lichtbarb#2874
    lichtbarb#2874 Posts: 2 New User
    > @princessjulie said:
    > Honestly, you all need to shut it about JoJ, he ain't the only way to make coin, and if he was removed it isn't going to drive me off.

Like what? I am all ears. If it's doable then all hats goes to you. I'm level 63 by the way.
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Trust me, I've been playing this game for 9 years if I can do it, everyone else can too. It's really isn't that hard, That's where things like merchanting come in to play. Herbs, unneeded mats, pots, can all help, and with leveling what it is right now, you won't be 63 long.
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • meglepke
    meglepke Posts: 19 Arc User
    Jolly npc gone, coin seller spammers still on wc ijs.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Jones is back!
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    > @princessjulie said:
    > Honestly, you all need to shut it about JoJ, he ain't the only way to make coin, and if he was removed it isn't going to drive me off.

Like what? I am all ears. If it's doable then all hats goes to you. I'm level 63 by the way.

I'm sorry, but I gotta share my 2 cents on this one

In nine years, I've touched JoJ only once, then deemed it boring and tedious. So I dropped it and I've never had problems of money until I hit level 100, where BH money started to come in. Yes, even with a recent toon I had no money issues.

As for repairs fees during lower levels, I did fine on quest coins and from stuff I sold (either to catshops or to NPCs) alone. Even on melee classes, where the damage gained from battle is generally more extensive than arcane classes.

I would understand the problem with skills, if they hadn't took the coin cost away in one of the previous updates/expansions. (you still pay for the sage/demon versions, but hey, that's advanced stuff if you are below level 89/99 depending on the skill and culti level)

Pots? Lived off the stuff dropped by mobs/boss/codes/login rewards.

Refines? Never refined gear/weapon that was below g16. Even the g15 was left without refines. And lived ok through the instances.

Shards? slapped on stuff from the rewards gotten by hitting certain levels. Again, lived fine with them.

And once you hit level 100? do bh daily and let the better geared people tank the boss while you do damage and try to survive. You will occasionally get money reward to improve your toon. Which will take time, like everything else in the world.

I'm sure that any other problem you think you have can be solved if only you stop focusing solely on what you think was the only way to gain ingame money.
  • justdax
    zoube wrote: »
    Jones is back!

Thanks, good new for me, at least.

As I noted, this was just a question to see if we knew if this was intentional or not. Not intended as yet another debate over the merits of jolly old jones. thanks to those who tried to help.

@heero200 you can close this, thx.
This discussion has been closed.