Bugs/Error with the latest Expansion

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Typical thread, let's start and report all bugs and off-stuff you notice:

1. Very obvious, the patch notes say: "Players can replace Yaksha Stone and Battlement Stone with Astral Stone, and replace Genie Stone and Sovereign Stone with Raven Stone." - There isn't an option to do this at the Boutique Agent - Maybe somewhere else?!

2. Graphics seem to be glitched for players of old PC-Hardware and/or older Windows Version than Windows 10

3. Upgrading Tomes to Dominance and/or Emperor does not work atm (can someone else confirm, I literally stood in front of the forge and tested anything, nothing worked "Invalid Service Request" - Especially with the recent Tome Refine Update, this has to be FIXED ASAP @liunatik
Post edited by jsxshadow on

Comments

• zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Dog Charm items gone, it was written on them "expire on 1st october"
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Graphics are completely messed up. It looks now similar to how it used to look with "Soften" turned off, in that everything looks sharp and edgy. Doesn't seem any way to switch it back :(
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Mm sounds like He upgrade they promised a few months ago tbh - I thought the ss looked horrible but everyone was excited
  • shashlee
    shashlee Posts: 1 Arc User
    Jolly quest gone?
  • jharde
    jharde Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Under daily quests.
    Free SoulStone daily. Player level too low, this quest will be available at level 150.
    Edit: They removed it from the perfect chest in patchnotes.
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    implode wrote: »
    Graphics are completely messed up. It looks now similar to how it used to look with "Soften" turned off, in that everything looks sharp and edgy. Doesn't seem any way to switch it back :(

^ This, the graphics are messed up and i thought it was something implimented from what i heard? Hopefully not and this is just a bug. @kalystconquerer#0876

• chrisbyo26
    chrisbyo26 Posts: 22 Arc User
    my graphics are completely jacked up can't even play they are so bad its like im playing in super slow mo and textures are there its flickering and flashing like crazy i relogged rebooted verified files and everything just seems to made it worse
  • lilfoxy#1723
    lilfoxy#1723 Posts: 7 Arc User

^ This, the graphics are messed up and i thought it was something implimented from what i heard? Hopefully not and this is just a bug. @kalystconquerer#0876

^This. Before the update I had no issues with FPS, now I've got 2-4 FPS! I've tried looking for solutions my end, but am getting nowhere. I can only think it must be connected to the update, and the altered graphics would support this theory. The game is currently unplayable for me.
  • scarletlily
    scarletlily Posts: 2 Arc User
    The video issue affects older computers and is so bad that the game cannot be played. The txt in chat and other places is only readable at lowest graphics settings at 800 res. Then everything flickers in and out and after u kill a mob the game crashes.
    Unless fixed this expansion will eliminate ALL the players with older computers.
    Good work pwi for not testing anything and not informing anyone and not updating the website of the changes to the minimum system requirements.
  • scarletlily
    scarletlily Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oh I thought I would mention I do get 29 fps.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I wonder if it has anything to do with flowers - someone I know ended up with a very laggy homestead primarily due to the flowers in there. I also noticed that I can see flowers again, which was a problem with people using AMD graphics cards. My framerate's also dipped a bit despite having a decent computer. Maybe I just have a grudge against flowers.

Anyway, as for bugs, I noticed it was a bit difficult to click some target monsters/NPCs/etc in the quest tracker. I could hover over the next line down (where the title of the next quest would be) and the cursor changes, but clicking does nothing. Not entirely sure why this happens.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @zoube they were moved to the category "Misc."
  • miauii#2400
    miauii#2400 Posts: 34 Arc User
    If your graphics are messed up, go to System settings > Settings > Anti-Alias and play around with it a little bit.
  • vpandlau
    vpandlau Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have tried everything :( even the settings of Nvidia, everything is square and without light ... give us back the old graph pls or a solution...
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    Graphics are working fine for me, though I'm on Windows 10.
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    All the catshop animations are going at 2x speed for me.
  • tideborn20090
    Same no issues here- seeing lots of ppl complaining in game tho- also windows 10
  • zoube
    The only graphic issue I have is that the refraction on water is forced, the option to diable it has been removed. I used to disable it not for perfomance but cause I prefer the graphics without that refraction.
    At least I dont have to switch to disable when going out of Dawnglory island.
  • zoube
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @zoube they were moved to the category "Misc."

I'm not talking about boutique item, but about a previous event item, who had on his description "expire on 1st october 2018"
    I didn't took rewards with them cause I hoped for event with dog seal to get better rewards.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/58319
  • alcantara9
    alcantara9 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Not sure what's going on but, my game has been freezing..
    It simply stops. doesn't disconenct me or anything.
    I have to kill process on task manager, (and toon goes off right away), then log back in.

Win 10 - AMD 8350 processor - radeon r9380 graphic card.

I didnt have that issue before. Im playing on lowest graph now. see what happens.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    "Sighs", what a mess....
  • memegirl2
    Jolly Jones NPC is missing please fix this. One of the only ways left to help newbies do quests and earn coins. Thank You.
  • tideborn20090
    edited September 2018
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    Jolly Jones NPC is missing please fix this. One of the only ways left to help newbies do quests and earn coins. Thank You.
    One of th only ways to bot millions on alt accounts you mean.. no one really stays low long enough for this to matter. If it was something everyone could do I’d agree, but considering this is how a good poetion is the coin sellers make coins.. leave it out. And I don’t mean the ones in we- I mean the ones on elite papers and private Skype chats selling .
  • pandoradeathkiss
    pandoradeathkiss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This update is TOTAL TRASH ! Like for off put back starchart in fsj because now not everyone can work on starchart. second restriction on SKY levels is total bs and stupid. Keep going pwi i dare you , run this game into the ground because that's where it's headed
  • memegirl2
    tideborn20090, I have only 1 toon. Be careful what you say not everyone does the multible bot thing. You are insulting because you say things without using your brains. lol Feel sorry for you. Go take a nap.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Now I've played around with this more, the graphics problems seem to be two issues (for me anyway):
    • Soften no longer works, all it does is brightens everything a bit but it doesn't give characters that "cute soft skin" look (which I loved ever since I started playing in 2008)
    • Holding the mouse over a character used to max out lighting to show them really bright with no shadows around e.g. their face, which was perfect for taking pics. Now holding the mouse over chars just brightens them a fraction but they're still covered with shadows and look totally ugly.
    And for what? Sure the water looks really cool... but who's taking pics of water? :P
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    People with Old Computers most likely do not spend thousands on one game!! kinda sarcastic lol
  • vpandlau
    vpandlau Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I have hight config / Windows 10, many of my friends have the same problem... anyway I sent a ticket to support.

This update is really the worst I've seen in 10 years.
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    Has anyone found the option to transform genies stones/sovereigns stones into Raven Stones? Unless you did, the patch notes are false and need to be corrected.

Thanks
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Has anyone found the option to transform genies stones/sovereigns stones into Raven Stones? Unless you did, the patch notes are false and need to be corrected.

Thanks

Literally the first post...and you dare making snarky comments towards me? RIP.