New update on PWCN; New G17 armor

Comments

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @marcj17 No, you then actually have the chance to fully farm the new gear from scratch and don't even need r9. That's actually pretty good :D

good joke man.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    That instance looks like ****... everywhere is a one shot if you don't move exactly right. What's the point in gearing up if you can be instantly killed so easily?​​
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    That instance looks like ****... everywhere is a one shot if you don't move exactly right. What's the point in gearing up if you can be instantly killed so easily?​​

I think the same thing. It's ridiculous to spend so much on equipment, refines, cards, etc. to then take one-shot of any mob.

Nowadays any new dungeon is like that, any mistake = one-shot.
    I miss the old style of the game, without these ridiculous current mechanics.

These CN devs can only have s*** in their heads.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I miss the old Game style.

With the way things are tho and you can solo anything the choices are limited tho I dont think this is necessary a good idea as long as its not the whole cave being like this.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2018

So ppl aren’t solo/duo farming with 10-30 Alts and abusing the system like China. This way of farming discourages many players to advance and many even quit because they don’t have the time/means to no life/career this game like some, a lot of this versions players do this. Let’s be honest how many ppl with g17.4-5 weps now did it solely buying the mats or farming with squads daily? Small demographic tbh. Oh no ppl actually have to play together in a MMO such a crime, as long this doesn’t require keys like UP this is worth while addition to the game that may actually bring life to this solo boring bs.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »

So ppl aren’t solo/duo farming with 10-30 Alts and abusing the system like China. This way of farming discourages many players to advance and many even quit because they don’t have the time/means to no life/career this game like some, a lot of this versions players do this. Let’s be honest how many ppl with g17.4-5 weps now did it solely buying the mats or farming with squads daily? Small demographic tbh. Oh no ppl actually have to play together in a MMO such a crime, as long this doesn’t require keys like UP this is worth while addition to the game that may actually bring life to this solo boring bs.

If this can be done 5-man with 1 alt each, this would be worthwhile a lot and still fun to do. 10-man run may be rough on the progress rate depending on drop rates and key requirement or not.
  • blazerboy
    edited August 2018
    xdragonxx wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »

If this can be done 5-man with 1 alt each, this would be worthwhile a lot and still fun to do. 10-man run may be rough on the progress rate depending on drop rates and key requirement or not.

I understand the droptable concern since CN doesn’t seem to ever remember our population is barely 1/3 of China’s. But when you leave the ability to 5 man + 1 alt any instance i.e barely requireing much work beyond timing all your toons sparks and debuffs you have what many ppl do now in UP. Bring 3-5 well geared toons (most of my friends use 2-3 decent geared toons). Then a alt sb/db/mystic/bm/seeker as debuffers yolo nuke easy story.

Yes making it challenging means it’s ganna be work but if they say made it 5-6 months max of daily farming to fully get the gear I see no problem with making it a challenge vs super easy like all instances we have besides UI. Of which many won’t do because 1 they can’t easily solo/dup it to get the best rewards and 2 because rewards aren’t too worth the time to get a full team

This puts these ppl at a extreme advantage and the average player so much further behind he/she either gives up on progression gets tired of being nuked by career players and possibly quit, this does nothing but hurt the game. I’m not saying punish career players but even up the playing field for those who can devote their lives to the game like some.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @blazerboy Bad news; the instance does require keys if Google Translate is to be trusted. Well, literally every new instance requires keys these days so no surprise there.

There was also a thing about specific monsters spawning during specific time frames and players have to kill said monsters to "unseal" the entrance. I really hope this doesn't mean you have to have a server-wide instance entrance unlocking every day just to run it, especially since the time frame on China was evening. I forgot the exact time, but it was basically the time that would suck for EU players on US servers, and would be pretty bad for the US players stuck on Dawnglory as well. And we all know how generous China is when it comes to changing up times of events lol...

It may have been something unrelated, but it seemed to be about the new Twilight Temple instance.

​​
  • blazerboy
    @blazerboy Bad news; the instance does require keys if Google Translate is to be trusted. Well, literally every new instance requires keys these days so no surprise there.

There was also a thing about specific monsters spawning during specific time frames and players have to kill said monsters to "unseal" the entrance. I really hope this doesn't mean you have to have a server-wide instance entrance unlocking every day just to run it, especially since the time frame on China was evening. I forgot the exact time, but it was basically the time that would suck for EU players on US servers, and would be pretty bad for the US players stuck on Dawnglory as well. And we all know how generous China is when it comes to changing up times of events lol...

It may have been something unrelated, but it seemed to be about the new Twilight Temple instance.

​​

Once again EU or NA ganna have to take an L because China is one timezone gg
  • elayn
    elayn Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can g17 helmet made without com or r8 helmet? like from mat only
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    Like everything else they do, it's designed to make people spend money. I, for one, am fed up dumping tons of money into this game, and practically getting nothing in return.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @elayn - Yes I believe so, though I dont remember the exact details right now.
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    elayn wrote: »

Yes, it can be made with mat only (the mat is only obtainable by keys, which means it does not drop from instance)
    The option to use CoM/r8 helm to go to g17 is just to keep refine, stones, engrave....
  • darknessdestroyer
    darknessdestroyer Posts: 3 Arc User
    niicabr wrote: »
    elayn wrote: »

Yes, it can be made with mat only (the mat is only obtainable by keys, which means it does not drop from instance)
    The option to use CoM/r8 helm to go to g17 is just to keep refine, stones, engrave....

keeping it for free or chiekung cost?
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User

Well obviously this is result of the insane powercreep in this game. If they didnt 1shot you`d see maxed toons "standing in fire" and living, which also is no bueno. I am not arguing its a fun or motivating factor towards gearing up but its most likely the reason for these 1shot mechanics.

Its so stupid though with these key limitations. With that limitation the lower geared toons are blocked from doing the instance by other people as they dont want to fail in order to make most of their own keys. So even if devs put in effort to come up with an instance, which lower geared toons could do, they wont because ppl wont take them due key limitation. So they could of just given decently hard instance w/o 1shot mechanics as the ppl running it with key limitations will be pretty decked out.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I updated my PWCN and the forges for the armor are all near the g17 weapon forges.

For all this stuff remember gear with Green background is G17s1, Yellow background G17s2 and Red background G17s3

Forge1 for forging G17s1 from mats.. blue green and gold mats.
    4ZlxdRg.gif

Forge 2 for forging G17s2 from G17s1 and G17s3 from G17s2
    HZC9bU7.gif

Forge 3 for forging G17s1 from R8s3 and G17s3 from R9s4
    The mat costs seem to be the same from the 2nd forge so R9s4 is basically equivalent as a mat to G17s2.
    cY3F0Aw.gif

They added like 20 new kinds of mats .... how the hell are we going to store all this ****?
    At least they all seem to be tradeable...

Some Transmuting options
    Pt4mza1.gif

Here's the book where you record the armor.
    There are only entries for R9s1 R9s2 R9s4 R8s2 R8s3 G17s1 G17s2 and G17s3
    Hopefully we'll get R9s3 when it comes here.
    8G47SQE.gif

Any information on the upgrade path of the new G17 Helmet part of the Complect of the new gears? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    From the looks of it the helmet crafting option shown in the top gif, looks almost like a recolored jaden crystal...
    This means one of two things either
    A: pack drop or
    B: which I honestly hope it is, an item with the rarity of the Red TT mat drop rates
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Keys
    Pvh3dVf.png

I don't think there is a PVE source.

That thing between the Jaden and the Helm mat is a +10 Tome refine orb

Jaden is 0.0002%, helm mat and +10 orb are 0.0004%
    ​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Welp rip crown of madness users... I’m hoping this thing is equivalent to crown cause if it’s better I can see crowns plummeting in price.....
    Anyway to translate the stats on it?
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    wUxnksI.png
    looks like the blue stats are
    Phys. Res.: +450
    Mag. Res.: +250
    Atk. Level +8
    Def. Level +8
    Critical Hit Rate +2%
  • blazerboy
    skarthos wrote: »
    wUxnksI.png
    looks like the blue stats are
    Phys. Res.: +450
    Mag. Res.: +250
    Atk. Level +8
    Def. Level +8
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

Welp Rest In Peace crown of madness and crown of apex

• dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    i commend Asterelle for saying the truth about how crappy the mechanics is...gearing up just to be 1shot... hahaha well people asked for it when they said end game instances are boring... now they get what they wish for... its really boring as well if you keep doing it over the same time same reason why in this day and age people still skip matrix on aeu.. hahaha/.
    @blazerboy trolling yet again... we didn't say its bad for teamwork but usually SPLITS are the problem for this.. its somehow profitable for the BIG FARMERS who has r9 alts farming up and dh with a press of a button......and somehow pwi is not fixing this...... im not gonna say its bad practice to script farming since we get to get g17 mats on market instead of waiting 3 hours for squads to be complete. in serious point of view g16 doing up and dh is a tedious process... and insanely long which takes away the fun of doing it.. and the reason why mmorpg is dying because people don't have time to do stuff that takes time....
    the new dungeon is a script haven sadly. most mechanics are telegraphed and needs to be exact which means script is the only way of doing things efficiently and fast... discord maybe if people are not lazy enough to just buy mats....but i doubt people will run this.. just the same reason people are not doing IU...
    long live the scripts...this is gonna be fun..
  • blazerboy
    edited October 2018
    i commend Asterelle for saying the truth about how crappy the mechanics is...gearing up just to be 1shot... hahaha well people asked for it when they said end game instances are boring... now they get what they wish for... its really boring as well if you keep doing it over the same time same reason why in this day and age people still skip matrix on aeu.. hahaha/.
    @blazerboy trolling yet again... we didn't say its bad for teamwork but usually SPLITS are the problem for this.. its somehow profitable for the BIG FARMERS who has r9 alts farming up and dh with a press of a button......and somehow pwi is not fixing this...... im not gonna say its bad practice to script farming since we get to get g17 mats on market instead of waiting 3 hours for squads to be complete. in serious point of view g16 doing up and dh is a tedious process... and insanely long which takes away the fun of doing it.. and the reason why mmorpg is dying because people don't have time to do stuff that takes time....
    the new dungeon is a script haven sadly. most mechanics are telegraphed and needs to be exact which means script is the only way of doing things efficiently and fast... discord maybe if people are not lazy enough to just buy mats....but i doubt people will run this.. just the same reason people are not doing IU...
    long live the scripts...this is gonna be fun..

Mats on the market? Most of the ppl who script these instances to keep the items themselves. Who do you know who actually does all this work for coin when they can just merchant? Nobody is trolling you’re somehow taking the ideology of actually playing an mmo with a community is trolling welp ok cool story
  • slystar
    slystar Posts: 4 Arc User
    I updated my PWCN and the forges for the armor are all near the g17 weapon forges.

For all this stuff remember gear with Green background is G17s1, Yellow background G17s2 and Red background G17s3

The mat costs seem to be the same from the 2nd forge so R9s4 is basically equivalent as a mat to G17s2.
    cY3F0Aw.gif

When you check the helmets in the 3rd gif, I notice there is a separate item to be used to upgrade the R8 recasted helmets, that is separate from the earlier discussed Keys- item. Is there any knowledge of how to obtain this "grayish" crystal?
    Leonidis 105/105/105 Sage BM

Best Blademaster for 9+ Years

Leo PWI YT!!
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    slystar wrote: »

cY3F0Aw.gif

When you check the helmets in the 3rd gif, I notice there is a separate item to be used to upgrade the R8 recasted helmets, that is separate from the earlier discussed Keys- item. Is there any knowledge of how to obtain this "grayish" crystal?

I went and looked at the forges, didnt see anything you could use to upgrade helms `cept the purpleish key item. I dont know if its been pointed out but you dont need base helm to upgrade to the new helm, you could just create new helm with the key item but I suspect the reason why there are forges for all these helms is so you could keep refines/shards of your old helm. Will likely cost chienkungs though.
  • soldestinyray
    soldestinyray Posts: 15 Arc User
    Great... Only way to get g17 helmet is paying for pack.... Rather farm and take my chance of it dropping than gamble on key....
  • slystar
    slystar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It just seems strange because the items look entirely different from that very low % key item to a slightly more 'dull' lavender in the gif. But if that is still a pack item, that would be extreme garbage. .-.
    Leonidis 105/105/105 Sage BM

Best Blademaster for 9+ Years

Leo PWI YT!!
  • kiania#3647
    kiania#3647 Posts: 4 Arc User
    hmm maybe the lighting but the characters for both items are the same
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I'm assuming that, since the "set bonus book" is introduced together with g17 armour, one cannot equip ring+belt r9.4 and 5 g17 items and enjoy bonuses from both sets?