Expansion

New engraving, Glyph refining, and more content geared for the few percent who spend a lot of money. Congratulations! For the casual, or average player, (which is most of us), more imbalance! YAY! :|

Comments

• dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    lol i like u already.... everything that u said is there...
  • miauii#2400
    miauii#2400 Posts: 34 Arc User
    Where exactly did you read about the glyph refining?
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    Where exactly did you read about the glyph refining?

PWI Facebook

• bananabanban
    bananabanban Posts: 18 Arc User
    OP means tome refining not glyph
  • louzou#4034
    louzou#4034 Posts: 3 Arc User
    You missread.

PWI Fb : Tome Refinement: Refine Tomes like any other gear and enhance their power.
  • miauii#2400
    yeah okay i was confused... i read about the tome refining but when i just heard glyph refining i was like 'what'.
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    Sorry, my mistake. I don't know why I wrote glyph. Wonder if it will be just certain tomes, or any, that can be refined?
  • miauii#2400
    From my understanding it would be the emperor you can be refine. But for that you need some other items/mats/stones (whatever it will be called) that you probably get from decomposing other tomes?! Not sure tho!
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Increasing P2W has always been the gimic these last 2yrs. Either you play the game religiously without taking anytime off or spend obscene money nothing new
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    gravewulf wrote: »
    New engraving, Glyph refining, and more content geared for the few percent who spend a lot of money. Congratulations! For the casual, or average player, (which is most of us), more imbalance! YAY! :|

You must be new to PWI.

God forbid a for profit company caters to people who pay real money to play it.
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »

You must be new to PWI.

And how has strictly catering to whales worked for playerbase? PWE needs ridiculous amounts of money per whale to meet their goals nowdays instead of taking less from larger pool of ppl. I understand its too late to change the approach now but instead of ppl calling for server merges(again) there could of been a lot healthier servers left with different approach to monetization of the game. Not to mention F2P players are very important to games longevity, not everybody can or want to spend money but they do fill the world and provide ppl to play with for those who do spend money so while you cant put value on them for how much they spend, they are still definitely positive for the game.

Ps. Its pretty sad when there are private servers which are more active than retail.
  • jadasia
    edited September 2018

You must be new to PWI.

And how has strictly catering to whales worked for playerbase? PWE needs ridiculous amounts of money per whale to meet their goals nowdays instead of taking less from larger pool of ppl.

PS. Its pretty sad when there are private servers which are more active than retail.

People who pay money to play keep PWI employees employed, Developers developing, servers up, etc. They deserve to be better than those who contribute nothing. Welcome to capitalism. Without them you have no game to play.

If you think you can run a better MMO company then by all means go for it.

PS..the old saying "You get what you pay for" applies here just as well as anywhere else. You want more then pay for it.

Also, it's none of your business how much other people choose to spend and buy or how they choose to play the game
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User

You must be new to PWI.

And how has strictly catering to whales worked for playerbase? PWE needs ridiculous amounts of money per whale to meet their goals nowdays instead of taking less from larger pool of ppl.

PS. Its pretty sad when there are private servers which are more active than retail.

People who pay money to play keep PWI employees employed, Developers developing, servers up, etc. They deserve to be better than those who contribute nothing. Welcome to capitalism. Without them you have no game to play.

PS..the old saying "You get what you pay for" applies here just as well as anywhere else. You want more then pay for it.

Also, it's none of your business how much other people choose to spend and buy or how they choose to play the game

People can contribute a lot to a game and its community more ways than simply $$$. HurrDurr was just stating his opinion, and he is welcome too. I agree with him. You are also welcome to state your opinion as you have done! However i do not agree with your opinion that people should not have opinions and "mind their own business." Apathy is how pwi got to the poor state it's in.

Personally i'm wishing a swift death to PWI in hopes it will be licensed to a company that can run it better. Because it really is a good game, but really is ran poorly.
    m5arXCN.png
  • jadasia
    prancing wrote: »

You must be new to PWI.

People can contribute a lot to a game and its community more ways than simply $$$. HurrDurr was just stating his opinion, and he is welcome too. I agree with him. You are also welcome to state your opinion as you have done! However i do not agree with your opinion that people should not have opinions and "mind their own business." Apathy is how pwi got to the poor state it's in.

Personally i'm wishing a swift death to PWI in hopes it will be licensed to a company that can run it better. Because it really is a good game, but really is ran poorly.

Actually having the game run on an obsolete game engine with all its limitations has a lot to do with the issues the game is suffering from.

And I will state again, how much and what people spend their own money on in game is nobody's business but their own.

Free to play people don't pay the bills to keep company lights on. PWI needs money from players to exist and the players need an incentive to give up their money.

Consider the F2P aspect of the game as a limited trial version of the game. Want more than pay for it like others do.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Think the balance got a lil off tilt in regards to this game. Just look at its first few years compared to the last few years, and in it's first years when the servers where packed all had access to the more of the game if they had some time and the desire too. Prob a choice a ways back to up the price of the drug's while the masses of the users where nibbling, and at the same time restrict the *()(*& s. Oh and in regards to it's nobody's business but there own, maybe for a few. Some of em sure Don't mind using we are more special then you attitudes, which kinda makes it others business when it gets personal.. Yeah, there's the need to make money. And there is also the choices on how to go about it as well. Would be interesting on the talk behind closed doors and whispers in the gaming community pertaining to what they say about it all.....Gaming community being other studios, developers ect. Ask around ask some random people if they have heard of pwi, especially the younger crowd... I strike out, bet the odd's would of been extremely higher about 10 years ago of maybe finding oh yeah!!,,,, Choices.
    Post edited by wettstyle on
  • darknessdestroyer
    darknessdestroyer Posts: 3 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »

You must be new to PWI.

Actually having the game run on an obsolete game engine with all its limitations has a lot to do with the issues the game is suffering from.

And I will state again, how much and what people spend their own money on in game is nobody's business but their own.

Free to play people don't pay the bills to keep company lights on. PWI needs money from players to exist and the players need an incentive to give up their money.

Consider the F2P aspect of the game as a limited trial version of the game. Want more than pay for it like others do.

you are literally the new Joe of the forum, but smart.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    No amount of money will fix this sinking ship.
  • hurrdurrurr

You must be new to PWI.

I dont even. Its like you read nothing of what I said.

F2P players are extremely important to the longevity of this game - They provide items/services to paying players. They become faction mates, friends, just general playerbase to interact with. You cut them out and the game looks and feels lot emptier. They might not pay but they provide clear positive to PWE by just playing and keeping paying players entertained.

Not that there are many truly f2p players left in this game as their means to play the game has drastically been cut. And you know what, even some of the bigger spenders are moving towards private servers because they are flat out bored on PWI. PWI is losing by kicking f2p players on the head too many times.

But sure, go on bout capitalism like you have no brain.
  • jadasia
    edited September 2018

You must be new to PWI.

F2P players are extremely important to the longevity of this game - They provide items/services to paying players. They become faction mates, friends, just general playerbase to interact with. You cut them out and the game looks and feels lot emptier. They might not pay but they provide clear positive to PWE by just playing and keeping paying players entertained.

Not that there are many truly f2p players left in this game as their means to play the game has drastically been cut. And you know what, even some of the bigger spenders are moving towards private servers because they are flat out bored on PWI. PWI is losing by kicking f2p players on the head too many times.

I read what you said but try reading what I said. PWI/PWE is a for profit company. It seems they are purposely thinning out non-paying clients to reduce their overhead costs including but not limited to server bandwidth and employee time dealing with tickets from non paying players.

The company wants to cater to and allocate their resources to paying customers. Which for profit company doesn't? It's a business.

As stated earlier think of F2P people playing a limited trial version of the game. They get what they pay for.

• thegreatarashi#9864
    thegreatarashi#9864 Posts: 24 Arc User

You must be new to PWI.

PWI needs to go Pay to Play to get new players, currently there's a way too high gap between old and new players, not to mention cs'ers.
  • hurrdurrurr

You must be new to PWI.

I read what you said but try reading what I said. PWI/PWE is a for profit company. It seems they are purposely thinning out non-paying clients to reduce their overhead costs including but not limited to server bandwidth and employee time dealing with tickets from non paying players.

The company wants to cater to and allocate their resources to paying customers. Which for profit company doesn't? It's a business.

As stated earlier think of F2P people playing a limited trial version of the game. They get what they pay for.

If they are doing it intentionally, they are bunch of idiots who dont know what keeps their game making money for them. PW still has pretty good interest among people for a game this old, its just lot of ppl have chosen to switch to private servers because of how official servers are being run. I saw a mount contest, with 10 min notice, gather 50+ ppl on one of the private servers. That so wouldnt be possible on any official server if they tried doing it, maybe with a proper notice but not just randomly happening during the day.

Its too late to change the approach, I said as much in my first post but here I thought company wants to make as much profit as possible. Cutting F2P players will not accomplish that, it only accomplishes closing servers faster. We are closing towards losing the critical mass of which keeps the servers somewhat alive. TWs are already dead but losing much more of the playerbase and xTWs become completely empty too making playing this game more or less pointless for a lot of players. Not saying xTW doesnt have its problems but its still the main selling point of this game currently.

PWIs playerbase is too small as it is to truly support how this game is "supposed to be played", cutting more and more ppl from it, paying or not, results in "unplayable" game.

If you cant understand this, you are hopeless.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User

You must be new to PWI.

If they are doing it intentionally, they are bunch of idiots who dont know what keeps their game making money for them. PW still has pretty good interest among people for a game this old, its just lot of ppl have chosen to switch to private servers because of how official servers are being run. I saw a mount contest, with 10 min notice, gather 50+ ppl on one of the private servers. That so wouldnt be possible on any official server if they tried doing it, maybe with a proper notice but not just randomly happening during the day.

Its too late to change the approach, I said as much in my first post but here I thought company wants to make as much profit as possible. Cutting F2P players will not accomplish that, it only accomplishes closing servers faster. We are closing towards losing the critical mass of which keeps the servers somewhat alive. TWs are already dead but losing much more of the playerbase and xTWs become completely empty too making playing this game more or less pointless for a lot of players. Not saying xTW doesnt have its problems but its still the main selling point of this game currently.

PWIs playerbase is too small as it is to truly support how this game is "supposed to be played", cutting more and more ppl from it, paying or not, results in "unplayable" game.

If you cant understand this, you are hopeless.

You forget that PW is not the only title the PWI team manages.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User

You must be new to PWI.

While pretty much all of what you said about this game is in some way true, and indeed pwi caters to heavy cashers more than anyone else. And yes, it would be naive to expect that a company that is for profit would put f2p people on same ground as real costumers that are dumping thousands on this game, even if we take all that in consideration, I think there is a huge flaw on your whole argument.
    The problem whit what you are saying is that the whole argument of taking f2p players as a part of a trial version, demo or whatever you want to call it can not be applied to a f2p and p2w game as this one. Trial version are aplied to either subscription based or b2p games.

Even if you disregard almost everything of what @hurrdurrurr and @prancing said to you, there is still something that you need to ask yourself about f2p/p2w and hardcore cashers (whales) and the question is:
    Why they dump huge amounts of money on a game?

Now don't get the wrong Idea, I am not judging them or making fun of them, in fact I agree with you that it is their money, hence, no one can judge them how they spend it. Also it is true that it is thanks to them that all f2p/p2w games keep running.
    However the question still remains, and as I said before, not to judge or troll them, but mainly because you seem to be mising a big aspect about many p2w players and the type of person this kind of game is targeting.

To put it simple, if you remove f2p people almost completly from the game, specially from the pvp aspect, you only have a bunch of whales that would have to kill each other to have fun, if you do that, the game is not p2w anymore, it is nothing more than a super expensive pay to pvp game. People who usually put insane amounts of money on the pvp side of a f2p game, do it to have an advantage over others, not to strugle against people same geared or even better geared than them.
    Of course that what both @hurrdurrurr and @prancing replied before also affect the longevity of the game, however it will not kill it immediately, PWI in fact is the living proof of a game that got its internal economy completly destroyed by both the developer and Publisher and somehow manages to survive. However if you remove the capacity of the whales to feel powerful and important, you are killing their purpose for dumping the ton of money they put in the game.

I know that what I am saying may sound really offensive for some people here, but trust me when i say that it is not my intention to flame them or insult them in any way. However, no matter what people try to argue against this, it can not be denied, sure there are exceptions of heavy cashers that don't care about pw2 advantage, some are just fashion addicts or pack/key addicts, but still most of the ones that spend a ton are the hardcore pvp kind, and not the type of players that want to just have fun. And as I say before if you completly remove their gear advantage, you are removing their reason to play. And leaving the game only with rich people with pretty much the same gear is exactly that, that is not different than puting them in a pv server...
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    thegreatarashi#9864 Posts: 24 Arc User
    eeepsilon wrote: »

You must be new to PWI.

While pretty much all of what you said about this game is in some way true, and indeed pwi caters to heavy cashers more than anyone else. And yes, it would be naive to expect that a company that is for profit would put f2p people on same ground as real costumers that are dumping thousands on this game, even if we take all that in consideration, I think there is a huge flaw on your whole argument.
    The problem whit what you are saying is that the whole argument of taking f2p players as a part of a trial version, demo or whatever you want to call it can not be applied to a f2p and p2w game as this one. Trial version are aplied to either subscription based or b2p games.

Even if you disregard almost everything of what @hurrdurrurr and @prancing said to you, there is still something that you need to ask yourself about f2p/p2w and hardcore cashers (whales) and the question is:

Now don't get the wrong Idea, I am not judging them or making fun of them, in fact I agree with you that it is their money, hence, no one can judge them how they spend it. Also it is true that it is thanks to them that all f2p/p2w games keep running.
    However the question still remains, and as I said before, not to judge or troll them, but mainly because you seem to be mising a big aspect about many p2w players and the type of person this kind of game is targeting.

To put it simple, if you remove f2p people almost completly from the game, specially from the pvp aspect, you only have a bunch of whales that would have to kill each other to have fun, if you do that, the game is not p2w anymore, it is nothing more than a super expensive pay to pvp game. People who usually put insane amounts of money on the pvp side of a f2p game, do it to have an advantage over others, not to strugle against people same geared or even better geared than them.
    Of course that what both @hurrdurrurr and @prancing replied before also affect the longevity of the game, however it will not kill it immediately, PWI in fact is the living proof of a game that got its internal economy completly destroyed by both the developer and Publisher and somehow manages to survive. However if you remove the capacity of the whales to feel powerful and important, you are killing their purpose for dumping the ton of money they put in the game.

I know that what I am saying may sound really offensive for some people here, but trust me when i say that it is not my intention to flame them or insult them in any way. However, no matter what people try to argue against this, it can not be denied, sure there are exceptions of heavy cashers that don't care about pw2 advantage, some are just fashion addicts or pack/key addicts, but still most of the ones that spend a ton are the hardcore pvp kind, and not the type of players that want to just have fun. And as I say before if you completly remove their gear advantage, you are removing their reason to play. And leaving the game only with rich people with pretty much the same gear is exactly that, that is not different than puting them in a pv server...

I envy f2p players who are content with PvE in this game.
    Segregating the f2p players however, is a dumb move for any game. The economy was destroyed by PW due to the fact that there were no worthwhile coinsinks implemented into the game (e.g. building a drakeflame via NPC costs about 4b coins, while to buy via wc you can get one for about 120m).
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I envy f2p players who are content with PvE in this game.
    Segregating the f2p players however, is a dumb move for any game. The economy was destroyed by PW due to the fact that there were no worthwhile coinsinks implemented into the game (e.g. building a drakeflame via NPC costs about 4b coins, while to buy via wc you can get one for about 120m).

There is also the fact that pw China has been constantly pushing changes that make f2p players completly unnecessary for the cashers from an economic point of view. In the past there was a sort of synergy between both of them, but now this game is in a state in which cashers can literally generate billions of coin from keys or packs without even selling stuff to other players, sure there was always ways to generate money out of packs, but it was not as much as it is from the current key/pack system.

On the other hand there is almost nothing that a f2p player can generate now that a casher would need. Even some of the items that would be basic for a f2p player to survive, like outdated basic gear, the developer tried to put them behind a paywall, this lead us to another problem on this game which is terrible management of power creep.
    While other games try to make old and outdated gear/systems easy to obtain so both new and old returning players can at least catch up to pve content. PWI actually make it harder by pretty much saying to those people: “Nop, sorry dude, you need to either cash or run this end game dungeon for rich people in which you need to be carried and that most likely you would not be invited in order to to get that piece of gear, that by the way is useless and outdated for your average player, but still needed by you..."

This is something that pwcn been doing for some time now to our version.
  • jadasia
    edited September 2018
    eeepsilon wrote: »

You must be new to PWI.

Nobody is advocating the removal F2P players completely from the game. In fact F2P players have a path to end game gear too. Just takes more time and work to do it. A LOT more as it should be.

My point is that F2P players are not entitled to the same benefits as those who pay to play. If they were then there would no incentive to pay anything and the lights would go out very quickly for PWI.

In contrast to the complaint made original post there should never be any balance between those who pay money to play the game and those who don't. If you people are incapable of grasping that simple concept then that is your issue, not mine.

I literally laugh at those who think they are entitled to have the same stuff other people paid hard earned money for... for free.

And I laugh even harder when those same self entitled people complain about putting up the same effort to get to the same level of gear and etc. someone else worked hard to achieve.

That "I demand everything you have but I shouldn't have to pay for it or work as hard as you did for it because it causes imbalance in the game" mentality deserves to be ridiculed into oblivion.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Used to be a time, when paying in some games got you nicer fashion, pet's, mount's ect.. and that was the throne you stood proudly with from being a casher...this game just took off on complete pawnage of all aspects of what it offered for in game events like TW, XTW, and so on... Same people winning all the rewards for year's on a server is Stale at best, should of implemented some form of A, B, C group's based on stats which are part of each character Like Power, ect. So maybe you keep them sub VIP peep's enjoying aspect's of the game like PVP... seem's almost like HEY let's take advantage of those sucker's who have to feel like they want to be a part of something.. I think CASH should get you a advantage, BUT for only so long...
This discussion has been closed.