MISSING HOMESTEAD! (2nd Post)

redboy909
redboy909 Posts: 7 Arc User
I have already posted one about missing homestead and I did not get any help, so I am making a second one in hope that some of the development team will respond (where are they anyway? if they are not "roaming" here).
First post had the same title and posted on, February 2017 in Quality Corner. Yeah this problem lasted more than a year and still going!

I have this cleric that is r9, at twilight sky, refinement: +11 and half +12, half JOSD, MEMBER SINCE 2009!
as you can see, I have spent many time in this game and a lot of money, and even still I do not recieve any sense of care.

Now about the problem, I checked it more than 5 times, and I just rechecked after last big update for adventure kingdom.

I checked all the questline titles and each npc in the quest line, and I do not have any quest that appear.
(when I click "Enter Homestead" it gives me an error message saying: Failed to find the homestead.)

I need any kind of help from one of the members of the development team. I will keep reposting this until I get the help.

Comments

• redboy909
    edited September 2018

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately PWE staff don't check this section of the forums, let alone the majority of the forums. It's a bit odd that you can't find your quest line - looking back at your last post you said you got the popup but it's not known what happened after that. That quest is repeatable after failure so if you had trashed it then it would've just reappeared again.

Just to double check first, at Vedas in Lothranis (341 624), is there a quest showing there at all named "Restart Homestead"? I'd guess that quest will show up in grey for you if it's there.

Otherwise, I know it's been a long time but do you remember doing any of the quests at all or you just remember a popup? Wondering if maybe you're missing an item for one of the quests that you're supposed to have. Check you haven't stored any random quest items in your bank as well - I don't think any of the items can be sold.

I'll take a bit of a further look into the quests but can't guarantee anything. You might have to attempt sending in a ticket again but I think you'll need some pretty specific details about what you need, otherwise they'll just have you come back here since they're not usually in the business of investigating issues players have. Hopefully if anything we can figure out exactly what has happened.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • redboy909
    Screenshot of the error message: https://ibb.co/fTd9S9
    Screen shot of the quest log: https://ibb.co/hfPNfU
    https://ibb.co/kOPzS9
    https://ibb.co/eMWUS9
    Screen shot of character info: https://ibb.co/hnkv0U
  • redboy909
    obielle wrote: »
    Unfortunately PWE staff don't check this section of the forums, let alone the majority of the forums. It's a bit odd that you can't find your quest line - looking back at your last post you said you got the popup but it's not known what happened after that. That quest is repeatable after failure so if you had trashed it then it would've just reappeared again.

Just to double check first, at Vedas in Lothranis (341 624), is there a quest showing there at all named "Restart Homestead"? I'd guess that quest will show up in grey for you if it's there.

Otherwise, I know it's been a long time but do you remember doing any of the quests at all or you just remember a popup? Wondering if maybe you're missing an item for one of the quests that you're supposed to have. Check you haven't stored any random quest items in your bank as well - I don't think any of the items can be sold.

I'll take a bit of a further look into the quests but can't guarantee anything. You might have to attempt sending in a ticket again but I think you'll need some pretty specific details about what you need, otherwise they'll just have you come back here since they're not usually in the business of investigating issues players have. Hopefully if anything we can figure out exactly what has happened.

I just checked with vedas but nothing about restarting homestead.
    I checked my bank and inventory for the quest items, but found nothing.
    Since its been a while, I do not remember much about where it stopped, but I remember reaching Farano's quest, I am not sure if I finished it or not. Also I remember trashing the quest somewhere along the questline, because I thought it was an event quest or something not important.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Okay so "Failed to find the Homestead" is a message you get when you haven't gotten a homestead yet so that part is normal. Everything else in your screenshots seem normal, except for the lack of the homestead quest of course.

I have an alt that didn't do the homestead quests yet, so I decided to make an effort to lose their homestead quests. I tried trashing almost every single quest, putting some items in the bank, losing items on purpose, etc. I only found 3 possible ways to lose the quests - 2 are temporary, 1 is possibly permanent. None of these are quests at Farano, so I don't know if these happened to you but I thought I'd list them anyway.
    • When taking the Wine for a Star quest you'll get an Afterglow Wine which is needed to take the Mercury, the Dusk Star quest. Putting this wine in the bank will make the Mercury quest disappear but can be fixed by putting the wine back in your inventory.
    • When taking the Mercury, the Dusk Star quest the wine disappears and the quest will autocomplete. Using ninja skills you could theoretically trash this quest before it completes, losing the wine permanently. This is the only quest I didn't trash, but I think doing so would mess up the homestead quest line forever since you need the wine to take the quest. The only fix for this would be getting a GM to spawn another Afterglow Wine.
    • When getting the Five Stars In A Line quest, you can leave Momaganon and trash it to make it disappear from your quest list. You can get the quest back by re-entering Momaganon.

I couldn't find any other ways than what's listed above, as the quests can be picked up again after trashing (unless you trashed Mercury, the Dusk Star). I think the Mercury the Dusk Star quest is the only quest apart from the first quest that has different requirements than the other quests. If you think that trashing the Mercury quest is how you lost the quests, then the solution would be to request the exact item (Afterglow Wine, ID 49882) to be spawned for you. Warning though, the item can't be sold or anything so if it doesn't solve the issue then there's no way to get rid of it unless you tried sending in another ticket.

I'm not too sure if there's anything else I can investigate with the quests but I can try taking another look later on.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com