Suggestion for 3v3/6v6 Ranked to make the game more new player/competitive player friendly

thegreatarashi#9864
thegreatarashi#9864 Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Suggestion Box
Hello, I have played PWI since 2009 (on another account which I long since abandoned) and would like to suggest something that would completely change the game (hopefully for the better!).
To start off; my suggestion is the following:

⦁ Implement 3v3/6v6 ranked and 1v1 unranked with a subscription based system (make it like 10 dollars per month/season for example).

⦁ Give everyone who pays 10 dollars per month to play the 3v3 full gear/skills/stats/genie and everything else to be balanced and not cash shop based ONLY FOR THAT GAME MODE.

⦁ Implement crowdfunding: Consider those 10 dollars per person as a person paying for a service but also, introduce prizes for the top players (for example, top 0.3% gets the bulk of what the community raised in the main game in terms of gold (in 1000 players, top 30 get the BULK rewards for example).

⦁ When I say the BULK I mean about 50% for example while 40% could instead be used to support the developers to keep supporting the game mode and 10% to lower ranked players in terms of exclusive fashion for example, depending on rank.

⦁ Maybe give exclusive fashion for people every season in turn for playing this game mode to not leave all players feeling like they wasted their money (even though the 3v3 and 1v1 game modes would be enough for me to play it for years on years). Fashion in PW is a huge thing, so why not creating exclusive fashion as rewards to anyone who plays the game mode in the main game? Depending on their rank, they could have different prizes.

⦁ This game mode would also allow people to learn multiple classes and actually get a feel for them, helping them determine on what classes they would primarily like to play in the main game.

At the moment PWI has a 3v3 ranked system but it is dominated by gear players and not usually skilled players. Contrary to belief PWI is in fact a VERY skillbased game and I feel the developers, if they invested their time and effort into this they could make a game which is competitive and fun (like it used to be in 2012 which we can all agree probably was the peak of PWI's popularity). Unfortunately as time went on PW has always been noob unfriendly since it had a huge paywall to most of the game, so why not make the game instead go a different sub route (I'm not asking for a change in the game's mechanics or development in their main game, I'm asking for a chance for new players to practice PK and learn the game from that aspect first in hopes of someday achieving top gear by reaching rank 1-3 for example off of their own achievements). This game is SO much fun at high level, can you at least give the new players a chance to enjoy the full game in 1 mode?

Again, this is only a suggestion for 1 game mode, nothing else. This is not a perfect idea, but instead a start. Please make this and show the community you care about the game. Hopefully PWI staff sees this and something like this gets implemented soon. I await the average player's feedback and PWI's/PWE's!
Post edited by thegreatarashi#9864 on
Tagged:

Comments

• thegreatarashi#9864
    edited August 2018
    Reserved for further adjustments.
  • atllantic
    atllantic Posts: 1 New User
    i would love to see that being added...would return lol
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    atllantic wrote: »
    i would love to see that being added...would return lol

Agreed.
  • zsw
    zsw Posts: 37 Arc User
    I like the idea.

However, my biggest concern is that it reminds me a lot of Swordsman Online's arena. Swordsman Online had a very similar concept, except it was free to use. What ended up happening is that two completely seperate community formed - arena players who had no reason or desire to go into the open world, and open world players who had no reason or desire to go into arena. And as a result, concerns and requests of arena players were largely ignored. My guess is that it is likely because the open world population generated most of the game's revenue. I think adding in a $10/month requirement would help with that somewhat, but I still fear that the audience would be too niche.

The main reason that I liked PWI was for the mass pk aspect of it. Open world pvp, territory war, nation wars, etc. There are definitely people interested in 1v1/3v3/6v6 content exclusively, but personally, at least half the reason I'm here is for the open world. So what I'm wondering is, how could this be integrated together with the core game to support people who also want to do mass pk on top of 1v1/3v3/6v6? And how could the population who only wants to do arena exclusively still fit in and not be completely ignored?

I think if the above concern could be addressed, and the company supported this game mode, it could have a lot of potential.
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    zsw wrote: »
    I like the idea.

However, my biggest concern is that it reminds me a lot of Swordsman Online's arena. Swordsman Online had a very similar concept, except it was free to use. What ended up happening is that two completely seperate community formed - arena players who had no reason or desire to go into the open world, and open world players who had no reason or desire to go into arena. And as a result, concerns and requests of arena players were largely ignored. My guess is that it is likely because the open world population generated most of the game's revenue. I think adding in a $10/month requirement would help with that somewhat, but I still fear that the audience would be too niche.

The main reason that I liked PWI was for the mass pk aspect of it. Open world pvp, territory war, nation wars, etc. There are definitely people interested in 1v1/3v3/6v6 content exclusively, but personally, at least half the reason I'm here is for the open world. So what I'm wondering is, how could this be integrated together with the core game to support people who also want to do mass pk on top of 1v1/3v3/6v6? And how could the population who only wants to do arena exclusively still fit in and not be completely ignored?

I think if the above concern could be addressed, and the company supported this game mode, it could have a lot of potential.

I understand your opinion about the fact that you would be lacking the full experience of PvP. Mass PK and TW has always been enjoyable for me, while NW not really since gears at that point were extremely hard to acquire for even the average player.

In my original post (maybe it wasn't outlined as best as I'd hoped), I stated that those $10 per month should instead be treated as a donation for gold ingame but instead of going to the charger's boutique account, it would go to a ''crowdfunded bank'' if you would. This "bank" would then take 50% of the money and exchange it to gold, while 40% would go to the PW dev staff to give them incentive to keep working on this game mode if it was actually implemented. To top it off, the other 10% could instead go towards the graphic design staff, to give them incentive to create ''special fashion'' for male and female characters which would be given out to everyone who participated in each month/season. Now, the crowdfunded bank would then serve as a reservoir for prizes for the top ranked players. To simplify, the top ranked players would get a majority of the "crowdfunded" gold from their PvP victories in the ranked arena, it would truly be a race to the top.

This system would in turn work alongside the main game while not really intruding on it. Eventually the top ranked players and the players which practiced constantly trying to gain those top ranked spots would be able to achieve it, in turn granting them huge ingame rewards (for example, if 1000 players paid 10 dollars each, with 50% going to the "bank", then even at the minimum rate of 1 gold per dollar (or equivalent currency), it would end up equalling to 5000 gold. Now, that's a huge payout for a month's PvE for the top 20 or so players, isn't it? Some could be so enticed in the thrill of 3v3/6v6 that they would choose to stick to 1 group of friends who have the same goals as them, whether it is to shoot for the top ranks or to just start out by learning PvP basics. Evolution through constant failure is usually the best way to get good at something after all. Nobody started at the top, everyone had to grind gamesense/knowledge about mechanics alongside other things too.
    I remember as a new player I had to learn so many things and was constantly excited to find out new tips and tricks which I could use to get better as a result and improve my scores against other players.
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    edited September 2018
    I like the idea.

I understand your opinion about the fact that you would be lacking the full experience of PvP. Mass PK and TW has always been enjoyable for me, while NW not really since gears at that point were extremely hard to acquire for even the average player.

In my original post (maybe it wasn't outlined as best as I'd hoped), I stated that those $10 per month should instead be treated as a donation for gold ingame but instead of going to the charger's boutique account, it would go to a ''crowdfunded bank'' if you would. This "bank" would then take 50% of the money and exchange it to gold, while 40% would go to the PW dev staff to give them incentive to keep working on this game mode if it was actually implemented. To top it off, the other 10% could instead go towards the graphic design staff, to give them incentive to create ''special fashion'' for male and female characters which would be given out to everyone who participated in each month/season. Now, the crowdfunded bank would then serve as a reservoir for prizes for the top ranked players. To simplify, the top ranked players would get a majority of the "crowdfunded" gold from their PvP victories in the ranked arena, it would truly be a race to the top. (post divided into 2 posts since it was so long) 1/2
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    I like the idea.

This system would in turn work alongside the main game while not really intruding on it. Eventually the top ranked players and the players which practiced constantly trying to gain those top ranked spots would be able to achieve it, in turn granting them huge ingame rewards (for example, if 1000 players paid 10 dollars each, with 50% going to the "bank", then even at the minimum rate of 1 gold per dollar (or equivalent currency), it would end up equalling to 5000 gold. Now, that's a huge payout for a month's PvE for the top 20 or so players, isn't it? Some could be so enticed in the thrill of 3v3/6v6 that they would choose to stick to 1 group of friends who have the same goals as them, whether it is to shoot for the top ranks or to just start out by learning PvP basics. Evolution through constant failure is usually the best way to get good at something after all. Nobody started at the top, everyone had to grind gamesense/knowledge about mechanics alongside other things too.

I remember as a new player I had to learn so many things and was constantly excited to find out new tips and tricks which I could use to get better as a result and improve my scores against other players. 2/2
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    edited September 2018
    There is no way the community can hope to change anything in PWI if they're not actively discussing things like this on forums, so anyone who reads this I urge you to comment your 2 cents, to show PWI staff that we would actually want something like this to be implemented, instead of just reading and thinking they don't care. Of course they won't care if there are 10 unique users asking for it, but what about 10k?
  • slasher1999
    slasher1999 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yeah I agree, pwi at the moment is so dead that it's not even worth logging for. Even with the new updates/patches there's literally no motivation, it's always about outgearing. So this is ideal for people who are about pvp on even terms. ++
  • demonaa#2771
    demonaa#2771 Posts: 1 Arc User
    mmmmhh i love all of it :3
  • nagyess#8770
    nagyess#8770 Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is actually a nice idea.

Got many around me who’d stand a chance against end-game gear players by their knowledge about the game and classes, though in their current gear it’s pretty much not possible.

Though, I’d rather have some kind of shards/items/whatever, which you can exchange later on for proper gear pieces and such, like a CoM (clearly, not after 1 or 2 wins, but for a decent amount), GST and other actually useful items – since the main topic is to even the chances between properly and ungeared players, with continuing that line, it’ll be better to get such rewards on a long term.

Don’t get me wrong though, gold reward sounds nice as well, but personally I’d rather go for something that’d boost players – if they are geared, people most likely stay on the server, and they will eventually charge gold for stuff like fashion, etc.

idk
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    edited September 2018
    It is actually a nice idea.

Got many around me who’d stand a chance against end-game gear players by their knowledge about the game and classes, though in their current gear it’s pretty much not possible.

Though, I’d rather have some kind of shards/items/whatever, which you can exchange later on for proper gear pieces and such, like a CoM (clearly, not after 1 or 2 wins, but for a decent amount), GST and other actually useful items – since the main topic is to even the chances between properly and ungeared players, with continuing that line, it’ll be better to get such rewards on a long term.

Don’t get me wrong though, gold reward sounds nice as well, but personally I’d rather go for something that’d boost players – if they are geared, people most likely stay on the server, and they will eventually charge gold for stuff like fashion, etc.

idk

I mean the rewards wouldn't need to be gold! It can be anything the community and the game deems useful, fun or enjoyable to have. I just used gold since it can be traded for practically anything. It is a secondary currency to coins ingame. For example, they could even give different rewards to players based on what they want, similar to how the low level weapon tokens work > where you can pick between for example, gold or shards, or anything really.

But to be fair I think you've misunderstood my primary idea, I didn't mean people should get rewards after individual wins, but instead from the ranks they acquire over the ''season''. This would make it more like a competitive season where people actually could grind out their skill in the long term.

To be honest I would appreciate if you spread this idea around your respective servers so that more and more people could debate on this idea, so that the idea actually has a following.

Honestly I feel PW could implement this, just that barely anyone goes to support ideas on forums and that's probably why PW doesn't take more community feedback, because there is just so little support for it.
  • nagyess#8770
    nagyess#8770 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Don't get me wrong, I got your idea, though memory is short. :x
    ,,Season" rewards would work as well, I only mentioned my kind of rewarding because we are actually talking about something expensive - at least CoM is expensive af on Danwglory.

To me, the way this event would be rewarded does not really matter, as long as it has something to give to players (besides ,,PK knowledge", which is enough for some, but most of the players are like to be rewarded - which is understandable), so it will be actually an event that someone who is interested in PK would do regularly.

idk
  • thegreatarashi#9864
    Don't get me wrong, I got your idea, though memory is short. :x
    ,,Season" rewards would work as well, I only mentioned my kind of rewarding because we are actually talking about something expensive - at least CoM is expensive af on Danwglory.

To me, the way this event would be rewarded does not really matter, as long as it has something to give to players (besides ,,PK knowledge", which is enough for some, but most of the players are like to be rewarded - which is understandable), so it will be actually an event that someone who is interested in PK would do regularly.

idk

The rewards would tie into how it would affect the main part of the game, it cannot be game breaking (it can't introduce way more rewards than what is put in by the players) but at the same time it cannot be limiting. I feel gold would be the easiest to implement because it is a multipurpose currency and would lead people towards endgame (since from what I remember, gold can be used to buy R9) as what they're meant to strive towards on the main map. This would build upon the sustainability of the game mode since winners will still want to win more but the more the rewards, the more competition it should in theory create.

Additionally I also think PW could introduce rank-based rewards, depending on what peak rank the person has acquired (for example, the lowest rank bracketcould have 1 set of fashion, another rank can get 2...etc, while the top can get gold rewards based off how many people contributed and competed for it.

This I feel would be a genuinely huge prize for the top players of the game (of course I think it should be cross server) and could legitimately lead to greater things perhaps, however that's the general idea behind gold: because it's a multipurpose currency.
  • ghelo56
    ghelo56 Posts: 1 New User
    Here in pw ph we have a yearly tournament with monthly eliminations you only need to pay for $10 for registration and you can join a 6v6 competition with same gears.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    if they **** it up like battle of survival, as they make all classes same gems and procs (no individual builds) i dont wanna get along with this idea.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I'd love that! You wanna make me rich! Very well! But seriously I would love that, would draw alot of ppl into the game and thus much more competition...as long as all those Modes are available 24/7!!!! and not just a few hours a week and be accross all servers as well.

I'd pay 50 Bucks per month for that, idgaf. Even tho that might be unreasonable for most ppl and I would sit there alone then :D Honestly, I don't even need prices. I would compete for the glory and thats it.
    if they **** it up like battle of survival, as they make all classes same gems and procs (no individual builds) i dont wanna get along with this idea.

They already changed some of the aspects of gear for certain classes according to their "role". I would HEAVILY dislike it if people could chose the gear they want. That would be BS. Why? Adds more RNG to the game that we absolutely don't need. If they would make 2 sets to chose one, one defense and one offense and you could see an indicator of what each person is using at a time, then it would be OK. However, there can be no compromises then. Either max attack or max def, NOTHING IN BETWEEN. You either support or you DD, that's it (ofc good players can support and DD which is why I liked full damage mode for anyone so much but welp, thats just me).
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    after the play button is pushed,,,
    the "launch 64-bit" pop up comes on

can we have a little check off box
    in the corner stating
    "Dont show me this again"
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User

after the play button is pushed,,,
    the "launch 64-bit" pop up comes on

can we have a little check off box