PWI: MSG to GMS, better check ur spend promo

Comments

• pixiepoof
    pixiepoof Posts: 3 Arc User
    Since we're busy hating already:
    Were are our rewards for this promo? It occured in mid-July :P https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10956483-perfect-gold-and-silver-chest-event
    Early 2025
  • hocic0
    hocic0 Posts: 36 Arc User
    They lost the spreadsheet with the info, or something...
  • pypro#2405
    pypro#2405 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is the first time they're rolling back servers due to a messed up promo, and I sure think they made the right call. So many people got +3 shards Nuema Portal sets out of it. And I personally would have quit if they hadn't rolled back.

Now I hope they deal with gold refunds properly. I know people that only charged due to the amount of rewards they could get from the promo, and would not have charged right now otherwise. I sincerely hope that is dealt with fairly.

They also need to give us a code for a free absent note so people get their attendance done again without having to pay. This can also **** up chivalry points for the week, if people didn't get theirs before 4pm.

I was on Archosaur server back when it had its rollback. Basically regarding things you'd done, transactions made, rewards received, items made... you're just out of luck. All progress you'd made during that time is undone. You can try to find people you made trades with and do it over again, that's about it. You can get another chance at opening your packs again, it sucks if you're less lucky, but there's nothing you can do about it. You can remake that gear you made, but maybe you get a worse roll on stats this time, it is what it is.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    and this too: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10895924-nuema-portal-spend-raffle-double-time
    they announced some other NP spend promo-winners on twitter but never this one.

i hope that rollback doesnt make our trials undone, or i demand a cute Joe-All Class Pet as reimbursement!
  • pypro#2405
    pypro#2405 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Since we're busy hating already:
    Were are our rewards for this promo? It occured in mid-July :P https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10956483-perfect-gold-and-silver-chest-event

They forgot about this promo so much to the point they didn't even finish half of it, let alone give rewards https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10946303-four-nations-emperor-tomes
  • steakspoon
    steakspoon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I don't understand why they let old spend glitch, and they rolled back this...
    Last time a roll back happened on pwi it was years and years ago at the Dragon Orb Ocean fiasco, and then it never happened again because of just one good reason: RNG.
    Who dropped stuff from packs and didnt have proof of that, and that got rolled back, they got screwed and eventually quit the game.
    Then we also have the trades getting rolled back, if you did an excellent trade you will never ever able to replicate it again.
    Rollback is never a solution. @shalenak#8260
    You are going to get a wave of tickets of people that is going to miss items for hell sure, not sure if PWI staff is ready to receive this massive workload right during summer holidays.​​
  • gottastayhigh
    gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
    Already wrote my ticket when the News with the rollback came so i get refunded what i got which i can't get again.
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Im more annoyed cuz I sorted by Bank n Bag.

Now im gonna have to do it all again. LOL. kk so its not as bad as some people.

I think a few people are going to ticket, as long as its handled effectively.

Thanks.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    InB4 people wanna flame me again but I am stating the truth again: I am glad they rollback..there are already way too many skill-less but geared noobs and we sure af don't need more of them.

It is sad that people always jump the train for an opportunity to gain massive advantages over others but I want to say a big thank you to the honest people for reporting this early. The promo was just going on for 11 hours from this point on..it's still not too bad. Sure, I lose roughly 2 hours of farming WS and 4 3v3 fights..meh, happens. Having to deal with more overgeared squads in 3v3 would be way worse in the long run.

People need to realize the effect on the game..if you haven't been able to participate in that...you would be forced to spend thousands for that people now got for a few hundred to keep up..how insanely unfair is that. The Summer Gale wasn't even remotely as bad. you got loads of LC and pack items..but it's still rng..this here gave people insta max gear..dunno why they even compare this..lol. Stay reasonable! Peace!
  • steakspoon
    Already wrote my ticket when the News with the rollback came so i get refunded what i got which i can't get again.
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

point is, most likely PWI is not able to make cash refunds, at any point i never saw anything refunded by PWI, thus this might lead to a wave of chargebacks as well.​​
  • gottastayhigh
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    InB4 people wanna flame me again but I am stating the truth again: I am glad they rollback..there are already way too many skill-less but geared noobs and we sure af don't need more of them.

It is sad that people always jump the train for an opportunity to gain massive advantages over others but I want to say a big thank you to the honest people for reporting this early. The promo was just going on for 11 hours from this point on..it's still not too bad. Sure, I lose roughly 2 hours of farming WS and 4 3v3 fights..meh, happens. Having to deal with more overgeared squads in 3v3 would be way worse in the long run.

People need to realize the effect on the game..if you haven't been able to participate in that...you would be forced to spend thousands for that people now got for a few hundred to keep up..how insanely unfair is that. The Summer Gale wasn't even remotely as bad. you got loads of LC and pack items..but it's still rng..this here gave people insta max gear..dunno why they even compare this..lol. Stay reasonable! Peace!

Yet you get punished for something unnecessarily that was 100% NOT at your fault. The time you lost can not be gained back.
    And yeah, you might have not done alot but some people got their R9 in that period of time since its GST sale and Farmed warsong for the recent 11 hours to S3 it... Those people really gotta suffer now.
  • gottastayhigh
    steakspoon wrote: »
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

point is, most likely PWI is not able to make cash refunds, at any point i never saw anything refunded by PWI, thus this might lead to a wave of chargebacks as well.​​

Not talking about cashrefunds. I lost things due to bugs -> Got them refunded within the rollback time -> GG i can get refunded items refunded again. Not like i waited a week already :P
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    why is everyone here mentioning farming WS; did i miss something?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

Yet you get punished for something unnecessarily that was 100% NOT at your fault. The time you lost can not be gained back.
    And yeah, you might have not done alot but some people got their R9 in that period of time since its GST sale and Farmed warsong for the recent 11 hours to S3 it... Those people really gotta suffer now.

Ya I know, we farmed WS for a friend too and it sucks but how will you feel when you just spend on r9 and everyone else is now even further ahead of your character..no in another dimension for basically nothing at all..trust me. if you are anything even remotely competitive you will see that it's way worse without a rollback. I hate WS. I god damn absolutely hate it xD and now I have to do even more of it :(

And yes, it surely isn't the players fault..but when it states 10 bonus points per gold spend and they get 10 points per silver...welp, it's a little bit about honesty as well and they should know that if there is a glitch in a promo that allows them to get max stuff for basically nothing that they will have to do something about it. Yes, PWE has been insanely unreasonable..but that's giving away stuff worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for a fraction of that xD
  • gottastayhigh
    hoshichan wrote: »
    why is everyone here mentioning farming WS; did i miss something?

General Summer token sell (at least long awaited on etherblade) resulted in people getting their r9 on their mains or alts and ofc you need to s3 that r9 gear... Which results in a lot of warsong for 180 basic badges.
    And this instance can realyl get you over with after 10 hours straight: P
  • gottastayhigh

Ya I know, we farmed WS for a friend too and it sucks but how will you feel when you just spend on r9 and everyone else is now even further ahead of your character..no in another dimension for basically nothing at all..trust me. if you are anything even remotely competitive you will see that it's way worse without a rollback. I hate WS. I god damn absolutely hate it xD and now I have to do even more of it :(

And yes, it surely isn't the players fault..but when it states 10 bonus points per gold spend and they get 10 points per silver...welp, it's a little bit about honesty as well and they should know that if there is a glitch in a promo that allows them to get max stuff for basically nothing that they will have to do something about it. Yes, PWE has been insanely unreasonable..but that's giving away stuff worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for a fraction of that xD

Youre right, of course. But still, those people will have to spend more of their free time to farm that instance. And free time is a valuable thing :P For my example, its not my first R9 Character so its maybe not as bad, but still i will loose the entire rank 9 armor (not only the warsong farmed things) as i bought it within the last hours. That's kind of the worst because i had vacation which is nearly over now and i invested those 2 weeks of vacation purely into my seeker :P GG now , that progress is done for and the vacation is over. Achieving the same kind of progress is gonna take me several days then.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    So now not only did all the JFSP, DH, HS quests, working on my alts that I stayed up late last night to do going to be undone, but now the servers are all down for an unknown period of time this morning so we can't try to start to clean up the mess of half-done stuff we're left with? Anybody even going to give us any kind of estimate for when things are going to be up again?
  • gottastayhigh
    implode wrote: »
    So now not only did all the JFSP, DH, HS quests, working on my alts that I stayed up late last night to do going to be undone, but now the servers are all down for an unknown period of time this morning so we can't try to start to clean up the mess of half-done stuff we're left with? Anybody even going to give us any kind of estimate for when things are going to be up again?

Hard to tell, as we don't run into the situation of the rollback often. I would expect it not to take longer than a maintenance because it was just a short period of time that is rolled back.

But at the same time i dont know what types of Servers they run, how fast the rollback is, how the backup was saved (so i can know how fast it can be applied) etc etc.

For official times ud have to wait for a statement which is most likely going to happen way after the rollback.

So estimating just like 2-4 Hours. could be more, could be less.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User

Some ppl got 3-4 jaden Crystal fort 400g though lol.... some ppl got as high as 20b for 400g dude it was just as bad only issue here is china wanna control com and NP distribution
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2018
    So estimating just like 2-4 Hours. could be more, could be less.

This was the time scale I was thinking as well. But sadly I cant give you an official answer.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

Yes they do refunds have you ever actually asked? Unless you did prepaid cards
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • steakspoon
    blazerboy wrote: »
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

point is, most likely PWI is not able to make cash refunds, at any point i never saw anything refunded by PWI, thus this might lead to a wave of chargebacks as well.

yes i did ask, they won't refund direct credit card, you know how many players are gonna ask their money back after the rollback? xD i hope someone in PWE offices already ran with the current bank balance because it's going to be a storm of refunds\chargebacks​​
  • tuby16
    tuby16 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is not something new, PWI is consistently messing up every promo that comes around. However, beside their consistent **** up, why have they yet to discover a method that does not involve a rollback and impact players who did not participate in the promotion? This will not be the last event that will come around as a failure. Find a method for future events and prevent affecting the entire server!
  • gottastayhigh
    tuby16 wrote: »
    This is not something new, PWI is consistently messing up every promo that comes around. However, beside their consistent **** up, why have they yet to discover a method that does not involve a rollback and impact players who did not participate in the promotion? This will not be the last event that will come around as a failure. Find a method for future events and prevent affecting the entire server!

Won't be possible, unfortunately.
    And I'm saying that as
    - a really mad player who charges alot per month
    - a worker in the IT Area (I work as a pentester but yet you kind of get what the problem is when you work there too)

The issue is, that of course you could rollback players which abused or used the bugged promo (on purpose or not) to get certain items.

This would't be affecting their accounts only. As soon as they trade anything, that person is affected as well, as they wouldn't have got to the situation of that trade otherwise.

The prices of certain items might have crashed and without a rollback people wouldnt have been refunded etc etc.
    It all just spreads similar to a disease.
    The only way to solve this is rolling back the servers to before the promo or leaving all as it is which wont be possible because the advantage is way too big by a single event.

You could of course punish the players which abused it - which would be right if you ask me, but im not a GM - but that wouldnt fix the stuff for the people who are affected too.

Also, you are right about the cosistent [...] up's, they become more common if you ask me. They publish promos, promise rewards, give out nothing and already start new promos in which we participate, why should we even expect rewards from those then?
    I kinda stopped believing in some parts of the PWI Marketing Team in the recent months.
    The support is doing a great job, no doubt, they do all they can, but its all unorganized and they lack the close contact to the community.
    Take Runescape as an example, they have pmods, community managers etc etc and everything is even polled, not an option here.

Yeah, thats my opinion :P #out
  • wingdeath6
    wingdeath6 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You direct charge from a Credit Card? TBH this company cant even get its own stuff right I'm not about to trust them with my Credit Card.......but I've heard of ppl getting refunds to their Credit Cards before so pretty sure was just another case of the GM tht did your ticket felt like doing as little work as possible and gave u a beat around the bush answer. The consistancy of the ppl tht respond to their tickets is like the difference between Night and Day. What one says no too another does No problem without hesitation i.e. generating items within game, some gm say we cant do this yadda yadda yadda and other generate NP cards for ticketing QQers who cry when they just shy of a spend promo for whatever reason. Idk how they honestly expect ppl to adhere to their policies when they violating their own policies all the time either by sheer stupidity or just lack of give a ****.
  • gottastayhigh
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

point is, most likely PWI is not able to make cash refunds, at any point i never saw anything refunded by PWI, thus this might lead to a wave of chargebacks as well.

yes i did ask, they won't refund direct credit card, you know how many players are gonna ask their money back after the rollback? xD i hope someone in PWE offices already ran with the current bank balance because it's going to be a storm of refunds\chargebacks​​

TBH, there is no reason to chargeback.

The promo clearly states "So if you spend $10 dollars worth of Gold, you will receive 10 Bonus Points to use in the Rewards Page."
    Eitherway they charged with the intention of getting those 10 points per 10 dollar spent and everything is fine, they'll get what they spent for or it turns out the other way and they charged to get the 1000 points per 10 dollars spent and INTENTIONALLY tried to abuse a bug in the promo system to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

So tell me, in which situation now could they demand a refund?
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    And that is probably how it went down folks. They accidentally made it so that 1 silver spent = 1 reward point, instead of 1 gold spent = 1 reward point. People were getting 100x more reward points than the promotion was intended for. Fun times. I almost had Neuma Portal o.o' lol. But still rollback is best. Incredibly unfair for those who weren't around for it.

Lol I'm suspecting this may be a big reason why you are promoting a rollback XD "I almost had Neuma Portal" because I have yet to see you talk about the ppl who still abuse 6v6 farming for g17 cape/ring and yet by your gear its obvious you farmed it this way but lol lets pick and choose what the GMs do wrong and what we should complain about when it applies to US lel

So much wrong with this bro lol. I knew right from start that a rollback was the only way this was gonna get fixed if PWI had any brains at all. Who made this thread? Oh thats, right, *I* did. I made it well before I spent any of my gold tyvm, which I did only on the extremely slim chance that they didn't do a rollback. Turns out even PWI isn't that suicidal.

And I only have one upgrade item for g17, that being the cape, which is g17r4. That costs 50,000 arigora coins. I've done 3v3 ever since it came out AND my team's members placed in the top 100 and got extra arigora coins as a result. It is hardly a surprise that I have a single item g17r4 after over a year of farming. The people who have both g17r5 ring and cape were the ones doing 6v6.

Go get your head checked bro. And have a drink.

Cheers~!
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• heerohex#3018
    Im showing Servers are back online now.

Thanks.​​
  • steakspoon
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

yes i did ask, they won't refund direct credit card, you know how many players are gonna ask their money back after the rollback? xD i hope someone in PWE offices already ran with the current bank balance because it's going to be a storm of refunds\chargebacks

The promo clearly states "So if you spend $10 dollars worth of Gold, you will receive 10 Bonus Points to use in the Rewards Page."
    Eitherway they charged with the intention of getting those 10 points per 10 dollar spent and everything is fine, they'll get what they spent for or it turns out the other way and they charged to get the 1000 points per 10 dollars spent and INTENTIONALLY tried to abuse a bug in the promo system to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

You know that refund is a right granted by law in any commercial transaction? No matter however the sale is advertised.

I am 100% sure there are tens of players that charged just because of this promo and they wouldn't have if different,

and what about the 5k packs glitch, people that got thousands of packs for free, made some players receive tens of billions for free and they went full +3 or full +12 etch same thing that happened today.... if rollback is a solution then rollback to before the 5k packs glitch, i am ok with that :)

what i am not okay it's that yesterday it was national holiday so i had actually time to play and take care of my char, and now it's all **** rolled back, and i don't even wanna bother go chase whoever sold me g17 mats, get the items i dropped from packs + star chart rerolls, get the perfect genie i got etch.... how can you restore that? i believe a simple refund is not even enough.

u would ask for a refund aswell if this happened to you.​​
  • gottastayhigh
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

yes i did ask, they won't refund direct credit card, you know how many players are gonna ask their money back after the rollback? xD i hope someone in PWE offices already ran with the current bank balance because it's going to be a storm of refunds\chargebacks

You know that refund is a right granted by law in any commercial transaction? No matter however the sale is advertised.

I am 100% sure there are tens of players that charged just because of this promo and they wouldn't have if different,

and what about the 5k packs glitch, people that got thousands of packs for free, made some players receive tens of billions for free and they went full +3 or full +12 etch same thing that happened today.... if rollback is a solution then rollback to before the 5k packs glitch, i am ok with that :)

what i am not okay it's that yesterday it was national holiday so i had actually time to play and take care of my char, and now it's all **** rolled back, and i don't even wanna bother go chase whoever sold me g17 mats, get the items i dropped from packs + star chart rerolls, get the perfect genie i got etch.... how can you restore that? i believe a simple refund is not even enough.

u would ask for a refund aswell if this happened to you.​​

"I am 100% sure there are tens of players that charged just because of this promo and they wouldn't have if different,"

Wheres the problem? The fixed promo will be on and they will be able to get the points they wanted from the promo. Or are you telling me they intentionally wanted to abuse a bug in the promo system? Kinda neat, explain me more into detail. And please also link you account to it so they can just right away put on the ban for bug abuse ::P

"and what about the 5k packs glitch, people that got thousands of packs for free, made some players receive tens of billions for free and they went full +3 or full +12 etch same thing that happened today.... if rollback is a solution then rollback to before the 5k packs glitch, i am ok with that :)"

Yes, but the promo stated clearly "PER CHARACTER" and the people redeemed per character. In my opinion it was a great promo, it pushed down the prices of unpayable items like Fingerbead and such. I was looking for one for about 1 month and that promo solved my problem. Also, nobody took the chance from you participating in there too. You had equal chances like everyone else.

"what i am not okay it's that yesterday it was national holiday so i had actually time to play and take care of my char, and now it's all **** rolled back, and i don't even wanna bother go chase whoever sold me g17 mats, get the items i dropped from packs + star chart rerolls, get the perfect genie i got etch.... how can you restore that? i believe a simple refund is not even enough."

True point, i spent 12 hours in the game yesterday too, sucks really hard that i lost all the progress. But yet u can talk friendly :P

"u would ask for a refund aswell if this happened to you"

No, I wouldnt, as i wouldnt intentionally try to abuse a bug in a promo system for my advantage.
This discussion has been closed.