PWI: MSG to GMS, better check ur spend promo

csquared5
csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Its broken as hell. Have fun fixing this...
»Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

Comments

• matu420
    matu420 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Reroll the server now or pwi gonna loss more more ppls as soon as possible
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Cos GMs/anyone with any sort of influence read the forums and cos they did such a good job of fixing the packs fiasco? Give it a month or two and there will be a 10 for 1 special on everything you buy from the boutique
  • scafe
    scafe Posts: 1 Arc User
    i Want my money BK
  • catshop4me
    catshop4me Posts: 4 Arc User
    You better be giving refunds of gold purchases even if on a credit card ijs
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    We are aware of an issue with the current Spend Shop promo and have turned it off, officially at 12:10 AM PT. We plan to roll back all servers to 3 PM PT of August 15th, 2018. issues caused by the rollback will be handled accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks.
  • steakspoon
    steakspoon Posts: 31 Arc User
    @shalenak#8260 man if you rollback you are gonna make half of the players quit! all the trades, transactions, pack drops reverted! I myself bought a lot of g17 mats just last evening\night and seen the shortage of supply, a rollback is game over for me
  • rudolfus
    rudolfus Posts: 10 Arc User
    if it undo all purchasing, lving and trades, pack drops, it will be a disaster, alot of ppl will quit!!
  • womack10
    womack10 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Please let me keep my RB2 NP :( pleaseeee
  • ritta1234
    ritta1234 Posts: 1 Arc User
    and you guys think noone will quit cause half the server got full +11, serenity and 2nd reawakend nuema portal set? but sure, a few primal dailies and fsp runs are more important than that, besides the materials which you bought will be still there, you just have to buy them again....geez also you might be lucky with your packs but whats about the unlucky ones? they will be happy and get a 2nd chance to open their packs again - stop exaggerating just because it doesnt suit you
  • heerohex#3018
    From what I understand is a lot of people have got way more than they should in rp points.

I'm not sure on numbers we don't have access to as mods but the damage sounds rather bad from what I'm hearing.
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    This was even worse then the 5k pack mess up. This mess up really puts a HUGE wall difference since many got NP/+3 gems. I'm glad they rolling back the servers, even though some of us got G17 rings and higher HS prosperity but we can do that again. Just rollback the servers soon so we can start doing the dailies and other stuff we need to start doing again.
  • csquared5
    PWI: RESPECT for once actually making the right decision and doing it before things get really out of hand. Thanks.

P.S. If you double check your spend promos a bit more carefully before releasing them this sorta **** won't happen.

JUST SAYIN.

• jharde
    jharde Posts: 18 Arc User
    Glad they're rolling back although the pack fiasco should've been a rollback as well. Obviously rollbacks are doable so we can expect a lot more in the future since monumental stuffups are becoming the norm rather than the exception.
  • boreai
    boreai Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why is the answer always a roll back? Just change the affected accounts, why is everyone else getting punished?
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    From what I understand is a lot of people have got way more than they should in rp points.

I'm not sure on numbers we don't have access to as mods but the damage sounds rather bad from what I'm hearing.

100 times more RP then it should be.

• gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    Anyone know how long this is expected to last??? I was in a TT 3-3 run to get my HS bosses done. Also, how are we supposed to handle everything that we bought, traded, gained, etc. with the roll back? not complaining, just asking, I don't understand all that, I have been busy with multiple toons the last 24 hours. Thanks.
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    Anyone know how long servers will be down for?
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • csquared5
    So here's the situation of what happened, my theory of it.

~Story~

It was late at night and Johnny the GM had to finish setting up the spend promo before leaving work for the night. He blinked blearily and wiped away crusts from the corners of his eyes. He squinted at the screen and tried to concentrate. The letters danced in front of his eyes like little fireflies ready to start flitting about. Straining, he read 1... ? = 1 reward point. Yes, that must be 1 gold = 1 reward point. He grunted, satisfied, and pressed the button to make his changes. Time for a drink. Man, he needed a drink bad.

~

And that is probably how it went down folks. They accidentally made it so that 1 silver spent = 1 reward point, instead of 1 gold spent = 1 reward point. People were getting 100x more reward points than the promotion was intended for. Fun times. I almost had Neuma Portal o.o' lol. But still rollback is best. Incredibly unfair for those who weren't around for it.

• h07713
    h07713 Posts: 5 Arc User
    boreai wrote: »
    Why is the answer always a roll back? Just change the affected accounts, why is everyone else getting punished?

Because they are lazy enough to not want to go through their list of who spent gold. I would assume that they are not stupid to not have a simple, fixed list of spenders that they could easily check to see if they redeemed points or not. But, NOOOO... they rather just hit the rollback button, and in the process, hurt everyone else who did not resort to abusing the system.

• cemex#1730
    cemex#1730 Posts: 3 Arc User
    As long as they refund my money back I am perfectly fine with the roll back.
  • heerohex#3018
    m0f0 wrote: »

You need to contact support for this as this issue may not be discussed on the forums.

Thanks.​​
  • pixiepoof
    pixiepoof Posts: 3 Arc User
    What happened is that they changed the prices on spend promo items from their 100 more prices (when they thought we're **** and won't realize that it's still 250 gold spent per deity even if they say 1point per silver while bumping the prices of rewards by 100 lol) but forgot to change how much you get from spending
  • cemex#1730
    cemex#1730 Posts: 3 Arc User

You need to contact support for this as this issue may not be discussed on the forums.

Thanks.​​

Not discussing amount or anything, just stating that the roll back is what should be done and that I am fine with it as long as they handle returns properly.
  • thespitzi
    thespitzi Posts: 6 Arc User
    So that means i did 10 hours of ws for nothing. gg.
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    The rollback made everyone so happy at least on my server. Even the people like me who had taken advantage of it had fun. Out at West people were dropping stuff. Somone dropped 98 bank notes. I didn't spend all of my gold that I charged for it and bought packs and keys and split it with my friends and we just opened packs until the server shut down. I won another bookless :/. Only things I dropped were things I had bought with my gold.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    I lawled hahaha
    x9YPRak.jpg

• prokelnsen
    prokelnsen Posts: 2 Arc User
    jharde wrote: »
    Glad they're rolling back although the pack fiasco should've been a rollback as well. Obviously rollbacks are doable so we can expect a lot more in the future since monumental stuffups are becoming the norm rather than the exception.

hmmm maybe wait until it's really done on all servers o:)
  • heerohex#3018

Thanks.

Not discussing amount or anything, just stating that the roll back is what should be done and that I am fine with it as long as they handle returns properly.

All good just making sure you know.

Thanks.​​
  • firemercy#7420
    firemercy#7420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    And that is probably how it went down folks. They accidentally made it so that 1 silver spent = 1 reward point, instead of 1 gold spent = 1 reward point. People were getting 100x more reward points than the promotion was intended for. Fun times. I almost had Neuma Portal o.o' lol. But still rollback is best. Incredibly unfair for those who weren't around for it.

Lol I'm suspecting this may be a big reason why you are promoting a rollback XD "I almost had Neuma Portal" because I have yet to see you talk about the ppl who still abuse 6v6 farming for g17 cape/ring and yet by your gear its obvious you farmed it this way but lol lets pick and choose what the GMs do wrong and what we should complain about when it applies to US lel
  • gottastayhigh
    gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
    Since we're busy hating already:
    Were are our rewards for this promo? It occured in mid-July :P https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10956483-perfect-gold-and-silver-chest-event
This discussion has been closed.