So PWI, do you care to explain what happened with the XTW rewards?

candiiie
candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
From the very beginning, I was very skeptical about the reward of 200 helmets being sent to a single faction. It was already too good to be true, as the helm is one of the most valuable, highly prized ticketed items and it was going to be a reward. But truth be told, it motivated everyone to try harder, despite all the limitations XTW has brought to us.

But to change it at the very last minute, as well as during the season end announcement is just really cruel? Is that the word? Nope, deplorable and stupid. It's a huge slap on the face to those who gave up their weekends, their time to work hard for first place. Also, you guys already extended the damn season. You really couldn't clear the rewards with the devs during that time?

What would people even do with the stupid timed helm? Refine and shard it to +12 until it disappears in a month? Yeah, that's clearly money well spent. And to only spare 5 helmets, that's not even 10% of the original reward. This is beyond upsetting and unbelievable. Now I feel sorry for the faction itself, as the officers and everyone have to deal with those who feel entitled to said 5 helmets. It's just going to cause chaos and stress and as much as people hate on Vindicate, they don't deserve this treatment at all.

So will something else be done about this nonsense? I sure hope so, because in my years of playing PWI, this is the dumbest decision have ever been made. I really hope something will be said and done about this, because you don't extend a season and announce changes at the very end.

This has been a frustrating time for the members of Vindicate, as people were expecting a lot from this. While this might not affect all members of the community, I believe this unprofessionalism needs to be taken care of. I don't really want to see it happen to another faction, because this causes a huge divide to everyone in it. I strongly believe that this is the worst thing PWI could've done to a single faction and group of people in the years I've played PWI.

Here are some things that people did in anticipation for the helm:
  • People sold their helmets, hoping that this reward would replace it.
  • They charged gold, spent more to buy orbs, and shards.
  • Actually gave up their time to play every Saturday, and try to win.

I hope that this catches the attention of PWI GMs, or our new community manager.

This is the original post of the rewards, in which I hope won't be deleted for GMs to try and hide the truth. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10802924-pvp-announcements-season-start
Post edited by candiiie on

Comments

• terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    For starters the reward should NEVER have been 200 helms in the first place.

However there is no reason for it to have taken until now to correct it.
    I can't see how PWI didn't know this from the start.

Maybe they should verify what they can and can't do before making announcements they can't follow-through with.
  • sunlightfalls
    sunlightfalls Posts: 29 Arc User
    This is a good first step in showing how ridiculously low PWI has sunk. UNFORTUNATLY, I doubt anyone in PWI staff even bothers to read the forums anymore.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    So, after all, dirty methods and tryharding to win didnt pay off after all. Ofc, I would be mad af if Crisis didnt get the helmets if we would've won but Crisis had the best win/loss ratio vs any other faction and still ended up only at the 3rd place. Karma. That is all I can say about that. Justice <3

I suddenly feel loads better, thank you PWE! <3 besides that, 5 helmets are great tho. Vindi can auction them off and give anyone a share of the pie and even people that already have the helmet get something from it. This is how the rewards have been and how they should've been this time around as well, from the start.

PS: They already said it's a final decision from CN. It's done. Oh, I assume those timed CoMs will at least ve refined and shareded already. Give people a taste of the endgame item they have to pay dearly for, if they wanna keep it :D
  • eriseddesang1
    eriseddesang1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    So, after all, dirty methods and tryharding to win didnt pay off after all. Ofc, I would be mad af if Crisis didnt get the helmets if we would've won but Crisis had the best win/loss ratio vs any other faction and still ended up only at the 3rd place. Karma. That is all I can say about that. Justice <3

I suddenly feel loads better, thank you PWE! <3 besides that, 5 helmets are great tho. Vindi can auction them off and give anyone a share of the pie and even people that already have the helmet get something from it. This is how the rewards have been and how they should've been this time around as well, from the start.

PS: They already said it's a final decision from CN. It's done. Oh, I assume those timed CoMs will at least ve refined and shareded already. Give people a taste of the endgame item they have to pay dearly for, if they wanna keep it :D

You're so convoluted.
  • banknoname
    banknoname Posts: 20 Arc User
    Between the reward being changed after season, and their inability to count the lands properly on Tideswell this is just sad.
  • invalid963
    invalid963 Posts: 7 Arc User
    So all the people who put in the crappy hours to make it to 3am xtw fights every week, spent all their coin upgrading trying to win, just trying to get the helmet, we get nothing. Wtf Pwi.
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    As candiiie has mentioned, helmets for the whole faction was a huge motivation for a lot of people to try harder, to skip more events to be able to attend saturdays cross server, it is very poor customer service on PWI end.

The very least you could do is give the winning faction something little extra as an apology for this big blunder on your ends.
    And as candiiie has said yes, none of us care even one penny for that timed helmet, please just dont waste your time on that timed **** and actually give us something worthy as an apology.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I’m more surprised it took china like 7-8 months to tell them no lol
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • invalid963
    ninna321 wrote: »
    As candiiie has mentioned, helmets for the whole faction was a huge motivation for a lot of people to try harder, to skip more events to be able to attend saturdays cross server, it is very poor customer service on PWI end.

The very least you could do is give the winning faction something little extra as an apology for this big blunder on your ends.
    And as candiiie has said yes, none of us care even one penny for that timed helmet, please just dont waste your time on that timed **** and actually give us something worthy as an apology.
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I’m more surprised it took china like 7-8 months to tell them no lol

these 2 comments, sums it all up.
  • bev1
    bev1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    well ever one very upset about this so am i its not fair on all us who work so hard showing up to each xtw and others buying things for new helmet and for ones who dont have the money to buy a good helmet. its the gms faut they said ever one get the helmet if they win frist then they fix it now to only 5 that not time and rest are 1 month thats not fair at all. ever one should get one even if its a COM better then time one. GM you have make this right with all vindi why give us time ones thats wasnt time when it be gone in 1 month. :/
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Let's look at the timeline:

1. 6 months out of new season, PWE decides on xTW rewards, promotes the whole new reward structure. Talks about the 'first ever' 200 helm rewards. And no due diligence was done to check if this was feasible and how it could be delivered;
    2. 8 weeks out from end of season, PWE states the helms would be placed in the inventory and not coded as with past rewards. When tickets were placed on the significant drawbacks with this approach, PWE made assurances - based on the promoted and promised 200 helms rewards - that inventory placement is more efficient than coded rewards;
    3. 6 weeks out from end of season, PWE extends season by another 4 weeks. During this timeframe, again no announcements were made about rewards changes and assurances were made on tickets that inventory placement is still better than coded;
    4. 2 weeks after season end, PWE now says it is reneging on the original promoted helms rewards and will instead default to the previous 5 helms (coded?) with a 'compromise' of 195 useless helms.

This was not a mistake, an error and certainly not remotely close to a 'compromise'. I don't charge over $2k a month to get **** tossed in my face.

A real compromise would look at an equivalent, second tier reward for the 195 reneged promises made to 200 of your customer base.

And Joe, cut the ****, if you win it is legit, if others win it must be rigged. You have nothing to backup any of your claims, except an obvious and considerable amount of hypocrisy. If PWE had done this to you, you would be singing a whole different tune.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    First of all this post is to raise concerns about the issue not for someone like Joe to turn it into some one sided thing about how this is just treatment....

first of all let’s compare first and second place rewards for xTW from my understanding Vindicate is getting the short end of the stick this time around, I’d much rather personally get the 2nd place reward vs a 30 day timed helm...

Secondly as a member of vindicate I can tell you how much drama this is already causing there are a plethora of players who are going to quit over this decision... we had been in back and forth contact with GM’s since we had guaranteed first and were told to give a roster to pull data for who gets helms...

Thirdly I am one of the plethora of members who had won a CoM from the broken promotion and sold said helm seeing that GM’s had quoted that we are being given the helm... I find it really unfair to all the players who had sold the helm and are now getting a 30 day timed insult....

Last but not least when this post went up the 200 helms was still not an issue... what happened did GM’s get scared of the work of distributing the helms... and then make the decision for the sleeping “China Developers” and then blame it on them... I mean come on follow through with what you promised you had 7months plus a season extension to decide what the reward is and are now getting a last second change after all promises....

All I can say is Rip PWI dumbest decision in quite a while I mean figured this wouldn’t be an issue since summer gale promo never got rolled back and since that’s ok with your staff just give us 20k summer gale packs each and we’ll call it even.

Thanks, Duckblades/Prespire
  • hugo
    hugo Posts: 5 Arc User
    You know how terrible this is to do to an entire guild? Several months were spent with people giving up their Saturdays to come to this event. This is disgusting customer service and needs to be fixed. You can't give people back their time. You honestly think this guild would have shown up week after week to an event with almost no reward? Oh, and here is the post of you guys saying what the rewards would be.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10802924-pvp-announcements-season-start

I don't care what CN is saying about this. You guys messed this up, and you need to fix it. Not with b.s. temporary helms. Wtf are we going to do with that...

This is wrong on so many levels, and a new low for PWE. I sincerely hope you guys give some thought into this matter. Put yourself in our shoes. How would you feel if this were done to you? What about all the people that have charged to get orbs ready, or saved up coins and bought shards to put into the helm? What about the people that have passed up buying cheap CoM or have even sold the CoM they have because they knew this helm was coming?

This. Is. Wrong.

Full stop.
    Untamed :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tingalindesu
    tingalindesu Posts: 3 Arc User
    The initial announcement never clarified that it was specifically not time-limited. Just like they never specify if the refine orbs and packs from Spend/Charge promotions are bound or not. All the assumptions and hype were made by the player base.

They are handing out the reward as promised. I feel that this is justifiable.
  • nepalikto
    nepalikto Posts: 1 Arc User
    The initial announcement never clarified that it was specifically not time-limited. Just like they never specify if the refine orbs and packs from Spend/Charge promotions are bound or not. All the assumptions and hype were made by the player base.

They are handing out the reward as promised. I feel that this is justifiable.

They would not be apologizing for the "change in rewards [because their] hands are tied" if the rewards were indeed being handled as promised. This also means that the so called "assumption" about the helmets NOT being time limited was indeed accurate.
  • nini330
    nini330 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Really funny how GMs are able to communicate (last minute) with Devs in China about cutting down on reward promises but not to try and fix the lame-****, game-killing dragon rush meta. Or any of the other issues in the long list of bugs/glitches/unbalance this game suffers from. We see where your priorities are at PWI...

And Joe is such a salty loser that suffers one of the worst cases of nascissistic personality I've ever seen, right up there with Donald Trump. Get over yourself kid. You make everyone around you sick.

• shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User

PS: They already said it's a final decision from CN. It's done. Oh, I assume those timed CoMs will at least ve refined and shareded already. Give people a taste of the endgame item they have to pay dearly for, if they wanna keep it :D[/

Wow!! you feel better because they change the rewards because your faction did not win.. WOW!! but would have had a problem if it was your faction that won an they changed the rewards.. Serious thing If that ain't HATING at its finest i dont know what is. If you can't have **** the rest huh not even a simple congratulations.. The HATE goes deep.
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Wow!! you feel better because they change the rewards because your faction did not win.. WOW!! but would have had a problem if it was your faction that won an they changed the rewards.. Serious thing If that ain't HATING at its finest i dont know what is. If you can't have forget the rest huh not even a simple congratulations.. The HATE goes deep..

I guess bbecause maybe you had to pay for yours that why ya made ya last lil point in there huh lol
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    To be completely honest I doubt many will actually quit over this. Be upset? Yes. Take a break? Yes. But quit in mass succession? I’m very doubtful mainly because this is definitely NOT the worst they have done and the community still is very active. While I do believe Vindicate deserves a sizeable reward (even the helms is not a big deal to me and I’m not even vindicate) but for god sake atleast 3 S chest since 2nd place gets 1.

Furthermore I know when we first complained about having cross server Thursday night fight they said CN devs wanted to control the spread of crown of madness no? Then the rewards was released for this season and I recall someone mentioned didnt the GMs specifically vote against this? How did you think not to ask the CN devs if this was okay AGIAN? You didn’t ask for permission for the NP promos, knew they didn’t want too many Crown of Madness added to server and did it anyways and now CN taking a active role to stop you? Seriously what kinda insane mom and pop relationship does PWI and Wanmei (CN) have to allow so many careless mistakes.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    I feel a connection to the FORCE, it is stroooong
  • wingdeath6
    wingdeath6 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Well I can't say Vindicate didn't ask for this all the greedy behavior there lately is disgusting all over the stupid helms. As far as I'm concerned the fact they were selling them off to multiple alts and demanding "inactives" pay is dirty and abusive of what was intended to begin with. But one has to wonder how PWI keeps making the same idiotic mistakes over and over again.....didn't you tell us all after the NP incident that Big Brother CN watches how you use their game and yet youre stupid enough to not consider how theyd feel about you littering the game with 200 helms and clear it with them first before you promise stuff to a player base lolz then you try to compensate/Cover your **** by generating an insulting item tht expires in 30 days so you dont get complaints thrown all over after you spend months telling people in tickets you cant just "generate" items for other various issues (while actively secretly generating items for a select few CSers). So Clearly youre all pathological liars. Bravo
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Like someone said, some spent alot to beef up.... why stop that till the bitter end lol
  • boreai
    boreai Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is there no longer a reward for 4th-10th and 11th-30th placement in xTW?
  • sh1rot4nuki
    sh1rot4nuki Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hahaha
    Did you guys start playing this game just now?
    Haven't you seen how PWE do things here?
    They ALWAYS offer a prize for the winners of events and ALWAYS change the prize later.
    200helms did u reaaaaally expect that? hahahahahaha
    They can't even give avatar chests that they always promise, in the end they always send avatar packs instead and you "conveniently" forgets that they never deliver their promises. LMAO XD
    -Temporary multi-client disabled- HAHAHAHAHA
  • starla89
    starla89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    And here I am, sipping my cup of tea - laughing at all the idiots that join'd QQsis this season, told y'all from the beginning that it would be a bad idea. XD
    I knew that PWi won't be able to justify 200 OP endgame helmets with CN *giggles*
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Someone just deleted over a page worth of comments from here.. (Was 3 pages, now just 1)

200 helmets seemed too good to be true and seems like that was the case. What bothers me is that PWE had a long time to confirm with CN if it's even possible to give out this kind of a reward but yet they decided to wait till _after_ the season which makes absolutely no sense.
    ​​
  • invalid963
    edited August 2018
    Stop deleting posts PWI and start owning up to your lies, you promised 200 PERMANENT helmets to the winning faction at the end of the season, vindicate won, season is over, time to pay up.
    If you can't follow through here then when will you ever? Stop blaming china for your bull**** and just put the helms in game, we all know you spawn items for select CSer's, time to do it for the faction who earned it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10802924-pvp-announcements-season-start

Nothing here says time-limited, you knew what you were promising.
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    THE TEA IS REAL
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Can someone please link me the info for rewards on this XTW season?

I cant find it but im using my phone so its hard work.

Thanks.