game gives weird error

Options
xrobzix
xrobzix Posts: 5 Arc User
zusU36Z.png

This si the error message i get, i cannot find how to solve this so id love to get some help to get back into the game.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    From the stickied thread here (search for DirectX and you'll see a similar error) you might need to update your graphics drivers. I'd also recommend trying to verify your files.

Hopefully that helps. If not we can try something else.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • xrobzix
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    From the stickied thread here (search for DirectX and you'll see a similar error) you might need to update your graphics drivers. I'd also recommend trying to verify your files.

Hopefully that helps. If not we can try something else.

Sadly it did not, i updated the drivers and verified the files and still gives me the same error
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    A couple more things to try.
    1. From the thread I linked in my last post it also says it could be your antivirus or firewall potentially affecting your files. You might have to exclude your PWI files in whatever software you have - check the 3rd post in that thread for details on that.
    2. I might not be remembering correctly, but I think I had a similar issue some time ago (I can't remember the error message anymore) and it was because of my client's resolution. In the patcher click the graphics button and try changing the resolution, or maybe even clicking the optimize button, and see if that helps.

If those don't work, I'm not too sure on other possible solutions so I'd have to do a bit of research. But the issue has something to do with DirectX.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    if my memory is correct its to do with Direct X.

However that's a number of things really. I would check your Resolution and Direct X version.

Checking your client files a few times as well as sometimes once does not cover it most of the time. Ill be open with this point as well im not the teck we have had in the past on here so may be its worth doing a search for it as well.

Thanks.​​
  • xrobzix
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    A couple more things to try.
    1. From the thread I linked in my last post it also says it could be your antivirus or firewall potentially affecting your files. You might have to exclude your PWI files in whatever software you have - check the 3rd post in that thread for details on that.
    2. I might not be remembering correctly, but I think I had a similar issue some time ago (I can't remember the error message anymore) and it was because of my client's resolution. In the patcher click the graphics button and try changing the resolution, or maybe even clicking the optimize button, and see if that helps.

If those don't work, I'm not too sure on other possible solutions so I'd have to do a bit of research. But the issue has something to do with DirectX.

I tried running it in windowed mode, turned off firewall and virus scanner, so they would not intervene, updated everythign on my pc, and stillt he same error, seeing i have windows 10 i cannot install older directx versions at it simply wont let me do that.
  • xrobzix
    Options
    So far it is only PWI i cant run, the rest of the ARC games i can run ( somewhat normally as my cooling system is wonky:P)
  • xrobzix
    Options
    ia lso tried several compatablities modes but it did not work either.