Difference Between Paralyze and Stun - Why can't you Antistun on Paralyze?

So if we go by pure definition (Source: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Status_Icon_Reference_Guide ) we have the Information, that Paralyze is exactly the same like Stun, but CAN NOT be prevented by the "Immune to movement debuffs"-Buff.

So we literally have a defintion of "Paralyzed status is equivalent to the Stun status[...]" for Paralyze. Literally the SAME effect. But yet cant be prevented by Antistun which says "Immune to movement debuffs" ... Basically Paralyze is a Stun which can't be blocked. A STUN, which can't be blocked by Antistun... As it debuffs my movement. Entirely. You can't deny that. Nobody walks why paralyzed. No walking = debuffed movement.

They should eitherway nerf Paralyze, as it's completely broken for PK or give us a way to block it in an efficient way. I get, that you can be stunlocked, but some classes make it to stunlock entirely without the broken Paralyze-Status while classes like Dustblade throw Paralyzes at you like german tourists throw towels.

On my Server it get's to the point where people just stop pking when Dustblades come out and I think it's not the point of the game to make a class that entirely broken that you just dont enjoy the game anymore.



Hoping for a proper explanation for someone on why the Antistun can prevent Stun but not Paralyze as it's literally the same :)

Comments

  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    It was made as a counter to purify spell ( which is kinda weird when you consider china's purify spell is 1/3rd the chance to proc as our version's) so don't expect it to ever get nerfed.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    lol....there's not much difference coz on end game only matters is whether you have have higher atklevel/deflevels/spirit/cardset/proc effects(the weapon ones not the skill ones)/starchart vs other players... technically some high and mighty will say it requires skill to kill people but not really..atk cancel? only works with 1v1 nature and mostly if you are slightly ahead... 500 spirit difference equals 50% more damage. same gear level/spirit/cardset/same stat pvp is not fun... only matters who has more immune to damage pots you have then after a while you will go down...eventually
    skill based pvp is before the spirit/atklevel/deflevel/cardset/starchart/r9/r8 was introduced aka the vanilla pwi aka "the greatest pwi version" .. when archers are still able to proc knockback on players....that version relies on skill coz everybody got maxed gears during that point immune to damage pots are rarely used...battles are based only on base stats no other shenanigans... pvp was FUN.
    technically DB g16 max refined wep+gears /same atk and def levels/same spirit/cardset/same stat can kill a r93rd sin without using immune to damage pots.. ... using only paralyze skill....they balanced it pretty right....
    db's are the only ones capable of this....while sins while they provide 40% more damage most of their cc can be prevented thus their only advantage gone like the wind.....
    no point in complaining ....it has been many years since db was introduced....if they have the intention of fixing the unbalanced... they would fix it.
    sins should have different cooldown for anti cc and anti death since technically both can be purified (you can argue here maybe)....but they won't be bothered by that logic....


    one thing to note to add for future update...
    1.
    duel start resets chi to 0 for both parties.

    2.
    pvp when no damge taken or receive within 2 secs reset chi to 0...this makes pvp interesting if you are on same level.spirit/card/atklevel/deflevel/starchart. makes sure that nobody can use they trump cards at the start of the fight. all skills have the same chi gained...(for balance purposes)

    3.
    receive chi when damaged for all classes... (i think its perfectly balanced imo).. same gain no matter what skill used on you..


    4. apply 2 and 3 for dealing with monsters. .....

    5. if they can't change how paralyze works.......apply 2 and 3 so no paralyze lock even after db goes ghost mode.

    6. no chi pots... delete it
    7. no anti damage pots delete it.
    8. there you go ..balanced pvp....maybe....
  • gottastayhigh
    gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
    lol....there's not much difference coz on end game only matters is whether you have have higher atklevel/deflevels/spirit/cardset/proc effects(the weapon ones not the skill ones)/starchart vs other players... technically some high and mighty will say it requires skill to kill people but not really..atk cancel? only works with 1v1 nature and mostly if you are slightly ahead... 500 spirit difference equals 50% more damage. same gear level/spirit/cardset/same stat pvp is not fun... only matters who has more immune to damage pots you have then after a while you will go down...eventually
    skill based pvp is before the spirit/atklevel/deflevel/cardset/starchart/r9/r8 was introduced aka the vanilla pwi aka "the greatest pwi version" .. when archers are still able to proc knockback on players....that version relies on skill coz everybody got maxed gears during that point immune to damage pots are rarely used...battles are based only on base stats no other shenanigans... pvp was FUN.
    technically DB g16 max refined wep+gears /same atk and def levels/same spirit/cardset/same stat can kill a r93rd sin without using immune to damage pots.. ... using only paralyze skill....they balanced it pretty right....
    db's are the only ones capable of this....while sins while they provide 40% more damage most of their cc can be prevented thus their only advantage gone like the wind.....
    no point in complaining ....it has been many years since db was introduced....if they have the intention of fixing the unbalanced... they would fix it.
    sins should have different cooldown for anti cc and anti death since technically both can be purified (you can argue here maybe)....but they won't be bothered by that logic....


    one thing to note to add for future update...
    1.
    duel start resets chi to 0 for both parties.

    2.
    pvp when no damge taken or receive within 2 secs reset chi to 0...this makes pvp interesting if you are on same level.spirit/card/atklevel/deflevel/starchart. makes sure that nobody can use they trump cards at the start of the fight. all skills have the same chi gained...(for balance purposes)

    3.
    receive chi when damaged for all classes... (i think its perfectly balanced imo).. same gain no matter what skill used on you..


    4. apply 2 and 3 for dealing with monsters. .....

    5. if they can't change how paralyze works.......apply 2 and 3 so no paralyze lock even after db goes ghost mode.

    6. no chi pots... delete it
    7. no anti damage pots delete it.
    8. there you go ..balanced pvp....maybe....

    Lol, those are a bit hardcore changes.
    I get the point of pwi wanting to make money and also i get that gaming is a hobby and hobbys cost money. Sure, pwi is expensive but it's your choice who to pk against. Just as i said, people leave PK on our server as DBs come out.

    I'm fine with paying money to stay competitive, that's how the world works. Fun costs money, money is here to be spent.

    But I simply dont get how they ruin pvp with a single debuff which i brought proper arguments against.
    I asked for arguments about PARALYZE, not about general PK or Duskblades or w.e. and your comment covers pretty much whole pvp but barely goes into detail about the topic of the post :/
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @dbfarmer1#6868 lol..whst even is your post? Since when do DBs need Chi to lock ppl? So blinking into Dragon trap into Grief into Strigimorphoc costs any chi? Lol..you even rebuilt enough chi to pull a full quad-Combo right after and 100% get anything killed that doesn't habe genie ready for protection.

    Even if your points would make any sense..they still wont work..lile every skill giving the same amount of chi? No chi pots? Why not instantly proclaim venomancer the by far most broken class. Too bad that they have a mechanic to instantly reduce your HP by 40-100% if you have no chi...getting a free kill on Cooldown is a bit much, eh?

    The only thing they need rebalancing for is damage..seeing the new tome refine and all tho..not gonna happen, it's quite the opposite even.

    BTT: Paralyze isn't even that bad..not even DBs. What is bad is that classes that can lock you forever can also nearly kill you with 2 skills instantly. It only gets bad if you have multiple paralyze classes on you. At that point you just die. However, this can also be a good thing cause it gives you the chance to kill people that normally would insta-kill you due to massive outgear.

    Paralyze here, iframe in other games, its always the same debate. Paralyze is ok in PWI, duskblades are too. If you struggle vs them in 1v1 then simply ask if you can buff up or ask them to gear down until the damage is in reasonable areas. How to know when the damage is reasonable? When you can at least tank the basic paralyze lock without having to insta-panic your genie on the first 4 hits.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Paralyze is more broken than most people realize.

    Even I didn't realize exactly *why* until I looked very, VERY closely at some of my videos. I discovered it just two days ago in fact.

    The reason why I looked so closely was because, when I was caught by multiple dbs/sins/bms at once, I was noticing there was never a gap in the stun lock. Not even 'tiny' gaps, just literally 'no gaps at all'. And it didn't make sense to me. Stuns can't overlap; if you do a stun too soon while somebody is already stunned, your stun doesn't apply. Same with seals. Same with sleeps. Same with SOG. Same as immobilizes. Same as ANY debuff that prevents skill use or stops movement.

    Surely paralyze works the same way... I assumed.

    WRONG.

    It only became possible to categorically prove it with the introduction of the countdown timer on debuffs:

    **** Paralyze can overwrite each other***

    Yes---unlike any other cc in game, one paralyze can overwrite an existing paralyze. If you have enough enemies attacking you, and they all cycle through their paralyzes, you can literally be paralyzed... FOREVER... without a SINGLE gap.

    Example:
    -db does a 4s paralyze on me. the timer shows 4s, then 3s, 2s...
    -bm does dragon rising on me. timer jumps up to 8s, then down to 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s...
    -sin does cursed jail on me. timer jumps up to 7s, then 6s, 5s, 4s...
    -timer never reaches 0; I remain paralyzed the entire time

    ETC.

    Yes, paralyze OVERWRITE each other, like NO other skill-stopping cc in game in game. If you've ever thought 'geez why does this stun lock never end' when you get ganked by bm/sin/db combos... its because sometimes it literally DOES not end.

    WTF!

    And I know who already knows this. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fixxed/Chinwookie/bestDB/np sin/bm who always run around together in xNW. I assure you these guys knew 100% and probably kept the information to themselves. They put paralyze onto paralyze way too often in my videos for it to be coincidence. Bah! Lame ****. I'd rather out the info and bear the price if more ppl use it on me, at least now they can have a taste of their own medicine. And of course I'll be contacting GM and arguing for a fix as well.

    The ability of paralyze to overlap each other and literally be never-ending cc, without any need at all to interweave ccs of different types together, is just the most broken **** **** I've come across in PWI in quite some time. It is especially frustrating since there is no anti-paralyze genie skill like there is for seals, sleeps, stuns, immobilizes, etc (why the **** not), and since paralyze is limited to a very few classes, who (coincidentally, of COURSE) are among the strongest classes in game.

    Paralyze is already an easy cc to use, since only belief or immunity blocks it. You basically don't have to pay much attention to which buffs your target has in. But it gets even more absurdly easy if you don't even have to pay attention to whether your target is already paralyzed or not. And with debuff timers in, it is also easy to put your paralyze near the end of others' paralyze such that there are no gaps.

    Surely the 'paralyze overwriting other paralyze' can't have been intentional. It is already strong enough without that particular feature needed. If you agree, help me contact gms and lets get this particular 'feature' removed from game permanently.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    i thought this was common knowledge, doubt these people were trying to hide it... and at this point, if china has not seen the need to nerf or fix this, they probably dont see it as an issue :(
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Ofc that is common knowledge lol..I literally made a thread about it, asking PWE to make Paralyze equal to stun a day after the first Paralyze skills were released. Anything wrong with paralyze can be evaded if it cannot be overwritten anymore. I gave up. They never listened, they never will.

    Actually..how can this not be common knowledge? Gives me the impression that only a few people experience "massive focus" in Mass PvP..cause in the moment you have a barb, bm and duskblade (or multiples of each) on you then you instantly see that it overwrites each other.

    Seriously, how can this not be known by now after so many years. It's been like that from the start. Hehe, I know why I recommend everyone to play more than one class. Broadens the horizon in regards to stuff like this.

    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PARALYZE WORKING 1 to 1 like Stun, that would instantly require everyone to play soooo much better and to use coordination.. <3 would make the game tons better but still, I pray for this since the release of paralyze and it's not happening...ever.

    @csquared5 And sorry, but this shocks me so much, that you didn't know this very common knowledge for like a little over 4 years...I can't take anything you say serious anymore cause it is more then obvious that you lack experience in PvP and about mechanics MASSIVELY. I always had the impression that you know your stuff, even if some of it didnt really make sense xD but that is just ridiculous..how you ever thought a DB in the last 4 years? Ever experienced mass pvp? Do you know what the skills of the other classes do? Damn... I mean no offense or disrespect..but this literally shocks me.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Paralyze is more broken than most people realize.

    Even I didn't realize exactly *why* until I looked very, VERY closely at some of my videos. I discovered it just two days ago in fact.

    The reason why I looked so closely was because, when I was caught by multiple dbs/sins/bms at once, I was noticing there was never a gap in the stun lock. Not even 'tiny' gaps, just literally 'no gaps at all'. And it didn't make sense to me. Stuns can't overlap; if you do a stun too soon while somebody is already stunned, your stun doesn't apply. Same with seals. Same with sleeps. Same with SOG. Same as immobilizes. Same as ANY debuff that prevents skill use or stops movement.

    Surely paralyze works the same way... I assumed.

    WRONG.

    It only became possible to categorically prove it with the introduction of the countdown timer on debuffs:

    **** Paralyze can overwrite each other***

    Yes---unlike any other cc in game, one paralyze can overwrite an existing paralyze. If you have enough enemies attacking you, and they all cycle through their paralyzes, you can literally be paralyzed... FOREVER... without a SINGLE gap.

    Example:
    -db does a 4s paralyze on me. the timer shows 4s, then 3s, 2s...
    -bm does dragon rising on me. timer jumps up to 8s, then down to 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s...
    -sin does cursed jail on me. timer jumps up to 7s, then 6s, 5s, 4s...
    -timer never reaches 0; I remain paralyzed the entire time

    ETC.

    Yes, paralyze OVERWRITE each other, like NO other skill-stopping cc in game in game. If you've ever thought 'geez why does this stun lock never end' when you get ganked by bm/sin/db combos... its because sometimes it literally DOES not end.

    WTF!

    And I know who already knows this. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fixxed/Chinwookie/bestDB/np sin/bm who always run around together in xNW. I assure you these guys knew 100% and probably kept the information to themselves. They put paralyze onto paralyze way too often in my videos for it to be coincidence. Bah! Lame ****. I'd rather out the info and bear the price if more ppl use it on me, at least now they can have a taste of their own medicine. And of course I'll be contacting GM and arguing for a fix as well.

    The ability of paralyze to overlap each other and literally be never-ending cc, without any need at all to interweave ccs of different types together, is just the most broken **** **** I've come across in PWI in quite some time. It is especially frustrating since there is no anti-paralyze genie skill like there is for seals, sleeps, stuns, immobilizes, etc (why the **** not), and since paralyze is limited to a very few classes, who (coincidentally, of COURSE) are among the strongest classes in game.

    Paralyze is already an easy cc to use, since only belief or immunity blocks it. You basically don't have to pay much attention to which buffs your target has in. But it gets even more absurdly easy if you don't even have to pay attention to whether your target is already paralyzed or not. And with debuff timers in, it is also easy to put your paralyze near the end of others' paralyze such that there are no gaps.

    Surely the 'paralyze overwriting other paralyze' can't have been intentional. It is already strong enough without that particular feature needed. If you agree, help me contact gms and lets get this particular 'feature' removed from game permanently.


    Ppl have known this since duskblades came out o.o surprised a db friend didn’t tell you shesh x.x
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Nonsense.

    Only duskblades would have been able to test this without somebody else's help, and only a db who has made the class their main and fully updated all their skills so that paralyzes are long enough to overlap would even notice it themselves. Sins, barb, and bms, only have the one paralyze each (well sins now have several short paralyzes with their teleport skills but that is a *very* recent change). So throwing a paralyze onto a paralyze and noticing that it overwrites is not something that everybody would be expected to know, not even all dbs.

    In mass pvp situations where I get sucked in by a db then ganked by a dozen people and eventually succumb, and I look at a video and I see massive amounts of cc, and the paralyze looks suspiciously long, its plausible that I got paralyzed one right after the other. I've seen stun locks where the stuns happened so perfectly that one stun came literally as the other ended. In gank situations there was no way for me to know that something different was occurring, only a vague suspicion that something felt off.

    And why should I have somehow just *understood* that paralyzes overwrite each other when literally every other cc works differently?

    Oh, so you made a forum post? Years ago? And somehow I should have read that one particular forum post and that, because you made a forum post some time ago, that this knowledge should be 'common knowledge'? Do you understand how few people read these forums lol? (And understandably so, there isn't a lot going on here lately).

    I do at least browse the forums somewhat, and I do investigate and test things... the fact that I hadn't heard a whiff of this till now is strong evidence that your 'common knowledge' is far from common. And I sort of understand why too... dbs have a motive for not sharing this sort of information I think, or any paralyze class. If people *know* that paralyze can overwrite, they won't wait for the cc to end, like you'd be expected to if somebody used a stun too early while you were still stunned. I've certainly died in several occasions where I had genie, because I assumed the cc was about to end, and I waited, and that waiting cost me because the cc did not in fact end. I'll bet that most ppl assume like I did that paralyzes don't overwrite each other, and unless they personally play a db class or had a db inform them, won't ever notice otherwise... just get the feeling that paralyze sometimes lasts way too long.... until the buff timers can categorically confirm that the timer on the paralyze isn't reaching 0, and their vague suspicions can be confirmed like mine were.

    And no, as a cleric I'm not a front-line class, and if I do get ganked by multiple db/sin/bm, I'm simply not tanky enough to go through multiple charm ticks and easily pick up on the fact that there are paralyzes chaining together. Arcane armor is the least protective and arcanes classes simply don't tank lots of light and heavy armor classes... I either genie, apoth, get a wep proc, use a really potent save skill, or die. Simply taking the dmg without doing something about it is not how arcanes work. Even if I work frantically to switch between wep procs, I'm still nowhere close to as tanky as my seeker friend, whose physical defense is close to the cap when PURGED, and whose magic defense isn't even much lower than an arcane class, and whose hp is like 30% higher than mine, even though our gear is both endgame sharded, refined, and we both have similar levels of glyphs and star charts. So to expect that I'd have been exposed to many gank situations where many paralyzes are being used over a long period often enough for me to instantly notice that paralyzes are overlapping... no, that isn't a reasonable expectation.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    And yeah it would make play much more intelligent if paralyze classes had to check to see if paralyze is there already or not. Like all non-paralyze classes must. I can't sleep onto a sleep or sog onto an sog or immobilize onto an immobilize, and it would broken if i could. Its just as broken that paralyzes can overlap onto paralyzes, especially when bm and sin work together. No arcane ever can tank 14s of endgame sin and bm dmg. Our armor just isn't good enough. Overlapping paralyze make it absurdly easy to force genies of arcane and then they are left naked and sins basically always crit, if any one of those crits zerks its game over... even without zerk the simple dps will kill basically any arcane. Oh. And every melee can purge now, often faster than venos or archers can, as if with the absurd amounts of dmg increases given to sins and db they needed the ability to purge anything within seconds as well (while arcanes can get a weakass -channeling proc as if this is somehow a fair balance to purge...wtf! nobody uses this proc absolutely nobody)... faugh, this game makes me disgusted sometimes. There is so much unfairness that needs to be adjusted and PW China just doesn't seem to give a sht.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I mean..in the end, there are also people out there that don't know that 100% is the debuff cap in PvE in terms of Physical and Magical defense. For me, that too is common knowledge. However, when I think about it..how should they know if they don't try it out themselves. I guess not everyone is so perceptive to see that a devour + str mire does the same damage as if you also add a SB Ulti. Welp.

    As for paralyze, yes, I play all classes that can paralyze..however, since I was mainly a barb back then and even my SB was hella tanky when it first came out (especially in reaper form) I did tank quite a bit and was paralyzed for quite some time..that is why I nearly immidiately noticed this mechanic. It obviously helps that I always knew how long all the CC skills last and people get the impression of me that I do nothing else but analyze any situation during a fight, even stopping in the middle of the fight to give a comment about a very unfortunate miss/CC-Fail and the likes. Yes, that might be just me and it can be considered a flaw that I always expect that anyone else acts the same way. Welp, my friends knew about this as well, so I also wouldn't have had the chance to "realize" that it was not common knowledge.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I’m pretty surprised ppl really did not know this but hey anything’s possible
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    What did you think was happening when you were stuck with no way out? Lag?
  • bookkeeper#6784
    bookkeeper#6784 Posts: 25 Arc User
    @jsxshadow you still trolling people on forums..
    everybody needs chi... if you don't need chi don't triple chi @ fsj......
    even db transform need chi...........
    god play ur r9 alts on the game ... don't troll in here...
    @dbfarmer1#6868 i also want to add that reset to 0 chi for 2 secs of non pvp combat just to disrupt db from transforming and make u paralyze lock.. db does need that transform to connect their combo peacefully....

    also this thread doesnt make sense.... since if you play like its been x years since paralyze was op.. thats's why when db paralyze you ... you are not gonna make any interaction... unless you have faith....
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @jsxshadow you still trolling people on forums..
    everybody needs chi... if you don't need chi don't triple chi @ fsj......
    even db transform need chi...........
    god play ur r9 alts on the game ... don't troll in here...
    @dbfarmer1#6868 i also want to add that reset to 0 chi for 2 secs of non pvp combat just to disrupt db from transforming and make u paralyze lock.. db does need that transform to connect their combo peacefully....

    also this thread doesnt make sense.... since if you play like its been x years since paralyze was op.. thats's why when db paralyze you ... you are not gonna make any interaction... unless you have faith....

    Actually db don’t tbh reaper makes it easier but they really don’t need it to really get a good cc lock in. Also not true you can get out of it without faith as long you have fortify on genie it’s quite simple
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    One more factor to consider is how much easier it becomes to abuse overlapping paralyzes now that there are debuff timers.

    Previously, you always had to guess how much time there was left on paralyze. There are so many different paralyzes with many different durations, ranging from 0.5s all the way to 7.5s. Oh, in very small scale pvp situations... lets say, 2v2 or 3v3, you could see your buddy the blademaster use dragon rising, and mentally say to yourself ok I'll do my paralyze 5 or 6 seconds from now... but that assumes you are excellent at keeping time, that you saw exactly the moment when your buddy used his skill, you don't lag or get distracted for a small moment and lose your count, etc. Previously, in mass pvp, it would be improbable to notice how and when somebody got paralyzed. In the chaos of xNW, with people all around, you jump to a new target, and that target is paralyzed. Previously you couldn't have known how much time was left on the paralyze. If its a long paralyze, obviously wait---if its a short one, use your own. How to tell? You couldn't really, just a quick guess.

    Now though you get to see every time how much time is left and precisely time your debuffs to crisply overlap with debuffs already applied. I think this in particular is what chinwookie's gang has clearly done. Their method of hitting me with 1-3 dbs, sin, and a bm all at the same time with precisely timed dragon rising and sin cursed jail has too much of a practiced air to it. But even if they weren't working in a squad together, the simple fact is the debuff timers make it absurdly easy to overlap paralyzes in a way not previously practical.

    Paralyze was always broken, but now its easier to take advantage of than before. In light of that it may no longer be a surprise that more people are noticing how paralyze works (either those affected by the paralyze locks, or the ones doing the paralyze locks themselves).
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    csquared5 wrote: »
    One more factor to consider is how much easier it becomes to abuse overlapping paralyzes now that there are debuff timers.

    Previously, you always had to guess how much time there was left on paralyze. There are so many different paralyzes with many different durations, ranging from 0.5s all the way to 7.5s. Oh, in very small scale pvp situations... lets say, 2v2 or 3v3, you could see your buddy the blademaster use dragon rising, and mentally say to yourself ok I'll do my paralyze 5 or 6 seconds from now... but that assumes you are excellent at keeping time, that you saw exactly the moment when your buddy used his skill, you don't lag or get distracted for a small moment and lose your count, etc. Previously, in mass pvp, it would be improbable to notice how and when somebody got paralyzed. In the chaos of xNW, with people all around, you jump to a new target, and that target is paralyzed. Previously you couldn't have known how much time was left on the paralyze. If its a long paralyze, obviously wait---if its a short one, use your own. How to tell? You couldn't really, just a quick guess.

    Now though you get to see every time how much time is left and precisely time your debuffs to crisply overlap with debuffs already applied. I think this in particular is what chinwookie's gang has clearly done. Their method of hitting me with 1-3 dbs, sin, and a bm all at the same time with precisely timed dragon rising and sin cursed jail has too much of a practiced air to it. But even if they weren't working in a squad together, the simple fact is the debuff timers make it absurdly easy to overlap paralyzes in a way not previously practical.

    Paralyze was always broken, but now its easier to take advantage of than before. In light of that it may no longer be a surprise that more people are noticing how paralyze works (either those affected by the paralyze locks, or the ones doing the paralyze locks themselves).

    No offense but more and more these post seem more like a personal vendetta after twice now you mention one specific squad doing this. Is paralyzed different? Yes, is it broken? No doubt in comparison to other stuns but after what 4yr of the class being out you just noticed after this crew kept I’m assuming killing you? Feels kinda personal, anyways imo that’s not even the worse of it considering paralyze can stop def charms from activating which spells immediate doom once you chain it with a group. Also, aren’t you a cleric? Clerics literally have array one of the most rediculous skills in the game if used properly... It’s nearly 2 ticks of charm that’s denied to said player, for the average endgame arcane if purged (which is normal with purge wep now) and ganked even with a genie can be killed before you even hit AD lol. At this point you’re comparing apples and oranges here if you really look at it.

    Blademasters can do massive nukes now despite being tanky and cc locking, mystics can siphon heals from pot charm skills and genie block(tbh one of the biggest problems imo), stormbringer ulti is a big part of why xtw is messed up and we all know how rediculous vortex is. Psychics at endgame gear hit extremely hard and fast, hell Nemki, Allonde, Danni (I’m sure there’s more) and can sit backline and nuke quick but if stunned still have a chance of a saving with soul of silence even w/o genie. Wizards meh personally think they got shafted for the past few years still don’t get me wrong I’ve watched wizards fire combo obliterate ppl for years which was bs. Now it’s not as effective unless they have a zerk wep and proc zerk with it or even zerk crit. Veno? Don’t get me started with veno 0 pdef, chi combo, and the mana combo, kitashi is sage even and can still obliterate even arcane 100%-0 ppl many classes have unfair mechanics it’s PWI lol....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @jsxshadow you still trolling people on forums..
    everybody needs chi... if you don't need chi don't triple chi @ fsj......
    even db transform need chi...........
    god play ur r9 alts on the game ... don't troll in here...
    @dbfarmer1#6868 i also want to add that reset to 0 chi for 2 secs of non pvp combat just to disrupt db from transforming and make u paralyze lock.. db does need that transform to connect their combo peacefully....

    also this thread doesnt make sense.... since if you play like its been x years since paralyze was op.. thats's why when db paralyze you ... you are not gonna make any interaction... unless you have faith....

    Actually db don’t tbh reaper makes it easier but they really don’t need it to really get a good cc lock in. Also not true you can get out of it without faith as long you have fortify on genie it’s quite simple

    Lend me some of that patience bro xD Seriously, people call me a troll and expect me to not get triggered when clueless fools like this dude come here, insult me but then can't even shine with knowledge, no, they are absolutely clueless.

    I will go into it a little. If a DB has 0 Chi, you can jump people, use Saber Beads, go for the Full grief combo. By the time Grief is over, you already have at least 150 chi, then you go to reaper form, Gale -> Ode -> Gale -> Strigimorphic and at that point you have FULL CHI. Then feel free to obliterate the target with Quad-Combo, use Destiny combo into Dragon Trap into Trip spark/Disarm and just spam Arc-Combo right after, depending on the genie state of your enemy.

    Even without Beads...you can go for that and have enough chi for the full quad combo + Shadow prey or just Destiny combo (without trip spark tho, selfbuff is ok too). DBs DO NOT NEED CHI FOR A SINGLE TARGET. LOL.

    I wish people would insult me on the forums that actually know what the eff they are talking about..that would be refreshing..for once.

    @csquared5 I agree, paralyze is OP in a way but it is not broken. Not anymore. There are many ways around it and tbh..if you are in a situation in which people stack paralyze on you..then you have 3+ people on you anyways..doesn't sound like a fair nor balanced situation..so why even bother about it? 3+ People should always get you killed if equally geared. What paralyze does is enable one big DD to kill you if he has support by, lets say, a lower geared BM and DB. This gives those classes meaning. They don't need OP gears to fullfil their jobs in mass pvp. That's ok. In 1v1...pfft, if the DB is good the caster/LA has no chance anyways, anything you can throw at him can be countered so that you cannot even start using anything at all..so...

    As for 3v3...clerics are far more broken than any DB or paralyze class in general can be. Look at my latest video..now watch the fights that we have lost (cept for alphas squad..the gear difference is impossible) and change the cleric for a sin or duskblade. Chances are we would've won those fights, at least in most situations. Paralyze is absolutely NOTHING compared to a 15 second CC that is unavoidable once hit and a potential 38 second CC...both of which are basically spamable on a class that has one of the best survival sets of all classes, not even regarding the heals. Now, you can ignore the cleric, but then..everytime you come close killing one of the clerics team-mates..it takes one skill..either purify or a heal..and all your effort and killing attempts are for naught. This is the definition of BROKEN BS. Paralyze..pft, at least people need to know how to efficiently use it, otherwise I just break out and stomp those people. They need skill for that. Relying on a total of 6 important skills..that don't even have to be chained or even remotely timed perfectly..that needs no skill. Even the most dumb clerics can be very effective on it when they are just able to press a few keys and are not blind.

    If a 3v3 squad (same goes for Mass pvp) has a cleric that is SO tanky that you cannot kill it easily through her own ulti as well with the people you have..then there is legit no way to win the PvP for your squad. If they should balance something then it would be increasing sleep and sog CD in 3v3 to 3 minutes each AT LEAST and remove or tweak cleric ulti alltogether. 40 seconds of double HP on already insanely tanky people...LOL. Make it 15 tops!

    So Tl;Dr: Noobs with paralyze get outplayed and still die aka Paralyze doesn't bother me at all. If I get ganked by 5+ people for perma CC lock..welp, then its because of 5+ people, not broken mechanics. You can't expect to win a fight like that anyways and if you do...welp. Clerics on the other hand..no matter how crappy they are...they are ALWAYS a massive pain in the bottom for any squad that does not have equal amounts of clerics or enough CC toons to nail the cleric down forever and praying that the other mates have enough damage to kill the rest of the team. So much effort for just one class..and if they break free..welp.
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    One more factor to consider is how much easier it becomes to abuse overlapping paralyzes now that there are debuff timers.

    Previously, you always had to guess how much time there was left on paralyze. There are so many different paralyzes with many different durations, ranging from 0.5s all the way to 7.5s. Oh, in very small scale pvp situations... lets say, 2v2 or 3v3, you could see your buddy the blademaster use dragon rising, and mentally say to yourself ok I'll do my paralyze 5 or 6 seconds from now... but that assumes you are excellent at keeping time, that you saw exactly the moment when your buddy used his skill, you don't lag or get distracted for a small moment and lose your count, etc. Previously, in mass pvp, it would be improbable to notice how and when somebody got paralyzed. In the chaos of xNW, with people all around, you jump to a new target, and that target is paralyzed. Previously you couldn't have known how much time was left on the paralyze. If its a long paralyze, obviously wait---if its a short one, use your own. How to tell? You couldn't really, just a quick guess.

    Now though you get to see every time how much time is left and precisely time your debuffs to crisply overlap with debuffs already applied. I think this in particular is what chinwookie's gang has clearly done. Their method of hitting me with 1-3 dbs, sin, and a bm all at the same time with precisely timed dragon rising and sin cursed jail has too much of a practiced air to it. But even if they weren't working in a squad together, the simple fact is the debuff timers make it absurdly easy to overlap paralyzes in a way not previously practical.

    Paralyze was always broken, but now its easier to take advantage of than before. In light of that it may no longer be a surprise that more people are noticing how paralyze works (either those affected by the paralyze locks, or the ones doing the paralyze locks themselves).

    Yes, its easier because game was "dumbed down" - Not that it was exactly hard before. Could you know durations for sure? No but thats where experience came into picture. And I can only speak for myself but I never counted seconds for CC, I just have/had inner timing to know when it ends.

    So Chinwookie and co. "Abuses" widely known mechanic, so what? I put abuse in "" because I really dont consider it abuse. Yes, the fact para works like that is broken but should they play intentionally worse than they can just to avoid "abusing" it? No, its not their fault it works like it does and calling it abuse when ppl arent just mindlessly hitting different buttons is silly.

    And honestly, I thought everybody "who matters" knew how para worked. Joe did make a thread bout it, though I am pretty sure we had already been testing things and figured it ourselves before seeing said thread. So there were definitely ppl on different servers picking up on it fast and it was even broadcasted on these forums to spread the knowledge. Its kinda on you for not to know bout it for 4(?) years.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    My irritation is partly at PWI for allowing this broken mechanic to exist (and then making it worse), and partly at the people who flagrantly abuse it. I mean... at a certain point, you can say 'can't blame the players if it isn't forbidden its allowed'... which I drop into the bucket with the same logic that says 'we should all do dragon rushes in DC if that is the best way to win'. Technically effective, but it feels cheap---it isn't satisfying at all. Paralyze is already an incredibly strong cc. It should at least take some skill to use effectively! Can we agree on this at least?

    As far as clerics go... in 3v3? Oh yes, very strong. Along with sin, db, and veno, one of the best classes for 3v3. But that isn't to say cleric isn't without it's weaknesses. Nowadays it takes a lot, and I repeat, a lot of gear to avoid getting 1-2 shot by sins and dbs and barbs and bms and seekers. I can't count the number of times that I've survived a dmg combo by a whisker, perhaps some combination of endless cc and purges, and managed to get my ulti off, just to promptly die anyways to some ludicrous 20-40k hit.

    Without a db in my squad, I'm highly, highly vulnerable to the extra dmg that comes from crits. With a db in squad I'm incredibly more tanky against light-armor classes. So for that buff alone, db can have huge impact on the outcome of the match. Also problematic is dbs, who give anti-seal to the squad at start of match and ensure that sog can't be cast right away. Sleep at start of match is also risky (sin tidal 33% chance no way can cleric risk that) and dbs (and other classes) often have antistun, and seekers often use blade affinity at unfortunate timing... etc.

    Sins ofc just have crazy high dmg, crits or no crits. Even heavy armors sometimes succumb to that enormously high raw dmg.

    Clerics are strong but still rank below sins and dbs in terms of effectiveness in 3v3.

    More interesting though, what about venos? Venos have less ability to care for themselves than a cleric but are naturally tankier if they stay in fox form, and unlike cleric, a veno can give up all of their magic attack with a vit build and still be deadly (crush vigor does dmg based on a % of enemy hp, no magic attack neeeded) whereas if a cleric gives up all their magic attack for vit, their heals and heal debuffs will be really weak, and apart from their cc, heals and heal debuffs is what makes a cleric dangerous. And if low magic points, then low mana pool, and therefore weak plume shell. That is why we tend to see quite a few vit-statted venos but comparatively few vit-statted clerics. So I'd rank venos around same as clerics in terms of effectiveness in 3v3. Besides which in China's 3v3 rankings, venos feature prominently in the top teams, along with sins and dbs. Clerics feature somewhat too but not as much. (At least when I last looked at rankings somebody mentioned on forums some time ago.)
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    csquared5 wrote: »
    My irritation is partly at PWI for allowing this broken mechanic to exist (and then making it worse), and partly at the people who flagrantly abuse it. I mean... at a certain point, you can say 'can't blame the players if it isn't forbidden its allowed'... which I drop into the bucket with the same logic that says 'we should all do dragon rushes in DC if that is the best way to win'. Technically effective, but it feels cheap---it isn't satisfying at all. Paralyze is already an incredibly strong cc. It should at least take some skill to use effectively! Can we agree on this at least?

    As far as clerics go... in 3v3? Oh yes, very strong. Along with sin, db, and veno, one of the best classes for 3v3. But that isn't to say cleric isn't without it's weaknesses. Nowadays it takes a lot, and I repeat, a lot of gear to avoid getting 1-2 shot by sins and dbs and barbs and bms and seekers. I can't count the number of times that I've survived a dmg combo by a whisker, perhaps some combination of endless cc and purges, and managed to get my ulti off, just to promptly die anyways to some ludicrous 20-40k hit.

    Without a db in my squad, I'm highly, highly vulnerable to the extra dmg that comes from crits. With a db in squad I'm incredibly more tanky against light-armor classes. So for that buff alone, db can have huge impact on the outcome of the match. Also problematic is dbs, who give anti-seal to the squad at start of match and ensure that sog can't be cast right away. Sleep at start of match is also risky (sin tidal 33% chance no way can cleric risk that) and dbs (and other classes) often have antistun, and seekers often use blade affinity at unfortunate timing... etc.

    Sins ofc just have crazy high dmg, crits or no crits. Even heavy armors sometimes succumb to that enormously high raw dmg.

    Clerics are strong but still rank below sins and dbs in terms of effectiveness in 3v3.

    More interesting though, what about venos? Venos have less ability to care for themselves than a cleric but are naturally tankier if they stay in fox form, and unlike cleric, a veno can give up all of their magic attack with a vit build and still be deadly (crush vigor does dmg based on a % of enemy hp, no magic attack neeeded) whereas if a cleric gives up all their magic attack for vit, their heals and heal debuffs will be really weak, and apart from their cc, heals and heal debuffs is what makes a cleric dangerous. And if low magic points, then low mana pool, and therefore weak plume shell. That is why we tend to see quite a few vit-statted venos but comparatively few vit-statted clerics. So I'd rank venos around same as clerics in terms of effectiveness in 3v3. Besides which in China's 3v3 rankings, venos feature prominently in the top teams, along with sins and dbs. Clerics feature somewhat too but not as much. (At least when I last looked at rankings somebody mentioned on forums some time ago.)

    0pdef, mana combo and chi combo (idk the exact names just what my venos friends explained to me). Less ability to care for themselves? A veno is the hardest arcane to kill for phy classes at endgame wtf lol? They literally have the most saves on one arcane in the game. Ever try hitting endgame venos on physical classes while Fox? You hit a spam of 2ks then finally you about to combo then they constantly are constantly circulating genie/pots/damage immune skill/2 damage reduction skills? Find me one other arcane with this many ways to reduce incoming damage...

    Duskblades have a lot of damage on you? I’m calling you on that mainly because duskblades hasn’t truely had a damage increase update in nearly 2-3years (when they got primal skills) since then all they did was adjust their survivalbility and nerf some cc and increase lower survivalbility (divine moonlight increased cd to 30 sec from 10 seconds, quadrature cost more chi and umbral stalker cooldown increased). Even then a devil db will only do substantial damage to you with quadrature which just good decisions made by you with your genie and squad to help you solves that. There’s only one difficult devil dusk to kill and that’s fixxed but we all know 80 def wep are broken so eh. If you sick a atk lvl sin on a atk dusk he drops like potatoes once he’s purged idk what’s the issue there your team is normally a veno cleric seek(swap this with a dusk sometimes) ofc that team can’t put much pressure on a db. If one team is a better mix than yours then that’s just out of your control.

    If you keep comparing what on class has and what others dont you’re just ganna stay in circles. Cleric Array is extremely powerful with plumeshell,sleep and sog especially in 3v3 and you’re saying it’s unfair a dusk can stop the sog from his squadmates with a 90 sec cd to that skill? So a cleric should be allowed to completely take control of the battlefield because it’s a cleric? From your videos your team very high gear and does exceptionally well, just because you can’t win everything man doesn’t mean it ganna completely be unfair.

    For god sake your veno 0 pdefs ppl, you sog/sleep cycle in a corner while the other two destroy ppl one by one. The seeker ss slash combo forces genie and pots immediately then just edge blur murders ppl barely any work required here sure it’s luck but totally fair when a dot skill can hit ppl even arcanes 8k+ per tick and ignore def charms? Or someone getting cced and oh look 0 pdef and randomly takes 50k fair? Dude you’re using classes with extremely high advantages too lol
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    In 3v3 it really mainly comes down to squad composition. Look at mine..how we can beat the people we beat is beyond me. If Ruby was a DB, BM or Cleric instead of a wizard...holy moly...then I might not complain about clerics as much but still, clerics are the most broken class for 3v3 by far. Clerics are only "ok" if they instantly die. That means you will need to have a sin/DB/Barb that vastly outgears the cleric so that they can instantly kill it. If you can't insta-kill the cleric and also cannot hold the cleric down..then they will be the biggest trouble you can ever imagine ESPECIALLY if the cleric comes teamed up with people that can kill nearly anything on their own (like sins, barbs, dbs, seeker, aso. ...)...just look at alphanei's squad..there is a reason why they rank so high. Take out alpha and put an equally geared wizard or Archer in there...see how far they go then..not the very top, 100% certainly not. Without support, people can actually sneak a kill on the sin or the other dudes in the party..no issue at all. Sure, the sin can easily kill each and everyone of your team before that...however, with an insanely tanky cleric in tow...winning that squad is damn near impossible hence cleric is broken beyond belief.

    Even lower geared clerics can SoG/Sleep/Support and put ppl through hell if left unchecked. Venos...tbh, the only thing that needs to be removed there for Mass-PvP is Demon IW, this skills is pure cancer and is such a ridiculous cop-out that requires literally 0 skill to use and is pure RNG. I wish for it to be gone. As for Chi/Mana combo...I don't mind. Pay attention to your chi and if a veno dares using a reliable dex genie for mana combo..welp, they have to sacrifice loads of survival means on their genie, hence they die faster. High risk high reward aka it's OK. Can be countered, without even much effort, just pressure the veno.

    Duskblades...are also great in 3v3, however, they also need a great base composition (team) in order to truly shine. if you have a DB, a Wizard and an Archer...welp, good luck! Everyone in the competition is basically endgame or close to endgame..so you can't argue based on things like "Clerics die fast!" or stuff like that because it is simply not true. That's like saying, ok, clerics are weak because my josd cleric gets oneshot by the enemy devil stone, NP sin (anyone does, even HA sometimes). If you don't have insanely OP damage to kill a cleric reliably through Ulti/Plume shell without having to rely on RNGesus to ZC 7 times in a row...clerics are absolute hell and literally render the fight even worse than a 2v3 cause sometimes you can dish out damage to kill certain targets 7 times over and due to purify/heal they still survive, gain time to strike back and eventually kill you.

    I might sound redundant, but as long as a class requires skill to perform OP stuff..I cant consider it OP, because most people will never be able to perform it in a way that puts much pressure on people, really, at least not on people that know what they are doing. Classes like Cleric (and sin as well, tho if you are tanky enough and the sin isn't a luck god..meh, who cares about the sin then?) are always great..even if they only have 6 skills in their skill bar and nothing else. Absolutely. Friggin. Ridiculous.

    PS: Barbs with enough damage to OS people with a zc arma through buffs and def charm are the only thing to be considered more broken than a cleric...even worse if they team up..
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Paralyze is more broken than most people realize.

    Even I didn't realize exactly *why* until I looked very, VERY closely at some of my videos. I discovered it just two days ago in fact.

    The reason why I looked so closely was because, when I was caught by multiple dbs/sins/bms at once, I was noticing there was never a gap in the stun lock. Not even 'tiny' gaps, just literally 'no gaps at all'. And it didn't make sense to me. Stuns can't overlap; if you do a stun too soon while somebody is already stunned, your stun doesn't apply. Same with seals. Same with sleeps. Same with SOG. Same as immobilizes. Same as ANY debuff that prevents skill use or stops movement.

    Surely paralyze works the same way... I assumed.

    WRONG.

    It only became possible to categorically prove it with the introduction of the countdown timer on debuffs:

    **** Paralyze can overwrite each other***

    Yes---unlike any other cc in game, one paralyze can overwrite an existing paralyze. If you have enough enemies attacking you, and they all cycle through their paralyzes, you can literally be paralyzed... FOREVER... without a SINGLE gap.

    Example:
    -db does a 4s paralyze on me. the timer shows 4s, then 3s, 2s...
    -bm does dragon rising on me. timer jumps up to 8s, then down to 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s...
    -sin does cursed jail on me. timer jumps up to 7s, then 6s, 5s, 4s...
    -timer never reaches 0; I remain paralyzed the entire time

    ETC.

    Yes, paralyze OVERWRITE each other, like NO other skill-stopping cc in game in game. If you've ever thought 'geez why does this stun lock never end' when you get ganked by bm/sin/db combos... its because sometimes it literally DOES not end.

    WTF!

    And I know who already knows this. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fixxed/Chinwookie/bestDB/np sin/bm who always run around together in xNW. I assure you these guys knew 100% and probably kept the information to themselves. They put paralyze onto paralyze way too often in my videos for it to be coincidence. Bah! Lame ****. I'd rather out the info and bear the price if more ppl use it on me, at least now they can have a taste of their own medicine. And of course I'll be contacting GM and arguing for a fix as well.

    The ability of paralyze to overlap each other and literally be never-ending cc, without any need at all to interweave ccs of different types together, is just the most broken **** **** I've come across in PWI in quite some time. It is especially frustrating since there is no anti-paralyze genie skill like there is for seals, sleeps, stuns, immobilizes, etc (why the **** not), and since paralyze is limited to a very few classes, who (coincidentally, of COURSE) are among the strongest classes in game.

    Paralyze is already an easy cc to use, since only belief or immunity blocks it. You basically don't have to pay much attention to which buffs your target has in. But it gets even more absurdly easy if you don't even have to pay attention to whether your target is already paralyzed or not. And with debuff timers in, it is also easy to put your paralyze near the end of others' paralyze such that there are no gaps.

    Surely the 'paralyze overwriting other paralyze' can't have been intentional. It is already strong enough without that particular feature needed. If you agree, help me contact gms and lets get this particular 'feature' removed from game permanently.

    WTF LOL? No comment on this, you are ridiculous. That you can"t beat chinwookie is your personal fault, not him being db who can circle paras. Thank you for giving me a cancer.
  • tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2018

    ETC.

    Yes, paralyze OVERWRITE each other, like NO other skill-stopping cc in game in game. If you've ever thought 'geez why does this stun lock never end' when you get ganked by bm/sin/db combos... its because sometimes it literally DOES not end.

    WTF!

    And I know who already knows this. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fixxed/Chinwookie/bestDB/np sin/bm who always run around together in xNW. I assure you these guys knew 100% and probably kept the information to themselves. They put paralyze onto paralyze way too often in my videos for it to be coincidence. Bah! Lame ****. I'd rather out the info and bear the price if more ppl use it on me, at least now they can have a taste of their own medicine. And of course I'll be contacting GM and arguing for a fix as well.




    :)

  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Paralyze is more broken than most people realize.

    Even I didn't realize exactly *why* until I looked very, VERY closely at some of my videos. I discovered it just two days ago in fact.

    The reason why I looked so closely was because, when I was caught by multiple dbs/sins/bms at once, I was noticing there was never a gap in the stun lock. Not even 'tiny' gaps, just literally 'no gaps at all'. And it didn't make sense to me. Stuns can't overlap; if you do a stun too soon while somebody is already stunned, your stun doesn't apply. Same with seals. Same with sleeps. Same with SOG. Same as immobilizes. Same as ANY debuff that prevents skill use or stops movement.

    Surely paralyze works the same way... I assumed.

    WRONG.

    It only became possible to categorically prove it with the introduction of the countdown timer on debuffs:

    **** Paralyze can overwrite each other***

    Yes---unlike any other cc in game, one paralyze can overwrite an existing paralyze. If you have enough enemies attacking you, and they all cycle through their paralyzes, you can literally be paralyzed... FOREVER... without a SINGLE gap.

    Example:
    -db does a 4s paralyze on me. the timer shows 4s, then 3s, 2s...
    -bm does dragon rising on me. timer jumps up to 8s, then down to 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s...
    -sin does cursed jail on me. timer jumps up to 7s, then 6s, 5s, 4s...
    -timer never reaches 0; I remain paralyzed the entire time

    ETC.

    Yes, paralyze OVERWRITE each other, like NO other skill-stopping cc in game in game. If you've ever thought 'geez why does this stun lock never end' when you get ganked by bm/sin/db combos... its because sometimes it literally DOES not end.

    WTF!

    And I know who already knows this. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fixxed/Chinwookie/bestDB/np sin/bm who always run around together in xNW. I assure you these guys knew 100% and probably kept the information to themselves. They put paralyze onto paralyze way too often in my videos for it to be coincidence. Bah! Lame ****. I'd rather out the info and bear the price if more ppl use it on me, at least now they can have a taste of their own medicine. And of course I'll be contacting GM and arguing for a fix as well.

    The ability of paralyze to overlap each other and literally be never-ending cc, without any need at all to interweave ccs of different types together, is just the most broken **** **** I've come across in PWI in quite some time. It is especially frustrating since there is no anti-paralyze genie skill like there is for seals, sleeps, stuns, immobilizes, etc (why the **** not), and since paralyze is limited to a very few classes, who (coincidentally, of COURSE) are among the strongest classes in game.

    Paralyze is already an easy cc to use, since only belief or immunity blocks it. You basically don't have to pay much attention to which buffs your target has in. But it gets even more absurdly easy if you don't even have to pay attention to whether your target is already paralyzed or not. And with debuff timers in, it is also easy to put your paralyze near the end of others' paralyze such that there are no gaps.

    Surely the 'paralyze overwriting other paralyze' can't have been intentional. It is already strong enough without that particular feature needed. If you agree, help me contact gms and lets get this particular 'feature' removed from game permanently.

    WTF LOL? No comment on this, you are ridiculous. That you can"t beat chinwookie is your personal fault, not him being db who can circle paras. Thank you for giving me a cancer.

    I think he really meant that they travel together as a group using the paralyze thing.. i dont think it has nothing to do anything not being able to beat the player.. But you know how people go always trying to make it seems its something personal.. When he clearly stated they travel in groups
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 84 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I’m pretty surprised ppl really did not know this but hey anything’s possible
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I’m pretty surprised ppl really did not know this but hey anything’s possible

    I didn't know either i think is mainly because i wasn't doing much pvp an just focusing on trying to catch up on gears since i had stopped playing for awhile.. But when i decided to 1v1 this db i noticed that the para kept resetting i was liek WTF is this ****.. i was asking him about him but it clearly showed that he didn't want to tell me because he was liek he can reset the para an i thought to myself that dont make any sense at all only way that can happen if he just para over the para that was already there..
  • lonetedeman
    lonetedeman Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    this game doodoo
    Post edited by lonetedeman on
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Maybe its more of a server specific thing whenever its common knowledge or not. Forexample Twilight Temple is filled with stormbringers and duskblades and I have seen countless of times stormbringers and duskblades overwriting paralyze, typically a BMs paralyze as its the most noticeable (7.5 seconds randomly dissapear after 3 seconds.. yeahhh) Im neither a big pvper or a real paralyze class, yet I've known since forever.