Tome Refining

justdax
justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
Mirage Chart (Required)

Two Mirage Charts is required for every refinement. To the right of the Mirage Chart slot is a selection for assisting items, such as Heaven Guard Chart, Earth Guard Chart, Celestial Secret Chapter, and Dimension Secret Chapter. All these items (including Mirage Charts) can be purchased from the Boutique when the expansion launches.

And are the Mirage Charts going to be available any other way than in the boutique?? Seems like just another way for the CS'rs to get more powerful and the F2P'rs to be left behind -- again!! Would appreciate some additional information on this as tome refining should be readily available to all players, not just those with the ability to CS. Thx

Comments

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    wasnt this supposed to work with a farmable item and normal dragon orbs? if it turns out to be cash-shop only, then r.i.p. 1-digit gold prices :/
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    There was no way PWCN would introduce tome refining and just let players get quick +12 with promo Dragon Orbs and event gold refine aids.

The confusion might come from my old PWCN expansion thread because I mentioned refine aids and such. I also thought it might be possible to use the old refining materials, but the details were unclear and I eventually figured out that PWCN will try to make tome refining the latest "cash grab" thing.

We'll get some tome refining items as rewards from the new sky level. Though of course, it won't be enough for +12.
    32073998_840094592851648_2130482217527279616_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=29e4beb57523f55c5deb84b994932a00&oe=5BD44147
    ​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    From my PWCN client I noticed there is an untradeable version of the +5 orb so that version might be farmable. The +12 orb is in the files already but it currently has a "GM" in its name which is what they do to make the item hidden from in the ingame encyclopedia. They are clearly planning on releasing that at a later date once people blow a lot of money getting to +8 / +9.

From the prices in PWCN I expect the +8 orbs to be around 100 gold each and the +5 orbs to be like 20 gold. After +8 you're gonna be Tisha'ing for +9 for the +5 attack level. Give up on +10 for now.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    What I still really, really badly wanna know is if there is a possibility to keep the refined tome unbound...I swear..tomes are cheap atm..but refining one for all 8 of my chars, nope.

Considering the stats you gain...having to roughly invest 300-400 gold for +9 and maybe another 500 for +12 later on is reasonable IF the tome stays unbound. Otherwise they can eff off.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I believe tomes auto bind on refining.

I may be wrong but that's how I read it.

Thanks.
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    so much for refining any tomes then -- i don't want bound tomes when my alts need to use them or i pass them down as I get better ones

sorry, but this CS/F2P divide gets worse with every expansion/update. I'm quickly losing all desire to continue. Thanks for the additional information.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    From how I've read it, it is possible to refine it without binding it. However you cant use tisha on unbound tome, kinda forcing you to use orbs all the way.
    But I dont know for sure of course. We are still missing details and will really first know for sure when the expansion launches.