no faction base quests, What do I do now to keep my base alive?

13»

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Im gonna get some rage over this im sure but...

Are you guys hoping to have the Bases reverted to normal / Opened with out points requirements.

* on my perspective the odds of this happening are not great. The Faction bases as they are give some rewards and buffs that are something you would expect to work for. In all fairness as well factions bases are not designed for a few people.
    * YES. I get it its a bit much. BUT even if they opened the faction bases with out cost you would not be able to do anything in them because you would not have the points to have it working.

You can open a base with about 8 people. But ur need to run JFSP for 3 runs/ day with 8 people for the 300 Points then with at least 2 people for the rest of the runs each day. to get 1000+ points the week after its a bit easier. as you can start the second FSP 200 Point run. With the first that 500 points. The run each day with 2 or more in group earning points to make up the other remaining.

In all run and jump the above makes it difficult to see an argument for opening the bases. They should have let people know they admitted that and the loss of points was given compensation. However the loss of Millions for the old bases when people just opened it I can see a point for.

So im seeing that as the issue am I correct?

Thanks.​​
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    The bases we had before should still be availabe, with bigger factions and or lower factions haveing the optiion to upgrade if they so choose. Haveing said that it hurts new people also, no more RW rewards, Nuemas,Flyers,Bloods, so it is totally unfair to those of us who started 9 years ago + it was great doing the faction Questing for exp, it should be brought back I'm still disapponited and no longer spend RL money on the game, my faction that had been around for 5 years,we did get the base open and it sucks, we did run FSD untill everyone was so burnt out we said forget. And yes small factions will never get enough points to do the trials,the old base was for everyone, the new base is only for big factions lets face it the little guys once again screwed.Sad to see Tideswell so dead, and a few competeing factions in Tw as you know, the move on the bases lost alot of players, there are so many things wrong,and now i'm going off topic.

Anyway yes Res. the bases we had, that we spent years and coin upgradeing, we were proud of our base and can carless about the new.
  • tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Just a whine fest at this point. Anyone who just opened a base should have known, but seriously it’s not especially hard to open even with a small guild with just a few players. The only thing they are missing out on is resource war npc (come on really ..) and trials and buffs they couldn’t do anyways.
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    Quote from heero200
    [You can open a base with about 8 people. But you need to run JFSP for 3 runs/ day with 8 people for the 300 Points then with at least 2 people for the rest of the runs each day to get 1000+ points. The week after its a bit easier as you can start the second FSP 200 Point run. With the first that 500 points. The run each day with 2 or more in group earning points to make up the other remaining.]

i don't have enough friends to call upon (even harder now with less players on in UK daytime) to do the 3 JFSP runs and my experience means I seldom complete the dungeon even as a R9RR.
    I want my base back so I can continue what I was doing to keep it alive.
    (I did find out as part of this thread that the keeping a base alive by keeping its health up requirement was removed some time ago.)
    If by some miracle I was able to get my base open I would not be able to keep it open.
    I believe now that If I was to start a new base I would not be able to keep it anyway so I am completely stuck as far as a base goes and I am a less happy player.
    I will keep going on this server until I hit my 10th year of playing and than scrap the whole investment here and start again on a European server, if such a thing still exists then.
  • ramjot
    edited September 2018
    Well, another expansion and still the base is stuck shut.
    Even if I was somehow able to open the base so I could offer it up to someone else I would not have enough time to do that before it was shut again.
    I cant even close it properly.
    All I can do is leave the faction on all my chars and try to join another faction.
    Just a shame.

Why is this comment not marked as the latest and visible on the first page?
  • ramjot
    Ok. last post on this.
    Please would someone either point me to the information about exactly what quests I need to take part in in order to
    a. Open my faction base
    and
    b. Keep it open. I will need the absolute minimum frequency of quests.
    Thank you.
  • banknoname
    banknoname Posts: 20 Arc User
    ramjot wrote: »
    Ok. last post on this.
    Please would someone either point me to the information about exactly what quests I need to take part in in order to
    a. Open my faction base
    and
    b. Keep it open. I will need the absolute minimum frequency of quests.
    Thank you.

A) You need to get 1000 Loyalty Points. You can get 10 per day per character by running Flowsilver Palace, Uncharted Paradise, or Dawnlight Hall with at least 2 people in the squad (including yourself) being from your faction. There are also a few faction goals that give extra points. With no base you have 3 goals that can be completed each week. These goals are Flowsilver Palace: Judgement mode, Uncharted Paradise: Decide mode, and Dawnlight Hall: Judgement mode. Each goal requires you to complete the mentioned instance enough times with the required difficulty with at least 8 people from your faction in the squad.

B)If you go 3 or 4 weeks without getting 1000 Loyalty Points within 1 week the base closes. To get 1000 Loyalty Points without completing any faction goals you need 15 characters to complete Flowsilver Palace each day.
  • ramjot
    OK. Thanks. Not for me then. Don't play enough high dungeons. Faction bases no use to low player any more.

Anyone know what happens to a faction base that has no members?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on