A New Low?

Options
sontzu
sontzu Posts: 965 Arc User
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Sooo...

Just bumped the Base Quest thread to keep it on the front page, and noticed someone did the same yesterday... BUT, the thread remains on the second page.

Clearly PWE have disabled the activity monitor on this page to prevent it's returning to the top.

SHAME ON YOU

Just to let you know, I will post a fresh thread on the subject as often as is necessary to keep this issue on the front page
Sparafucile - Harshlands Dawnglory... pfft
*satirical image removed by pwi*
Sparafucile: Sweetiebot, ppl is NOT a word
Sweetiebot: Your face is not a word

Comments

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    Options
    Why would you automaticlly assume it's Evil PWE at work here, and not a reason like "Bumping threads are not allowed"

In fact, after typeing that first line that i just assumed, i actually went and looked. And it says this

Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Creation of petitions.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm waiting for the next update to see where the game is headed, but I'm not hopeful. I enjoyed playing PWI for years... it was delicious. But now I'm old, and I still play, but the fun is gone.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Why would you automaticlly assume it's Evil PWE at work here, and not a reason like "Bumping threads are not allowed"

In fact, after typeing that first line that i just assumed, i actually went and looked. And it says this

Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Creation of petitions.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)
    Yeah, this would be the reason.

And if you keep making topics, you'll just end up getting marked as a troll so your posts are hidden, or possibly banned if you take it far enough.

We're aware of the issue. PWE is aware of the issue. You bumping the thread with nothing useful other than to keep it on the first page is a violation of the forum rules, and will be dealt with accordingly.​​
This discussion has been closed.