GMs Merge all the servers please..

tabaloul
tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
Please just do it!
It's win win, you revitalize those couple of dead servers that are bleeding playerbase, you save some servers including the cross server one.

I don't wanna quit but my server is so deaaaad​​

Comments

• tabaloul
    i dont want to be cured, i want to pk and do TWs.... i can'tttt sigh it's so dead merge servers plox​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Yeah, I would like server merges, too. It won't save PWI, but it will give people 6-12 months of activity, which I think is worth it. As it is, people are quitting left and right while the other half are just inactive until "something fun happens again". It doesn't help that the upcoming expansion is nothing more than just another round of dailies we've done since 2014.
    ​​
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    The problem 1 is, xServer events wont work w/o 4 servers. You could run ghost servers to get the system think there are 4 servers and thus have DC, NW would be just in server one. The 2nd problem and this is a biggie is the time zone issues.

I would love to see the west coast servers to be merged though - There is no conflicting time zones. The problem with this is, Vindi is already winning xTW and you know after brief period of struggle for power one faction will start vacuuming the top players into faction and break any balance xTW has left.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    xNW should of never have been each server paired with the players only on their own servers it should of been exactly like nw is handled enter and you get assigned to a nation and can work and compete against other servers
  • tabaloul
    bump, pls new GM merge the servers, east coast time zone, everyone happy, game returns alive​​
  • hpw2408h#9962
    hpw2408h#9962 Posts: 26 Arc User
    nah, we would just be merged to Dawnglory server. :D
  • tabaloul
    2 servers then 1 EU, 1 NA
    but we really need something like this​​
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Oh god no! We were literally years recovering from previous merge, dealing with
    * Differences in established ways of splitting loot from instances (drop EOO and random person gets it vs sell it and split coins)
    * Differences in ways instances are ran (everyone in squad knows how to throw axe at toad and so its on random, suddenly we get influx of entire server full of people who're used to someone doing it all for them)
    * Differences in terminology (metal vs snake BH, Spawn WS vs FWS, s3r9 vs rrr9, s3n vs g16, FF vs FC)
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Servers should have been merged months and months ago. Major changes regarding in-game content, cash-shop-paywalls, and community management should have been made months and months ago as well.

If you cant handle running a six-year-old instance at this point . . .
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    it would be a good idea to join the EU server
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Please don’t merge all the servers, next thing you know we are all on trapped on another EU because surprise surprise PWI hates NA despite the damn publisher in California. What will happen is nearly all the NA players will quit within a few months and slowly the EU population is beginning to die, just look at the what a joke DawnGlory has become now from the EU Morai and NA HL. Left and right you can see toons who are obviously bought and sold then repeated within a few months because they realized the mistake of joining this wasteland. Tbh a decent compromise would be merge Twilight Temple, Tideswell, Etherblade and leave DawnGlory as the only EU. It’s on lifesupport don’t leave the others to that too please. Anyone who disagree is more than welcome to afk a toon at silver pool on DA and watch you see ppl just log to afk to “wait for something to happen” news flash nothing does..
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    no blazerboy, you're too negative about it. Even Tideswell, Twilight Temple and Etherblade became a joke for some people.

My opinion: if they ever merge the servers they should also bound all items in the Boutique. No more gold selling while PWE still makes money. The - spam would still be here but that's not a problem. I just dgaf about other players as long as I have fun in the game (have it for 9 years now lol). If it is on me PWE just have to merge all servers to the EU server and use a PK server on NA. Lol, I would probably make a new char in NA. :)
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • blazerboy
    sjampie wrote: »
    no blazerboy, you're too negative about it. Even Tideswell, Twilight Temple and Etherblade became a joke for some people.

My opinion: if they ever merge the servers they should also bound all items in the Boutique. No more gold selling while PWE still makes money. The - spam would still be here but that's not a problem. I just dgaf about other players as long as I have fun in the game (have it for 9 years now lol). If it is on me PWE just have to merge all servers to the EU server and use a PK server on NA. Lol, I would probably make a new char in NA. :)

That could not be further from the truth and making the game completely sided with cash shoppers by doing so will not end well if they tried this.

• shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    The problem 1 is, xServer events wont work w/o 4 servers. You could run ghost servers to get the system think there are 4 servers and thus have DC, NW would be just in server one. The 2nd problem and this is a biggie is the time zone issues.

I would love to see the west coast servers to be merged though - There is no conflicting time zones. The problem with this is, Vindi is already winning xTW and you know after brief period of struggle for power one faction will start vacuuming the top players into faction and break any balance xTW has left.

remove all the X events :) XTW ? XNW ? why when you in 1 server you have TW and NW
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    implode wrote: »
    Oh god no! We were literally years recovering from previous merge, dealing with
    * Differences in established ways of splitting loot from instances (drop EOO and random person gets it vs sell it and split coins)
    * Differences in ways instances are ran (everyone in squad knows how to throw axe at toad and so its on random, suddenly we get influx of entire server full of people who're used to someone doing it all for them)
    * Differences in terminology (metal vs snake BH, Spawn WS vs FWS, s3r9 vs rrr9, s3n vs g16, FF vs FC)

lel ppl quitting and you still thinking of what ppl call it ? FF or FC or FCC?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Im not really against another merge, however people should realize that another merge would probably kill the game faster than if they actually leave it as it is. People seem to forget but, at least from what I remember before the merge, the old Archosaur server which was considered by many one of the most small and dead servers had more people than what Etherblade had 7 or 8 months after the merge. What can I say about it now that it only have 3 large factions left + some small alt factions..

Also there is the problem of server stability, keep in mind that this game is crashing in a monthly and sometimes even weekly basis, imagine with all the 4 servers in one. :D

Still, I guess it would be fun to see.
  • moneyhess
    moneyhess Posts: 17 Arc User
    please no, i don't want to be on the same server with Joe
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    Would be nice to see a stone or something that would alllow a player to move to another server with all your gear and achievments would make things more intresting, as it is , it is the same ole same ole people, same factions would be nice to meet new people on different servers without starting over:)
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    LOL, I know, I know....Lets all quit and find a real life, with real people, and go get help for game addiction too! Blah, Blah, Blah....
    Or, just gradually cut game time until you leave, by gradually replacing game time with something in your real life that you enjoy. Find something else to do! After playing several years, I started feeling down when I got on game, I see same people, same problems with Perfect World to solve like in real life, same quests, same same same...lol! And I think you feel like its important to do these quests, make coins, ect ect. Gives us purpose right? I finally felt like I was wasting my time. I thought to myself, "Why am I still here wasting my precious time, feeling that I cannot get back?" So I gradually stopped playing game, doing things I used to do that I loved and found new avenues to explore and with more time to exercise for my health! It's like replacing what your doing now, with something else thats healthier for you, with your time. It is working for me too! Sometimes I pop on to see my toon and say hi to friends then I get off. It feels great to be in control. People are not perfect and its expected to fall back as you change, and just regroup. I think, if you get on the game when you really do not want to play, but you feel that "pull" to stay, and you play game anyway, could be sign. If you feel that pull to stay, you guys know what I am talking about! For me, I was avoiding real life issues and the game gave me an escape. The problem is, when you are avoiding something and play the game for hours, when you get off, the problems are still there! I realized the game is a diverson from doing something else I need to do. Have to question myself, "what I am avoiding atm?" lol. Everyone is different, and only you know why or maybe you are doing just fine and thats great or if you need help go get it! Time is precious and when its gone its gone. You can be rich, but cannot buy more precious time. Hope I didnt offend anyone. Tick Tock...Life is out there waiting.

"Isn't it ironic, we escape our lives by playing a game, and then have to escape the game to save our lives?"

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Time, the essence which gives life its meaning....
  • tabaloul
    who cares merge the goddamn servers​​
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    shapoopi wrote: »

remove all the X events :) XTW ? XNW ? why when you in 1 server you have TW and NW

xTW isnt TW though. If we want to keep Dragons Conquest, we`d have to do some funky stuff and I am doubtful PWE is remotely competent enough for that.
  • blazerboy
    tabaloul wrote: »
    who cares merge the goddamn servers​​

Which timezone then? Because EU time will kill this game and EST(prob best time) ping always suck >.<
  • tabaloul
    EST as time zone, servers can be anywhere i dont care​​
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    is it possible to have the server located lets say in London or Amsterdam or Lisbon, but run it in a different timezone? UTC-1 would be good, like in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verde

that would be the middle between east coast of america and western europe!
  • blazerboy
    edited July 2018
    is it possible to have the server located lets say in London or Amsterdam or Lisbon, but run it in a different timezone? UTC-1 would be good, like in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verde

that would be the middle between east coast of america and western europe!

So 2pm for west coast 5pm east (assuming it’s 8pm CVT) which again these are terrible hours for the NA because ppl are at work or just coming from work(possible traffic can delay these times for NA players too) which once again benefits the EU only....Not to mention the server location would be terrible ping for NA players then we have a repeat of what happened to DA many Americans quit and it slowly becomes barren. The 1 East cost server would suffer less yes but the 2 west would suffer greatly so unless I’m missing something in your logic this is still a bad suggestion. If you want a decent halfway point you may want to look at PDT Time as your reference for a halfway point not EST.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Calm down, they cant change timezone due to database issues. Only eu or nothing.
  • blazerboy
    Calm down, they cant change timezone due to database issues. Only eu or nothing.

If that’s the case I’m sure many would prefer no server merge then x.x