need a 2nd advice

Options
like the topic says ... until level85 my guild help me to get the gears in quicksand ...
when i ask them where i can get the next gear set they told me to get usubs then they will help me build one in TT ....

well i was more fokus in quests and level up ... meanwihle i am on level 95 can easy go higher because i have ton of quests to do ... meanwihle i start to get some usubs but when i had a look in the TT smith well this thing here is for example a level 99 wapson
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27817 ....

so all over when i will even make it to a +12 its not super strong in my eyes i need a full gear set over all around 450 - 500 usubs to build/buy in the relations to the time i need for them not realy useful because before i will get the realy good stuff (level100 gear) i hold the next gear set a while ^^

so question is whats the best gear set after quicksand 85er gear is it really TT?
for a level 100 psy what would be a good gear set or on which one i should look for(i already seen some realy nice weapson but the price i to high for me)/working for?

ps. i am a new player and don´t have super much cash

Comments

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    At 95 you get free gear from doing the morai questchain (helmet, top, legs, boots, wrist, weapon) and thats good enough till you get to 100. Even in your quicksand maze gear you'll be more than fine.
    At 100+, you'll want to go either g16 nirvana or R9. The stepping stone to g16 nirvana can be gold TT99 or gold Lunar, which is probably why your guild told you to aim for TT in the first place. That being said, TT99 gold is bound upon use so you'll have to train your tailor/blacksmith if you wear it. Personally I would advise go directly to g16 nirvana or at least g15 before wearing it, and just use your morai Lv95 gear in the meanwhile.
    R9 is the best endgame gear and doesnt require crafting or anything, but its very costly to get.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    First: You are a new player and you don't have super much cash. That's why you will never +12 any kind of weapon or gear. Don't even think about it.

Second: There is no need to manufacture Level 90 TT gear. All servers are overfilled with that kind of gear. Get cheap refined and sharded TT90 or Legendary armor and weapon. You will level way too fast, that's why you also skip level 95 morai gear.
    Quicksand and Morai gear got released way too late. It should have been released years before Hyper Stones. It was a stillbirth right at start.

Third:
    We get TT99 gear for free in Celestial Vale (Treasure Merchant Nosta/Bloody Battle Gear Pack).
    Focus on leveling up your tailor and blacksmith crafting skills (apo and craftsman are useless).
    Get nv mats (very cheap because of nw/xnw (nation wars) and manufacture nirvana 1st/2nd cast gear (you need TT99 gear to manufacture it).
    Go to Warsong and farm Basic Badges. Go for G16 gear ("nv3"). That will be your final gear and weapon (maybe you want a Warsong weapon later).

Fourth:
    You still have to get a decent belt, necklace, tome, rings, war avatars, engravings, star chart, shards, refinings, mount, flyer, fash and so on.
    Focus on the important stuff first, it's a long run.

Fifth:
    Don't sell Mirage Celestones. Don't waste Event Gold (e.g. for charms or fash). You will need thousands of those to refine for cheap/free. Don't waste the free Dragon Orbs ("Unique rewards"). Use them ONLY for your endgame weapon. Always check this site for codes to get free War Avatars and Event Gold.
    Post edited by tetraem007 on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello! I suggest that you keep your level 85 Quicksand Maze gear all the way up to level 100. The alternatives aren't really that much better, though you could try to farm the Morai Lv100 gear through Endless Universe. It can serve your needs for a while.

When you reach level 100 you can start doing BH100. You won't be able to do the Flowsilver Palace one, but the rest are easy to do even in your gear, especially since most level 100 players already have a decent gear set and will not really care about your gear. BH100 rewards will help you farm some coins. Mirages, Socket Stones and War Avatar Orders can be sold to catshops (other players) for some coins and Ecstasy Cards can be sold to the NPCs for coins.

After that point you will have the option to reawaken. I personally believe players should reawaken as soon as possible so they can gain access to what is basically the other half of the game. Though depending on how much coin you have, you might want to stick around at level 100 to get some coins from BH.

Reawakening turns your character level 1 again, but you keep all of your items, gear, cultivation etc. Don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds! Your EXP rate will be x4 so leveling back up to 100 will be faster. Plus you will have access to some new quests. For more detailed information please visit the page on the PWI gamepedia.

Admittedly, the mobs in the Primal World, which will open up after you reawaken, hurt quite a bit so it's possible you will need some help from your guild until you are level 100 again. In Primal World you can farm new skills, Boundary levels and a new type of gear called War Avatar Cards and Star Chart. Basically, gaining access to the Primal World will allow you to start farming new things that will make your character stronger. Most of those things are basically free, unless you want the PvP level cards and Star Chart, but I assume you're not really interested in that right now.

Now back to your armor; the standard free-to-play gear is Nirvana Grade 16 also known as Nirvana Tier 3. The path to Nirvana G16 starts with Lunar Glade or Twilight Temple. The Lunar path leads to trade-able (therefore can be sold in the future) gear but is more expensive. The Twilight Temple path leads to bound (cannot be sold) gear but is cheaper. The stats don't matter, the final result is the same for both paths.

I'll assume you will choose the Twilight Temple path so your progress should be something like this:

Weapon
    1. Twilight Temple Lv70 Green
    2. Twilight Temple Lv80 Green
    3. Twilight Temple Lv90 Green
    4. Twilight Temple Lv99 Gold
    5. Nirvana G13 (tier 1)
    6. Nirvana G15 (tier 2)
    7. Nirvana G16 (tier 3)

Armor
    1. Twilight Temple Lv90 Green
    2. Twilight Temple Lv99 Gold
    3. Nirvana G15 (tier 1)
    4. Nirvana G15 (tier 2)
    5. Nirvana G16 (tier 3)

For rings, cape, hat, necklace and belt you will need entirely different things but you can read some things on the Gear Progression page because I think this comment is already getting too long lol.

There is also the level 101 Morai gear which is exclusively for PvE, but it's great. It can also be recasted in Quicksand Maze, if I'm not mistaken, to become even better. Sadly, I don't have enough experience with it to help you because I've never farmed that gear set personally.
    ​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    tetraem007 wrote: »
    We get TT99 gear for free in Celestial Vale now (Treasure Merchant Nosta/Bloody Battle Gear Pack). Always check this site for codes to get free War Avatars and Event Gold.

These are good points that I forgot to mention. Sometimes we receive "Arc Codes" which give out EXP pills for free level 100 and gear packs for free Twilight Temple Lv99 gold gear. We usually get such codes as a gift for new expansions, new content updates or other big celebrations. Keep an eye out for that! Also, PWI's 10th anniversary is coming up this September and we should be getting something good for it.

​​
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    thank you all this will help alot
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    I suggest you quit while you can.

If this game doesnt release any further gear or advancements in the next year, you still won't be close to being competetive in any PvP aspects unless you drop a few thousnds dollars on it.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    I suggest you quit while you can.

If this game doesnt release any further gear or advancements in the next year, you still won't be close to being competetive in any PvP aspects unless you drop a few thousnds dollars on it.

i dont play pvp ... anywhere some ppl in worldchat say that on july 30 new gear should come dont know if its true or not
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    If you are stuck for coin it may acturaly be better to work on a Jolly char (or 2) to get some basic coin income per day, rather than just from bh 100 which is not a sure thing.

QSM is good enough for lvl 100 and is almost sameish as morai set, both which are stronge than tt90 or tt99

if you plan to go to the tt route for g16 then as a psy you need to go from tt60 though all the teirs up to tt99, then have 250 raps to get to the 2nd teir in g15. Before this point don't equip the wep, and even when hit g15 don't equip unless you know your guild will help you farm the molds + badges, or offer crafting service for you.

Even as a lvl 80+ you can go into a ws and get the mold if on a guild run it drops. Can also join a bh ws if there's spaces in a guild run too. Bear in mind you will need 60 badges. You can also do the same for gear molds which are the archangel set and int. hat.

For rings, cape, hat, necklace and belt should be a focus after you manage to get your full g16 set (ready or put on). Depending on your server hat and cape can be gotten via gold or from 100 lucky coins, as your not rb you cannot choose the 999 instance route.

For the Rings, neck and belt part. Neck you idealy want to have cube, and if you plan to only stay at g16 get the ws belt. The rings Stir cloud is ideal unless going r9, it is also possible to farm the r8 ring rather eaily via dfsp once you are reborn.
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Quick note -- You can't G15 the cape and hat any longer. They took that out in a recent "update." Those now require you to get G15 with 200 lucky coins each (about 72 mil game coin to buy these on TT server atm). This almost certainly means you should find some way to get coin and buy the G16 versions of the hat and cape from players -- if there are even any around. I've been noticing there doesn't seem to be a lot of gear available in cat shop or the commission shop any longer and this could become a problem for non-CS players.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    My advice would be to either try to save as much coin as you can and buy a complete g16 nirvana set for your class or get the Morai set for your class (order set, NOT the free one from quest) and reforge it into Penumbra g15 (or whatever the name is)

I would not try to forge the gear myself nowadays, this mainly due the fact that PW removed the Helms and capes from Nirvana.
    This means that if you make a TT99 or Lunar Helm/cape you can not reforget it into g15 anymore.

In general, I am not in favor of cashing in this game, specially considering how bad the company handles PWI and how Pay to win the game is now. However if you happen to be able to charge around 40 to 50 usd into this game, that could probably get you an entire g16 Nirvana set if you sell the gold to other players and use the coin to buy the set, this even with overpriced Helms and capes. At least on the server I play, I still see some people selling g16 (TT versión) parts for 28 to 35 mill coins each. The only expensive parts are Helm and cape, those I seen nowadays at prices that go from 50 mill to 100 mill each.

Now what you would have to do if you charge is wait till there is a key sale and sell the gold at overpriced value, something like 7 mill. 50 gold x 7 mill each would be 350 mill coin. Even if you spend alf of that on Helm and cape, you would still have more than 150 mill for the rest of the parts. If you manage to get the other 4 parts at 35 mill each, that would be 140 mill in total.
    Only problem left would be a weapon. In case of weapon if you dont have coin left you either save some coin and buy one, seen weapons on price range that go from 35 to 60 mill, or you can try to forge one yourself by runing warsong and geting a weapon mold from final boss, other option is buying the mold on ground from another squad.
    Keep in mind that I see this as someone that plays on Etherblade server, so Im not sure of the prices on gold and gear in the other servers. You can of course also just get those 350 - 400 mill by just farming something or doing jolly with an alt. Problem is that considering the state of the game, that may take you a lot of time if you dont have the means to do it.

As other people said before, another good path for a completly PVE person is the G15 Penumbra gear. Penumbra gear is actually pretty strong for PVE, and in some cases can even rival r9s3 gear in damage output against monsters and bosses. I guess the only exception would be for most of the Physical clases in which case r9 have zerk.

The good thing about penumbra is that you can actually farm it without being strong, You can just help low level people do Quicksand maze and get a quest in there to kill a miniboss, each time you do this miniboss quest, you will get a few of the mats needed to reforge morai order gear into penumbra. Only problem I see in farming and making this gear is that you will need a lot of patience and time to get it, this due the fact that you will need to do a lot of morai dailies to get the points in your order not only for the base gear but also for the item that you need to take the quest when you are helping people.