Force log

naruto1174
naruto1174 Posts: 24 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
Hello everyone mouse-1.gif

As you are probably aware, force log is no longer possible. It takes 10-15 minutes to be able to reconnect. This is a huge problem since you can lose hours because of this after multiple disconnects (you might need to start doing some instance from the begginning).

You do get a prompt to reconnect (if your client is still up... not the case if power goes down or pc crashes or,...), however, if you fail to reconnect once, it'll jut throw you to the login screen that you cannot use!

So, first of all, a request: please make force log possible again.

Secondly, is anyone aware of a bypass method for this?

And at last, but not least:
(An argument is a text command that you pass to a program when it launches, such as the popular "startbypatcher")
I have searched for a way to force-log and here's what I found out: when you press the "play" button, arc generates a token and passes it to launcher via arguments, launcher passes it onto the client and the client logs you in using your username and that token. If there's an argument that makes the client force-log, then force-log is currently possible. I have tried to guess it but with no luck, I suppose that there isn't one to start with, but if anyone knows anything, please share.

p.s. Please whoever plans this, please, if you are going to do some major change, think it trough, don't just throw it out without thinking. It's impossible to have faith in a company that constantly messes up :(​​
PWI Discord community creator

Click to join our PWI Discord server
26629123377_10d428deb8_o_d.png
Post edited by naruto1174 on
Tagged:

Comments

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    I always launch from the patcher. It launches Arc then arc disappears when the patcher is loaded. Press start and go.
  • naruto1174
    jadasia wrote: »
    I always launch from the patcher. It launches Arc then arc disappears when the patcher is loaded. Press start and go.

I'm talking about force-log, not normal login. Force-log disconnects whoever is connected to the account at the moment and kids you in. When you get dc, the server doesn't disconnect your character from the server but your PC isn't connected anymore. This makes you unable to access your account, making you wait 10-15min for your account to be accessible again.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    This is probably the biggest issue atm :(
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jacenty#4580
    jacenty#4580 Posts: 19 Arc User
    I got only one question . How long we can wait you repair this force log. Coz now if yours conection brake and you get DC Arc dont let you log in again for 20 min. Its 4th or 5th maintance and we still must wait 20min evry dc.This is a specialy anoying when you do something in big sq (like dup or ddh) then whole sq wait for one persone 20 min. I will be glad for some anwser when it will be fixed.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I think there is a way how to bypass this issue and enable force log. But I'm not sure because I don't know how to cause this issue manually. Character is going offline instantly if I'm trying to make disconnect.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    If you wait the client will see you have gone offline and offer for you to reconnect.

Shutting the client does cause issues.

Thanks.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    And while we try to log back in game after 20ish minutes, at the cost of our friends time in squad, all the bots are returning to the game. All of them. Slowly cirvumventing the solution. :)
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • heerohex#3018
    edited April 2018
    If the info of waiting an extra 60~ (However long) seconds so the Client gets the DC and will reconnect you is better than waiting 20 mins I think thats important. Rather than restating the client and being in the position of no being able to connect.

YES THO... this is something that needs to be addressed as its been pointed out their are other problems from this.

As for the other question their is no way to bypass arc now. No one has found anything yet at least. The code injection appears to be server side. If thats the odds it may not even be possible.

Thanks.​​
  • naruto1174
    edited April 2018
    Heero, I mentioned that in the post. You might have not closed the client intentionally. Due to power outage or PC crash for example. And if it fails once, you get no second chanche.

• heerohex#3018
    naruto1174 wrote: »
    Heero, I mentioned that in the post. You might have not closed the client intentionally. Due to power outage or PC crash for example. And if it fails once, you get no second chanche.

Yes, indeed and one of the reasons this needs to be addressed. Along with other reasons. Their is a reason this was built into the game as many will agree.

We also did a breakdown of this for the PWE team tho we have not had direct feedback. I have no issue with this being raised until it's fixed or resolved as it needs to be as well.

Thanks.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    I heard a story about someone who had their account '****' today. The owner literally got to sit and watch as someone stripped his gear and drop all his items. Too bad he couldn't force log his own account.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited April 2018
    happyhail wrote: »
    I heard a story about someone who had their account '****' today. The owner literally got to sit and watch as someone stripped his gear and drop all his items. Too bad he couldn't force log his own account.

They need to contact Support ASAP.

If the account is not accessible use the email in my signature with them stating reason for contact in subject. Account name etc.

Thanks.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »

They need to contact Support ASAP.

If the account is not accessible use the email in my signature with them stating reason for contact in subject. Account name etc.

Thanks.

thats not his point, the point is that you can not log your account if someone else logged it. so much for the security measurements.
  • naruto1174
    Ok... please create another thread for that issue if you wish. Account stealing is not a topic to be discussed here as it leads to a very different conversation.

For this thread, please assume that no one, other than it's original owner, has access to the accounts.

• heerohex#3018
    The topic was revelant to the thread in ways. As it's was info on the force log point. Tho yes as well.

Thanks.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    I have 4 people waiting for me and i have no way to reach them and tell them im disconnected for most likely the next 20 minutes! WHAT THE **** IS SO HARD TO MAKE THIS WORK AGAIN FIX YOUR FACKING GAME PWI OR GO TO HELL

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    AND THE WORST OF IT THOSE 4 PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY WAIT AND WASTE 20 MINUTES OF THEIR LIFE
  • bakiluak
    bakiluak Posts: 9 Arc User
    seriously pwi need to activate Force Log in. when we got DC we cant logged back in to the game immidiately.. this is SUCKS ! your new systems are so bothering. dont change something that u already make, unless it can bring a better conditions.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    This waiting 10-15minute to log back in the game is B.S.!! Fix this already! You've had month now to fix so we can log back in after we dissconnect, what is the hold up? If you can't fix it then put stuff back the way it was! I don't know why you guys mess with thing to start with! Yeah I am not happy at all!
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    This game ever care? this been going on for months and they just ignore it.
    x9YPRak.jpg

• gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I agree. People are getting burned constantly from not being able to force log after a dc. It's gotten beyond absurd. But oh boy, they seem to do everything in their power to ensure a cash flow, by ripping off people with their over priced intellectual property. Jerks...
  • rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    Come on guys and gals.. it's been how many months now? "We promise to make this work....." :s
  • rawrkit
    rawrkit Posts: 28 Arc User
    I dc'd in the middle of Thursday Night Fights....... and because we can no longer force log I was not able to get back in before it ended.... For **** sakes..... this and approved multiclienting was promised to be fixed months ago.... but instead we it's forgotten like so many other problems.... Is any progress being made on either front?
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User
    I don't think they have any intention on fixing this problem.. I notice now if i happen to dc i just dont even bother to try log back to game any more.. What so screwed up about it is trying to form a squad for over a hour,finally get a squad to form to only have some one get the **** dc.. But i guess when you don't play the game to see how annoying it is no need to check for it to try correct it,unless it's affecting your gameplay
  • bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    can't they edit main client to make all connection as forced so each time you try to log in game just do a force log in . since the check box is still at main page on client just edit it and make it a way force log is always on ?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User

Making forced login is the most reasonable thing to do in this case. Sadly they seem to have no interest anymore to listen pretty much anything of what their players say. The sad thing about this whole problem is that fixing it is actually a reasonable request and not hard to do. Also the problem itself can affect anyone, even people near the servers with a good conection and computer, so the excuse that some people said in the past of being a problem only for the people too far away or the people with bad internet is not really valid.

Also to some of the people that said in the past that this was only problem for people with bad internet, bad computer, or too far away. Or the people that suggest to reboot the pc or reset the modem among other stuff:

This problem have no fix at the player's end. Sure it is true that a person with bad net/computer or in another continent is more likely to have it. However you could be using a super computer with fiber-optic connection and living 3 blocks from their datacenter, but if your computer crash or if you have a blackout at your house and the server doesn't notice your disconnection it will not let you login as long as either the server realize that you dcd and finish your session or your client tells the server:
    "- Hey I got disconnected, let me login again." And of course the only way to let the server know in this case is with a forced login.
    So no, reseting modem or rebooting pc will not help in anyway, after all it is the server the one that decides if you login, not your modem or router.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    only if the system detects the same IP address at DC matches the IP with the auto-force login would I support it. Otherwise anyone could log in as you from another IP and you would be screwed.

If IPs don't match then Arc should force a log out and make you manually log in again through Arc defender.