Huge lag and game freezing?

pao13elaiza
pao13elaiza Posts: 50 Arc User
Hello, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I did check but didn't find any mentions)... Since the last update on Wednesday I've been getting huge lag spikes and gaming freezing. The weird thing is that I'm usually dual-clienting and some times one toon is fine while the other is getting up to 25k ping. I am on Tideswell server...
I wanted to check if this is a server issue or maybe an update issue? Or it might just be me... But knowing my connection I don't think it's a problem on my end cause it's always been really stable.
Again sorry if there is already a thread mentioning this, I honestly didn't find something.

Cheers

Comments

• chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    It's not a server issue since I don't have any lag spikes etc. (playing on TS server and live in Europe) but think it's the connection itself. There is a forum post that explains some stuff about this.

edit (for message below): I also use to test the connection speed but that has nothing to do with connecting to the Tideswell server. The forum post I reffered to can be found here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1194404/traceroute-pinging-the-internet-and-you
    Post edited by chilpod on
  • pao13elaiza
    pao13elaiza Posts: 50 Arc User
    So noone else replied on this thread... A few people from EU that play on Tideswell have also mentioned having huge 10k+ ping... My connection seems to be fine whenever I do a speed test, so I really can't tell if it's a game issue or a connection on my end issue. :'( I never used to lag and now all of a sudden since last update I get 10k+ ping moments every day.
  • jyleelee
    jyleelee Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'm from UK and play on Tideswell server. Haven't had any lag spikes since the latest update.

Although after the Wonderland update, I did have massive lag spikes. My client would take forever to actually log into the game and afterwards, I would have intermittent freezing rendering me unable to do instances properly so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled a fresh copy and it fixed this problem.