New expansion released in PWCN (May 9th)

13»

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Did we realize the tome refines for Spirit? I would have guessed HP.
    You also get bonus stats at +3 +6 +9 and +12.
    ncw1uV6.png

Total benefit for a +12 refine is +525 spirit, +130 attack + 20 attack level, and +2535 more soulforce.

Also I can confirm the vitae / spirit table of the new boundary level is still accurate. And no new nuema levels.
    ​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yea spirit been mentioned! Though I didnt think of more soulforce at all, nice.
    I've been wondering if they were going to add new nuema levels, guess not. Thanks!
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    mars19 wrote: »
    You get this Star chart items for killing 10th boss in Icebound Underworld as new daily.

does that new dungeon also give chiv points? if yes, then i dont see any reason to run flowsilver anymore. rip astral energy 6.

Not giving chiv points, but seems 10th boss will be also new MBH instead of QSM.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    asterelle wrote: »
    ncw1uV6.png

Total benefit for a +12 refine is +525 spirit, +130 attack + 20 attack level, and +2535 more soulforce.

Also I can confirm the vitae / spirit table of the new boundary level is still accurate. And no new nuema levels.
    ​​

Pretty awesome weakening spirit even more bridges more gaps between ppl and RB NP ppl I’m excited. I have no issue with the Soulforce added but it’s random I always wish they did more with this stat
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • asterelle
    edited May 2018
    They added what looks like a really detailed instance guide that I'm sure most people will ignore.

It even has concept art and lets you share tips and upvote/downvote other peoples tips Reddit-style.

xprdrJf.gif
    ​​
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    ncw1uV6.png

​​

is it even worth still having raven stones?
  • n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    LoL, the day I see a tome +10 or greater, there will be a free gold and account giveaway.
    It will be goodbye forever PWI. I will make special use of that 'Del' key on my keyboard.
    This game has already wasted enough of my money and time.
    All I can say, is thank you PWI for the good times, but those days are over.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    so we have new boundary and no new skills\passives? that is weird​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    ncw1uV6.png

​​

is it even worth still having raven stones?

It was never worth it to have raven stones. The times of 1000-ish spirit are long gone. With the new boundery and the tome anyone will be at a basic 2400-ish spirit without cards/chart. Getting additional free spirit from lvl8+ glyphs, engraves and chart is fine, wasting a spot on ornaments (better use Genie/Sov) for spirit already is a waste, even today. Only very few classes have huge amounts of DEF/Att lvl to make spirit really worthwhile. You could argue, seeker and Psys are the classes that make the most out of spirit since they have both high def/att lvl. Sins too, kinda.

Welp, at least you have the chance to switch raven stones into Genie/Sovs in that update via the boutique agent as well. Not so bad I guess xD
    n3w1ds wrote: »
    LoL, the day I see a tome +10 or greater, there will be a free gold and account giveaway.
    It will be goodbye forever PWI. I will make special use of that 'Del' key on my keyboard.
    This game has already wasted enough of my money and time.
    All I can say, is thank you PWI for the good times, but those days are over.

That's still at least 6 months to go...so xDDD CHILLLLLL
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • asterelle
    edited May 2018
    Well in the new expansion I'd be able to hit around 4k spirit and 270 attack level.

Raven stones add 32 spirit so 4 of those would be 128 spirit. Marginal benefit of that is... (4000 + 1000+ 128)/(4000 + 1000) = 2.46% to survival and damage.

Genie stones add 2 attack level so 4 of those would be 278 attack level.
    Marginal benefit vs opponent with 0 def lev: 378 / 370 = 2.1% damage 0 survival
    Marginal benefit vs opponent with 70 def lev: 308 / 300 = 2.6% damage 0 survival
    Marginal benefit vs opponent with 150 def lev: 228 / 220 = 3.6% damage 0 survival

If you value survival and damage equally then that 2.46% bonus from raven is more like 4.92% which is clearly better. And Astral stones would work out to 3.8%. This is with NP and Devil stones though. I think the rule of thumb is if you're full +3 sharded go spirit still else use attack lev.

Maybe a more typical situation would be someone with 200 attack lev and 3k spirit vs an opponent with like 60 def lev? And choosing between 4 +25 spirit stones and 4 +2 attack lev stone?

Thats:
    Astral - 4100/4000 = 2.5% attack + 2.5% survival vs
    Genie - 248/240 = 3.3% attack + 0% survival

Even in that situation those Astral stones are looking pretty good...
    ​​
  • jumpkangaroo
    jumpkangaroo Posts: 2 Arc User
    when is the new expansion coming for us?
    its gonna be soon or in a few months?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    We'll get this expansion sometime in autumn. It usually takes 5-6 months for us to receive new expansions and content updates from China.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Well in the new expansion I'd be able to hit around 4k spirit and 270 attack level.

Raven stones add 32 spirit so 4 of those would be 128 spirit. Marginal benefit of that is... (4000 + 1000+ 128)/(4000 + 1000) = 2.46% to survival and damage.

Marginal benefit vs opponent with 70 def lev: 308 / 300 = 2.6% damage 0 survival
    Marginal benefit vs opponent with 150 def lev: 228 / 220 = 3.6% damage 0 survival

If you value survival and damage equally then that 2.46% bonus from raven is more like 4.92% which is clearly better. And Astral stones would work out to 3.8%. This is with NP and Devil stones though. I think the rule of thumb is if you're full +3 sharded go spirit still else use attack lev.

Maybe a more typical situation would be someone with 200 attack lev and 3k spirit vs an opponent with like 60 def lev? And choosing between 4 +25 spirit stones and 4 +2 attack lev stone?

Thats:

​​

All good and well, but don't forget that the survival-boost you get also depends on your def level and the enemy attack level.

The average gear, since most people are already jaded, is still 2k spirit, 140 attack level and 100 def level. If you then compare 2 of those ppl fighting each other and add 4 Sovs/4 genie stones instead of 8x Astral Stones then the one with Sovs/Genie Stones will have more damage and more defense over the one with the additional 200 spirit, after the update.

Spirit does kinda scale with the amount of attack level and def level you got..but if you barely have 140 att lvl vs 100 def lvl..spirit doesnt increase the damage nearly as much as adding additional attack level.

Aside of all those formulas...I have tested this many times. The formulas itself are just wrong. They don't work like this. Sure, I did not test with above 200 att lvl or def level, but with those average numbers and with 140 att, 100 def level, spirit is already nearly completely useless, unless you can get it for free or as an additional stat on your chart.

It's nice that spirit adds both damage and defense..but most classes mostly only need one or the other to shine.

When the first wave of people runs around with 80 def g17.5 weapons...welp, this might throw this off again but until then, I really cannot recommend spirit. Looks good in calcs and with the formula itself, but thats basically it.
  • asterelle
    Your post has 0 math in it and the math isn't even hard.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Your post has 0 math in it and the math isn't even hard.​​

I think what he’s saying is he can’t support something that has finite amount of effectivity.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    I am glad we are getting 1000 more spirit, since this stat has a diminisheed value. So the more spirit we have, the less difference it makes.

Now:

If person with 2000 spirit fights a person with 3000 spirit: (2000+1000)/(3000+1000) = 25% to atk/def

After update:

If person with 3000 spirit fights a person with 4000 spirit: (3000+1000)/(4000+1000) = 20% to atk/def

Simply said, spirit getting nerfed. GG to people who sharded their shet with spirit stones xD

Atk/def lvl stones or ornaments for the win :)

And go away with those stupid calculations, they wont win u a fight :)

• thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User

Thats:

​​

Your calculations are out off full context. Stop confusing people.

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    exactly what i needed, thanks asterelle :)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    When the first wave of people runs around with 80 def g17.5 weapons...welp, this might throw this off again but until then, I really cannot recommend spirit. Looks good in calcs and with the formula itself, but thats basically it.

This is probably one of the dumbest things you have ever written on these forums, which is saying a lot. Why? Because higher defense levels/lower attack levels would actually make genies shine a lot more. So in reality that wave of def level weps will actually make attack level shards likely better than spirit shards, even if I am too lazy to math that. The fact you dont realize this shows how hilariously clueless you are on these matters. Then again basing your sharding option on 5 players a year from now per server probably isnt the brightest idea.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    still why new boundary and no new skills\skills update\skill rebalancing

also i still didnt read of any new boundary on wanmei bulletin so idk i am still skeptical
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    tabaloul wrote: »
    still why new boundary and no new skills\skills update\skill rebalancing

also i still didnt read of any new boundary on wanmei bulletin so idk i am still skeptical

It's in the patch notes. Google translates it as "realm" (which might really be the PWCN term for it) but it's easy to figure it refers to the Boundary when you read it in context. Then I cross-referenced it with the content from the PWCN Facebook fanpage which has been a very reliable source of information in the past.

I also find it weird that we got no new passive skills and/or no skill re-balancing. However, looking at the quality of the past two expansions (this one and Wonderland), I speculate that PWCN is working on a big update again and they are just releasing these lackluster expansions to keep players occupied.

If you look at the Expansions page on the wiki which @obielle and I have been working on in order to document all updates in PWI, you will notice that between PWI Eclipse and PWI Neverfall we didn't have any major expansion.

Yeah, Elysium was "big" but the Homestead system is a revamped version of the old housing system that existed in PW since the beginning. Most Homestead item models (trees, rocks, statues, furniture etc.) are taken from existing in-game models. The developers simply updated some textures or added sparkles and glow effects. A lot of Homestead furniture models exist in Neverfall houses so they were either already working on Neverfall content back then or they likely planned to recycle these models from the beginning.

UP does not have the same quality as DH in terms of instance design. You literally just teleport to different rooms and kill bosses (though I much prefer how short UP is over how tedious DH can get). New weapons (G17) are probably not that hard to code into the game since they add a bunch of new weapons whenever they make new classes (except the Earthguard).

The Adventure Kingdom is nice but a lot of areas in it look to have been rushed in production. The new faction base is great, but it re-uses a Homestead building (Bamboo Garden) and other (sometimes re-textured) Homestead items. The trials use the same old maps and several trial mini-bosses and monsters are recycled models.

I suspect the Western Steppes map is already completed, but they are holding back to release it in parts just like they did with the Primal World in order to keep players occupied and give us something "new" while the developers are working on something big again. My guess is that they are working on one of the new areas (Northern Wastes, Eastern Isles or Southern Reaches).

* Lore wise, it makes sense to expand north because the Savagians play a big role in Neverfall's story and they are also part of the old Heaven's Tear map storyline. However, since Neverfall's story won't be completed for a while, they might choose to expand east or south for a completely new, unrelated story.

​​
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    They added what looks like a really detailed instance guide that I'm sure most people will ignore.

It even has concept art and lets you share tips and upvote/downvote other peoples tips Reddit-style.

xprdrJf.gif

Are there any instances it doesn't cover/ Does it cover trials? are the notes server based i.e. will dawnglory get tips from people that post on Tideswell etc.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >Posting 10mb+, way too long gifs on a **** board
    Why don't you just make a webm and post a link, holy **** talk about antiques

Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• asterelle
    BBCode does not support webm. Quit using dial up. normal-24.gif​​
  • htmlcoder
    htmlcoder Posts: 5 Arc User
    ^rekt
    photo-221867.gif
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Anyone have any stats on this npc that sells up mats and at what prices, as well as any mats it doesn't sell?