New expansion released in PWCN (May 9th)

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    ballenato wrote: »
    wishes08 wrote: »
    Any news concerning primal passives? as in any of the current max 5 ones go higher / new ones?

When there is a new boundary, there will be new passives.
    Or at least, that's how it has been. Hope they increase the critical damage passive, to nerf sins/dbs more '-'

They probably do...I just hope they do not increase all the Level 5 ones to Level 10..the amount of bloods needed...dear god xD then again, 5 more months to go at least so should be doable.

A lot of us scrapped bloods so please no

Got 400x Barbaric and 700x Primordial bloods on 5/7 chars...but on the sin for example..I used them for Transmutation xDD

I speak for the rest of us normal mortals.More passive!? Fine no bloods anymore please
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    the chinese announcement doesn't remotely talk about new boundary or new passives so idk why you guys talking about that​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    PWCN posted some information about tome refining. I've updated the first post with the information.

In order to refine tomes, you will need a new item. You can also use other refinement items such as dragon orbs and refine aids. There are also new types of refines aids. Their function is the same as the current refine aids and can be obtained from somewhere (new pack? instance drop? I don't know, but it mentions bags). Maybe we need to use these new types of refine aids for the tome and the old ones don't work. I don't know.
    ​​
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    PWCN posted some information about tome refining. I've updated the first post with the information.

In order to refine tomes, you will need a new item. You can also use other refinement items such as dragon orbs and refine aids. There are also new types of refines aids. Their function is the same as the current refine aids and can be obtained from somewhere (new pack? instance drop? I don't know, but it mentions bags). Maybe we need to use these new types of refine aids for the tome and the old ones don't work. I don't know.
    ​​

Ok so does that mean we have a choice to refine the tome: Either we use the old school dragon orbs or a new method that will be introduced solely for refining tomes? Thanks Wyvooo <3<3!

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

​​

Making money logic says new item, put in cash shop and squeeze out as much money possible still
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    stop...adding....stuff....to...this....game....when...your...daily....stuff...givessssss...soooo....litttllleeeeee.....

To be fair, the daily rewards of the current instances isn't that bad. DUP, JFSP, DDH..that's easily 20m+ in items every day (if you can use them), not too bad if you ask me :)
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    stop...adding....stuff....to...this....game....when...your...daily....stuff...givessssss...soooo....litttllleeeeee.....

To be fair, the daily rewards of the current instances isn't that bad. DUP, JFSP, DDH..that's easily 20m+ in items every day (if you can use them), not too bad if you ask me :)

I think he was referring to the vitae reward from daily quests and the addition of further sky levels.
  • kamo3
    kamo3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    20m a day is just a joke ... thats barely 4 gold ... 2 months to refine an item to +12 if you are lucky ...
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    kamo3 wrote: »
    20m a day is just a joke ... thats barely 4 gold ... 2 months to refine an item to +12 if you are lucky ...

Lol obviously you can't rely on quests only for a solid income....20M itself is massive compared to what quests gave back in the day.

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • blazerboy
    shopcheese wrote: »
    shopcheese wrote: »

Uhm i feel that trailer served no purpose thanks tho
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2018
    PWCN Patch Notes have been released.

I've updated the first post with the new information and restructured the list so make sure to check it out! I didn't see any mention of new skills or passives despite us getting getting a new Boundary level.

Some personal musings:

PW was originally meant to have 150 levels, but when Wanmei got their hands on the incomplete PW project and wanted to release it, they compressed levels 100-150 into 100-105. Naturally, players eventually reached the cap and leveling was put to a halt.

Once many/most players reached the level cap and were done farming/buying their gear they had "nothing" to do so Wanmei came up with the Boundary and Reawakening systems. As we know based on Asterelle's datamining, the game has been coded to support up to 10 Boundary levels and 10 Reawakenings.

I assume Wanmei realised Reawakening is kind of dumb so they limited it to 2, but they continued to release new Boundaries. Most of us thought this was over once the Primal World's story was completed and yet here we are. I think it's safe to assume we'll get a new Boundary level every time we unlock a new area in the Western Steppes and Boundary is a "replacement" of the old leveling system.

The Western Steppes has 4 locked areas, one of which opens in this PWCN expansion. This means we'll get at least 4 more Boundary levels leading us to 9 Boundaries. Then we might just get one more to finish Neverfall's story for good before moving to the next empire. At that point PWCN might figure out some new leveling system to keep players occupied.

This is just my personal speculation, but that's the direction I see the game going to.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • jsxshadow
    @catgirldesu Thank you for your efforts! Feel appriciated!

I assume you will post the changes to all rewards when they get known? Kinda curious xD
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2018
    I cannot translate the Boundary changes because I don't know the Chinese names for them and Google translates then in different, confusing ways. Someone with actual knowledge in Chinese would have to do it.

Stronghold Assault
    - Vitae was decreased from 550 to 500
    - The rest of the rewards remain unchanged

Search for Energy
    - Vitae was decreased from 550 to 500

Rescue the Raccoons
    - Vitae and rewards were not changed

Raccoon Alliance Pact
    - Vitae was increased from 550 to 650

Liu Soo's Plea
    - Vitae was increased from 750 to 1050
    - EXP was changed from 500,000 to 750,000

Heroic Warsong
    - Vitae was increased from 850 to 1050
    - EXP was changed from 500,000 to 750,000

Something in the Snow
    - EXP was changed from 500,000 to 850,000
    - Rewards Primordial Blood x2

Secret Princess
    - Vitae was increased from 1300 to 1400
    - EXP was changed from 500,000 to 850,000

This War o' Mine (Backpack)
    - Vitae was increased from 1800 to 2000
    - EXP was changed from 720,000 to 1,500,000

Homeland Renewal
    - Vitae was increased from 1800 to 1900
    - EXP was changed from 720,000 to 950,000
    - Rewards Primordial Blood x2

Sacred Unification (World Quest)
    - Vitae was increased from 2400 to 2500
    - EXP was changed from 1,200,000 to 1,800,000

FSJ / Belle Leun change sounds like they just combined two rewards so instead of having 4 choices now you have 3.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • jsxshadow

FSJ / Belle Leun change sounds like they just combined two rewards so instead of having 4 choices now you have 3.
    ​​

That part is interesting...since I don't think they give out packs for free..I assume they just add the fortification essences to the other rewards as well? I mean 48x Packs + 3x A-Packs would be awesome.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I was looking at some parts of the patch notes and...

Stronghold Assault, Search for Energy, Rescue the Raccoons it sounded like they changed the sky level requirements for them.

What goes for the FSJ rewards, look like a change to the reward with the star charts stuff. Couldnt really figure out exactly what have been changed. I actually understood it as that they removed the flowsilver coins from this one but not really sure. RIP, its the option I pick on my main, I hope Im wrong.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Saw I was summoned regarding the current Vitae rewards for Stronghold Assault and Search for Energy. They do currently give 550 Vitae. I think what I'm reading on the patch notes is that they reduced it to 500 Vitae after the patch, based on the way the other notes are phrased.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • catgirldesu
    Aye, fixed it.

I'm convinced they decreased the FSJ reward choices from 4 to 3, but whether they combined or removed rewards I don't know. Nothing surprises me anymore so whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

​​
  • jsxshadow
    Aye, fixed it.

I'm convinced they decreased the FSJ reward choices from 4 to 3, but whether they combined or removed rewards I don't know. Nothing surprises me anymore so whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

​​

Lol, like they wanna make Starchart stuff purely Cash-Hop based..that would be ridiculous...
  • blazerboy
    Aye, fixed it.

​​

Lol, like they wanna make Starchart stuff purely Cash-Hop based..that would be ridiculous...

Put starchart exp back in boutique please I’m tired of tower and faction trials \o/
  • shopcheese
    Aye, fixed it.

​​

Hopefully its star charts items added to them all then, rather than what i said earlier s:

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Updated my PWCN client. The login screen is the same, no new loading screens, no new skills. Lazy devs.

I noticed more stuff on the Adventure Kingdom NPC.

H9o8rld.gif

Looks like new fashion, another pet, more things to make with Turo Adventure Orders (maybe like those 'flowers' effects). I'm not sure what the other tabs are for though. Probably a new event.

EDIT: Yeah there are now only 3 choices for FSJ rewards:
    48 War Avatar Pack C + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*
    3 War Avatar Pack A + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*
    30 Fortifications Essence + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*

No more starchart items. (*It actually shows up as 108 shiny flowsilver coin for some reason... It shows up as 108 in pwdb too atm so I think it's really 8.)
    ​​
  • shopcheese
    Ah, all star chart items removed, not just part of it. RIP QQ

... damnit
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2018
    Well, okay then PWCN. egg-16.gif​​
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    You get this Star chart items for killing 10th boss in Icebound Underworld as new daily.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    mars19 wrote: »
    You get this Star chart items for killing 10th boss in Icebound Underworld as new daily.

does that new dungeon also give chiv points? if yes, then i dont see any reason to run flowsilver anymore. rip astral energy 6.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    is there new skills related to new boundary? and if yes how to get them (good to know if there is already existign items to start to collect)
  • catgirldesu
    @zoube So far I haven't found any mention or information that suggests we have new skills. Asterelle also said he didn't find any new skills in the PWCN client.
    ​​