New expansion released in PWCN (May 9th)

catgirldesu
catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Hello! I know I'm not one of the knowledgeable people regarding PWCN announcements and information, but since a lot of those knowledgeable people have stopped posting on the forums (or quit the game entirely) I wanted to bring this to the players' attention.
I used Google Translate so if someone can provide better, more reliable information please do so! But until then, here are the things I understood from the news post. Please take these with a grain of salt.

- PWCN announces a new expansion that goes live on May 9th
- PWCN Update Patch Notes
- PWCN Facebook fanpage (follow for screenshots of the new expansion)

1. A new area opens in the northeast part of the Western Steppes which was previously locked. There will be new dailies and historical phases in this area.

2. A new quest line will be added expanding Neverfall's story. It's related to the reappearance of Goodhill and other events that happen after we players killed Master Kafasha and the Changeling matriarch, Aida. The quest line will lead to the new area.

3. There will be a new Boundary level (like Shifting Sky, Twilight Sky).

4. There is a new way of obtaining Vitae by killing a special type of monsters called "Wandering Souls". Souls are located in the Primal World and the Western Steppes. The amount of Vitae you can gain from killing souls per day is limited.

5. Amount of Vitae required for the new Boundary level.
According to this thread the new boundary would be:

Vitae needed / Total spirit
252663 1335
277930 1387
305723 1440
336295 1494
369925 1549
406917 1605
447609 1662
492370 1720
541607 1779
595767 1839

A total spirit increase of 555 from Twilight sky Lv10 to New Sky Lv10.
From @shopcheese (based on @asterelle's table)

6. A new feature is added: refining tomes. You'll be able to refine your tome up to +12 and activate additional attack attributes based on the refinement level.

7. You cannot transfer armor/weapon refines to a tome. You can only transfer tome refines to another tome. Transferring refine level can only be done from bound tomes, and apparently the target tome you are transferring the refine to will become bound automatically.

8. In order to refine tomes, you will need a new item. You can also use other refinement items such as dragon orbs. There are new types of refines aids. Their function is the same as the current refine aids and can be obtained from somewhere (it mentions bags). Maybe we need to use these new types of refine aids for the tome and the old ones don't work. Source.

9. Stats and screenshots related to tome refining.
10021525318893317.png
Screenshot of the tome refining interface.
ncw1uV6.png

Total benefit for a +12 refine on the Emperor tome is +525 spirit, +130 attack + 20 attack level, and +2535 more Soulforce.
From @baseaddress, @obielle and @asterelle

10. After passing through a number of instances, a special NPC might appear that sells rare items. I assume you have to clear these instances and I also assume it's going to be instances like UP, DH etc. because we don't get updates on old instances anymore.

11. Vitae and EXP rewards from Primal World dailies have been changed. Boundary requirements seem to have been changed as well.
I cannot translate the Boundary changes because I don't know the Chinese names for them and Google translates then in different, confusing ways. Someone with actual knowledge in Chinese would have to do it.

Stronghold Assault
- Vitae was decreased from 550 to 500
- The rest of the rewards remain unchanged

Search for Energy
- Vitae was decreased from 550 to 500

Rescue the Raccoons
- Vitae and rewards were not changed

Raccoon Alliance Pact
- Vitae was increased from 550 to 650

Liu Soo's Plea
- Vitae was increased from 750 to 1050
- EXP was changed from 500,000 to 750,000

Heroic Warsong
- Vitae was increased from 850 to 1050
- EXP was changed from 500,000 to 750,000

Something in the Snow
- EXP was changed from 500,000 to 850,000
- Rewards Primordial Blood x2

Secret Princess
- Vitae was increased from 1300 to 1400
- EXP was changed from 500,000 to 850,000

This War o' Mine (Backpack)
- Vitae was increased from 1800 to 2000
- EXP was changed from 720,000 to 1,500,000

Homeland Renewal
- Vitae was increased from 1800 to 1900
- EXP was changed from 720,000 to 950,000
- Rewards Primordial Blood x2

Sacred Unification (World Quest)
- Vitae was increased from 2400 to 2500
- EXP was changed from 1,200,000 to 1,800,000

12. FSJ / Belle Leun rewards have been changed.
There are now only 3 choices for FSJ rewards:
48 War Avatar Pack C + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*
3 War Avatar Pack A + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*
30 Fortifications Essence + 8 Shiny Flowsilver Coin*

No more starchart items. (*It actually shows up as 108 shiny flowsilver coin for some reason... It shows up as 108 in pwdb too atm so I think it's really 8.)
From @asterelle

13. Miscellaneous changes:
- A daily quest for the final boss in the Icebound Underworld has been added (Star Chart rewards from FSJ were moved here).
- Two dailies were added in the Active Points system.
- Rewards for reaching level 5 and level 10 of the new Boundary have been added.
- The power of monsters in the Western Steppes has been reduced.
- After receiving a number of titles in the Adventure Kingdom, you can get 3 combined titles with additional stats.
- Something about being able to exchange ornament stones (?) for a different type. Maybe it's something like changing deities to jades etc.

14. PWCN Boutique update:
- Gift boxes with items for refining tomes
- Items for refining tomes
- Non-consumable transfer runes (don't jump to conclusions with this one; likely a translation issue)​​
Post edited by catgirldesu on

Comments

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    faster dragon rushes, exactly what we needed.
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    i really hope that isn't 119 dex, Sins don't exactly need more damage and crit lol. On other hands, gonna assume that dragon orbs will work on those tomes, if don't, well, time to see if my tienkang game still good.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Something extra: Transferring refine level can only be done from bound tomes, and apparently the target tome you are transferring the refine to will become bound automatically.

Sounds like a sneaky way to make people bind their tomes so they have to get a new one if they want a tome for their alts lol. I hope this doesn't mean you need to bind your tome in order to refine it. Though like I said, take everything with a grain of salt until someone with better knowledge can give us more information.

​​
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Spirit + Additional stats:
    *deleted. Not accurate, sry*
    Post edited by baseaddress on
  • berrynl
    berrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    When will PWE as a company understand that adding more damage and more offensive stats will only make it worse. If they wish to do anything, make the refine add a damage reduction of some kind, capped at a 20-25% damage reduction from all damage sources.

And while they're add it, just simply cut all damage output (both PvE and PvP) for all classes by a stuck % amount, same way how damage in PvP gets a reduction when compared to PvE. If the total damage output would be cut by a significant % we'd be well on our way to solve both the PvE problem (objectives die too fast) as well as the PvP problem (that you can literally one shot someone else on equal gear levels, this shouldn't be a thing in any competitive game).

But this won't happen, because the game does well in China and the International version is just a wasteland.

Thanks for sharing, Wyvelin.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Not really good at translating, so not really sure what it actually says to the right but can definitely say it doesn't say Dexterity so you don't have to worry too much there I think. According to my phone it just translates to "This level" so not sure what it's meant to mean stat-wise.

Below it, the section is called "Extra Activation" and has stat increases which when translated I think says:
    • Physical Attack +50
    • Magic Attack +50
    • Physical Attack +80
    • Magic Attack +80
    • Attack Level +5
    • Attack Level +15

Again, I just translated using my phone so might not be the most accurate.

My phone can't translate much of the left side unfortunately, the item slots directly translate to "Illusion spectrum" and "special material".

EDIT: Oops seems I got ninjaed and didn't notice haha
    Post edited by obielle on
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    not more boundary :'(:'(:'(
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2018

252663 1335
    277930 1387
    305723 1440
    336295 1494
    369925 1549
    406917 1605
    447609 1662
    492370 1720
    541607 1779
    595767 1839

A total spirit increase of 555 from Twilight sky Lv10 to New Sky Lv10

Well, that is IF we get the new boundary lol.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »

252663 1335
    277930 1387
    305723 1440
    336295 1494
    369925 1549
    406917 1605
    447609 1662
    492370 1720
    541607 1779
    595767 1839

A total spirit increase of 555 from Twilight sky Lv10 to New Sky Lv10

Well, that is IF we get the new boundary lol.

If that's accurate I hope they seriously buff vitae from quests or give new quests with a ton of vitae or else that'll take forever
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    More spirit.... making that stat less and less effective. . . .
  • exsel123
    exsel123 Posts: 21 Arc User
    prepare your wallets :D10021525318893317.png
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    Oh fantastic! More imbalance, money grubbing schemes, and more **** to take what little fun is left in this game. Do we get any Vasoline with this, or just taking it dry like always? :#
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Lmfao G-G for ppl screaming spirit stones!!! Can we get a confirmation if it’s +5 attack level and +15 def level? Please let it not be def level as much as I like defense don’t give seekers more ways to diminish us further into the negative def level stat so we get 1 shot harder by endgame sins ._.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    Something extra: Transferring refine level can only be done from bound tomes, and apparently the target tome you are transferring the refine to will become bound automatically.

Sounds like a sneaky way to make people bind their tomes so they have to get a new one if they want a tome for their alts lol. I hope this doesn't mean you need to bind your tome in order to refine it. Though like I said, take everything with a grain of salt until someone with better knowledge can give us more information.

​​

I see no issue here if to be 100% honest just don’t transfer the refines and start from scratch unless I’m misinterpreting what you’re trying to say here
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Lmfao G-G for ppl screaming spirit stones!!! Can we get a confirmation if it’s +5 attack level and +15 def level? Please let it not be def level as much as I like defense don’t give seekers more ways to diminish us further into the negative def level stat so we get 1 shot harder by endgame sins ._.

It's definitely attack level for both. In green it says 攻击等级 which translates to "Attack Level" and both stats say that. If it were defense level then it would say 防御等级 instead.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I feel like it would have made more sense to have our r9 belts made to be refineable than the tome :S ..... mouse-35.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ballenato
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I feel like it would have made more sense to have our r9 belts made to be refineable than the tome :S ..... mouse-35.gif​​

Agreed.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Dunno, i doubt they even know anymore that our version of r9 belt cant be refined.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have still 1-11* orbs (1x each) at my banker which I earned at spent events years ago (when there was still gold available in AH).

I have a R999 +11 wep, everything else is +8, helmet +10. I always saved the orbs because I thought there might be an obtainable better weapon around soon.

Are there any hints that HS weapons or CN R999 weapons (or any others) will be more easy to obtain in the future?

If not, I'll waste my orbs on my gear... (I don't have a LUAD/Emperor QQ)
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    20t1ahe.png

"Players can practice the Heavenly Mantra. After refining will increase the amount of gas. Gradually, the higher the wish after the refining. Refinement at the elders of the city"

4gs0hj.png

-First level of 100 rebirths - The realms of the military to reach the White Army - Imprisonment missions will open the new area Liu Huỳnh
    Huong- Real-world scene Thien Thap Thien contentment at NPC Hao Canh Quan Quan - Clowns will ascend forest landscape threads Ngu Thien Nhat About
    the same time period the task History opens Luc Human gender and West appear monsters, new Boss - Ngu Than du soul scene ...

realm task 1: Restoration lamb chop
    Condition: 2 transfer 100 tiers natural paradise.

Clowns ascending, lamb chops, more gas (and then diarrhea?).... I don't like where this is going.. XD XDDDDD

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @hawke1000 sounds like a bad 3 course meal. Gotta love translation. It's no wonder things can be bad at times.

Thanks @catgirldesu it's nice to see these and all.

Kinda happy now I brought a emp tome. You can see the reason for the bind tho. Bit harsh of a gear gap from what it reads tho.

Time will tell we are now 2 expansions behind PWCN aren't we?

Thanks.
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    What I'm still curious about is this new window we see with the Emperor Tome in it, it says we refine it at the elder - is it going to be the regular refining way? or will they add some more BS to it? (as if refining isn't already excruciatingly expensive).

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I just hope you don't need to bind your tome to refine it..that would be the last straw for me. If so then PWI can go eff itself. The trend to get new gear every, single time for every, single character is just stupid. Give me a tradeable CoM/WoA and I easily pay 10b+ for it, or even more. Then all my chars could grow and not just one QQ
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Any news concerning primal passives? as in any of the current max 5 ones go higher / new ones?
  • steelangel101
    steelangel101 Posts: 11 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I just hope you don't need to bind your tome to refine it..that would be the last straw for me. If so then PWI can go eff itself. The trend to get new gear every, single time for every, single character is just stupid. Give me a tradeable CoM/WoA and I easily pay 10b+ for it, or even more. Then all my chars could grow and not just one QQ
    Its called an account stash stone. You aren't supposed to be playing on more than 2 characters at a time anyway.

• ballenato
    wishes08 wrote: »
    Any news concerning primal passives? as in any of the current max 5 ones go higher / new ones?

When there is a new boundary, there will be new passives.
    Or at least, that's how it has been. Hope they increase the critical damage passive, to nerf sins/dbs more '-'
  • jsxshadow
    ballenato wrote: »

Or at least, that's how it has been. Hope they increase the critical damage passive, to nerf sins/dbs more '-'

They probably do...I just hope they do not increase all the Level 5 ones to Level 10..the amount of bloods needed...dear god xD then again, 5 more months to go at least so should be doable.
  • blazerboy

They probably do...I just hope they do not increase all the Level 5 ones to Level 10..the amount of bloods needed...dear god xD then again, 5 more months to go at least so should be doable.

A lot of us scrapped bloods so please no
  • jsxshadow
    blazerboy wrote: »

A lot of us scrapped bloods so please no

Got 400x Barbaric and 700x Primordial bloods on 5/7 chars...but on the sin for example..I used them for Transmutation xDD