Can you make arc detect games from another disk?

rieihdius
rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Support Desk
Here is the problem:
I had PWI and and few other games installed on one of my hard drives. Problem is that said hard drive is damaged. Today I got another drive and copied all data from damaged disk to a new one. I copied the whole arc folder to the new disk, but arc cant detect the games on the new location. So here is the question:
Is there a way to make arc detect the games on the new disk or I am forced to download more than 50 GB of data?
I tried repair arc, but did not work.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    You should be able to make Arc detect the games by going into the game folders and launching from there, as it'll prompt Arc to open and log you in if you're not already. So for example you could launch from C:\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe or wherever you have your PWI files located. I think this should apply to other games on Arc as well but I'm not entirely sure how their files are set up. Hopefully that helps.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    You should be able to make Arc detect the games by going into the game folders and launching from there, as it'll prompt Arc to open and log you in if you're not already. So for example you could launch from C:\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe or wherever you have your PWI files located. I think this should apply to other games on Arc as well but I'm not entirely sure how their files are set up. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the help. This worked for me with pwi, swordsman and stronghold kingdomn. Neverwinter and Forsaken world didnt work, but my net is really fast at this time, so it should not take too long to download those.
    I had a few others but I don't think I keep them since I don't play them too much anymore.