Archosaur Open Tournament Discussion.

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
Please use this thread to Ask questions or talk about the above.

Please Use this thread to SIGN UP.

For news post please Check Here.

Questions? Talk? Hopefully Answers and More HERE!.

Thanks.​​

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Hello! I have some questions. I don’t know where to post them so move them to a different thread if necessary but for now I will ask them here.

1. Will PWI GMs provide players with tournament-only gear?
    2. You mention players using third party programs will be disqualified. Does that include gaming mice and/or gaming keyboards?
    3. What happens if a player genuinely disconnects and is unable to log back on? As you know Arc doesn’t have a force log option anymore.
    4. Is there a rough estimate of what time the battles will take place?

I appreciate the initiative to bring us more events, but sadly if you allow players to use their own set of gear then there is little incentive to participate. There are players that vastly outgear others.

My second question is about gaming mice or keyboards which some players use and could technically be considered third party programs? For example, players can assign hotkeys to their gaming mice to swap weapons faster or to use certain skills/genies/apothecary faster instead of clicking the skill icons. It would be appreciated if you could clarify this.

Third question pertains to the current issue players face of having the force log option removed ever since Arc became compulsory. Even if Arc gives you the option to reconnect sometimes it fails and players have no other choice than to wait until the game server registers their account as offline. This can take 5 minutes or if you are unlucky, 20 minutes as some others have reported.

Lastly, I understand that the event’s schedule is not decided yet but is there a rough estimate? Will it be during a similar time frame as our other cross server events?
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    are you our new CM, fero? congrats on the promotion!
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    I think for such an event you should give out rented gear to the participants. Leave them with their starchart and avatar cards. Reason being as someone said in a previous post r9 gear is the only gear that doesn't have a direct farming method, making it next to impossible for some players to obtain, therefore by balancing at least the gears, this competition will be a little bit more fun and we should see more numbers. You could have a 10m charge for rented gears. I think it's fair to say most people even nv3 people should be able to accumulate 10m for such an event.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    As there is still no thread for questions regarding this, I`ll ask one here too.

Is this actually cross server or in server event? There is no word bout it for one way or another(Unless I totally missed it by being blind) and its something, which will impact team compositions massively.

BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    There needs to be standard gear therefore 6v6 and +2 gem abusers(many of whom went from vit stone to +3 gems over a week) don’t have a massive advantage overall population not to mention career CSers(atleast half rb1 and rb2 NP). You can argue the CSers maybe because everyone has an equal opportunity(atleast when you take irl factor out) but the others were done completely out of intended purpose and imo it be just best if rented gear was used. If this doesn’t take place I agree with @catgirldesu this is a total waste of time...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    A few questions have been kinda answered in the news post.

Possible dates n times would be good tho.

Thanks.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    I just want to know what are the times for this tournament, how can I register a team if I don't know if they'll be free at that time? We do have real lives you know?:o

Mr. Justice
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    There wont be rented gears. If there were, it wouldn't make a difference, because gears aren't the only power gap in the game.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    only portal teams will sign up for this wait and see, inb4 **** like gene and goonz in same squad who is even gonna bother.... if it was 3v3 maybe u can take your chances (a big MAYBE) but 6v6? impossible​​
  • tabaloul
    Excuse me mr @pwfero , i appreciate the effort but, instead of making an event that unfortunately won't have a lot of success, why don't you fix cross server TNF?
    We were supposed to have that running over 1 year ago, we had been promised the release of the event multiple times but it never happened, this caused a huge gear gap and difference between what we have here and what is on original version of the game (huge lack of G17 weapons materials supply)
    In PWCH G17 weapons are widespread and gameplay is balanced upon that, in here G17 weapons are still pretty rare in their third recast form, and kinda unique in their fifth and final cast form (you can count the total amount of them prolly on the palm of two hands).
    This is not the game we are supposed to play, fix cross server TNF please.​​
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    1. Why don't we use the existing Colosseum for this?

2. Is it per server or cross server?

3. What will the battlefield be like? Will people have the ability to rez?
    m5arXCN.png
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    so kaly left or got kicked ?
    so whats this GM is trying to do another ARENA ? did he even know that we have arena already ?
    3v3 +2 reserve (isnt that arena 3v3 already lol )

Dude @pwfero if you just got here to replace Kaly you better merge all servers now else you and your game wont last long.
  • heerohex#3018
    shapoopi wrote: »
    so whats this GM is trying to do another ARENA ? did he even know that we have arena already ?

Dude @pwfero if you just got here to replace Kaly you better merge all servers now else you and your game wont last long.

Kalyst has not left but is having a Holiday I believe.

Thanks.​​
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    custom gear or we bring our own gear? this is really important to know! if its our own gear, then id like to pre-congrats Genesesia, Dragoonz, sugarmuffings, aemirah and ViiV! :)
    Post edited by splendideyes on
  • tabaloul
    yea she is having the @frankieraye @thenamesdomino type of holiday​​
  • prancing

The terminology is confusing, but as i understand it, the tournament will be 5 vs 5, with 2 additional reserves on the roster beyond the 5 normal combatants.
    m5arXCN.png
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Doesn’t CN have this tourny with rented gear? Assuming PWI doesn’t care to ask so Id like to pre congrats the winning team with the lowest gearing member is atleast half RB1 NP and the rest of us left to watch from the bench hopefully someone records so we can laugh at the attempt of such a fair contest :(
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    tabaloul wrote: »
    yea she is having the @frankieraye @thenamesdomino type of holiday​​

@surtr is on holiday with them too!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Why think alot on events... put a cross server map to pk and GG.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    I find it funny 0 teams have registered for the event, maybe it's because they're being dumb and not replying to our questions, how are we supposed to make teams if there are so many important questions to answer?

PWI at it's finest as always, good job.

Mr. Justice
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »
    I find it funny 0 teams have registered for the event, maybe it's because they're being dumb and not replying to our questions, how are we supposed to make teams if there are so many important questions to answer?

^pretty much this.

• tabaloul
    more likely portal teams are just waiting for noob\average teams to sign up, so the event will actually take place, then they sign up last moment, grab cheap wins and free items\rewards.

egg-2.gif guess i just busted the tiny chance this event had to be ran​​
  • prancing
    No need to be negative about an event pwi has before it actually takes place. In case you didn't know it, being negative is contagions and can have a negative impact on the event itself. imagine the person who will run it, looking at all your whiny and whingy posts!
    m5arXCN.png
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User

Kalyst has a new position at PWE as of March 2018 per her LinkedIn. Looks like it's a promotion/step up based on the title change too. Appears as though she still works with the PWI title primarily though.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    And the cycle continues of PWE CM **** continues, what happened to "no no it won't happen" @kalystconquerer#0876
    Also, for people who have questions, remember what they said, their main communication platform is facebook, not this forum, why are you asking questions here, go to facebook :^)

Makes you wonder why this forum even exists
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »

Go and check when was the last time the GM who posted about the Event checked PWI forums... you will know how much they care and how Pro PWI stuff is....lel
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    lol....this event is gonna be lit....... not...... hahahaha....
    gl to players still playing pwi
    getting around 3 months of not playing pwi now..... i think i overcame the worst. not missing the daily shenanigans getting 1 ajujuju . getting 0.0x improvement on my star chart and what not.... hey surprise. they gave out merit compensation to somehow appease the already pissed off community... hahaha not gonna work sorry. we are never gonna go back.,
    also we are not negative about it ... its just that if you add multiple negtives ...... its really just gonna be negative result as well so who's to blame? abandoning few years work takes a lot of effort than swiping the glorified cc.

getting to the topic aside im not even curious who's gonna win anymore lmao. we already know who's gonna win anyway. either that spoiled rich kid or that cc god i know. well cheers
    here 's a toast to a successful event pwi.
    and to the noobs who's gonna be food for the event ... ciao.D
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Its been a week and none of the questions have been answered. I didnt expect much but somebody spending literally 10mins of their work day to respond and tell how things are gonna work in order for us to make decision to participate or not to. This event was a nice idea but nobody caring enough to run it has made this a complete joke. The lack of **** given in this company is pretty obvious.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    I know I may sound negaive on this one but I never felt hyped about this event.
    The main reasons are:
    - Most of my friends quit this game so there is not much people for me to make a squad with.
    - While my gear is r9s3, I am not OP as your average casher, so is pretty obvious that someone like me would get 2 or 3 shoted in that event.
    - Most likely pwe will not care if the event is fair, this means that the winners will be the most overgeared people.
    - Looking back at how heavenfall event was handled years ago, I would not be surprised if this events end in a similar way.
    - Looking at coliseum well... same thing :D
    - there was a very similar event years ago and it ended up: OP people VS OP people, so no surprice there.

Still, best of luck for the ones that participate on it.

• tabaloul
    the only team that can prolly contest that GF team can be maybe a gorilla+fixxed+wivelin etch
    i mean genesesia can probably take his chances alone against any 6v6 team why even bother