What about a 1.3.6 Fresh Start server?

Options
a1029384756
a1029384756 Posts: 4 Arc User
So I have been talking to a lot of my old guild members from back when PWI launched. Many of them think having the old PWI available would be fun not just due to nostalgia. The pvp was amazing, the community was amazing, pve (dungeons/quests) you actually needed to social and group up with your friends or new players who then would become friends eventually. No games have this anymore. When you play a game that was released in the last five years it's all auto join and no communication, no fun! This would be amazing to bring new and old players back to the PWI community.
Tagged:

Comments

• mrfrans#1017
    mrfrans#1017 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    +1 Agreed
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    I remember and this sounds awesome!
  • ragefists
    ragefists Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    It's called a legacy server and yes, A LOT of people would like PWI to have one.
  • danilo#4237
    danilo#4237 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    ofc this is an idea will never happen, but is good
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Cant we just perma-ban all Stormbringers and Duskblades? Seems a lot easier than making a new server
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @dingo488 what's your prob with SBs and DBs? I rather we delete all sins...at least dbs and sbs are predictable as easy as pie..unlike crazy sin damage spikes.

@Topic: while 1.3.6 would sound like fun..many don't know how insanely imbalanced that version was..holy macaroni. At least as long as you include genies, the game will be 10x more broken than the current version. BMs, Barbs, Archer and even clerics dropping pdef to 0 or close to 0 to absolutely obliterate anyone...that's not fun. Not to mention wizards dominating anything with spark. If you dont have a pdef selfbuff in that version due to the lack of passive def increases..you just get destroyed quick, fast and in a hurry with no real counter.

Would be fun, sure, but PvP would suck even more.

Most balanced version would be fresh Primal, if you kick out Assassins completely or just don't allow them to learn Elimination and Cursed Jail. EZ. Oh and leave out war avatars as well, or cap them to max B Cards.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @dingo488 what's your prob with SBs and DBs? I rather we delete all sins...at least dbs and sbs are predictable as easy as pie..unlike crazy sin damage spikes.

Ok, we can delete sins too.

I hate SBs and DBs cuz they are uninteractive. They perma paralyze you, you can afk. They airglitch you, you can afk. Its boring to play against, especially if they are being played by some desperado. Vortex has made mass PvP extremely boring too because positioning and area play is suddenly so dumb and one-dimensional, just dogpile the closest ball of purple.

• a1029384756
    a1029384756 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

@Topic: while 1.3.6 would sound like fun..many don't know how insanely imbalanced that version was..holy macaroni. At least as long as you include genies, the game will be 10x more broken than the current version. BMs, Barbs, Archer and even clerics dropping pdef to 0 or close to 0 to absolutely obliterate anyone...that's not fun. Not to mention wizards dominating anything with spark. If you dont have a pdef selfbuff in that version due to the lack of passive def increases..you just get destroyed quick, fast and in a hurry with no real counter.

Would be fun, sure, but PvP would suck even more.

Most balanced version would be fresh Primal, if you kick out Assassins completely or just don't allow them to learn Elimination and Cursed Jail. EZ. Oh and leave out war avatars as well, or cap them to max B Cards.

Right but they could balance it. Primal was awful. The pvp would be amazing, the game would be amazing.