Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »
    The Console is useless with out the GM flag on your account with the exception of a few debug commands.

On thread. I know this is taking some time and PWE dont like to comment on this sorta thing. I just hope that they are taking the time to get this RIGHT first time for the playerbase.

They have told us this is temp so I just hope they get it right after the time it takes to get resolved.​​

Wrong as someone who likes to use two games one separate monitors not having access to the console is completely annoying. when you d_rendernofocus it stops that annoying and unnecessary screen freeze when you click off of the game. Also as someone who streams the game regularly is not great when i click off the game to change a song or to check out a webpage that my entire stream is at a freeze screen.

So no it isn't useless.

Yes my apologies I did mean that as part of debug but may be was not clear enough.

On a side note this is something we have asked for with arc. I compiled a list of user suggestions etc a few weeks ago. If it's listened to well.

Thanks.
  • stalecurdle
    stalecurdle Posts: 3 Arc User
    I mostly agree with you. Where I differ, I believe the issue is my own miscommunication. My apologies.

I wrote "maintain whales", what I should have written was "maintain enough CCUs to entertain the whales", you are absolutely correct. Thank you!

But now let's think about a company with an international audience for a bit. Asia is a large market! US numbers may be small, but you have to think globally.

I've heard rumors PWE has a stranglehold on the American gaming industry. Chinese corporations are essentially backed by the government. Lose Chinese game companies, lose the market share. Did you know PWE is branching out to the American movie industry?

Not too long ago another PWE title was dropped. I wish I remembered which title, but point is CCUs had been under seventy for well over a year, below fifty IIRC, and I remember steam charts final average for this title to be around twenty seven when it closed.

You are completely correct, the whales must have others to play with. Unfortunately, there are many factors at play here, and this market doesn't seem to be the highest priority. I'd guess that as long as the stateside shoestring budget is met by stateside whales, PWE has no qualms merely holding the door.
  • stalecurdle
    stalecurdle Posts: 3 Arc User
    Dub post for the dubya. Sorry, on mobile and can't edit. Also, I'm sorry for the odd response here, it's been a long week for me. Please, do excuse me. @eeepsilon BLR lost chat capabilities due to abusers like those you posted. Don't be surprised if chat vanishes randomly. @dagoddominator BLR went through that exact cycle three times with our CM, seems to be a pattern across titles, FW reports similar issues.
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Sadly I don't really see much of a solution to this whole problem. Sure PWE could bring normal login back or fix arc in a way that please a lot of people, but the damage has already been done.

All I can say is that the state not only of this game, but also of the whole gaming industry nowadays is kind of disgusting.
    However at same time, it is also true that a lot of the bad things that game companies do nowadays are the players fault.
    A lot of gamers nowadays are not only used to, but also pleased to be "legally scammed" by game companies.
    If we compare modern games to your average game from 12 - 15 years ago or even older ones, you will notice that most of the limitations on older games were hardware based, and most of time the finished product was pretty good.

Nowadays we have PC and consoles way more powerful than the ones at that time, but even so, most of the modern games are alf finished, full of glitches, and even worse: they sell you the other alf of the game as dlc for even more than what the full game cost.
    - In the past a company had to pay people in order to test a game for them to launch a full product. Now people pay the company in the form of "founder pack" or "early access" in order to test the game for them.
    - In the past you would buy a game, and said game had multiple endings, characters, extra missions, extra bosses, etc, etc, etc. Nowadays the game is just the basic history and everything else is dlc that cost more $$$$.

And what is more funny about this whole thing is that a lot of people defend this ***** and shady business practices. Many people say stuff like: "Is my money and I use it as I want" or "It is a job for them and they need to earn for a living blabla"

Reality is that if someone goes to buy a $ 400000 sport car, let's say a Lamborghini or something like that. And after buying the car, the person get only the chassis, with a defective engine, no seats, no radio and a lot of other bad stuff. That customer would be really mad about it and will definitely call the seller a scammer. Imagine how much rage that customer would feel if the seller also tell him: you can get the radio, but paying extra $$$$.

Now I know that a car is something tangible and can not be compared with software, still that does not change the fact that your average contemporary gamer seems to love to be screwed by their favorite videogame companies.

Now you may wonder how the heck is all what this guy said related to PWI.
    The answer is simple:
    If most AAA game companies **** their customers nowadays even on single player not online games. It should not be surprising at all that pwe focus now only on their whales and tries to milk them as much as they can before the end, specially considering that a lot of those whales will keep dumping thousands of $$$$ on keys/packs and other stuff.
    This company as many others, already got used to depend only on their big spenders and pretty much all other people are irrelevant for them. So yeah big part of the problem is not the company itself but the people that love to waste their money on garbage.

Now don't take this as QQ or rage of any sort, it is what it is and as I said before there is not much that we can do about it.
    The reason why I say it is cause from my point of view: the only thing that could shake a company like this, would be something that affect directly and in really short term their capacity to earn money from their players. And by the reaction we got so far, it seems to me that this is not the case. I can asure you that if the whole arc stuff was instead something like inability of its customers to charge $$$, they would immediately fix the isue even with chinese holidays...
    Fantastic post, very well put, thank you!
  • mrfrans#1017
    mrfrans#1017 Posts: 9 Arc User
    When will you return ARC Quest? :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • nightwraithz
    nightwraithz Posts: 3 Arc User
    So, uh....not going to read 25 pages of people whining, so I'll just ask:

Is multi-clienting still disabled?
    My roommate suddenly decided she wanted to dual box a healer with her main character.
  • nonam721
    nonam721 Posts: 7 Arc User
    You can still multi client. Just open ARC load PWI. End ARC through Task Manager ( Ctrl Alt Del ). Open up your other toon ARC and PWI.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Still waiting on the return of the beloved debug console - you have no idea how many times I get into a zone thats a bit too dark and instinctively go to type the command to change the light cycle and notice OH ... Still waiting on that temporary thread darnit... Still here holding out < monkey-20.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    Its nearly two months now and we still didnt get any news about a possible fix ... to me it seems they sit it out just the way they did for so many other issues. If they at least would stop to force players to use arc ... but as Michael once said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXaJroXK-64
  • cptscarletheart#8856
    cptscarletheart#8856 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I hope this comes back sooner rather than later. With this whole fiasco, a friend of mine is unable to access her main toon. While we both have used the arc program to launch our games, we both have had problems with this. The one I have is that my network is generally not the most stable and I disconnect a lot and over half the time am unable to reconnect. So I have to wait for the server to realize that my toon is clientless and boot it off. I would like to be able to log in through the in client log in screen, _like any other game that uses a client allows._ Her problem is that her identity was stolen from a trojan on her computer so she had to literally replace everything. Her email has two step verification as well, but she got a new number when she got off her parent's phone plan. That wasn't a problem until the new computer. She couldn't access her email for the code. She has new CC numbers and shred the previous, unable to find the old ones she used. Her IP constantly changes because she uses her phone's hotspot. Due to all of this, she wasn't able to recover her account at all. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED!? It has been two months and absolutely no word from PWI about this. They said it was temporary, but last I checked, temporary doesn't last long. Soon it's going to be a whole quarter of a year. And that's a pretty long time. When are we at least going to get answers? An ETA? Something to prove to the playerbase that PWE really does care for its clientele?

Edit: Keep in mind, we also kept arc open while we played.
  • tek1nig
    laylay wrote: »
    Its nearly two months now and we still didnt get any news about a possible fix ... to me it seems they sit it out just the way they did for so many other issues. If they at least would stop to force players to use arc ... but as Michael once said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXaJroXK-64

Brotherman This moved me monkey-14.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    In the meantime, Mail bots are back.

Or were they never gone?
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    In the mean time.....those of us who have ONLY ONE (1) alt..should be able to play both one main and 1 alt. Its been months since the word , "temporary" was used on banning all alts. We have a right to know what is going on and not just talk about a "mysterious bad person" causing ARC problems. If this is true, why not just ban the people playing Jolly Jones playing multi alts and otheres with several alts. And allow ONE (1) alt players do their thing?
    Unless you have another reason to take so much away form us. And why do you choose to ignore people in these forums?
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Why no just off with JoJ and make quest rewards better to people enjoy game and no need make a game one more stress source worrying with farm? :#

Coin flux is so high and causing inflation? Make a new guide in boutique to people buy things using their coins and no need pass for gold transations. Also a good coin sink, no?

2 months and still waiting a word about mysterious culprit. Still sad in lose this game.

Read some people arguing about that called "arc quests" gone. At least in one thing PWI is right. Now down JoJ.

• glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    "Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew"

When are Chinese returning from theyr new year holiday? Its allmost summer...
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    woot.. they opened this thread again.... with no reply from cm/ or whateva you can call them... meanwhile my ticket still there somewhere. idk im tired of replying to the robot support. i just hope mod won't reply here saying it will be fix SOON.
    april 6, 2018, finally joined another mmo with almost the same mechanics as pwi....funny... only on android.. my friends already almost max level on 2 months playing there.. i dont think i will stick to it but.. that game will do. l2r. surprisingly that game is quite populated. ... no packs....another change of scenery for me.
    im giving the support 1 week to recover my merchant account... funny how i used the same cc on all my toons and somehow... the account that all the money i have along with tons of stuff got wrecked...
    while the others are ok. i didnt do the arena exploit. i only did the multi up/dh with 5 of my toons... and none of them got wrecked.... hahaha lucky me...
    my friends see you in l2r
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    glay4fun wrote: »
    It seems, they went on the booze
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Sadly a lot of us knew this would not be an overnight fix. Gotta be tested and done right first time or it gonna fail. Seam to be repeating my self here ... Time will tell ay.

I'm sure it's being worked on as it's affecting all Arc games in some format. Tho I was hoping by now to have a time scale or info.

Thanks.
  • sgt0331
    sgt0331 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Spam bot is back, just newly create a character and log on for the first time and bam already got email for cheap coins as soon as I log in. As if they monitor my char creation screen
  • nerdhouse#6184
    nerdhouse#6184 Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2018
    > @nonam721 said:
    > You can still multi client. Just open ARC load PWI. End ARC through Task Manager ( Ctrl Alt Del ). Open up your other toon ARC and PWI.

Both clients cannot get past the login stage. Just sits on "Logging in" for a few minutes then disconnects.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Both clients cannot get past the login stage. Just sits on "Logging in" for a few minutes then disconnects.

This happens when you are not using the client downloaded from Arc and starting the Arc PWI client from Arc. If you have Steam client version starting it from Arc does not allow you to log in. It must be the Arc version of the client.​​
  • nerdhouse#6184
    nerdhouse#6184 Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2018
    > @phantomforce#4598 said:
    > nerdhouse nerdhouse#6184
    >
    > wrote: »
    >
    > Both clients cannot get past the login stage. Just sits on "Logging in" for a few minutes then disconnects.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This happens when you are not using the client downloaded from Arc and starting the Arc PWI client from Arc. If you have Steam client version starting it from Arc does not allow you to log in. It must be the Arc version of the client.​​

I am using the Arc version. This only happens when trying to multi-client. When she logs in her 1 character it works fine, but when we try to do both (even 1 before the other) one or both freeze there.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Maybe there was never an abuse..

Maybe the investors just want to know the REAL amount of players which are still playing those games
    (and I'd bet you can calculate it more precisely if people don't log with multiple accounts at the same time).

The big players in the background are not that interested in earning money anymore (they could buy the whole world multiple times anyway). Since the era of bush/obama/post-bush-obama they focus on our data (plus they want us to stay poor ofc).
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    glay4fun wrote: »
    "Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew"

mayby in 2019 lol
  • jacenty#4580
    jacenty#4580 Posts: 19 Arc User
    How long wont be able to log in again afther dc ? Its so anoying when you do trials or tw or another instans and you get dc and you must wait 15min to log in again, and ofc its not only you wait but whole sq must wait for you. Comon its joke you say its temporary but it take 3 weeks and nothing change.
  • opshrooms#2772
    opshrooms#2772 Posts: 14 Arc User
    xvenorx wrote: »
    How long wont be able to log in again afther dc ? Its so anoying when you do trials or tw or another instans and you get dc and you must wait 15min to log in again, and ofc its not only you wait but whole sq must wait for you. Comon its joke you say its temporary but it take 3 weeks and nothing change.

3 weeks? hate to break it to you but its been 2 months now xDDDDD
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    When can we have our 1 alt online with our main character? It is Now April 9, 2018..and month since you said a mysterious person (s), was putting us all in danger. ???
  • rayla#5416
    rayla#5416 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Seems to me there's still some "string em along as long as we can and hope they just forget" going on. What with promo codes being thrown at us and still no response from HQ. Was there really anything to fear in the first place. Now even trying to open a second client just closes everything out, arc included. Ya'll sure are good at keeping everybody in the dark on this matter. If this is the way it's going to be then just say it so I can stop wasting my time peeking in on the forums and go find another game already.
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2018
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Any update as of yet? I did a quick check and the observed holidays in china are the following:

16 Feb Chinese Lunar New Year's Day
    17 Feb Second day of Chinese Lunar New Year
    19 Feb Fourth day of Chinese Lunar New Year
    20 Feb Saturday of that New Year
    21 Feb Sunday of that New Year

As this shows the developers "if they even know about this issuemouse-6.gif" have had 1 month and a half to work on this.

Our multi clienting, debug console, and force logging abilities have been disabled for 2 months as of Yesterday.

We desperately require an update to this issue. Its impacts are far reaching. I'm not certain what side is causing the delay but I think its time this be addressed as a major priority as its clearly being put on the back burner.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg