Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    The Console is useless with out the GM flag on your account with the exception of a few debug commands.

On thread. I know this is taking some time and PWE dont like to comment on this sorta thing. I just hope that they are taking the time to get this RIGHT first time for the playerbase.

They have told us this is temp so I just hope they get it right after the time it takes to get resolved.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Sometimes you need a break.

If recent event have got you down, but you like the game take a break. I know we have a few red flags flying at the moment but im sure the team is working behind the wall to sort out some of the problems. At least I hope.

Check things out in a few weeks and see if you feel any different. May be some of the problems will be fixed.

Thanks.​​
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    FACT: If you're actually connecting to a server near you, and don't have **** internet, you'll get a pop-up in-game when you DC. Clicking the re-log button force logs you back in.
    If you're not playing on a server that's actually in your region, or you have **** internet, stop playing. You're just guaranteeing your own frustration. Basically you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Yeah, Harshlands. Stop playing the game completely! What are you even thinking trying to play after being forced onto a European server?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    In other exciting news :/ :

After PWI multiclient kill and forced arc on players. PWE still can't get rid of bots...
    kmWmfgA.jpg

Note that this screenshot was edited in order to not violate forum rules but you can login to Etherblade server now and see the bot spaming WC like nothing...

So while I am aware that CM said this whole arc thing was not about bots, still we can see that they can't get rid of them with arc. An I would not be surprised if the people that was the cause behind all this are capable of bypass arc, after all this bot seems to be doing this.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »
    Fact: arc makes it a real problem if you dc, as there's a fair chance you'll not be able to log back for several minutes at least,
    perhaps longer. The length of time it takes seems to be a matter of luck.
    FACT: If you're actually connecting to a server near you, and don't have **** internet, you'll get a pop-up in-game when you DC. Clicking the re-log button force logs you back in.
    If you're not playing on a server that's actually in your region, or you have **** internet, stop playing. You're just guaranteeing your own frustration. Basically you're shooting yourself in the foot. I don't know why nobody gets the fact that the internet is not some magical connection. If you're trying to connect to California from Germany you are going to have some issues. If your average ping is over 150ms, go somewhere else.
    Just 2 things:
    1. Ppl from Harshlands on EU server
    2. US server for cross-server events.
    Lol, you are offering stop playing for a half part of community due to "you're not playing on a server that's actually in your region" IMAO

• irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    Tideswell is getting those bots too. So far I have seen two.
  • heerohex#3018
    heero200 wrote: »
    Support are already aware of this issue.

But please report them to support as well attaching a SS of the WC. Listing Their Name and Server.

Thanks.
    Please remember that buying gold from any other site than PWE/Arcgames.com has added risk to your account. PWE also have been known to ban account where this has happened.

More info can be found here and Here.

Keep your account Safe.

Thanks.
    ​​
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    so basically, the only thing all these emergency, poorly planned(if planned at all) and implemented, measures have only achieved the goal of pushing people AWAY from the game and making normal play in the game miserable. even more surprising how easily people buy the loads of **** they are serving.

and to reiterate from another post, this is history repeating itself:

My point was, this is how it always went with our "CM's".
    1. We get a (new) CM
    2. CM seems dedicated to his/her work and doing it properly
    3. Actually manages to do some things for the community
    4. Slowly, but gradually, less and less communication
    5. Gets different assignments
    6. NO NO IM STILL HERE DONT WORRY
    7. Leaves
    8. Go to step 1 after 3 months+ without CM

and after all of that not much will be fixed, if anything and this game will set a new low record for active players.
  • taliban#3445
    taliban#3445 Posts: 37 Arc User
    ok i am pissed to the brim.
    in the middle of my farming i got dced,but when i am about to make it log back in it send me back to starter page. So im like ok..ill close the client and reopen via arc...i did that and it says my toon is already loged in..so answer this..HOW CAN I FORCE LOG OUT MY TOON SO I CAN LOG BACK IN!
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    so basically, the only thing all these emergency, poorly planned(if planned at all) and implemented, measures have only achieved the goal of pushing people AWAY from the game and making normal play in the game miserable. even more surprising how easily people buy the loads of **** they are serving.

and to reiterate from another post, this is history repeating itself:

My point was, this is how it always went with our "CM's".
    1. We get a (new) CM
    2. CM seems dedicated to his/her work and doing it properly
    3. Actually manages to do some things for the community
    4. Slowly, but gradually, less and less communication
    5. Gets different assignments
    6. NO NO IM STILL HERE DONT WORRY
    7. Leaves
    8. Go to step 1 after 3 months+ without CM

and after all of that not much will be fixed, if anything and this game will set a new low record for active players.

If you want to be updated with the status I suggest making a ticket because it seems management level GM's are responding there which is why I am waiting patiently because at least they were able to give a timeframe "rough" for the suspension of multi-clienting.
    ok i am pissed to the brim.
    in the middle of my farming i got dced,but when i am about to make it log back in it send me back to starter page. So im like ok..ill close the client and reopen via arc...i did that and it says my toon is already loged in..so answer this..HOW CAN I FORCE LOG OUT MY TOON SO I CAN LOG BACK IN!

This is the entire point - This normal feature is disabled currently​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Fact: arc makes it a real problem if you dc, as there's a fair chance you'll not be able to log back for several minutes at least,
    If you're not playing on a server that's actually in your region, or you have **** internet, stop playing. You're just guaranteeing your own frustration. Basically you're shooting yourself in the foot. I don't know why nobody gets the fact that the internet is not some magical connection. If you're trying to connect to California from Germany you are going to have some issues. If your average ping is over 150ms, go somewhere else.

So if we say live in central rural area us with **** internet we should stop playing too? :D My ping's always above 2k-3k but i'm not QQing about it. Only time it becomes an issue is when I dc while doing an instance for a fac member and then end up not being able to log into it for 15 minutes because pwi times out the internet connection.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

So if we say live in central rural area us with **** internet we should stop playing too? :D My ping's always above 2k-3k but i'm not QQing about it. Only time it becomes an issue is when I dc while doing an instance for a fac member and then end up not being able to log into it for 15 minutes because pwi times out the internet connection.

Common sense would state that if you have **** internet, you should avoid attempting to play online games. Save yourself the frustration. Really, why? When you know your crappy internet is going to cause you a problem, why? Seriously. Why?
    It's kind of like those commercials where people enjoy walking into support beams.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Common sense would state that if you have **** internet, you should avoid attempting to play online games. Save yourself the frustration. Really, why? When you know your crappy internet is going to cause you a problem, why? Seriously. Why?
    It's kind of like those commercials where people enjoy walking into support beams.
    I would guess that most people don't know they have crappy internet and/or are generally ignorant of how to tell one way or the other. Most online services, including most games, make that confusion worse by appearing like they work fine until something like this force log issue comes up. People who've been having this issue tell me that they'll have perfectly normal ping before this comes up, no other symptoms of lag, and then bam, they're gone for 15 minutes.

This also assumes that the client doesn't crash for its own reasons, or that other hardware/software on your end isn't at fault. One machine in my house, for instance, occasionally drops its connection for no reason (this led to a situation where we would've needed force log earlier this week). I think the NIC might be at fault, there. And perhaps you could argue that this machine shouldn't be played on until fixed, but the fact remains that force log used to be there to make this and many other miscellaneous causes of disconnection a non-issue.

Finally, regarding long-distance connections - I'm US East Coast and I play on Etherblade, because when I joined PWI, there were no East Coast servers in existence. Rolling on Tideswell now would make 9 years of progress meaningless for me. I can't be the only one.

My point being, as long as we have those million failure points between you and the servers, this is a tool we still need. I don't think I've ever seen the reconnection popup you described, and I would consider my connection non-**** in general.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    I've read a fair amount of the posts here - not all but a lot and most miss completely what is happening with PWI and Arc. You have to think like a corporation to see the truth. Understand this, PWI/PWE doesn't get a rat's a$$ about players, all they care about is how the company stock does on the open market. various things and gizmos they introduced into game like Daily Logon had nothing to do with you but how PWE could produce a report with a statement as to how many people logged in daily. With that in mind lets talk ARC.

Before it was introduced some of us saw what it was all about before it even launched. ADVERTISING. Plain and simple. They hoped that "we" would want to play other PWE games. That is the only reason Arc is there. Why do you think they developed Arc Quests. The longer your on Arc the more advertising you see. All this **** about multiple accounts etc... is all BS and just a poor excuse to what they think most will believe as being a justified reply to their inconsiderate actions against players. After all look what they did to Faction bases, which multiple people worked on for years with time, collecting what was needed to level, improve and/or get faction base goodies. Screwed us ALL over with that one. Now small factions are really done in with that. Oh BTW look at Arc, there maybe another PWE game that could interest you... Sure like anyone would ever risk their time and effort on anything PWE produces.

I tried another PWE game - worked it for a year while working my PWI characters as a break. Then the change the graphics engine and **** that up for all that used an older O/S.

Now I ran and still run Windows XP Pro on a dual boot system with Win 7 Ultimate as my "other" O/S both which are new installs on a new drive. Here's what happened. Slowly Arc gave up the ghost on XP. How? Well the idiot devs install a little thing in Arc that now requires GetTickTime64 instead of GetTickCount in kernel32.dll. No matter how you search the web, do a fresh O/S and service pack install, kernel32.dll in XP has only GetTickCount and there is no way to install or make work GetTickCount64. Of course as we all know the Arc By-Pass no longer works and your forced to log-in with Arc, which will not does not work on WIn XP which was stable as heck. BTW if you know how to use your device manager you can still log-in a dozen accounts using Arc.

Now I run Arc through my WIn 7. Only problem there is PWI crashes and when it does, my account is not release off the server for over an hour. I can reboot the game, make sure Element.exe is shut down through manager, even shut down my computer for 10 minutes. "This Account is Logged In" Great message to get when your doing battle in TW or SvS, which are the only times I log in now. I am another one of these 9 year players and my days are numbered until I get kicked from the guild for non-activity. AND if PWI thinks that their BS Advertising on Arc will get me to look at another PWE game, well they can kiss my ....

I sure as heck haven't nor will I spend a penny on this BS game, that's the only thing PWI understands.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Sadly I don't really see much of a solution to this whole problem. Sure PWE could bring normal login back or fix arc in a way that please a lot of people, but the damage has already been done.

All I can say is that the state not only of this game, but also of the whole gaming industry nowadays is kind of disgusting.
    However at same time, it is also true that a lot of the bad things that game companies do nowadays are the players fault.
    A lot of gamers nowadays are not only used to, but also pleased to be "legally scammed" by game companies.
    If we compare modern games to your average game from 12 - 15 years ago or even older ones, you will notice that most of the limitations on older games were hardware based, and most of time the finished product was pretty good.

Nowadays we have PC and consoles way more powerful than the ones at that time, but even so, most of the modern games are alf finished, full of glitches, and even worse: they sell you the other alf of the game as dlc for even more than what the full game cost.
    - In the past a company had to pay people in order to test a game for them to launch a full product. Now people pay the company in the form of "founder pack" or "early access" in order to test the game for them.
    - In the past you would buy a game, and said game had multiple endings, characters, extra missions, extra bosses, etc, etc, etc. Nowadays the game is just the basic history and everything else is dlc that cost more $$$$.

And what is more funny about this whole thing is that a lot of people defend this ***** and shady business practices. Many people say stuff like: "Is my money and I use it as I want" or "It is a job for them and they need to earn for a living blabla"

Reality is that if someone goes to buy a $ 400000 sport car, let's say a Lamborghini or something like that. And after buying the car, the person get only the chassis, with a defective engine, no seats, no radio and a lot of other bad stuff. That customer would be really mad about it and will definitely call the seller a scammer. Imagine how much rage that customer would feel if the seller also tell him: you can get the radio, but paying extra $$$$.

Now I know that a car is something tangible and can not be compared with software, still that does not change the fact that your average contemporary gamer seems to love to be screwed by their favorite videogame companies.

Now you may wonder how the heck is all what this guy said related to PWI.
    The answer is simple:
    If most AAA game companies **** their customers nowadays even on single player not online games. It should not be surprising at all that pwe focus now only on their whales and tries to milk them as much as they can before the end, specially considering that a lot of those whales will keep dumping thousands of $$$$ on keys/packs and other stuff.
    This company as many others, already got used to depend only on their big spenders and pretty much all other people are irrelevant for them. So yeah big part of the problem is not the company itself but the people that love to waste their money on garbage.

Now don't take this as QQ or rage of any sort, it is what it is and as I said before there is not much that we can do about it.
    The reason why I say it is cause from my point of view: the only thing that could shake a company like this, would be something that affect directly and in really short term their capacity to earn money from their players. And by the reaction we got so far, it seems to me that this is not the case. I can asure you that if the whole arc stuff was instead something like inability of its customers to charge $$$, they would immediately fix the isue even with chinese holidays...

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Erm, that post by Sheep clouds pertaining to a announcement to management that cough cough is closing in August 2018 is looking more and more legit lmao...
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    wettstyle wrote: »
    Erm, that post by Sheep clouds pertaining to a announcement to management that cough cough is closing in August 2018 is looking more and more legit lmao...

Source?​​
  • wettstyle
    edited March 2018
    At phantom, was a few months ago, to be exact I dont know as it was taken out of the forums:(. But I assure you it was there!. People said it was fake, as in timing look as to when Sheep clouds left was at that time. Trust me I am not being a Troll or trying to make up what I read/ I do recall something pertaining to 1337 or sumthing like that, not sure if that was the user or what.. I should not of even said anything:(.
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User

6 months after force Arc, then all refund requiriments giving zen to people use other Arc producs? :s

@kalystconquerer#0876 must give a word about this 'culprit'. Conspiracy theory or not, this make sense.

• heerohex#3018
    I remember something about this. I'll be fair tho I'm sure that was a hoax and that date they set has passed.

Their have always been the "pwi is closing" posts about. But with the work kalystconquerer is doing, what we know and what I've been told.

PWI is in a lot better state than some of the other PWE games. Little comfort I know but this was also the reason I said about supporting it if you like it.

Nothing lasts for ever, but we can try!

#longLivePWI

Thanks.
  • phantomforce#4598
    At phantom, was a few months ago, to be exact I dont know as it was taken out of the forums:(. But I assure you it was there!. People said it was fake, as in timing look as to when Sheep clouds left was at that time. Trust me I am not being a Troll or trying to make up what I read/ I do recall something pertaining to 1337 or sumthing like that, not sure if that was the user or what.. I should not of even said anything:(.
    The only thing I found was from September 2016, and it was an obvious hoax. Orinj even replied stating that SheepClouds did not work for PWI any longer.

I'm going to guess that is what you have seen.​​
  • wettstyle
    Okay, my apologies for the opening of my mind on to text xD, just with the stuff going on lately it brought back that statement in my memory banks of the date i remembered:). Should of like I said prior, kept it in my mind:). Let's move on .. when august comes and goes I will give a big sigh of relief xD.
  • phantomforce#4598
    Usefull discussion in this thread ended a while ago. Closing for now.​​
  • phantomforce#4598
    Re-opening thread now. Future trolling will probably be nuked. Be civil in your discussion please.​​
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Cool. @phantomforce can you send me a PM when you get a chance? Since as I understand it the only way to get PMs going these days is when a mod starts it. No hurry.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    The Console is useless with out the GM flag on your account with the exception of a few debug commands.

On thread. I know this is taking some time and PWE dont like to comment on this sorta thing. I just hope that they are taking the time to get this RIGHT first time for the playerbase.

They have told us this is temp so I just hope they get it right after the time it takes to get resolved.​​

Wrong as someone who likes to use two games one separate monitors not having access to the console is completely annoying. when you d_rendernofocus it stops that annoying and unnecessary screen freeze when you click off of the game. Also as someone who streams the game regularly is not great when i click off the game to change a song or to check out a webpage that my entire stream is at a freeze screen.

So no it isn't useless.
  • stalecurdle
    stalecurdle Posts: 3 Arc User
    Get while the reading's good. Watch this vanish simply for being my opinion on the matter. If punishment must be dealt, I ask it is dealt only to me, instead of locking this thread again please? This is meant to exhibit how I have seen PWE act in the past during similar scenarios. Behaviors can change, keep in mind...

PWE doesn't care at all about player safety; they only care about control and profits. It's a business after all. I wouldn't expect much transparency or communication on this matter. Their decision has already been made, and there's no going back now, sorry to say. I know because I've already been through this same transition with PWE on BLR. Don't allow yourselves to be fooled, nothing you do will reverse this decision. When BLR was first introduced to ARC defender, our community had the same reactions. Many questioned the reasoning behind the implementation, moderators quit their positions @sylenthunder, tons of players petitioned to reverse the change, and far more quit the game entirely. We changed nothing. I very well could be wrong about PWI's transition, but I highly doubt it.

PWE's business model is not concerned with population, beyond maintaining enough whales to keep their title afloat. The aim isn't to please the masses, but instead to cater to the highest spenders. If your a whale, then you get to enjoy the finest luxuries PWE can offer. Everyone else is expendable, and PWE will go to disgusting lengths to ensure their goals of control and profits are met.

@jsxshadow Legality seems to be of little significance to PWE, I'm guessing Chinese foreign relations and economics play large roles. I've seen both first and third hand accounts of PWE employees ILLEGALLY HARASSING players on BLR forum (when it was a thing). Personal details about my life were left on the forums for over eighteen months, while I contacted everyone in the chain of command to get the issue resolved. PWE never removed my information from their site, it was instead removed by a kind volunteer moderator. Another user was openly mocked for their disability on PWE forums, and when they complained about the harassment publicly on the forum PWE deleted the victim's profiles (allegedly worth over $1K, for perspective BLR's most expensive item was $100, and it unlocked nearly everything in the game), instead of punishing the offenders. No, I'm not exaggerating, Aita was a mod: http://steamcommunity.com/app/209870/discussions/1/1471967615886834774/
    @greenfire312 No, PWE doesn't allow their employees to be honest, especially not in cases like this. BLR CM boldfaced lied to me, telling me a mod was banned for repeatedly harassing me, when in fact he was banned for "cheating" right before a tournament, because the biggest whale felt threatened by their participation. The cheating claim has never been proven. PWE doesn't care how good your behavior is; TOS section 26 allows them to ban anyone at anytime for zero reason, and I've seen them abuse this as well.

PWE is not interested in appealing to the majority of their customer base. They are only interested in doing what's best for their bottom line. If this bothers you, I'd advise you to take your business elsewhere, as they show no signs of changing. I wouldn't expect a satisfactory response from PWE on this transition issue, or a timely one for that matter.

Best of luck, here's hoping PWE will actually change, thanks for reading.