New Special Effects (Graphics Updates - PWCN)

hawke1000
hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I came across a post on PWCN's facebook page and apparently there's gonna be some new special effects added to the game. I'm actually really happy about this since its about time they looked into the visuals (and hopefully the God-forsaken lag due to the antediluvian game engine). Here's the post (translated):

3/28/2018 Maintenance - Weekly Update:

1.World of Might 2 will launch a new game plan called "AngelicaII 2 Engine" to completely optimize the game with a new set of features. The new features, including the surface effect system, fashion, equipment, scenery, water surface to play is more subtle, full of vitality .....
2. Start the League of Interstate 2018 tournament.
3. April Fishery Open (Day of Liar 1/4/2018)

Some screenshots:

f0yctu.jpg

2607rxh.jpg

2d1sa5c.jpg

Cheers

~ Ruby_Inferno

Comments

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Visuals and new features won't help our version if we remain abandoned by support.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    If fashion will look better then sign me up! To be honest, I don't like how the new water effect looks like. It looks out of place with the rest of the game remaining the same, but it might look better in motion.

Here is the link to the PWCN news page.
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Ah... if they dont update the Engine this is gonna be crash and Burn.

It already cant cope with the current graphics.

Thanks for the update tho.​​
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    If fashion will look better then sign me up! To be honest, I don't like how the new water effect looks like. It looks out of place with the rest of the game remaining the same, but it might look better in motion.

Here is the link to the PWCN news page.
    ​​

I just really hope it doesn't introduce more lag....if it is actually optimized for efficient GPU usage I'll be more than happy.... :/
    heero200 wrote: »
    Ah... if they dont update the Engine this is gonna be crash and Burn.

It already cant cope with the current graphics.

Thanks for the update tho.​​

This. At this point this game's FPS is a massive issue. Nothing is worse than watching it run at 10FPS on a machine that is a massive overkill for it already....lets hope they actually optimize the performance too.

Welcome!

~ Ruby_Inferno

• thewacko
    thewacko Posts: 14 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    why are you people getting 10 fps in 2018...

The old antiquated engine is why. It only runs on one core and doesn't really utilize the GPU at all, that and a lot of skill effects going at the same time can cause it​​
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    want to use all core + GPU only wait when new engine but wait 5 year and still nothing really is bad on PC for 3k$ got in xTW TW 3fps
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It seriously isn't that hard to optimize an engine for multi-core systems or to even implement full DX9 GPU acceleration... They should just let all draw calls for effects and ppl be handled by the GPU and 1000+ ppl at the same time would be smooth 144 fps on Max Settings. But no...ofc not, why would they. Soft-rendering is so much more...err..
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    First off, optimizing for multi-core CPUs and actually using the GPU are no-brainers and they should totally do that. Let's hope they actually do that, because it'd be just like them to half-**** it by bumping up the graphics without anything to support it.

That aside... I kind of have mixed feelings about this. All other things being equal, I'd much rather have an actual optimization update without any visual changes thrown in. It sounds weird, but with so much having changed in this game over the years, I kinda feel like a visual change would just take the game further from its roots. That being said... if they must implement a visual change, this is probably the best way they could've done it. Those examples look pretty subtle.
    But no...ofc not, why would they. Soft-rendering is so much more...err..
    ..."nostalgic?"

Yeah. Let's go with nostalgic. :tongue:

(In fairness, I can probably think of a game or two which had unnecessary hardware acceleration thrown in after the fact, but those games were from like... 20-25 years ago :lol: )
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I’d consider playing and spending even if they actually made it run off GPU otherwise it will be a fail project. Thanks for post though.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    >World of Might 2 will launch a new game plan called "AngelicaII 2 Engine" to completely optimize the game with a new set of features.

A new engine and being "optimized"? That... that doesn't sound like it matches with what the images are showing to us.

Will need a better translation and/or more information on this.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    can someone run CH client and see if it's now using one or multiple threads?
    i cba to reinstall for this

anyways this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw4G3sRFICk
    apparently is calling a new incoming boundary​​
  • tabaloul
    other things, they adjusted xTW matchmaking, if you hold more than set lands you can't bid wars
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20180328/80302.shtml
    and China had a major servers merge last week​​
  • tabaloul
    so the new xTW matchmaking will be:
    you need 2 own-server TW lands to be able to bid
    every server has a cap of xTW bids of 4 factions, u can't exceed that and successfull bids will be random
    if a faction holds more than 6 own-server lands, its bids are automatically successfull
    if there are more than 4 factions holding more than 6 own-server lands, other factions cannot bid​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    O boy, this xTW update...
    7 Months ago I made a video about xTW being an afk fiesta because there arent enough competitive factions in xTW so everyone is just farming lands and having PvE wars every week trying to avoid other strong factions at any cost. And now they not only want to lower the amount of competitive factions, but also the amount of factions in general to 16 (for us, 4 representatives per server). I can only assume China has more servers than us so this change should never come to PWI, it wouldnt make any sense with only 4 servers. Makes me wonder if PWCN had alt-factions bidding in xTW to help their own faction by fighting opposition while not showing up if they got themselves. They basically want to eliminate factions that have no business in xTW from bidding for xTW and thus giving whatever lucky faction gets them a free pass.

I like the new textures, since that likely means a new engine, because why the hell would they bother updating the textures on the old engine, there's 0 point in doing that. But I guess we'll wait and see, the engine conversation is almost as old as PWI -_-''

We just need sum new content, and fast, cuz there aint nothing to do anymore, the themepark xpac didnt give us any new content to grind. People are bored.
  • tabaloul
    dingo488 wrote: »
    O boy, this xTW update...
    7 Months ago I made a video about xTW being an afk fiesta because there arent enough competitive factions in xTW so everyone is just farming lands and having PvE wars every week trying to avoid other strong factions at any cost. And now they not only want to lower the amount of competitive factions, but also the amount of factions in general to 16 (for us, 4 representatives per server). I can only assume China has more servers than us so this change should never come to PWI, it wouldnt make any sense with only 4 servers. Makes me wonder if PWCN had alt-factions bidding in xTW to help their own faction by fighting opposition while not showing up if they got themselves. They basically want to eliminate factions that have no business in xTW from bidding for xTW and thus giving whatever lucky faction gets them a free pass.

I like the new textures, since that likely means a new engine, because why the hell would they bother updating the textures on the old engine, there's 0 point in doing that. But I guess we'll wait and see, the engine conversation is almost as old as PWI -_-''

We just need sum new content, and fast, cuz there aint nothing to do anymore, the themepark xpac didnt give us any new content to grind. People are bored.

PWCH just had a gigantic server merge, like 8 servers merged into 4, so yea that works for them, intra TW for them will carry out just competitive factions to xTW​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Is this something I need to note as a concern for next expansion?

Let's try do it this way as things have not worked in the past.

Thanks.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    tabaloul wrote: »
    apparently is calling a new incoming boundary

I've also seen some sources saying we'll be getting a new boundary level. I haven't found a confirmation yet, but if it turns out to be true then I expect that this is how we'll be unlocking the rest of the Western Steppes. As you know we still have 4 locked areas there. dino1-20.gif​​
  • blazerboy
    More boundary level w/o a sky level otherwise it just makes the game less likely to welcome ppl on the fence of return ijs
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    "3. April Fishery Open (Day of Liar 1/4/2018)" -- Is it just me or did anyone else catch this? "day of Liar 4/1/2018" = April Fools Day?
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    tabaloul wrote: »
    so the new xTW matchmaking will be:
    you need 2 own-server TW lands to be able to bid
    every server has a cap of xTW bids of 4 factions, u can't exceed that and successfull bids will be random
    if a faction holds more than 6 own-server lands, its bids are automatically successfull
    if there are more than 4 factions holding more than 6 own-server lands, other factions cannot bid​​
    There were almost the same rules before, but PWI didnt apply em here.

• archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    I think PWI is going to die soon. Wanmei has been ignoring Perfect World for years already. You can easily see how slowly they've been abandoning this game even just by looking at the "quality" of expansions and content updates they've been releasing these days. Genesis was the last "quality update" we've got. After Genesis, PWI has been going downhill. If only they paid attention to this game as much as they did during Age of Spirits - Genesis era, PWI would still be an awesome game today, but PWChina and PWE realized that the players woud bite almost anything they release, so they took advantage of it. They don't even have to make a new look for every upgraded equipments. I mean you'll pay $$$$ just for the gear's attributes, which can be done just by editing from the developer's perspective. They don't need to sketch a new look for the gears, equipments, and other items. You'd bite anything they release. Ofc, in PWI today, it's the attributes that matters the most.

Anyway, on the other hand they're developing a remake of Perfect World. I think most of its players both international and China wouldn't want the game to be changed that much as what they showed in 2016 (about the new upgraded engine), so they made a separate remake of PW.
  • hdoggy
    Anyway, on the other hand they're developing a remake of Perfect World. I think most of its players both international and China wouldn't want the game to be changed that much as what they showed in 2016 (about the new upgraded engine), so they made a separate remake of PW.
    You really should give some sources before you start claiming that the video you found is for sure a remake, rather than the 10th anni update they told us about in last year's interview.
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    hdoggy wrote: »
    You really should give some sources before you start claiming that the video you found is for sure a remake, rather than the 10th anni update they told us about in last year's interview.

http://news.17173.com/content/04012018/070043079.shtml
    http://www.wanmei.com/wmnews/wmnews2018/20180328/210603.shtml
    http://news.17173.com/live/zt/2018/0327wmsj/#0
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    The "new game" is something else.

I would bet that the "The Perfect World Hosting Edition" is the mobile version we heard about being developed a year or so ago, that is only loosely based on the original.

However, I did find this....
    Perfect World International Edition will upgrade the engine in the new year, update copies, and continue to grow the world.

They have also changed the new brand image/logo away from "Perfect World" as they are diversifying it into the trio of main titles.
    NgMYcMbmjqwrwod.jpg!a-3-960x.jpg
    ​​
  • hdoggy
    The "new game" is something else.
    The melee fighter in that demo has wings on the sides of her head as well as her back. The enemies she's engagin with look to be identical to those wolfmen seen in Morai. At the very least, if it's a new game, it's probably well within established Perfect World lore.
  • blazerboy
    edited April 2018
    Tbh Idek why keep coming up with new games and then just neglecting older titles
  • zee#3785
    zee#3785 Posts: 22 Arc User
    These new graphic updates are very good but it will be a fps brutality, unless this game's engine gets updated as well.