Blademaster gear T3xR8xR9

ikrizzz
ikrizzz Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Blademaster
Hello guys. I'm a demon blademaster with T3 gear, currently been working on this toon for about a month, but I'm a f2p player... I've been slowly farming my way to R9, but, well, it's slow. I wanted to know whether it is worth doing R8 equipment for the blademaster. In that simulator ingame, the basic gear shows a very good R8 and I kinda like what I see in terms of everything lol

Is it worth doing a gear like that, considering R8 is "farmable" nowadays? Or is it just better to keep with T3 and go straight to R9?

I wanted to be able to go PVP and actually do something... I don't plan on soloing ppl because while it's possible, it's not the main objective of a blademaster in mass pvp, but I wish I could actually get close to someone to stun, and not be a chi totem.

And yeah, I know spirit makes a huge difference, I'm working on it :)

Edit: And I'm farming my G17 axe as well
Post edited by ikrizzz on

Comments

• mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    ikrizzz wrote: »

Edit: And I'm farming my G17 axe as well

Ive also been wondering this, what g17 should a bm actually go for.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    All of them, and then just cycle between them while the procs are on cooldown. Since all the procs individually are too shjt to actually be worth using a different weapon for.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    I would say stick with the T3, R8 can be really good but you have to reroll for good stats which can take awhile and it's set bonus isn't as good as T3, even the R8R3 is just barely comparable to it in terms of set bonus, rerolling it would take a lot of mats and a long time to get something that really stands out compared to T3. Unless you want to use the R8 for a PVE aps set then it can be very helpful when farming older dungeons.

For you G17 the only procs with CD's are the defense ones (dimlight figure, dragonstone armor, benevolent ward, and windtrail shadow). I'm unsure if Purify Spell shares this CD as well or not but I'd imagine not given that it's the same version used on the R8 weapons and they felt no need to add a CD to it back then.

If you want it for mainly support go for either Spirit Blackhole or Heartbite Rend. Spirit Blackhole on G17 is different from say the one on bow's or the r8r poleblade/poleaxe. G17 Spirit Blackhole can go off with any attack, such as HF, paralyze, bleed, ect. Older weapons with Spirit Blackhole don't share this benefit, that version of it cannot go off if the attack debuffs or buffs.

If those don't sound appealing and you want a defensive stat, mainly for PVP, I'd say go for one of these procs:

Dimlight Figure: chance to become untargettable for 5 seconds, has a 30 second cd after the proc goes off.

Dragon Stone Armor: chance to evade all negative status effects for 5 seconds, similar to Tidal, also has a 30 sec cd after it procs and doesn't remove any current status effects on you so its iffy

Purify Spell: chance to remove all negative status effects and become to movement debufss (excluding paralyze) and gain 200% speed boost. I don't think this one has a 30 sec cd after proc but I do know it doesn't have a very good proc rate and a lot say it's not very good.

If absolutely none of that sounds good at all then just go for God of Frenzy, support through helping damage a target is still nice. It may not be considered the absolute best way to support your team but it's still helpful, especially in PVE nuke squads.

Hope this advice is helpful. Remember to look at what you believe will be most beneficial to your playstyle and what you mainly stick to doing, PVE, PVP, or a good balance of both.
  • ikrizzz
    I would say stick with the T3, R8 can be really good but you have to reroll for good stats which can take awhile and it's set bonus isn't as good as T3, even the R8R3 is just barely comparable to it in terms of set bonus, rerolling it would take a lot of mats and a long time to get something that really stands out compared to T3. Unless you want to use the R8 for a PVE aps set then it can be very helpful when farming older dungeons.

For you G17 the only procs with CD's are the defense ones (dimlight figure, dragonstone armor, benevolent ward, and windtrail shadow). I'm unsure if Purify Spell shares this CD as well or not but I'd imagine not given that it's the same version used on the R8 weapons and they felt no need to add a CD to it back then.

If you want it for mainly support go for either Spirit Blackhole or Heartbite Rend. Spirit Blackhole on G17 is different from say the one on bow's or the r8r poleblade/poleaxe. G17 Spirit Blackhole can go off with any attack, such as HF, paralyze, bleed, ect. Older weapons with Spirit Blackhole don't share this benefit, that version of it cannot go off if the attack debuffs or buffs.

If those don't sound appealing and you want a defensive stat, mainly for PVP, I'd say go for one of these procs:

Dimlight Figure: chance to become untargettable for 5 seconds, has a 30 second cd after the proc goes off.

Dragon Stone Armor: chance to evade all negative status effects for 5 seconds, similar to Tidal, also has a 30 sec cd after it procs and doesn't remove any current status effects on you so its iffy

Purify Spell: chance to remove all negative status effects and become to movement debufss (excluding paralyze) and gain 200% speed boost. I don't think this one has a 30 sec cd after proc but I do know it doesn't have a very good proc rate and a lot say it's not very good.

If absolutely none of that sounds good at all then just go for God of Frenzy, support through helping damage a target is still nice. It may not be considered the absolute best way to support your team but it's still helpful, especially in PVE nuke squads.

Hope this advice is helpful. Remember to look at what you believe will be most beneficial to your playstyle and what you mainly stick to doing, PVE, PVP, or a good balance of both.

Thank you a lot for your help man... I will stick with T3 then, and my plan was to get GOF, specially for that PVE part lol
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Settle in T3 for now keep refines between 5-7 without use of orbs, get urself a r8recast axe for some def while ur playing support and debuffer, all the while start farming for ur rank9 Ring, belt in that order first, since you stated ur farming for g17 weapon.

The ring and Belt doesn't break ur T3 set bonus and it puts you closer to what you desire, and a r9 weapon is not part of the set bonus, the weapon is just juicy. If that is bm is ur main trust me your gonna end up going down that path in the future anyways regardless of what you did already. So better to start asap. No matter what your stating now , trust me I been there. And finished the gear with full Vit but it still dont stop there, its still not enough it will never be enough so if your gonna climb, climb higher. Better that way then to only regret later thinking "what a waste of time and coins."

Lets be honest PWI now has it where most if any of the real fun is at endgame play. Set your goal for that. And like i have always said with a BM you gotta go all the way or go home cause the "inbetween" is just too frustrating. Your talking Mass pvp so my main advice is go all the way. Not like theres much else to do in PWI now anyways.
  • ikrizzz
    edited April 2018
    e1finger wrote: »
    If that is bm is ur main trust me your gonna end up going down that path in the future anyways regardless of what you did already.

What did you mean with that? You meant the R9 weapon? rofl

• e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    The Gear is what im referring too, Seen it soo many times pure bms got mind set on just some t3s thinking that be good enough for them. Only to later be heavily farming for Rank9 or end up later cashing. Im advising you start farming r9 now. Cause like most of us theres a set of T3 we wishing we didnt bother wasting so much time or coins dressing with high refines or shards. They only come handy later for an Alt's.